Shoutbox

please let me log into Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: please let me log into Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=100187)

please let me log into Messenger by scripttron75 on 06-09-2013 at 10:19 PM

ever since this upgrade to skype i can not login to the server for messenger with plus anymore for a while actually so i gave up because i do not need skype and also the skype messenger doesnt let you use Wav files to send to other contacts in my list this sucks.
when are they going to add that option to the Skype messenger?   how come i can not login and use my older verison of WLM?

RE: please let me log into Messenger by Menthix on 06-10-2013 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scripttron75
how come i can not login and use my older verison of WLM?
Windows Live Messenger is being replaced with Skype. Microsoft is no longer developing Windows Live Messenger and wants everyone to switch to Skype. This is why they are making it hard for people to continue using WLM.
You can try Messenger Reviver 2, but there is no guarantee it will work or continue to work.
RE: please let me log into Messenger by scripttron75 on 06-10-2013 at 05:38 PM

is there an alternative Instant messenger program to providing the function of sending custom sounds to other contacts.

RE: please let me log into Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-11-2013 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scripttron75
is there an alternative Instant messenger program to providing the function of sending custom sounds to other contacts.
The Messenger Plus! addon for Windows Live Messenger was the only thing which could send, receive and play automatically custom sounds to contacts, as far as I know.
RE: please let me log into Messenger by Arcticwolfx on 06-16-2013 at 12:22 PM

What exactly are you looking for?

Almost any Instant Messenger will allow you to send a file, whether it be a .wav file or (almost) any other format. They would have to accept the file and play it in any media player.

Note that in order to Receive and Play .wav files inside the messenger program, your contacts would have to have the same messenger extension.

If by by any means you manage to send a .wav file through addons or extensions at this point, chances are your contacts won't even able to hear it.

No other messenger I know of supports sending custom .wav files the way Messenger Plus! has. Certain mobile messenging apps can send voice clips and Skype has a Voice mail service to receive voice and video clips you can set up.

https://support.skype.com/en/category/VOICEMAIL/

In other words, bugging your friends with an arsenal of custom sounds isn't possible the way it used to be!

Edit: Speaking of the devil!

Skype Video Messaging is now available.

RE: please let me log into Messenger by scripttron75 on 09-12-2013 at 11:46 PM

Will this feature be added to skype, i and my contacts like to share sound wav files inside the IM program.