What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plug! Icon disappeared suddenly

Plug! Icon disappeared suddenly
Author: Message:
beatmagnum

O.P. Plug! Icon disappeared suddenly
Ok I don't know what happened. Everything was still working perfectly fine last night.. but when I turn on MSN today, the plus! icon no longer available and it doesn't function anymore (saving chat logs).

I tried to reinstall both MSN and Messenger Plus! 5 but nothing has changed.. I didn't change anything since last night and It's puzzling as to what caused this problem.. My Windows Live Messenger version is 14.0.8117.416.

I've also read the other threads, don't think I have sweetIM or smiley thing installed..

Anyone has any clue as to what I can do to fix this? Thanks
04-12-2011 01:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Horseboy

You can run and tell THAT - Horseboy

RE: Plug! Icon disappeared suddenly
I'm not exactly sure about what the problem is, but could you please go into "Uninstall Program" (I think it's Add/Remove Programs under XP, can't remember as it's been a while since I've used XP) and have a check for things such as sweetIM and "A-Patch"? A-Patch interferes with Plus!.

This post was edited on 04-12-2011 at 06:54 PM by Horseboy.
Amateur Script Developer.
Current project(s) - TooLong Script
04-12-2011 06:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
beatmagnum

O.P. RE: Plug! Icon disappeared suddenly
I wish I have those installed so that I could just uninstall them and it will work again... But I checked under "Add/Remove Programs" and I don't see "A-Patch" or sweetIM, so I have no clue what's going on..

Seems like Messenger Plus! is not connected to MSN. I tried to reinstall Messenger Plus! 4 and it asked me to upgrade to 5 awhile later, but I don't see the Plus! button on the MSN menu bar for both of them..
04-12-2011 09:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Horseboy

You can run and tell THAT - Horseboy

RE: Plug! Icon disappeared suddenly
Could you please give us some screenshots? It would make it easier for us to figure out what exactly the problem is :)
Amateur Script Developer.
Current project(s) - TooLong Script
04-12-2011 10:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: