What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Webcam Crashes when connected?

Webcam Crashes when connected?
Author: Message:
lewiblue

O.P. Webcam Crashes when connected?
Hey guys i keep having the same problem of my webcam not working when people connect. i also tryed a older question to this and followed the advice but couldnt seem to make any sence of it.

i can send my webcam request to them and they can accept just when it comes to the connecting it freezes my whole msn. ive also had a problem before where i cant click on the send my webcam button besides my dp in a msn convosation.

my webcam is a Trust WB 1400 and i have all the driver installed atm i have downloaded the drivers from the net as i have lost my disc for the setup but wasnt sure if i unistall the webcam then reinstall using the drivers downloaded from the net and then it not work.

please help guys/girls ide like to my gf to see me from time to time :)
01-13-2010 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Webcam Crashes when connected?
Hey.

So, since you started using the downloaded driver, when you try to send your webcam, it crashes Windows Live Messenger?

Did you download the driver from the manufacturers website? Their website only seems to recognise a "WB-1400T" webcam, is that the one you have? It says you need to download a driver specific to the version of the webcam you have; so download a general driver from another website most likely won't work. If you plug the webcam in and go to this page, it looks like it can detect which version you have. If it doesn't, just follow the instructions to download the correct driver for your version of webcam and give it a try. You might want to uninstall the current driver beforehand.

Let me know how you get on. :)

Chris
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-13-2010 10:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lewiblue

O.P. RE: Webcam Crashes when connected?
Hey Chris thanks for the help i have installed the drivers and everythings fine at the start of the driver download it keeps saying uninstall the product does that mean i have a version of it somewhere? but ive just downloaded it and no problems happened during the download but i afterwards i logged onto msn and plugged the webcam in and there is no webcam icon now besides my dp. Any help again i thank you in advance. :)
01-14-2010 07:57 AM
lewiblue

O.P. RE: Webcam Crashes when connected?
Ah ive found anothr problem when it comes to accepting other webcam requests it crashes as well if that helps? really need help with this one :)
01-14-2010 09:26 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Webcam Crashes when connected?
Uninstall the current driver and install the one from the website which corresponds to the webcam version you have.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-14-2010 11:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: