Shoutbox

Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news (/showthread.php?tid=12027)

Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Patchou on 06-30-2003 at 04:03 AM

Hello!

it's been a long time I've not posted a real news article. I've been quoted on some web sites so people have started to think that I was not taking care of my users anymore. If you are one of these people, I suggest you to send an email to C2Media (the sponsor company) and ask them how much I've bothered them in the past month about their lightening their advertisement package :). Anyway, you won't have to take my word for it, the next beta will be distributed with the new sponsor package so you'll see by yourself: no more network problems, no more adult links (I've always claimed Messenger Plus! to be a family software, I've not change my mind), ... I guess I won’t be quoted for that but I don’t really care, I just hope you’ll enjoy the new version.

Speaking of which, here are some information about the forthcoming Messenger Plus! 2.20. First, I know I talked about a 2.50 version in the past weeks but MSN Messenger 6 becoming incredibly popular, I have to release the new version as soon as possible so I’ve sacrificed some of the planned features. This doesn’t mean however that you won’t see anything new. Here is a list of what you can expect for sure:

• Full Messenger 6 compatibility. I admit I’m kinda proud of that because not much add-ons of this kind can say the same thing. Messenger Plus! has been on the add-on scene for a long time and it will continue to serve you as long as you want it on your computer :).
  • The preferences have been reorganized with some new options. That way, old users will find refreshing things in this new release. For example, you can associate groups to signin/signout sound events.
  • Several tags have been added like a multi-format tag to display struck-out text. You’ll also find new commands such as /all (sends a message to all your opened conversation windows).
  • A lot of you were requesting this one: the new Custom Name feature lets you set your own names for your contacts. Customized names are displayed in the contact list and the toast popup windows. This is very handy when your contacts keep changing their names :)
  • Another cool new feature: the new “name tag” option of the Personalized Status feature allows you to virtually create any status you want! The Personalised Status feature itself has been reworked a lot so that everything combined together gives you an efficient, useful and fun feature.
  • Of course, the list doesn’t end here. One other brand new feature I can almost guarantee for the next version is this one: plug-ins! I know it sounds strange for an add-on to talk about plug-ins but Messenger 6 makes developers’ life more and more miserable so I want to give to the community a chance to easily add things like commands or tags. For example, a programmer could do a tag that displays the current Media Player song or, he/she could create a new command that automatically formats the text like a rainbow. Don’t expect very advanced possibilities but it will be fun enough so that more interesting features can be added to Messenger without my help :).
So, “when are we going to enjoy all that?”... no later than July 5th (Saturday)! I’ll need your assistance to test the new features as well as Messenger 4/5/6 compatibility. The final version will be publicly available at the end of the month and I’ll probably be able to use the auto-update to notify all the users of this event :). During the beta period, every existing translation will also have to be updated.

To conclude, I’d like to say a few words about myself and the whole Messenger Plus! project. Since I’ve added an optional sponsor program in my software (how much longer will I have to insist on the “optional” word? :p), some of you forgot a simple but important fact: I’m not Microsoft, I’m not a rich&big company, I’m just one guy, one developer. As anybody, I need to earn money to live my life, that’s all; how could this be considered “greed”? In my recent stats I see that 20% of my users choose to install Messenger Plus! without the sponsor, and, you know what? I’m fine with it. If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t have made this an option in the first place. I don’t develop the program for money, new features don’t bring money, they bring satisfied users. I hope you all understand that making money with public software is extremely difficult nowadays. Think about it; what would you choose between those two situations:
  • First situation: you work all day long on a free software, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. You don’t really have holidays because you either have to give some support for your software, or you have to manage the server, fix the bugs, add new features from time to time, listen to what your users want you to do, fight to protect your ideas against jealous developers, your trademarks against corporations much bigger than yourself, your integrity against injurious articles on the net... and when, after all that, you decide to start making some money out of all this work, still by respecting your users and giving them a choice, you’re immediately being criticized and rejected.
  • Second situation: you have a job taking 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. It brings you insurances, security, good money and vacations. You don’t have to take care of anyone but your own friends&family and your nights can be used to watch TV or play good video games.
In case you wouldn’t understand what is my point, I’m absolutely not complaining, I’m just trying to say with my limited English vocabulary that the only things that keeps me going is obviously not money but the satisfaction of my users. If you like Messenger Plus!, I hope you’ll recommend the next version to a maximum of your friends (and send me a postcard too!). Also, next time, before talking about spywares and trojans, I urge you to read the definition of these two words so that you realize how unfounded your accusations are on the Messenger Plus! sponsor program (one month of bad publicity = three month to recover and that’s a shame when it’s not even justified). I’ll keep doing my best to please you, it’s now up to you to show me if there’s still a point in all this.

Thank you for reading this big message and thank you for continuing to trust me and my software,
Patchou

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Kabubi on 06-30-2003 at 04:25 AM

those r some good news Patchou, i know is a good version too, hope u earn wat u deserve and thats a lot, keep up the good work

pd. can u put ur adress here, cause i had it but i dont now where it is now, is to send u a postcard :$...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Patchou on 06-30-2003 at 04:27 AM

To send a postcard: http://www.msgplus.net/index.php?view=postcard :) Thank!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Kabubi on 06-30-2003 at 04:29 AM

ohhh thanx =) enjoy ur summer :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by BooGhost on 06-30-2003 at 04:44 AM

great less than 7 days !

quote:
Originally posted bu Patchou
I’ve sacrificed some of the planned features
but they're still coming on 2.50 right?

PD: you might get a peruvian postcard very soon ;)
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Hova on 06-30-2003 at 04:50 AM

Great news :). This time I will install the sponser.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 06-30-2003 at 05:32 AM

thanks patchou those r great news

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Tandy on 06-30-2003 at 05:35 AM

well done Patchou

i salute you [Image: salute.jpg]

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DXtremz on 06-30-2003 at 06:18 AM

It rocks Patchou ! (Y) :bow:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Chrono on 06-30-2003 at 06:26 AM

:cry: Ur words really touched me :cry:

:grin: Well done (Y)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Freeze on 06-30-2003 at 06:30 AM

cool mate, only one thing i don't understand: I am one of the beta testers [or have been?] why did I not receive a beta of this version?

Or did beta-testers had to re-apply? [in other words, did I miss some post? :p]

THANK YOU PATCHOU by Necroman on 06-30-2003 at 07:52 AM

thx for all of your hard work patchou and all of the 'little' guys behind the scenes
I really apreciate you guys doing all of this because it makes msn a hole lot more fun to work with
i also admire you for all the great things you have been able to do, I know that some of them had to be really hard to develope

so .... thx and keep up the good work :)
PS: expect a belgian postcard some day soon ;)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 06-30-2003 at 08:01 AM

Thank you SO very much for all your hard work... it has not gone unnoticed... and I do recomend msgr plus.. often.. to the point I'm sure I've annoyed the few friends I have that do not have it installed...lol ty again...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Mnjul on 06-30-2003 at 08:06 AM

Patchou!:D
:banana: I can't wait for the new version...:D
* Mnjul is glad that he's a translator:P

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by SLX on 06-30-2003 at 09:04 AM

you are teh best patchou!!!

shame i will miss it :'(
i aint back before august and i leave this afternoon :'(

anyway very good news!!! :D

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Wabz on 06-30-2003 at 09:22 AM

Well first of all I suppose i better say well done and now for the excitment Wahooooooooo

Thanks a lot Patchou it's guys like you who bring a good name to the internet just don't forget us when your coding MSN MEssenger 9 or something for Microsoft :D

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DarKnight on 06-30-2003 at 09:33 AM

"A lot of you were requesting this one: the new Custom Name feature lets you set your own names for your contacts. Customized names are displayed in the contact list and the toast popup windows. This is very handy when your contacts keep changing their names :)"

So, if I was to set someones name as, say "Pie f*cker" I would see that in my contact list, and when he/she signs in? If so that kinda defeats the purpose of MSN/Windows Messenger having the ability for you to choose whatever name you want, doesn't it?
If I'm getting the wrong idea about this feature, someone tell me, please. :(

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Swaptor on 06-30-2003 at 09:42 AM

Kewl!
This is great news, as i refused to download MSN6 while it's currently not fully supported by Plus!2.

Great news, and i hope you will not be bothered by people saying you're greedy and only want to make money over our backs.
We know this is not true, but there's always morons telling us otherwise.

Anywayz, i'm looking forward to the beta and public release of Plus!2.5 :-)

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Goblin on 06-30-2003 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarKnight
So, if I was to set someones name as, say "Pie f*cker" I would see that in my contact list, and when he/she signs in? If so that kinda defeats the purpose of MSN/Windows Messenger having the ability for you to choose whatever name you want, doesn't it?
If I'm getting the wrong idea about this feature, someone tell me, please. :(

Well, it does sort of mean that, but it also means that if you have a lot of contacts who just randomly change their name to lyrics of a song, a film quote or some trite saying that is 12 lines long, you can set your own name for them and will therefore be able to recognise who it is rather than trying to guess or work it out from their email address.

For me, this will be the killer feature of the new version as I've wanted this for a long time, even going so far as to install Trillian just to get it.

So Hurrach for Patchou and his wonderful add-on.

Presumably you won't HAVE to give someone a name, so if you like what they call themselves it will all be good.

Goblin
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DarKnight on 06-30-2003 at 09:54 AM

I just don't like the idea that someone could have me named something I don't like. :S. It feels as if the freedom to have whatever you want in your name is being taken away, you know? I'm not mad at Patchou for adding it, just kinda upset about it. Like for example: I might want to say to my whole list of 146 people "DarKnight. - { My chat room is open. } " If they have me named whatever they want they can't see that, can they?
I know there is the /all in the next version of (M)+ but you have to have all the windows of the people open to do it. I'm not going to open up over 100 windows then get responded from each one probably saying "Ok" Talk about annoying, no?

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by sock on 06-30-2003 at 10:14 AM

Well, you are not supposed to use your Display Name to talk to your contacts, and people who really want to see your real Display Name wouldn't change your name on their list, but I do see your point kinda.... Oh well. :P

Anycow........

Way to go, Patchster!! :D :clap:
That was one touching announcement....... :cry: :P

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by nus on 06-30-2003 at 10:42 AM

great news:clap::clap::clap:,
i've already send you the email,

Thank you for your work and your time

:bow:Patchou:bow:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Sypher on 06-30-2003 at 11:05 AM

Well done! I will download it Saturday when you put the link on the site.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by WaqasTariq on 06-30-2003 at 11:17 AM

Salaam (hi),

Thanks for the great news PATCHOU (Y)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by pablotossi on 06-30-2003 at 11:23 AM

;) I can't wait for the new version, Patchou...GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by beef_taco on 06-30-2003 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I admit I’m kinda proud of that because not much add-ons of this kind can say the same thing. Messenger Plus! has been on the add-on scene for a long time and it will continue to serve you as long as you want it on your computer :).

So you should be mate...i just found these forums after checking your website weekly. Ive had msgplus since msn 3.6 was out, and every update of it youve never ceased to amaze me. Well done mate and good luck. If you need someone to help test betas please ask =D. Keep safe mate and have a good holidays.

Beefy

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Bitter Lemon on 06-30-2003 at 12:41 PM

Like it's finally there!
As soon as I heard the news about the new plus! who is compatible with the 6.0, I made a real jump of happiness!

After hearing the same question 1000 times ("When will there be a plus! who is compatible with 6.0??") I can now finally anounce to everyone it will be very soon!
(I seem to be the one that knows the most of add-ons and all that sh*t here)

The only reason why I choose the 6.0 over the plus! was because I just hated the 5.0 and because of recently problems with my computer I seemed to have lots of problems with the 4.6 (which I really hated, I still keep saying 4.6 was my all time favourite).
So now I'm very happy and THANK YOU! Finally 1) those questions will stop being asked to me, 2) I'll get my Plus! again (and even better!!)

Now let's chant together: We really love you, Patchou!! (And we really, really do... :) )

All :bow: for our Master!! :p

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Dadoef on 06-30-2003 at 12:51 PM

Thx Patchou, great news. Can't way to C the new options. Keep up the good work.

Grtz

Dadoef

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by bra1nwash on 06-30-2003 at 01:18 PM

yeah finally MSN 6 will soon b compatible with MsgPlus!!![Image: beer1.gif]

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by musicalmidget on 06-30-2003 at 02:04 PM

The new features sound absolutely fantastic, I can't wait! :)

I haven't downloaded MSN Messenger 6 yet, I will do it on my other computer when the new Plus! comes out, then I will be able to test with version 6, version 5 and 4.7. :D

quote:
Thank you for reading this big message and thank you for continuing to trust me and my software,
Patchou

I will always trust you, and always use this software.  I too wish that people would check their facts before posting messages against the software, it sometimes makes the forums a dull place to be.  However, a large number of people do now know what comes in Messenger Plus! and are happy to continue using it, myself included. :)

Thanks Patchou.

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Misterjad on 06-30-2003 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
cool mate, only one thing i don't understand: I am one of the beta testers [or have been?] why did I not receive a beta of this version?

erf, i had the same pb, i have been dumped from the beta list, but on my demand, patchou reintegrated me last week....
just ask patchou, im sure he'll give you the link

PATCHOU ROXXXXXXXXXX (french phonetic translation for rocks)
tu es le meilleur ;)
[no subject] by Matthew James on 06-30-2003 at 02:29 PM

cant wait  [Image: beer1.gif] Keep up the awesome work Patchou:bow:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by bach_m on 06-30-2003 at 02:32 PM

quote:
[*]A lot of you were requesting this one: the new Custom Name feature lets you set your own names for your contacts. Customized names are displayed in the contact list and the toast popup windows. This is very handy when your contacts keep changing their names :)

is there any way to make sure my contacts can't change my name, or just change it back to mine automatically, cuz sometimes i'll just put in an announcement, or a request, like "Anyone wanna play a game on MSN6?" that i want ppl to see (an i sometimes bomb them with popups (a)). but it dos sorta get annoying with ppl changing there names to crazy things and whatnot. oh well. i hope there is an override function
It does rulez!! by Xeon on 06-30-2003 at 02:43 PM

Sorry I cant send u a postcard... I'm in another country... Singapore... u see? But hope i can say through here... I LOVE THE PROGRAM!!

Hpe u see tis, patchou...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by opdude on 06-30-2003 at 02:49 PM

??? just wondering why cant u send the postcard in the mial. you know the mail does go round the world. anywayz i will have to stay on my pc alday sat and press f5 untill i see the link just so that i can be one of the first ppl :D

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by theBangtheWordthePower on 06-30-2003 at 02:57 PM

Patchou, congratulations on the great work.  The idea of having our own name for contacts is good, but will there be any possibility of having our own name, suffixed by their actual user name.  For example, if we set someone's name as bob, and their actual user name was 'I have a Radio in My Car'...we would see "Bob - I have a Radio in My Car".  This would be helpful for those who like peoples long drawn out display names!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by riley on 06-30-2003 at 03:01 PM

*erased post*

already answered in another topic ..sorry..

but good news! :P

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by gadge on 06-30-2003 at 03:17 PM

hey im new 2 the board but still luv msgplus and patchou's work :) i am tryin 2 find out how i could be a beta tester, does any1 know?
thnx and keep up the good wrk:>

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by bach_m on 06-30-2003 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theBangtheWordthePower
Patchou, congratulations on the great work.  The idea of having our own name for contacts is good, but will there be any possibility of having our own name, suffixed by their actual user name.  For example, if we set someone's name as bob, and their actual user name was 'I have a Radio in My Car'...we would see "Bob - I have a Radio in My Car".  This would be helpful for those who like peoples long drawn out display names!!

oooooooooooh. i like that one!!!!!!!!!!!! good idea, and that way they can still see my (*)wonderful(*) announcements and questions
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by breaker on 06-30-2003 at 03:18 PM

great news, i'm really looking forward to using plus with MSN6 + the custom username feature sounds cool :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Dane on 06-30-2003 at 03:20 PM

Great Job Patchou :). As long as you keep Plus! Compat. your users will stay for you.

Keep up the great work!

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by RRuffneck on 06-30-2003 at 03:27 PM

quote:
The idea of having our own name for contacts is good, but will there be any possibility of having our own name, suffixed by their actual user name.  For example, if we set someone's name as bob, and their actual user name was 'I have a Radio in My Car'...we would see "Bob - I have a Radio in My Car".  This would be helpful for those who like peoples long drawn out display names!!

Or like:
you first see:

Bob
I have a Radio in My Car
bobitharadioinhiscar@hotmail.com

So it would like he changed his name 3 times!
Only in the Mainwindow;
In the Box&Chat window only 'Bob'
RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by RRuffneck on 06-30-2003 at 03:34 PM

quote:
One other brand new feature I can almost guarantee for the next version is this one: plug-ins!(..)Don’t expect very advanced possibilities but it will be fun enough so that more interesting features can be added to Messenger without my help .

So will there be a possibility on the site or in :plus2: itself to exchange those plug-ins? Or do we need to create our own site?

Maybe a entry on the forum: to exchange sites or plugins??

LOVE YOUR WORK PATCHOU! :clap:
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by [p2]Phantom on 06-30-2003 at 03:37 PM

very good news :D, cant wait i have heard alot of good things about the new msn plus hope it all goes well !!!! i regulary check the site :) ;)

RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by musicalmidget on 06-30-2003 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xeon
Sorry I cant send u a postcard... I'm in another country... Singapore... u see? But hope i can say through here... I LOVE THE PROGRAM!!

Hpe u see tis, patchou...

That's the idea of a postcard, it's for you to send it from any country.  You living in Singapore doesn't stop you sending a postcard.

quote:
Originally posted by gadge
hey im new 2 the board but still luv msgplus and patchou's work :) i am tryin 2 find out how i could be a beta tester, does any1 know?
thnx and keep up the good wrk:>

Sorry, you cannot be a beta tester.  As I understand it, Patchou selects his beta testers personally.  Out of interest by the way...what relevance does your attachment have to your post? :P

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
quote:

oooooooooooh. i like that one!!!!!!!!!!!! good idea, and that way they can still see my (*)wonderful(*) announcements and questions

Hehe, yes I also like this idea.  It could be useful to some people.  Maybe in a future version this idea could be added as an option.  For example you can either set a name for a contact (or a group of contacts) or set a suffix for them instead. :)
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 06-30-2003 at 03:49 PM

Patchou I emailed you about translation (although I don't think I can help)

and why are you're 'stories' always so damned good? :gfdrin:

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by EvilSeph on 06-30-2003 at 04:03 PM

quote:

There was no post which asked for beta testers, Patchou hand picked them himself.

The old testers list was trashed due to the beta being leaked and now there is a new smaller list, which, as i stated before, was hand picked by Patchou. It conists of his most TRUSTED and LOYAL supporters.
RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by EvilSeph on 06-30-2003 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Misterjad
quote:

erf, i had the same pb, i have been dumped from the beta list, but on my demand, patchou reintegrated me last week....
just ask patchou, im sure he'll give you the link

PATCHOU ROXXXXXXXXXX (french phonetic translation for rocks)
tu es le meilleur ;)

Considering there is only 1 week left, i doubt it.

Please consider the consequences before posting something like this :S it may result in Patchou getting flooded by requests
RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Wabz on 06-30-2003 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
quote:

There was no post which asked for beta testers, Patchou hand picked them himself.

The old testers list was trashed due to the beta being leaked and now there is a new smaller list, which, as i stated before, was hand picked by Patchou. It conists of his most TRUSTED and LOYAL supporters.

LOYAL hmm Trusted
* Wabz thinks thats him

why doesnt wabz have the beta :cry:
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by lylesback2 on 06-30-2003 at 04:30 PM

finally, it's coming! lol

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by cool_myll on 06-30-2003 at 04:47 PM

When will you reply for the transations?

RE: RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 06-30-2003 at 04:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wabz
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
quote:

LOYAL hmm Trusted
* wabz thinks thats him

why doesnt wabz have the beta :cry:

Because Patchou has enough ppl already :tongue: believe me, I'm loyal to him asswell, but It's better to keep it a small group

:bow: Patchou :bow:
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by charlie_su1986 on 06-30-2003 at 05:04 PM

wow, "Full Messenger 6 compatibility" and whole bunch of new features
That sounds really exciting. :D

YOU ARE THE MAN, Patchou ;)
I will ALWAYS trust ur program ;)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user17033 on 06-30-2003 at 05:09 PM

that are really good news...
keep up the good work - i really appreciate it!

best regards,
misterb

edit » [question removed] sock already helped me out - thank you :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by lord of caos| on 06-30-2003 at 05:09 PM

hi, well, you surely dont know me coz is my first time here..

well, i wanted to thank you for you work, msn plus! is great, in fact i dont have msn 6 because it cant have plus, and i will not have it untill its compatible..
msn plus is a great tool and i just love it, and i wantted to ofefer my self to translate to spanish.. i belive you have people to do it but if not, im there..

thats what i wanted to say..

again thank you very much.. and if it worth it, i dont care what people have been saying about msn plus! i use it and its great.. thanks agian and gool luck

my e mail is in this acount you can check it and send me a mail if you need it..

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 06-30-2003 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lord of caos|

well, i wanted to thank you for you work, msn plus! is great, in fact i dont have msn 6 because it cant have plus, and i will not have it untill its compatible..
msn plus is a great tool and i just love it, and i wantted to ofefer my self to translate to spanish.. i belive you have people to do it but if not, im there..

again thank you very much.. and if it worth it, i dont care what people have been saying about msn plus! i use it and its great.. thanks agian and gool luck

my e mail is in this acount you can check it and send me a mail if you need it..

he won't... you better email him :happy: he has no time to read all the threads and stuff..

Email Patchou about translation only!
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Choli on 06-30-2003 at 05:38 PM

Great news! The plug-ins feature sounds very interesting.... :gfdrin:

* Choli is going to send the email....

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Patchou on 06-30-2003 at 05:39 PM

What a great way to start the day... thank you for all yoru answers. Apparently the Custom Name feature seems to frighten some people but the fact is that you can't force your contacts to see whatever you want in their contact list. However, as there is a point to changing its own name, your real name is displayed while you chat, the custom name is just displayed in the contact list.

As for translations, you'll be notified when everything is ready to be translated, which will probably be after the public beta release.

Gotta fix some bugs now... last note: if you haven't been an internal beta tester for this version it's probably because you didn't asked :).

Patchou

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by bach_m on 06-30-2003 at 05:41 PM

when were we supposed to ask? i'llbe a beta tester for future versions, if you need them. send me a PM if u really care

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by lord of caos| on 06-30-2003 at 06:04 PM

quote:
What a great way to start the day... thank you for all yoru answers. Apparently the Custom Name feature seems to frighten some people but the fact is that you can't force your contacts to see whatever you want in their contact list. However, as there is a point to changing its own name, your real name is displayed while you chat, the custom name is just displayed in the contact list.

As for translations, you'll be notified when everything is ready to be translated, which will probably be after the public beta release.

Gotta fix some bugs now... last note: if you haven't been an internal beta tester for this version it's probably because you didn't asked :).

Patchou

well im asking :D can i be beta tester??
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DJWard on 06-30-2003 at 06:18 PM

Does anybody have a screenshot of the new messenger plus? I heard on www.mess.be that there is one in circulation around the net, but ive not seen it.

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by sock on 06-30-2003 at 06:35 PM

quote:
The idea of having our own name for contacts is good, but will there be any possibility of having our own name, suffixed by their actual Display Name.  For example, if we set someone's name as "Bob", and their actual Display Name was "I have a Radio in My Car", we would see "Bob - I have a Radio in My Car".

I liked!:) This idea is officially supported by sock the Elite Member. :p

And it would even be better if the part of the name you chose was highlighted in some way..... like this:

Bob - I have a Radio in My Car

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by billywoods1 on 06-30-2003 at 06:36 PM

Screenshot?

It's not even finished and you want a screenshot?!

Oh well, anyway, putting people like him to one side for twenty seconds or so...

Congratulations Patchou, we knew you could do it, we haven't lost trust... and thanks. :gfdrin:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by breaker on 06-30-2003 at 06:42 PM

i'm sure there was a ss on these forums sumwhere.... maybe i'm mistaken

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by dazedandconfused73 on 06-30-2003 at 07:06 PM

right on this is awesome news you the man patchou look forward to great things from u always

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 06-30-2003 at 07:11 PM

why do you want a screenie? :shocked:

and Pathcou, I never asked because I run xp, and you said you fixed enough bugs for it already.. if you're really serious and need someone, you can contact me via pm or [email=<REMOVED>]email me[/email]

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Nehemoth on 06-30-2003 at 07:26 PM

Awesome..

This Is really Greatttttttttt.

Thanx for your hard work Patchou...

I will send you a postcard...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Johnnyb75 on 06-30-2003 at 07:30 PM

when will it be out?

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by lord of caos| on 06-30-2003 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnnyb75
when will it be out?

if you read, youll find out that is july 5
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Bitter Lemon on 06-30-2003 at 07:40 PM

Some are so amazing dumb..
Now I see why there still are some analphabets left here... [Image: plzdie.gif]

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by WH Shadow on 06-30-2003 at 07:41 PM

COOL MSN PLUS 2.20!! (Y)

YEAH COOL :banana: YEAH YEAH !!!

:many:

HAAAAAAAA.  U ARE THE BEST.

GO PATCHOU    (Y)  COOL:banana:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by jazmon on 06-30-2003 at 07:41 PM

great job...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by breaker on 06-30-2003 at 07:45 PM

:many: << There all crowding around wating for release :) i'm with em :)

RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp;amp; news by Johnnyb75 on 06-30-2003 at 07:46 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnnyb75
when will it be out?

if you read, youll find out that is july 5

cool thanks for the info
RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by lord of caos| on 06-30-2003 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bitter Lemon
Some are so amazing dumb..
Now I see why there still are some analphabets left here... [Image: plzdie.gif]

ajajajajaja i hate that kind of people.. "why bothering doing something my self if others can do it for me??", shit.... i am an administrator of a online game about 600 people and is amazing how dumb people can be,... i get every day like 30 people asking me stuff..and is allways the same people.-.
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by MorPh on 06-30-2003 at 08:04 PM

Great news!! :D
I will also install the sponsor this time...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Missyhmakr on 06-30-2003 at 08:28 PM

Will everyone be able to download the beta version or just the beta testers?

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by breaker on 06-30-2003 at 08:40 PM

will be everyone, it is a public beta.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Missyhmakr on 06-30-2003 at 08:47 PM

Thanks! :D

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by jonnyk13 on 06-30-2003 at 09:02 PM

i was a huge fan of MSN plus, so got annoyed when it didnt work with Messenger v6! the other thing is, will a custom colors option b available? coz i used 2 use my own colour (#ffaa66) by editing the registry but since msn 6 publicly came out, the registry change made no difference, and other colour changing programs just dont work! i know u used 2 b able 2 select ur own color by pressing ctrl+k, but u'd av 2 do tht every time - so is there a way 2 get it set on one color permanently? i am talkin bout colors outside the usual 16-color pallette msn provides...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by Mooquackwooftweetmeow on 06-30-2003 at 09:14 PM

quote:
[*]A lot of you were requesting this one: the new Custom Name feature lets you set your own names for your contacts. Customized names are displayed in the contact list and the toast popup windows. This is very handy when your contacts keep changing their names :)

How about simply replacing the email address popup with your own name, preserving the other person's preferred name, but letting you see who they are easily?

Just a thought - Keep up the good work!
RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by sock on 06-30-2003 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jonnyk13
...coz i used 2 use my own colour (#ffaa66) by editing the registry....

Have you tried doodle's Color Changer? It works great for me.... You have to highlight that random number in the list before you change the color.
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by jonnyk13 on 06-30-2003 at 09:15 PM

no - where can i get it? does it work with the public release of v6?

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by jonnyk13 on 06-30-2003 at 09:20 PM

ah sorry. didnt realise it was a link. my apologies! :-$
anyway, top stuff! works fantastic chears. (Y)

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp;amp; news by RRuffneck on 06-30-2003 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mooquackwooftweetmeow(..)new Custom Name
How about simply replacing the email address popup with your own name, preserving the other person's preferred name, but letting you see who they are easily?(..)

Ya, I agree; only then the other way around....

But I like Patchou's solution.

(Y) FOR PATCHOU!

PS. Patchou: if you announce the release Time, maybe it will lower server-load prior to that time. (just a thought)
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by [p2]Phantom on 06-30-2003 at 11:02 PM

yippie :D

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by liquidac on 07-01-2003 at 12:03 AM

Salut patchou, premierement je suis tres etonné d'apprendre que tu viens de Longueuil, et du meme coup très heureux de savoir que cet EXCELENT programme est québécois. De plus le fait de savoir que tu parles en francais m'encouragera grandement a participer au programme beta. Merci pour cet indispensable programme!

Felicitation!
Jean-Francois
Sherbrooke qc canada

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by bach_m on 07-01-2003 at 12:03 AM

English ONLY please

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by liquidac on 07-01-2003 at 12:05 AM

But if patchou is from quebec, he certainly can speak french

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by kittyangel on 07-01-2003 at 12:10 AM

This is really a good news, Patchou!  I am still using msn messenger 5.0 right now.  I can test out :plus2: for you! :cheesy:
Good job, patchou!  :plus2: rocks!:banana:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by s7a5 on 07-01-2003 at 12:12 AM

i knew it :p   thanks for the great software  :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by NiCoS on 07-01-2003 at 12:24 AM

Hello,

It's great to know the release will be soon. It's a relief if anyone downloaded MSM 6.0, because msn plus! makes messenger the more fun and enjoyable to use. To bad my girlfriend will be leaving before it comes out, like the 4th. :( She'll be at school far away from computer land........Alas! Now, I can't use the kissing sound affect :P

Anyways, I'm glad that Patchou is a person who cares about the people who uses his program; if it wasn't so, he would not take the time to answer our questions or consider our messenger needs. All what he has built for msn plus!, I see, was not for his personal needs only but that we also could find messenger more enjoyable.

I am not a programer of any sort, but I use many programs and many programmers ignore the people who use their programs. Here, I see that this programmer cares to the extent that he'll make sure that everyone knows that his program is ligit.

Really, he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone, but in my opinion, he wants everyone to know that plus! is an awsome experience. Like he said, it is freeware and people are free to download it and free not too.

Anyways, I'm ready for the release. Heh, I am excited, and I can't imagine what is in store in this new plus! Take care all and God bless!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by NiCoS on 07-01-2003 at 12:29 AM

Oh yeah, Sock,

The doodler did not doodle any new colors. :S I have MSN 6, the public release from msn, so it there another alter coloring tool for the upgraded messenger? If so, can you direct me? Thanks!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by korn698 on 07-01-2003 at 12:50 AM

Dude I couldent Be Arsed Reading 5/6 Pages Of Stuff Plus Am Stoned Right now so... FFS Please Tell me there is gonig be a Fucknig Msn Ad Remover u know the shit i meen gayhome.com>sick of this ad Etc... please tell me there's one of thoses in there ? (love your msn 5 1 btw (K)(K)(K) AM A Dude am hopin your a chcik!?
And an verry stoned!!!!

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp;amp; news by Guido on 07-01-2003 at 01:23 AM

I would like if all of you who see in a site or forum some lie about Patchou including spyware, trojands and so on in Plus please posted a link (or quote) of the first post of this thread, as it excellently summarizes all the points that those people (like the ones at spywareinfo.com) seem to "magically" forget. Specially the fact that the sponsor WAS, and IS optional.

quote:
Originally posted by Mooquackwooftweetmeow
How about simply replacing the email address popup with your own name, preserving the other person's preferred name, but letting you see who they are easily?
I don't know if i got you well, but if you mean what i think, that's the way Plus changes the custom names, youll only see the custom name in the popups and the clist, but his contact will keep his current nick and youll see it during chatting. Sorry if that wasn't what you meant :P

quote:
Originally posted by DJWard
Does anybody have a screenshot of the new messenger plus? I heard on www.mess.be that there is one in circulation around the net, but ive not seen it.
Hmmm Patchou posted a screenshot some weeks ago of Plus working with MSN6, but it was just the same as the current messenger plus. The preview version will have some new and updated graphics for the GUI, but nothing has been dramatically changed -- apart from the features, of course :P.

quote:
Originally posted by korn698
Dude I couldent Be Arsed Reading 5/6 Pages Of Stuff Plus Am Stoned Right now so... FFS Please Tell me there is gonig be a Fucknig Msn Ad Remover u know the shit i meen gayhome.com>sick of this ad Etc... please tell me there's one of thoses in there ? (love your msn 5 1 btw (K)(K)(K) AM A Dude am hopin your a chcik!?
And an verry stoned!!!!
Would you care to type that again, in english? :gfdrin: -- [btw, yes, plus 2.2 will remove the ad from msn6 -- and if you are talking about the sponsor, its optional -- just read one of the many threads about this in the forums]

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
quote:

he won't... you better email him :happy: he has no time to read all the threads and stuff..

Email Patchou about translation only!

I think there are enough spanish translators :-/, but try (Y).

quote:
Originally posted by Xeon
:huh:? Postal service? :tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by DarKnight
I just don't like the idea that someone could have me named something I don't like. :S. It feels as if the freedom to have whatever you want in your name is being taken away, you know?(....etc....)
Please read this thread

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=11976

We discussed that there, and there are some more details about the contact rename feature.
RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by bach_m on 07-01-2003 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by liquidac
But if patchou is from quebec, he certainly can speak french

but not everyone can. it is one of the forum rules, and it must be followed
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DarKnight on 07-01-2003 at 02:05 AM

I believe the custom name thing is going to be gay. I'm not bashing Patchou or anything, just, well.. As said before the fact that someone can just give me any name they want takes away the whole concept of MSN adding the ability to have your own name. Also, say I wanted the name Vincent from FF7, and I have a Vincent avatar set in MSN 6.0, and a cool FF7 background. Now the people who have me named different will see the name they set with a Vincent avatar, taking the whole damn idea of personalized names, and avatars, away. Plus, if you hate people changing their names a lot and can't figure out who they are then why the F*CK do you have them added? If you don't know the e-mail you must not talk a lot? Or you just added them to be cool like "o budy i hav 150 ppl on messenger i r leetr den u r lol :P "

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by chiquita on 07-01-2003 at 02:12 AM

i agree with you totally!!! i think that the new custom name is going to be gay. and as stated

quote:
if you hate people changing their names a lot and can't figure out who they are then why the F*CK do you have them added? If you don't know the e-mail you must not talk a lot? Or you just added them to be cool like "o budy i hav 150 ppl on messenger i r leetr den u r lol :P "
i think people should remember who the hell is on your buddy list.
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Guido on 07-01-2003 at 02:13 AM

please follow that topic here:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=11976

---And no it doesn't eliminate the purpose, because youll see the nick in the convos.

The contact list isn't a billboard, it's a window for the user to know which friends are online or not, not which Eminem's songs are online... :banana:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Lady of Dreams on 07-01-2003 at 02:18 AM

Okay. I've got nothing against Patchou, infact I think he's probably a decent person. I just don't like the custom name thing. And another thing; why is it that when a lot of people thought that he wasn't working on (M) Plus! for 6.0, they were all like.. "omg patchou u let me down i want plus 4 6.0!!" YET, once they find out he's getting ready to release it.. "o i luv u man *bows to patchou* Fickle, I say. Either like him for who he is, or SHUT THE H3LL UP.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DarKnight on 07-01-2003 at 02:19 AM

Omfg. "Billboards" Lmfao. They're there to see the people online, too see the names of your friends, not the names you give for them. If MSN wanted to add that feature they would, but they don't because they know people want their PERSONALIZED name whatever it may be seen. Who cares if it's a song? If you don't like that then don't have them added? I remember over 150 e-mails it isn't hard because I talk to them in places. I don't add just anyone who says, "Hi, add me so we can talk later" and then they never do.

