What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! General » Why no custom sounds?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Why no custom sounds?
Author: Message:
RvonKarma

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Why no custom sounds?
Over the years on MSN my friend and I built up a massive sound library that we would use constantly, using clips we'd recorded from various films and games. Eventually we'd made over 400 of them between us, and could even go some length of time talking to eachother with just those sounds. I'd absolutely hate to go back to a dull MSN without custom sounds, so you can imagine how disappointed I am to learn that this basic feature isn't even included in Skype Plus, all the while all us Messenger users are going to be forced onto Skype. Can someone please tell me what the status is for Skype regarding this feature?
01-09-2013 07:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jeremy99

RE: Why no custom sounds?
Same situation here. I'm holding off moving to Skype for this exact reason. I'd love to know if there plans to take the sound library over to Skype before the March 15th death of WLM...
01-09-2013 11:00 PM
RvonKarma

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Why no custom sounds?
quote:
Originally posted by jeremy99
Same situation here. I'm holding off moving to Skype for this exact reason. I'd love to know if there plans to take the sound library over to Skype before the March 15th death of WLM...

Good news! I got an update window today, and now that I've updated there's the good old sounds menu! (now called Emotisounds). Sadly, there are only the default ones, and while the option exists to add new ones, it's greyed out at the moment.
01-10-2013 10:13 PM
jeremy99

That is good news! Once they add the option to import an existing sound pack, I'll have no problem switching to Skype.

Thanks for the update!
01-11-2013 10:50 PM
jessycardy

As I've already posted elsewhere, I'm in the same situation as the original poster here: hundreds of sound clips that my friend and I share and just could not do without.
I already knew about the default ones and the greyed out option, and that's promising.
01-28-2013 08:37 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
Good news - Custom sounds are planned for the next version of Messenger Plus! (for Skype).  I do not have a rollout date yet.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

01-30-2013 05:46 PM
MasterJok3r

YEAHH!! ;)
But now...custom emoticons please T___T it's not possible to chat without ç.ç
01-31-2013 09:07 AM
lucasdelion

32 / Male / Flag
I need my custom sounds =/
Same situation of the OP
02-14-2013 02:43 AM
jessycardy

RE: RE: Why no custom sounds?
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Good news - Custom sounds are planned for the next version of Messenger Plus! (for Skype).  I do not have a rollout date yet.

That's great! :D
Will we be able to import old custom sounds made while using Windows Live Messenger?
02-17-2013 01:20 AM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
SOUNDS

You'll be able to access the custom sounds that are on the WLM server (it's the same server) but not ones saved locally.  You'll be able to download built-in and custom sounds but not create or record sounds (yet). 

EMOTICONS

Regarding custom emoticons, Skype has built-in emoticons.  Messenger Plus! (for Skype) isn't yet able to provide custom emoticons because Microsoft doesn't allow this type of modification to the Skype interface. 
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

02-18-2013 02:36 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: