What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » chat logs - history

chat logs - history
Author: Message:
tiptopweb

O.P. chat logs - history
Hi

i updated Messenger Plus 4.9 to 5 and im surprised to see the new window about logs

on 4.9 it was a lit by month and very esay to list all contact for each month to read the past logs

on the 5 version, i must select only 1 contact for only 1 month

i checked the settings, i dont see anything to setup like it was in 4.9

any idea to have the list like before ?

thanks !
06-25-2011 04:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: chat logs - history
There was nothing removed in Plus!5 in regards to this. In fact, some things have been added.

The settings for logging can be changed here:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Logs > Chat Logging

So, what do you exactly mean?
Can you provide a screenshot and a better and more detailed explanation of what you want?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-26-2011 12:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tiptopweb

O.P. RE: malware/spyware inside ???
Thanks a lot for  your answer
unfortunately i have problem in the chat history
when i want to select all history (any date, any year..) now its impossible. i have a buton "browse" and i must select in the folders a year, then a month, then a html file of 1 contact.
so i have the history of only 1 month
in the 4.7 version it was working very well
do u know if i can donwload it ?
thanks again
10-01-2011 06:20 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
First you need to know that there are settings in Plus! preferences which determines how the logs are physically stored on your disk:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Logs > Chat Logging > Organize in: 'One folder per month' or 'One folder per contact'

With 'One folder per month' all the logs of all contacts are stored in folders like "January 2011", "Februari 2011", "March 2011", etc...

With 'One folder per contact' all the logs of all dates and times are stored in folders like "contact1@mail.com",  "contact2@mail.com", etc...

--

Second, in the Log Viewer itself you can reorder (visually) the logs in three ways by selecting the appropiate option in the 'Type of View' dropdown list:
1) 'As stored on disk'
    Thus as how you've set them in the preferences.
2) 'Grouped per contact'
    This will reorder all the logs of every date and group them per contact.
    You will see folders with contact names in the 'Log Folders' list.
    Clicking on a contact name and you will see all the logs ever made for that particular contact in the 'Log Files' list.
3) 'Grouped per date'
    This will reorder all the logs of all contacts according to the date and time of the chats.
    You will see folders with dates in the 'Log Folders' list.
    Clicking on a date folder and you will see all the logs made for that particular month for each contact in the 'Log Files' list.

--

Thus depending on what you choose in the Log Viewer's Type of View and how you've set the physical storage of the chat logs in the preferences of Plus!, you will see the list of the logs grouped in different ways.

So, nothing has been removed in comparison with previous versions. In fact, you have now even more ways to sort and/or view them.

--

quote:
Originally posted by tiptopweb
when i want to select all history (any date, any year..) now its impossible.
Thus, like explained, in the preferences set the physical storage to "One folder per month" and/or in the Log Viewer's Type of View select "Grouped per date".

Also note that the above setting is actually the default setting when you install Plus! for the first time if I'm not mistaken.

And make also sure the storage path to your logs is correctly set in the preferences though!!! If it isn't set correctly, the Log Viewer wont be able to find and list the folders.

This post was edited on 10-01-2011 at 08:54 PM by CookieRevised.
10-01-2011 08:38 PM
tiptopweb

O.P. RE: chat logs - history
thanks a lot !
i got it in preferences
but i cant open the past conversations (saved by windows live messenger) "by contact"
perhaps it works only for new conversations saved with new version of MsgPlus?
10-01-2011 09:14 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
but i cant open the past conversations (saved by windows live messenger) "by contact"
Wait, are you talking about the chat logs saved by Windows Live Messenger itself?
If so, then those are and were never saved in seperate directories.

The location of those logs depend on your Windows Live Messenger settings. Plus! doesn't have anything to do with this.

Though, if you set that location to the same map as where you save your Messenger Plus! chat logs, than the Log Viewer will be able to find the logs (though they wont be sorted like the Messenger Plus! logs).

quote:
perhaps it works only for new conversations saved with new version of MsgPlus?
If you have changed the location where logs are stored then yes, it only works for newly created logs. To also have your old logs sorted and visible in the Log Viewer, you need to copy/move them to the appropiate (new) directories.

This post was edited on 10-08-2011 at 09:04 AM by CookieRevised.
10-08-2011 09:03 AM
tiptopweb

O.P. RE: chat logs - history
i talk about chat logs saved by MsgPlus
i still dont understand why it was perfect in the 4.7 and after all changed.
when i look on the 5.10.0.748 version, i search by contact and i must open a month file (html)
i think i will never get the answer about : why they changed ? it was easy and fast to have all emails for 1 contact for any time.

anyway, why not keep a system working fine?
what a world...

when i think i use MsgPlus only for chat logs...
10-08-2011 01:24 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: