Shoutbox

funny translation, where are you? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: funny translation, where are you? (/showthread.php?tid=10116)

funny translation, where are you? by Patchou on 05-09-2003 at 05:20 PM

Hello guys,

I just checked Weed MSN and I like the idea (and the fact that we can see a Plus! menu in the screnshot hehe ;)). That made me remember about this: I wanted to ask you to make a "cool" version of the english translation. I'm sure that some of you could do somethign great and, of course, I would include it in the public release.

Can you tell me if you're interested and what you think of the idea?

Patchou

RE: funny translation, where are you? by jpg050 on 05-09-2003 at 05:31 PM

Msg Pluz! R0X3rZ thy boXerz dude !

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Copyright on 05-09-2003 at 05:34 PM

Hehe, cool idea! I like it!

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Choli on 05-09-2003 at 05:54 PM

Great! And also there could be "cool" versions of the rest of languages.

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Patchou on 05-09-2003 at 10:10 PM

na, just english, else, there will be way too much maintenance to do :). So, any volunteer?

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Fraisie on 05-09-2003 at 10:11 PM

Y0 m4n 1'D lUv t0 h3lP ! :P just kidding :P

RE: funny translation, where are you? by bach_m on 05-09-2003 at 10:19 PM

i already made a version of my own, with some funny things (thanx for making it easy to do, Patchou), but it has some(*cough*alot*cough*) swearing,and i sorta got bored, and didn't finnish it. :lol: i may get back to it, but i'm swarmed with skool right now, but if noone else voulenteer, i might have some time next week.

P.S. what do u meen by cool?

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Patchou on 05-10-2003 at 04:36 AM

well, I dont know.... anything nice and funny... a translation for all the teenagers using the software in need for a software at their level :p. Of course, no swearing, I'm sure you can find great alternatives :)

RE: funny translation, where are you? by si3rra on 05-10-2003 at 10:23 AM

a happy mode like winamp3?

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Fraisie on 05-10-2003 at 04:07 PM

More like a teen would type I guess... right ? with funny expressions and weird way of typing the words.

RE: funny translation, where are you? by dom. on 05-10-2003 at 05:04 PM

* dom. volunteers! Im 13.. :D

RE: funny translation, where are you? by bach_m on 05-10-2003 at 07:45 PM

YAY!!! i dont have to do it, although i AM closer to a teen than you. i'm right in the middle, at 16!

RE: funny translation, where are you? by dom. on 05-10-2003 at 07:54 PM

lol, ;)

RE: funny translation, where are you? by si3rra on 05-10-2003 at 08:40 PM

hmm why dont all of us in the forum does it?? like everyone takes a part.. and posts it.. then patchou can cut and paste?? ... like..
and.. should it sound like this?

[Launcher]
MinReq=whhooppss... Sorry dude but you need at least Messenger 4.6 (minimum) installed on ya box for running this C00l add-on properly.

or?? ...

//si3rra

RE: funny translation, where are you? by dom. on 05-10-2003 at 08:50 PM

I think you have a file which you have to change.

or

Naa, ya gots to change sumfin (H)

RE: funny translation, where are you? by WDZ on 05-10-2003 at 09:01 PM

If you want multiple translators contributing to it, my translate.php would probably work really good... :-/

* WDZ considers working on it... :-/

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Guido on 05-10-2003 at 09:14 PM

Go wdz, go! (Y)

RE: funny translation, where are you? by si3rra on 05-10-2003 at 09:40 PM

raddie.. file.. who i have to change?? ..*w00t?*
wdz.. keeep.. working. :)

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Fraisie on 05-11-2003 at 04:12 PM

Go DZ GO !

RE: funny translation, where are you? by musicalmidget on 05-11-2003 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by si3rra
hmm why dont all of us in the forum does it?? like everyone takes a part.. and posts it.. then patchou can cut and paste?? ... like..
and.. should it sound like this?

[Launcher]
MinReq=whhooppss... Sorry dude but you need at least Messenger 4.6 (minimum) installed on ya box for running this C00l add-on properly.

or?? ...

//si3rra

* musicalmidget agrees with si3rra totally!!

* musicalmidget would gladly take part in this.  I think this should involve as many forum members as possible...or just me. :p
RE: funny translation, where are you? by WDZ on 05-11-2003 at 10:08 PM

Don't expect me to get this translation script working... I'm stuck on figuring out how to implement some advanced stuff, and I don't have much time with school and everything... :blah!:

RE: funny translation, where are you? by lizard.boy on 05-11-2003 at 10:18 PM

does anybody have a translationguidelines.doc file cause i cant download the one from msgplus.net

RE: funny translation, where are you? by bach_m on 05-11-2003 at 10:28 PM

i believe you are looking for this, Lzard Boy: http://msgplus.net/index.php?view=tutorial&tut=newlang

RE: funny translation, where are you? by lizard.boy on 05-11-2003 at 10:45 PM

ya thats what i want and i've tried to download it from that link but i get a error:
Internet explore cannot downloadfrom the internte site ...slationGuillines.doc from msgplus.net. the downloaded file is not available. this could be due to your securoity settings or because the server was unable to retreive the requested file
i doubt it thats it my comp setting

RE: funny translation, where are you? by bach_m on 05-11-2003 at 10:51 PM

here you go, Lizard.boy:

RE: funny translation, where are you? by lizard.boy on 05-11-2003 at 10:53 PM

thank you so much :bow:

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Patchou on 05-16-2003 at 07:01 PM

So Stimpy (or anyone else), are you going to do it? the new version of Plus! will be out in less than a month so if you want to do this translation, you'd better start now :)

RE: RE: funny translation, where are you? by Pure_BY on 06-03-2003 at 12:00 PM

Idea is very good!!!

