Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger Virus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger Virus (/showthread.php?tid=100109)

Windows Live Messenger Virus by JohnMM on 04-25-2013 at 01:09 PM

Hi,
Picked up some nasty virus/trojan last week. (Troj:win32Sisproc) and ( Troj:JS/Hiloti.F) Got rid of most debris using Trend Micro, M/S security, Dr Webb, Hijackthis and many more.
Problem still exists with WLM in someone has entered an entirely different sign-in name from mine. It looks like Chinese, Japanese, or Korean! I'm unable to delete it!
It will not open with my own sign-in, but will open for 20 seconds, using a friend's sign-in details. Even then, it closes to the Taskbar after 20 seconds. When I try to click on the WLM Taskbar icon, it disappears immediately. I'm using WLM Version 2009 (Build 14.0.811.716) on Windows XP Pro.
When I try to sign-in, the error message is: We can't sign you into WLM: Error code: 80048103. You are currently not connected to the .Net Messenger Service.
When I sign in using a friends sign-in, I get I AM connected to the Messenger Service, but it still closes after 20 seconds.
Using a different computer, I have no problem using WLM.
Can you tell me where in the Registry I can look for the sign-in details.
Fortunately, I do have cloned back-ups of my hard drives, so no problem should I make any mistakes!
I would just like to get to the bottom of it.
Regards,
John.