RE: RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp;amp; news by Guido on 07-01-2003 at 02:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkNight
if you hate people changing their names a lot and can't figure out who they are then why the F*CK do you have them added?

Because i want to talk to them? Whether they have a short name or a long name i probably need to talk to them, and i don't want to check the tooltips of each contact to see who i will talking to trying to remember the e-mails..

Mods - please split these and move all these posts to the Rename contacts thread

and

update this announcement:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/announcements.php?fid=12
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Ice Queen on 07-01-2003 at 04:39 AM

:bow: amen it is here:bow: thanks patchou (K)(K)(K)(K)(K)(K)(K)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 07-01-2003 at 05:43 AM

LOL i have no idea... but that would be a good one to get an answer too.. and whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop :) Patchou is in the house!!!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Laser_iCE on 07-01-2003 at 05:44 AM

Patchou:

"Don't act like a tool."

A tool is a stupid person that no one likes :P if you act like a tool you're being stupid and you deserve to be shot :P Not really though. When someone says "Don't act like a tool" it simply means don't annoy them, don't be so stupid, etc.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 07-01-2003 at 05:45 AM

ROFL  was your food good at least? and drugs? Ack!! not around me!! (no not all goths spend all their time getting high..)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Laser_iCE on 07-01-2003 at 05:45 AM

Yes, my food was quite nice. I'm a vegetarian so no meat for me ;) They are some soy things... They don't taste that bad. I rarely eat them though...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Patchou on 07-01-2003 at 05:47 AM

thank you for this amazingly fast answer :). To continue your debate, go to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12054 :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 07-01-2003 at 05:48 AM

sounds yummers!! I'm glad you had a good dinner or lunch or whatever it was for you:)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Laser_iCE on 07-01-2003 at 05:49 AM

Lol, no problem, and thanks. I need somewhere to vent my anger ;) And if you didn't read my little praise, I'll say it quickly with no ass kissing, well done with Plus! ;) :P

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Pyroteq on 07-01-2003 at 06:03 AM

Thankyou sir Patchou ,postcard on its way...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Mono on 07-01-2003 at 06:08 AM

Wow..... Patchou did the impossible. I gotta say, I am impressed.

Patchou, un postcard va a la canada pour toi.

Pardon my french lol.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by lord of caos| on 07-01-2003 at 06:58 AM

well, firs of all, usa is not the only country, where do i go with this, in usayou meet people by internet, in chile we meet people in real life and stay in contact by msn, we are a lot more social than usa people, and i say so because i lived in usa..
so i have 150 contacts too, and i know every one of them, in fact, if i could have 300 i would, but and i would know every one of them, but must people chanche their nick for how they feel, or what they have done that day, so i have to learn every fucking mail, and they are no name and last name, sometimes is sknn83456@hotmail.com who is he?? so you chanche the display name and when you talk to him it sayis the nick he wants to show, so it womnt loose that avatar thing someone said..

well, the other one, that said about people like, o i hete you patchu because you havent work in the new msn and they say the oposit..

well, you are fucked, you are gonna find that kind of people all your life.. so take it easy...

ok c ya

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by crazihouse on 07-01-2003 at 07:01 AM

ok, maybe i might sound out of the ordinary, but id be happy to help with the french translation if needed...
im always there for msgplus! :grin:, but then again, im probably too late :'(

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by MSN on 07-01-2003 at 07:21 AM

Thanks Patchou:bow::bow::bow:

Doing a gr8 job for the :plus::plus2: community.

Let's enjoy :beer: with a dance:banana:

:clap::clap:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by baijianpeng on 07-01-2003 at 08:22 AM

Hi, Patchou,

Thank you very much!

You had do some great work to offer the world such a wonderful thing!

I like Messenger Plus ! It brought much more fun to me.

I will send you a Postcard soon.

Thank you again!

baijianpeng76@hotmail.com

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by CrueTrue on 07-01-2003 at 08:32 AM

I didn't bother to read all 12 pages, so sorry if this has already been asked: Can I still log my conversations with 2.5 (or whatever it's called :$)? Yeah, I do know MSN Messenger 6.0 has such a feature, and I do know some guy made something, so the text is formatted like MSN Plus' log-files, but I prefer to have the files in .txt format AND they're splitted into months (yeah, just call me lazy, but if I'm not mistaken, everybody in-here except for Patchou is lazy!)... Thanks in advance :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DXtremz on 07-01-2003 at 08:33 AM

Yes, and the new chat logs are a little better, it logs nick changes and stuff.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by CrueTrue on 07-01-2003 at 08:34 AM

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Sounds really great :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DXtremz on 07-01-2003 at 08:36 AM

Yes, the new Plus! is going to be wonderful!. Make sure you Force all your friends to get it! :gfdrin:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by opdude on 07-01-2003 at 09:57 AM

hey hey am i like the only one who read everysingle page b4 i posted lol anywayz im now counting down the day until plus is avalaible 4 days to go :D:D:P:P

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by Robinski on 07-01-2003 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by opdude
hey hey am i like the only one who read everysingle page b4 i posted lol anywayz im now counting down the day until plus is avalaible 4 days to go :D:D:P:P

it is the same day I am done with my "Work Experience" :D
it will be Vacation time then :D :D

only 4 days :D

Go patchou go go go :D
Pachou is the man, he can do what nobody can.
Complete Respect, but questions ^_^ by Kortex on 07-01-2003 at 11:06 AM

ok, you threaded new post... yesterday... and in two days you have reached 14k views...shiite thats amazing msg plus has to be one of the most popular freeware programs going.. and it is actually amazing which is extremely unusual for there to be something good, free and fun ^_^
yeah i think i speak for most of us with msn 6, how we miss the 'oh my god' and stuff ^^ just few questions though.
Will the beta be available to everyone or only selected users/friends of yours?
Will it still have all the functions off the previous version?

And when do you think the full version wil be released
or have i misread everything and the beta version is currently being tested and the full version is released on the 5th?

Keep up the good work.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Kortex on 07-01-2003 at 11:08 AM

ps, i could help out with the spanish translation too if your still working on it?

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by WaqasTariq on 07-01-2003 at 11:30 AM

I cant wait till the 4rth... getting restless :s

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by musicalmidget on 07-01-2003 at 12:05 PM

Kortex:  I am pretty sure that the spanish translation is already covered, but if you would like to translate Plus! into another language, please see this link...
http://www.msgplus.net/index.php?view=faq&expand=4#translation

;)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by surfichris on 07-01-2003 at 12:38 PM

Guys, please only post information relating to the new Plus! version in this thread. Please keep your discussion about food and your vacations in the respective forums :)

I would like to say well done to the almighty Patchou!

I know i will work on some addons in my spare time, and will probably setup a database of modifications etc.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by TheKing on 07-01-2003 at 02:19 PM

Patchou... GREAT JOB (Y) ! The crowds are cheering =>  :banana:  :banana: :many: :banana: :banana:  And then.... :O   I realised am going on vacation 12 o'clock at night on Friday the 4th.... :blah:  Could you PLEASE try and release it a little sooner?? :S  Still, you ROCK! :D

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by user2319 on 07-01-2003 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheKing
Patchou... GREAT JOB (Y) ! The crowds are cheering =>  :banana:  :banana: :many: :banana: :banana:  And then.... :O   I realised am going on vacation 12 o'clock at night on Friday the 4th.... :blah:  Could you PLEASE try and release it a little sooner?? :S  Still, you ROCK! :D

how many times has that been asked? :s Patchou will release it when it's ready!
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Missyhmakr on 07-01-2003 at 02:52 PM

I just wanted to let Patchou know that there are many of us "newbies" who appreciate the work you do!  I really love the features and how it makes MSN Messenger sooo much better! I haven't really wanted to use 6 because Plus didn't work with it, but I can't wait until July 5th!!!  THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Missy

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by user2319 on 07-01-2003 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by momo
nice
i love this

so when can i download it?

probably before saturday! :gfdrin: that's what Patchou said.. might be earlier or later though (please don't go refreshing the msgplus.net site over and over :-/ )
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DJWard on 07-01-2003 at 04:33 PM

WOW, something to look fardward to!

So this version due to be released in a few days will be available to everybody on the Messenger Plus site as a beta test or just on the forum as a beta test?

Lets just hope Microsoft don't start taking hints from al the users of messenger plus and add all the features to a later version of msn.

I HEAR GREAT THINGS!! LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by MorPh on 07-01-2003 at 05:23 PM

I cant wait...
:bow: :plus2: :bow:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by opdude on 07-01-2003 at 05:24 PM

yup lets hope that msn dont take all of patchous ideas

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by LebaS* on 07-01-2003 at 05:36 PM

when this version will be ready to DL??

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 07-01-2003 at 05:47 PM

read the first page

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 07-01-2003 at 05:51 PM

probably before saturday!!!! :blah:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by aamirift1 on 07-01-2003 at 06:41 PM

quote:

listen patchou in my view there isn't any use of this in msn6 as in msn 6 there is an option which is sort contacts by email adress/nick

so if u choose to sort contacts by email then i think this problem is over...well any ways still i respect ur hardwork and effort in adding this feature...

other thing i would like to suggest is that there shuld be personalised status message even in the instant lock...like it will b handy when we r away and want our msn 2 b locked as well

Pls think abt it.

I know that patchou might not be able to read this bcoz he wuld b busy.. but i wonder if sum1 can forward this to him....

Thanx

Aamir Iftikhar Saigol
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Kortex on 07-01-2003 at 06:41 PM

lol i sense a pattern emerging, and spanish is the only other fluent language i speak so sorry if i can't help translate any other languages ^_^

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by musicalmidget on 07-01-2003 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
I know i will work on some addons in my spare time, and will probably setup a database of modifications etc.

That would be cool! (y)
RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by lord of caos| on 07-01-2003 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kortex
lol i sense a pattern emerging, and spanish is the only other fluent language i speak so sorry if i can't help translate any other languages ^_^

spanish rulz!!!!!!!!
well, as i said before not everyone can learn 150 e mail, so that email sort doesnt work..

is there a way that in the new msn plus patchou could make a feature to have more than 150 contact?? thanks
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Soort 5279 on 07-01-2003 at 07:02 PM

so Patchou this is really cool.. msn+ rocks...

so do you have a change to send mass PM..  so you could send everyone a PM about the release...  so everybody knows it...   also i can put up a mirror on my site...

i can't wait for the release...  i'm shacking the hole day long.. because i want that +...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by WaqasTariq on 07-01-2003 at 07:08 PM

Still three days to do :s

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by jameseuk on 07-01-2003 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
when were we supposed to ask? i'llbe a beta tester for future versions, if you need them. send me a PM if u really care

Same goes for me aswell,I'd love to test plus! for you
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by hankypankyme on 07-01-2003 at 10:09 PM

i need help is the new plus coming out thissaturday and will have full use by then

please help

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by musicalmidget on 07-01-2003 at 10:11 PM

Please actually read the very first post in this thread.  It will answer your question and explain everything.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by tim_wesaquate on 07-01-2003 at 10:40 PM

Can I Be An Official Beta Tester... I've Been Looking Forward To This Version For A While... Id Really Like To Help

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by belgium1988 on 07-01-2003 at 10:46 PM

is there a way in the plus ( mayby evne in msn6 ) to ahve emoticons that are moving like :zzz: and many other things

well i've ya could make it on  the next version :)

thanks for all ur work

:bow::bow::bow::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow:[Image: beer1.gif][Image: beer1.gif]:bow::bow::bow::clap::clap:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by musicalmidget on 07-01-2003 at 11:09 PM

As far as I know, this isn't possible in MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus!  I doubt it ever will be a part of Plus! :-/

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by crazihouse on 07-01-2003 at 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DXtremz
Yes, the new Plus! is going to be wonderful!. Make sure you Force all your friends to get it! :gfdrin:

why force them when you already know they're gonna download it? :grin:

great prog patchou!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
thanks soooooo much for your hard work and also making it free to everyone!!!!

we all love you! :cool: (dont take it wrong lol)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by JeeraBlade on 07-02-2003 at 12:03 AM

Great Work... Patchou...
dyin to install the new release...

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by phoenix_corp. on 07-02-2003 at 12:27 AM

thanks i have to give to that person, that make msg plus 2.20

a question i have, answer i will wait:

¿in 2.20 they are new sounds?

thanks lord patchou:bow:[Image: headbang.gif]:bow:

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by Guido on 07-02-2003 at 02:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_corp.
¿in 2.20 they are new sounds?
No, no new sounds for the beta at least. patchou might add them as a last moment thing, but i don't think he will.
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by aztec on 07-02-2003 at 05:46 AM

haiz man....

...oi i got an idea for your new msn plus u gotz cumn out soon...
u know wen u have to find sum person in your offline list,(say u want to veiw their profile, cheak the correctness of the address, delete the address) and chu have to take agez to find the person...(cuz u dunt know their nikname) yeh., you shuld put sumn there so u dunt to search threw all the 150 namez u have just to find that one preson...
..oh! and also, iz there aniway that u could tweek the program so that u can have more than 150 namez in your contack list cuz 150 aint enothh..im deletein people all tha tyme to fit in other people i need....

(y)thankz mayn...aniwayz, keep at it and dunt worri., u get the moneyz one dai..
...and if you dunt, just become a drug dealer...u can make most your salez from online!!..lolz.peace~~

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Patchou on 07-02-2003 at 06:17 AM

sure there will be new sounds, but only in the final :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 07-02-2003 at 06:19 AM

:) makes sense Patchou....  after all everyone is pressuring you to release it "now now now... yesterday not saturday..........." take your time.. make it the best you can .. and we will ALL have to wait.. besides gotta have something a lil "extra" in the final:) ty again for all that you do!!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Laser_iCE on 07-02-2003 at 06:29 AM

You know what would really piss everyone off? If Patchou decided to just cancel the whole thing :) I think people should stop asking whether they can be a BETA tester or when it is coming out and say thank you for a change. Since all the lazy messers are so selfish that they didn't say thank you,
on behalf of everyone who has EVER used the program.
WE THANK YOU SIR PATCHOU!

(before I quit, omg omg omg! Patchou's post count is 1337! 1337 I tell you !!! I'll take a screenshot ;) )

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 07-02-2003 at 06:33 AM

I can testify.. yep it's 1337 LOL and... SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true....