But...

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Of course, no swearing
that puts a red cross on my ideas of "shady translation" :cry:
L&H Messenger Plus by LnH Webmaster on 06-03-2003 at 02:57 PM

Dear, Patchou,

As developer of L&H Messenger, I think that it is quite a good idea. The only thing we need is the source file. I will make a version ASAP.

For any comments, or idea's, you can go to http://www.asbak.be/msn/

Greetings.

RE: funny translation, where are you? by s7a5 on 06-03-2003 at 03:00 PM

* LnH Wbmaster just took a red pill
:D

RE: L&H Messenger Plus by Guido on 06-03-2003 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LnH Webmaster
The only thing we need is the source file.
you can see the default source file in your messenger plus!\resources folder
RE: funny translation, where are you? by musicalmidget on 06-03-2003 at 10:32 PM

* musicalmidget would love to do a cool translation, but with so many exams over the next two weeks I don't think I can. :'(

RE: funny translation, where are you? by vipra on 06-14-2003 at 08:00 PM

Haaaaawdiehoow, lol

I'v been making a funny translation from dutch to (brugs) flanders, that"s a northern belgian dialect. The country with the great people  and nice chocolat. But now its the chocolate people lol.

No it"s really funny, but it isn't done yet. I haven't figured out how to change the .gif when you have to sign in.
Those guys who keep turning until you logg in. I have no idea what its called. But could you help me out? I just finished my exams, so I have a day or three to mess with msn.

Thx

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Pipish on 06-14-2003 at 11:54 PM

ild like do help man but i aint a teen awwwww :(

RE: RE: funny translation, where are you? by bach_m on 06-15-2003 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vipra
I haven't figured out how to change the .gif when you have to sign in.
Those guys who keep turning until you logg in. I have no idea what its called. But could you help me out?

that isn't translation, thats hacking the exe.  check out mess.be for the  tutorial on how to do it.
RE: funny translation, where are you? by holzer on 06-19-2003 at 01:56 PM

umm im the 'original' l&h developer.. lol. and i started making a msgplus langfile few weeks ago, after seeing this thread, but forgot to post about it. i upped it to my space, but some stuff came in between, anywayz you can check it here: http://users.telenet.be/holzer/lnhmsn/bin/devstuff/Lang_LnH.txt its supposed to become a plus translation for l&h users, with matching status names, etc.. so its probably not very suitable for an official translation.. but i guess it would be no biggie to make a version where all that stuff is left out or edited otherwise, as it seems that after a few weeks still noone has volunteered to do it here ;) so all ur suggestions are welcome for 'l&h' plus as well as 'cool' plus.. mind that the file is a bit outdated, so its for an older plus and lnh version, but its only to give u an impression of the possibilities and progress anywayz.. the plan is to have the lang file ready when v6 compatible plus is released, so if maybe patchou could include me in the list of ppl that receive a preview version *wink* *wink*..

so then.. lets hear your ideas ;)

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Guido on 06-19-2003 at 11:25 PM

Nice work holzer!

Btw, the new 2.5 version of Plus will include many new language tags, so many things will have to be changed/added.

RE: funny translation, where are you? by Patchou on 06-21-2003 at 03:09 AM

yeah but I'll post something about it when the time comes.

As for the translation, I really hope one of you will take the time to do it.. I'm the first one bored by the things I write myself :p.

RE: funny translation, where are you? by scopioz on 06-23-2003 at 02:07 PM

patchou ill translate all in french for you when 2.5 will come

RE: funny translation, where are you? by user13774 on 06-23-2003 at 02:14 PM

As I also said in another post, i can do the dutch translation (but this holiday i'm going to Spain so maybe i'm away at the time of the beta release, so i can't do it (h):(). ;)

RE: RE: funny translation, where are you? by Bitter Lemon on 06-30-2003 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vipra
Haaaaawdiehoow, lol

I'v been making a funny translation from dutch to (brugs) flanders, that"s a northern belgian dialect. The country with the great people  and nice chocolat. But now its the chocolate people lol.

No it"s really funny, but it isn't done yet. I haven't figured out how to change the .gif when you have to sign in.
Those guys who keep turning until you logg in. I have no idea what its called. But could you help me out? I just finished my exams, so I have a day or three to mess with msn.

Thx

Yeah Yeah, could be cool :banana:
let's go in our cool dialect :D (I'm also from West-Vlaanderen ;))