Shoutbox

"you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Thread: "you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! (/showthread.php?tid=100067)

"you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! by venom_zx on 03-16-2013 at 10:30 PM

guys!

i just saw a dialog saying there is an update. so i choose to start the installer. but...

also see the attached picture. (you can see the tooltip when you click the "Why can't i continue" link in the installer)

i can't even install msgplus anymore without installing adware. it was optional before. now it's forced adware. this is unacceptable!

RE: "you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! by WhiteRhino on 03-17-2013 at 03:14 AM

Yea this is some bullshit. I will definitely not be updating and will likely uninstall this software. It's not worth it to have useless garbage installed along with it on my computer.

RE: "you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! by CookieRevised on 03-17-2013 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by venom_zx
also see the attached picture. (you can see the tooltip when you click the "Why can't i continue" link in the installer)

i can't even install msgplus anymore without installing adware. it was optional before. now it's forced adware. this is unacceptable!
Please search forums before posting.
(aka: don't make new threads about something which already exists)
=> New Installer for Messenger Plus!
A whole thread already full of rants about the new installer. ;-)
RE: RE: "you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! by olivex on 03-19-2013 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by venom_zx

Please search forums before posting.
(aka: don't make new threads about something which already exists)
=> New Installer for Messenger Plus!
A whole thread already full of rants about the new installer. ;-)
There is no problem having multiple posts talking about this. It's still better than adware.:)
RE: "you need to select one or more of the offers" REALLY?! by CookieRevised on 03-20-2013 at 02:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by olivex
There is no problem having multiple posts talking about this.
No problem if it is in the same thread.
(forum rules and that kind of stuff)
quote:
Originally posted by olivex
It's still better than adware.:)
That's true!