Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! (/showthread.php?tid=12028)

Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Patchou on 06-30-2003 at 04:07 AM

Hello!

the new beta of Messenger Plus! will soon be released so it's time for all of you to volunteer to update the current translation. Even if you think you're already on the list, you're not so please, read my new post at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12027 and send me an email to apply for your language!

Important: due to many changes in the new version, if a translation is not updated, it will be removed from the official distribution. Also, if your language is already "in progress" on the site, apply to be on the list too: your language will be added in the "private translators beta" so that you too can make the proper adjustements.

You have one week to submit your email. No PM on the forum will be accepted. Thank you!

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by lord of caos| on 06-30-2003 at 06:40 PM

hi, ill do it to spanish/chilian :D  my email is lord_of_caos@vtr.net

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 06-30-2003 at 08:06 PM

hi patchou,
i wrote you already an email and offered my help to translate msg.plus! into german but i have an additional question which isn't unimportant for the future german translator(s) as well as for other languages...

in english you say "you" without thinking if you are speaking to your best friend or your boss, but in other languages you make formal differences between these 2 cases (in german you say "du" to your friend and "Sie" to your boss). i want to know how you would "translate" this. are you meaning the "formal you" like talking to unknown persons/boss/etc or do you mean "hey you my friend - use messenger plus! it rockz"?

i prefer the "non-formal" you

hope you know what i tried to explain ;)

best regards and keep up the good work,
MisterB aka gooofi

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by lord of caos| on 06-30-2003 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MisterB
hi patchou,
i wrote you already an email and offered my help to translate msg.plus! into german but i have an additional question which isn't unimportant for the future german translator(s) as well as for other languages...

in english you say "you" without thinking if you are speaking to your best friend or your boss, but in other languages you make formal differences between these 2 cases (in german you say "du" to your friend and "Sie" to your boss). i want to know how you would "translate" this. are you meaning the "formal you" like talking to unknown persons/boss/etc or do you mean "hey you my friend - use messenger plus! it rockz"?

i prefer the "non-formal" you

hope you know what i tried to explain ;)

best regards and keep up the good work,
MisterB aka gooofi

thats a good quastion, in spanish is tu or usted, i think i would use the formal way
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by sock on 06-30-2003 at 09:01 PM

I suggest using the same style as Microsoft does in your local Windows or MSN Messenger translation.

Am I in the list, Patch? :p I'll send an Email anyway......

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 06-30-2003 at 09:08 PM

okay that would be the formal you - but in the german msn6 it looks like ms tries to avoid this as often as possible.

most time you see eg "open 'my history'" instead of "open your history"

best regards,
MisterB aka gooofi

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Choli on 06-30-2003 at 10:11 PM

In the Spanish (spain) translation we had that discussion (format vs informal) and we decided use the formal ('usted' ('Sie' in german)). As sock said, you should use the same style as MS uses in its products and always kep the same style, not only with using a formal or informal 'you', but also in the error messages (all begining with 'Sorry, ...'), etc...

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 06-30-2003 at 10:56 PM

good point choli - looks also more professional i think :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Choli on 06-30-2003 at 11:02 PM

Yes, I remember that Patchou said once that the translations should look professional, so we (the spanish-spain translators) used the formal version, and all the translated lines keep some concordance.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Chrono on 07-01-2003 at 05:56 AM

Im here to translate it again ! :chrongue:

Chinese Translator comes! by baijianpeng on 07-01-2003 at 08:29 AM

Hi, Patchou

I am  a Chinese living in China. My  Chinese is very good. I like to test and improving software. Please let me help you in the Chinese Simplified version translation.

my  e-mail:

baijianpeng76@hotmail.com

------ >>    The following is Chinese version of above:

我是中国大陆人,我愿意测试并为改进 messenger plus 贡献力量!请中文版本翻译方面的朋友和我联系!

我的信箱是:

baijianpeng76@hotmail.com

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Mnjul on 07-01-2003 at 08:38 AM

well patchou i sent an e-mail to you...do i have to reply here again?:gfdrin:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by cool_myll on 07-01-2003 at 08:54 AM

Could you please reply to us if you have taken our emails? When are we gonna start translation?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Mike on 07-01-2003 at 01:00 PM

What do you mean patchou?
I dont get it...
How will we sent our tranlations if we dont know how version 2.20 will be?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Mnjul on 07-01-2003 at 02:10 PM

Patchou will send you private beta of 2.20 so you can translate it to your language:)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by musicalmidget on 07-01-2003 at 02:59 PM

Do as he says in his original post.  If you are accepted as a translator you will be told what to do.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by James-Bond on 07-01-2003 at 03:06 PM

hey patchou
dunno if i need to post here(i sent you a mail to translate to hebrew)
:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user13774 on 07-01-2003 at 03:50 PM

I also sent you an email about the Dutch translation :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Mippo on 07-01-2003 at 04:49 PM

Yeah me too, I'd be glad if I could help with the Dutch translation :happy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Soort 5279 on 07-01-2003 at 07:11 PM

yeah me too.. because i can translated it to Dutch..  have all the time  and would do it in yust a view hours...   

i already sended you a e-mail for translation...

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by musicalmidget on 07-01-2003 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James-Bond
hey patchou

I think sock already has hebrew. :P
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by sock on 07-01-2003 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
quote:
hey patchou

Damn straight.

* sock slaps James-Bond around a bit with a large trout.

IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!! MY PREEEEEECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

[Image: gollum4.jpg]
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by paperless on 07-01-2003 at 08:22 PM

I can try to translate it to portuguese.... of Portugal.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by paperless on 07-01-2003 at 08:24 PM

nevermind.. i cant im going in vacations soon.. :'(
maybe later....

RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by James-Bond on 07-01-2003 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
quote:
hey patchou

Damn straight.

* sock slaps James-Bond around a bit with a large trout.

IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!! MY PREEEEEECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

sorry dude, didn't see ya there
oh well, another megabytes the dust
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Robinski on 07-01-2003 at 09:35 PM

Patchou you have mail....

(Dutch Translator Reporting)
Robin.Harmsen@planet.nl

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by jpg050 on 07-01-2003 at 10:38 PM

Already sent you a mail but...

Spanish (Spain) jpg050@terra.es 

RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Guido on 07-01-2003 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sock

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by nus on 07-02-2003 at 09:33 AM

please, i've already sent the email, could you reply our emails, Patchou

aps, i do the catalan tranlation however XDDDD

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Mike on 07-02-2003 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Patchou will send you private beta of 2.20 so you can translate it to your language:)

Cool!That means because i'm one of the only greeks here I can translate msn Plus! 2.20 to greek?
That mean that I will get a private beta?(Yep I cant wait 3 more days:S)
How do I become a translator??Tell me!!
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Choli on 07-02-2003 at 04:30 PM

Read the first post on the thread

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hello!

the new beta of Messenger Plus! will soon be released so it's time for all of you to volunteer to update the current translation. Even if you think you're already on the list, you're not so please, read my new post at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12027 and send me an email to apply for your language!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by zon7 on 07-02-2003 at 05:52 PM

Me for spanish again.
go go go!
zon7@navegalia.com

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Alpha Binary on 07-04-2003 at 12:07 AM

I'd like to apply for Thai translation but i plz anyone kindly tell me what's Patchou's e-mail address? :D

Plz PM or E-mail back, thanks a lot in advance ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Guido on 07-04-2003 at 12:24 AM

See first post

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Alpha Binary on 07-04-2003 at 12:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
See first post

ehh... did you mean this one?:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hello!

Important: due to many changes in the new version, if a translation is not updated, it will be removed from the official distribution. Also, if your language is already "in progress" on the site, apply to be on the list too: your language will be added in the "private translators beta" so that you too can make the proper adjustements.

You have one week to submit your email. No PM on the forum will be accepted. Thank you!

Patchou

i still don't have a clue on his e-mail address :(
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 07-04-2003 at 12:15 PM

@alpha binary
click the link in your quote and read patchou's first (long) post where you will find additional information and the email-address you have to send your offer to :)

best regards
gooofi

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Alpha Binary on 07-04-2003 at 12:26 PM

oh i c it at last
mplus-trans@patchou.com
thxs a lot ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by i3baid on 07-04-2003 at 01:45 PM

hey i can transulate to arabic here is my e-nail i3baid@hotmail.com

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by ballack15 on 07-04-2003 at 06:32 PM

sorry my english is not the beste, thats why i dont understand something what you write here, but i search the german language for msg plus 2.20, sorry for possible grammar mistakes!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 07-04-2003 at 07:30 PM

i will answer ballacks question in german, hope its okay :)

@ballack
eine deutsche übersetzung für die aktuelle version von msg.plus ist noch nicht verfügbar, da patchou noch keine offiziellen übersetzer benannt hat und auch nicht möchte, dass jetzt schon übersetzt wird (wird wohl bis zur final noch etwas verändert etc)
hoffe das hilft dir

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by ballack15 on 07-05-2003 at 01:01 PM

thx @ goofi!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Krokis on 07-05-2003 at 03:29 PM

i would gladly help in the translation :)  in swedish :) i send u an mail patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Skizzik on 07-05-2003 at 04:54 PM

Hmmm, it looks like you already have more than enough Dutch translators so I won't even bother sending in that e-mail.

Remarkable, a lot of Dutch people are active on these forums. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user2319 on 07-05-2003 at 05:08 PM

Patchou, I emailed you, but I'm afraid my hosts smtp server was/is down :sad:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 07-05-2003 at 05:19 PM

hi patchou,
do you post here when the official translators are chosen?
it's better for me to know that i'm not allowed to help instead of sitting here and don't know anything :D (A)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by allex87 on 07-05-2003 at 11:36 PM

I have already started the translation of MsgPlus 2.20 in Romanian, but... as of version 2.0.45, selecting the language is disabled, so I will wait for the final MsgPlus 2.

So, Patchou! I will be MORE than happy to translate MsgPlus in Romanian! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Guido on 07-06-2003 at 03:18 AM

Once you e-mailed him, he will e-mail you if he needs you. :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by allex87 on 07-06-2003 at 04:55 AM

I emailed him! I hope he does need me with the translation :P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by user17033 on 07-06-2003 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Once you e-mailed him, he will e-mail you if he needs you. :-/

that means that all others will not be informed if they are not needed? :S

that's too bad :(

i don't want a "personal email" from patchou, but a post like "hey i choosed the official translators - you are not chosen if you did not get an email" would be nice.

but hey, if i'm not in i can correct the german translation like i did the last one ;)

have a nice weekend :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Liquid on 07-06-2003 at 01:50 PM

I can help translate into french and into spanish (latino)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Animefan on 07-06-2003 at 08:26 PM

May I translate it to danish? If its needed?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Guido on 07-06-2003 at 08:38 PM

Don't ask here, he won't answer. Send a mail as specified in te first post.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Animefan on 07-06-2003 at 08:46 PM

What mail shall I send to?:S

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Guido on 07-06-2003 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
What mail shall I send to?:S

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12027

In the first post there's a link to that thread, and there you can see how you can apply for the translation.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.20 - TRANSLATORS NEEDED!! by Animefan on 07-06-2003 at 09:56 PM

Aha.. there was the mail :)
Its typical me not to read a long text, that maybe why I didn't find it the first time :S