What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Directory Cannot be Created.

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Directory Cannot be Created.
Author: Message:
LastSoundtrack

She's like the Michilin Man!

O.P. Directory Cannot be Created.
I'm unable to install any skins and scripts with the new plus.
Every time I try, I get an error message saying that the directory cannot be created.
I couldn't find an answer...
So, what exactly am I supposed to do here?
03-31-2011 06:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
FireFaery09

Huh?  RE: Directory Cannot be Created.
I'm having the same problem. I was downloading skins fine a few days ago and now it keeps popping up with an error message. ): I don't know what to do.
03-31-2011 08:24 PM
LastSoundtrack

She's like the Michilin Man!

O.P. RE: Directory Cannot be Created.
I ended up uninstalling the messenger plus however I will keep an eye on my post here and re-install once the issue has been resolved. (:

Thanks in advanced to anyone who helps.
03-31-2011 10:07 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Directory Cannot be Created.
Are you an Administrator on the computer?
03-31-2011 10:35 PM
FireFaery09

Wink  RE: Directory Cannot be Created.
I fixed mine! Instead of uninstalling it, you're given the optionto repair it, just check ONLY the box that says Remove Messenger skin customizations. I did and now I can download skins again. (: Hope it helps.
03-31-2011 11:33 PM
Mydarisis

Nani? O.o

35 / Female / Flag
Hey all of you, I was going through the same problem today and I even tried FireFaery09's suggestion but nothing was working.
However I did find a way to get it working and I'll give it to you step by step so that no one has any disappointments.
I uninstalled Messenger Plus! and only Messenger Plus! then I went back to the Messenger Plus! website and redownloaded the Messenger Plus for my msn(I'm using msn 2009) Upon reinstalling the Messenger Plus! I am not able to import skins, scripts and more.

I hope this helps those of you who haven't been able to fix it, have a good day and DFTBA x3
04-21-2011 02:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
You need to do the following:

Click Start > Computer > C Drive > Program Files  > Yuna Software > Messenger Plus!

Then right click on WLM-Scripts (do the exact same for the WLM-Skins folder) > Click Properties > Click the Security Tab > Click Advanced > Click Owner > Click Edit > Click Administrators and check the box that says Replace owner on subcontainers and objects > Click Apply.

If the above doesn't work try the same however instead of Administrators try the Users group.

Lastly if it still doesn't work and you are the ONLY user on the computer you can take ownership with your user account (selecting your name).

This post was edited on 05-22-2011 at 03:01 PM by matty.
04-21-2011 12:28 PM
Dantwz

Wink  RE: Directory Cannot be Created.
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and came here just to check for a solution to this problem. However, even after trying matty's solution I still could not get Messenger Plus to import the skins. After meddling around for a while in VISTA, I managed to find a solution, so just to share with everyone - in case matty's solution doesn't work for you, follow his instructions till

"Click the Security Tab", then Click on "Edit" (to change permissions) > Click "Users ([User name]\Users)" > Check the box under "Allow" for "Full control" and all the boxes should be automatically ticked. > Click "OK" and accept any additional permissions required etc and you should be on your way.

I guessed that this was due to Vista's excessive requirements for permission if access was not granted to the User, and turns out I was right.

Hope this help all you Vista users out there! :D Other OS users could TRY it of course - it might just help!

This post was edited on 05-05-2011 at 04:42 PM by Dantwz.
05-05-2011 04:38 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Reason I didn't go with User level permissions was in case of a Guest account. But you're right that will also work.
05-05-2011 04:42 PM
Dantwz

Ohh I see. But it didn't seem to work at all for me and that was actually my default setting... Perhaps you have to do both?
05-05-2011 04:43 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: