Shoutbox

Trillian, pfff.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Trillian, pfff.... (/showthread.php?tid=10131)

Trillian, pfff.... by Patchou on 05-09-2003 at 10:34 PM

I just take this space to say that Trillian just disapointed me a little. On main page you can read "8 Million downloads can't be wrong!".... doesn't it ring a bell to you? if not, checkout Messenger Plus! main introduction presentation at msgplus.net.

Well, that's all I wanted to say,
Patchou

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Krenom on 05-09-2003 at 10:38 PM

hmm, yuss!
:-P

btw, u read my suggestion for the /sbrb sound?? ;-)

*tries to get it noticed a bit! ;-)*

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Choli on 05-09-2003 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
"8 Million downloads can't be wrong!"

:lol:
Trillian is older than :plus2:, but i hope & think that from now in some time Plus! would have been donwloaded by more than 8000000 people. :refuck:
RE: Trillian, pfff.... by WDZ on 05-10-2003 at 12:31 AM

Blah... the "bandwagon" method is a popular way to advertise... make people think everyone else wants something, so they should want it too. I kinda doubt the slogan was ripped off, but you never know... :dodgy:

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Patchou on 05-10-2003 at 02:22 AM

yeah, well...
and about Trillian being older, I dont know... Plus! will celebrate its second birthday in 5 days.

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by BooGhost on 05-10-2003 at 03:16 AM

About what Choli said... (I think it's all around the world)... but at least here in Peru MsgPlus2 it's been a big BIG BOOM, you know, 1/3 of my contact list have it, and each day I see someone else with the coloured nicks thanks to the MsgPlus2... But in the times of the :plus: I think I knew only 2 more people with it..

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Hova on 05-10-2003 at 04:11 AM

Cerulean Studios was founded in May of 1998 by Kevin Kurtz and Scott Werndorfer. The first version of Trillian was released on July 1, 2000.

RE: RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Choli on 05-10-2003 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
yeah, well...
and about Trillian being older, I dont know... Plus! will celebrate its second birthday in 5 days.

Well, I meant Plus! 2.
quote:
Originally posted at www.msgplus.net
Messenger Plus!TM 2001-2003 by Patchou

quote:
Originally posted by Hova
Cerulean Studios was founded in May of 1998 by Kevin Kurtz and Scott Werndorfer. The first version of Trillian was released on July 1, 2000

So, Trillian is older, isn't it?
RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Krenom on 05-10-2003 at 12:14 PM

yuss...

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Fraisie on 05-10-2003 at 04:04 PM

Older yes... I don't like using Trillian. I think it is too complicated for basic users. I think that's why MP2 is so popular: it is still very easy to use.

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by Hova on 05-10-2003 at 06:50 PM

Actually trillian and plus shar emany of the same features. The one huge draw is that you can connect to different IMs at once. But if oyu only use MSN, there is no point in using it when MSN plus does basically the same thing. I really like the fack that you can edit peoples names on it, to anything you want. It is easy to use, and also after a while, you can figure out all its features.

RE: Trillian, pfff.... by BooGhost on 05-11-2003 at 01:04 AM

BUT..... We all agree :plus2: :pound: on trillian