Shoutbox

Chat log is not saved even I checked the option - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option (/showthread.php?tid=100028)

Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by vinix on 02-20-2013 at 02:33 AM

I'm using Messenger Plus! Skype Extension 1.5.0.122 with Skype 6.1.73.129. I've checked the box in options -> Chat Logging -> Enable local chat logging, and set "Store local logs in" to "D:/My Documents/Messenger Plus! for Skype/My Chat Logs". But it's nothing there until now.

How to solve this problem?

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by maatthieupg on 02-25-2013 at 05:26 PM

same here (v. 1.5.0.122) ...

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by Nathalie on 02-27-2013 at 03:32 PM

Seems to be no problem on this end.  Do you have permisssion to write in that directory?

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by CookieRevised on 02-27-2013 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Seems to be no problem on this end.  Do you have permisssion to write in that directory?
Yet, people are constantly reporting that logging does not work. Same with video recording.....
(see many various threads over the last few weeks/months)

Sounds like a problem to me.
RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by Nathalie on 02-28-2013 at 10:13 AM

CookieRevised - we are checking according to the information provided on the forum and via private messages.  One of the options is the possibility of permission problems on the user's directory, and we wanted to rule that out. 

"Constantly" is a strong word - do you personally have chat logging or video recording problems in Messenger Plus! (for Skype) 1.5?

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by Spunky on 03-02-2013 at 04:14 PM

For the amount of posts about this, it would be a lot even back when the forum was active. Now that it's pretty much dead, this is an even worse sign.

A permissions problem is not likely in this situation as most would be trying to save logs in the default location (in their user directory).

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by cooltechnoguy on 03-10-2013 at 01:48 AM

There are some limitations of Plus! for non-Skype friends, which are contacts using  other networks such Windows Live Messenger.

Unfortunately, chat logging does not work for non-Skype friends.

However, all Messenger Plus! features are available for msn contacts connected to Skype using their Live account.

To help you, provide a screenshot of your contact list, use paint to erase their names :-). Also highlight your contacts for which logging is not working.

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by dw24 on 04-22-2013 at 08:36 AM

I having the exact same problem here adding to that the extension makes my computer run slower and yet my windows live messenger still work. I really like skype but if this doesn't solve anytime soon I will go back to msn live.

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by timothyholt506 on 04-22-2013 at 11:13 PM

I also have this problem. It hasn't saved anything at all as all my contacts are either Messenger or Facebook. I have ended up removing Messenger Plus! for Skype as it was doing more harm than good.

RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by leeuw_it on 05-17-2013 at 03:15 PM

Same problem here with Skype v 6.3.0.105 and last Messenger Plus! for Skype...
No solution yet ?

RE: RE: Chat log is not saved even I checked the option by leeuw_it on 05-22-2013 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooltechnoguy
There are some limitations of Plus! for non-Skype friends, which are contacts using  other networks such Windows Live Messenger.
WLM no longer exists...

quote:
Unfortunately, chat logging does not work for non-Skype friends.
All of my contacts use Skype...

quote:
However, all Messenger Plus! features are available for msn contacts connected to Skype using their Live account.
Doesn't seem to be so...