Shoutbox

Messenger Plus ... Instant Messenger ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus ... Instant Messenger ? (/showthread.php?tid=100240)

Messenger Plus ... Instant Messenger ? by Italian Lezbian on 07-13-2013 at 07:21 PM

Hi everyone :)

I was just wondering if there was any ideas or plans from the staff ... about making a messenger.

By that I mean, Messenger Plus would have it's own messenger
( since Skype doesn't seem to want to let Messenger Plus customize it a lot ... like we could with MSN )

I think it would be awesome if Messenger Plus had it's own messenger
( like skype , msn , etc )  it would give them a second life , rather than be stuck waiting that Skype allows them to fully customize their messenger.

RE: Messenger Plus ... Instant Messenger ? by Nelliel on 08-17-2013 at 11:50 PM

+1

I think they should as well. PLeaaaase Messenger Plus! Ever since WLM ceased to exist, and Skype became the messenger we have to use, I've been searching for something else.

All the added features people want are with Messenger Plus, there are a lot of people willing to script plugins and help, I'm sure. And a lot of people probably have ideas that they'd let you feed off of to make the best instant messenger possible. It would just be perfect. Especially since Skype wont let you fully customize it.

If it really is possible, making an instant messenger would be the best!

RE: Messenger Plus ... Instant Messenger ? by MeEtc on 08-18-2013 at 01:24 AM

There are many problems with making a messaging client from scratch. First and biggest are the costs. Make the client program, add in all the features, make server infrastructure, all of this requires money, a lot more than just advertising revenue. Second, is how many people would it actually benefit? IM clients aren't exactly popular anymore. A lot of cost, and not many users, this would end up a huge waste of time.