What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How can i save all the emails on my messenger to computer

How can i save all the emails on my messenger to computer
Author: Message:
Ma7m00d

I'm here

– / Male / –
O.P. How can i save all the emails on my messenger to computer
hi .. what's up

i have messenger 14+

what can i do to save my contacts to my computer ??

please help me

and thanks
09-24-2010 08:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: How can i save all the emails on my messenger to computer
Your contacts get stored in the Windows Live servers, they cannot be stored locally.

Neither Windows Live Messenger itself, nor Messenger Plus! Live allow this to happen

This post was edited on 09-24-2010 at 10:50 AM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5218 days, 6 hours, 45 minutes, 51 seconds ago
09-24-2010 10:49 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
There isn't a special feature in Messenger Plus! because it is already possible in other ways.
But from within Messenger you can't do this directly anymore either, because the export feature has been removed. And that is because of the following reason:

Your real and complete contact list isn't just a list of Messenger contacts anymore, it now also includes contacts from Hotmail, as well as contacts from other social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc. And because there is more to it than just what you'll see in Messenger, stuff like that is best managed using an online service (that is via your web browser) outside the restriction of the interface of a client program (which is Messenger) which only uses a part of that list.

As such, you manage your Messenger contacts on your online profile (http://profile.live.com/). You either get there via Messenger (via the view profile button or menu), or via http://www.live.com/, etc. And from there you navigate to your contact list. Or you can go directly to http://contacts.live.com/ if you prefer.

So, go to your contact list on live.com and you'll see a list of all your contacts for all the social network services you're connected to with your Windows Live Id. Now select All Contacts (or the social network list or the category you want to export). Then, in the top menu of the contacts pane you'll see the menu Manage. Click that and you'll have a menu item called Export.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1000965]

This will take you to a verification process using a captcha. After that your contacts will be exported into a comma seperate list as a CSV file (WLMcontacts.csv) which you can store on your computer.

(a CSV file can be opened in Excel. Although, depending on your Excel version, it might be handy to first rename the extension of the file from 'csv' to 'txt' and open that in Excel to get the Text Import Wizard open up which will be able to nicely show you the exported list in columns)

--------------------------------------------------------

Note: if you want to export your contacts because you want to change your Windows Live Id, then please consider that changing your Windows Live Id manually is the last option you should think about.

First check if your current Windows Live Id has the possebility to be changed automatically:
'CookieRevised's reply to: i have made a new email address'

This will save you, and your contacts, a great deal of trouble and all your settings, contacts, connected services, etc will be migrated automatically.

.png File Attachment: live_exportcontacts.png (12.48 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1350 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-15-2010 at 10:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-24-2010 07:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
Thanks CookieRevised you are the best.
11-15-2010 05:21 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version