THANK YOU PATCHOU!!!!!!!

(I just can't say that enough:) )

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by butterflyflutterby on 07-02-2003 at 06:46 AM

great news  cant wait

am i die hard fan of mgsplus   

and nothing comes close to yours

keep up the good work n stuff the whinners
who dont know better

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by †GothicRose† on 07-02-2003 at 06:50 AM

}}''{{
Psychiatrists say that 1 in of 4 are mentally ill. Check 3 friends, if they're okay, you're it!

LOL or.. your friends are friends with my friends.. and my friends MORE then make up the difference :|... hey at least we admit we are crazy;)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DarKnight on 07-02-2003 at 06:59 AM

*acts like others and does a Patchou dance* :|.. Only 4 days left. :'(

Thanks Patchou for getting Plus! to work with 6.0 :(

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by StigmA on 07-02-2003 at 07:56 AM

dude, this is the first time i post here.
i feel great there's still a developer like you
man, ur da man

good days

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by DazaX on 07-02-2003 at 08:13 AM

Go pat!

I never install adware but i will for sure this time! mite even buy something :D... anyways...

DazaX : Signing off.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by WaqasTariq on 07-02-2003 at 11:01 AM

The news brought LIFE to the forums didnt it ;)

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by maxim on 07-02-2003 at 11:13 AM

quote:

yes I'm in the same case I think we had to re-apply but I tink it's normal that others could test mp3 for msn 6
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 07-02-2003 at 11:16 AM

there was no re-apply.. Pathcou choose these ppl himself

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Jonathan_West on 07-02-2003 at 12:07 PM

i may be an idiot... but whats so great about 1337 posts?

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by musicalmidget on 07-02-2003 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan_West

I have absolutely no idea. :huh:

Besides, there are people here with 2580 posts *cough* GFD *cough*.  Why it matters though, I don't know. :-/
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by kareema59 on 07-02-2003 at 12:34 PM

When the new version of msgplus 2.20 will go out exactly?
sorry i don't speak lot of english
i'm stupid !!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by musicalmidget on 07-02-2003 at 12:47 PM

It says in the very first post of this thread.  Expect it on Saturday.

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Ryu on 07-02-2003 at 01:04 PM

I can't wait for all the new features ^_^ Well done Patchou!

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by sanosuke on 07-02-2003 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
It says in the very first post of this thread.  Expect it on Saturday.

but in'st that a beta? would be a closed or open one?
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by theguy on 07-02-2003 at 01:35 PM

an open one

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 07-02-2003 at 01:54 PM

yep :happy:

it's because much ppl really wanted it :cheesy:

so god Patchou releases it earlier as 2.20 instead of 2.5 :happy:

but all the features will be added soon, and we will have 2.5 then :bow:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by sanosuke on 07-02-2003 at 02:14 PM

thats good to hear...thanks for the tip

also thanks patchou for the gd work :)

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by bra1nwash on 07-02-2003 at 02:40 PM

[offtopic]hehe i noe wat is sanosuke its a character from the show Samurai X from AXN SCV cable TV rite?:P i noe u frm singapore! i m one too! hmm wonder how many s'poreans r here...it will take eternity to find all!:D[/offtopic]

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by sanosuke on 07-02-2003 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bra1nwash
[offtopic]hehe i noe wat is sanosuke its a character from the show Samurai X from AXN SCV cable TV rite?:P i noe u frm singapore! i m one too! hmm wonder how many s'poreans r here...it will take eternity to find all!:D[/offtopic]

[offtopic]yes ur rite...but i dont subscribe to cable tv anymore...have maxonline though :D[/offtopic]
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by dredgerman69 on 07-02-2003 at 05:59 PM

Comment ça se fait t'il qu'il y a des personnes  qui l'ont deja ce msn plus pour msn 6 ?

How does that do you it that there are people who have it more already this msn plus  for msn 6?

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by user2319 on 07-02-2003 at 06:15 PM

what? you mean the beta testers? they test it for bugs... :rolleyes:

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by dredgerman69 on 07-02-2003 at 06:40 PM

How do you one to become beta tester?

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by opdude on 07-02-2003 at 06:47 PM

only 3 days to go getting more and more restless lol

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by user2319 on 07-02-2003 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dredgerman69

if Patchou thinks you can do it.. don't ask... he's got enough beta testers already :happy:

and he doesn't knows a bit of you.. you might be "untrustable"

ppl, dont ask patchou to be a beta-tester... you wont be one unless he asks you!
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by omnicide on 07-02-2003 at 07:07 PM

3 days 2 go :D cant wait!!!

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Mippo on 07-02-2003 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
quote:

if Patchou thinks you can do it.. don't ask... he's got enough beta testers already :happy:

and he doesn't knows a bit of you.. you might be "untrustable"

ppl, dont ask patchou to be a beta-tester... you wont be one unless he asks you!

WHAT did you exactly say? :rofl:

:chrongue: You won't be an elite member until you're chosen either, you might be "untrustable" :chrongue:

No j/k :happy:

I don't wanna be a beta-tester... I just wanna translate Plus to Dutch (yes, I've already sent an e-mail, don't worry :cheesy:) :gfdrin:.
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by dredgerman69 on 07-02-2003 at 08:06 PM

not whole it is that in France there are 2 cities which are made the war on all the Paris subject the capital and Lyon the 2 eme town of France and that which it lives it Paris and me Lyon and he came narguez me to say to me that he premiere thus I had it ahead is to ask to him to pass it to me he it to still refuse and that me insane the balls + if it is Parisian!

non pas du tout c'est que en france  il y a 2 villes qui se font la guerre sur tout les sujet  Paris la capitale et Lyon la 2 eme ville de France et celui qu'il la habite Paris et moi Lyon et il est venu me narguez pour me dire qu'il l'avais en avant premiere donc je lui est demander de me la passer il la refuser et ça me fous les boules encore + si c'est un parisien !

RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Kortex on 07-02-2003 at 08:12 PM

moo, msn rules, just bored so thought i let patchou know again how cool he is :p

RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by TWDman on 07-02-2003 at 08:15 PM

quote:
not whole it is that in France there are 2 cities which are made the war on all the Paris subject the capital and Lyon the 2 eme town of France and that which it lives it Paris and me Lyon and he came narguez me to say to me that he premiere thus I had it ahead is to ask to him to pass it to me he it to still refuse and that me insane the balls + if it is Parisian!

non pas du tout c'est que en france  il y a 2 villes qui se font la guerre sur tout les sujet  Paris la capitale et Lyon la 2 eme ville de France et celui qu'il la habite Paris et moi Lyon et il est venu me narguez pour me dire qu'il l'avais en avant premiere donc je lui est demander de me la passer il la refuser et ça me fous les boules encore + si c'est un parisien !

:| I'm realy sorry, but my English is not THAT good. Et je ne parle pas de français, exceptement cette "sentence" :P
RE: RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta &amp; news by sock on 07-02-2003 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan_West

The digits in "1337" kinda resemble the letters "leet".... this is Net slang for "elite". :)

1 -> l
3 -> E
7 -> T
RE: Forthcoming Plus! 2.20 beta & news by Patchou on 07-02-2003 at 10:29 PM

The new version has been released!
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12108