What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can't Sign into Windows Live messenger

Can't Sign into Windows Live messenger
Author: Message:
Bloody-Bob.Jr

O.P. Can't Sign into Windows Live messenger
I've been having this problem for a few months now (I gave up using windows live messenger). I was using MSN msg 8.5 for a while, until it forces me to download MSN live. I keep trying to use it because Live messenger refused to work for me.

I can never sign in when I try to, I have a windows live account. I'm using windows XP, I have windows 7 also, which has windows live msg and works fine (dual boot system). Every time I try and sign in, it gives me an error report to send in, I've probably have sent about 50 of them now.

I can't figure out the problem, I've tried a few fixes. Like re-registering some files, and clearing my SSL state. I think this was for another problem signing (maybe for who could before, but stopped working afterwords). Mine has Never worked, for the start on XP, which has been very frustrating. It's giving me this error title (below), and of course the long technical version (not sure how I can copy that list). A Problem with the Windows Live communications Platform.

AppName: wlcomm.exe     AppVer: 14.0.8098.930     ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755     Offset: 00036efa

(It never really gave me a direct error code, unless it's in the longer technical readout)

It says that this text file will also be sent:
"C:\DOCUME~1\BLOODY~1.JR\LOCALS~1\Temp\19e2_appcompat.txt"

It's just some random data, that doesn't really tell me anything. It's been really annoying to be forced to download something, that I didn't really want.. that doesn't work at all. Maybe my case is a rare occurrence, but I'm completely lost on how to fix it. I would be just as happy using 8.5, if I was able to, but that doesn't seem possible.

Sorry if I sound a bit snarky, it's because I just want it to work (when it never has), I have other means of communicating. Maybe this is my fault somehow, but I can't figure out what. I just really want easy way to view my emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I'm at a lost. thanks   

01-05-2010 08:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live messenger
You may be missing or have a corrupt 'Windows Live Communications Platform' component.

You can download it here: http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3rc/contacts.asp [Source]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-06-2010 12:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: