Shoutbox

We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages (/showthread.php?tid=12090)

We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Mnjul on 07-02-2003 at 04:13 AM

As the title goes, the plug-in files are currently written in C/C++ forms. That is to say, Visual Basic programmers, as well as Java even Delphi...etc programmers, may have difficulty understanding the plug-in source files. In other words, Patchou needs people to bother to translate the original source files to Visual Basic or other program.

It's just a piece of information:)

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by segosa on 07-02-2003 at 06:57 AM

I hope someone does VB... I havent learnt it for nothing you know!!! :-/

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Mnjul on 07-02-2003 at 08:03 AM

I hope someone does the translation to VB too...I don't think I'm gonna learn C/C++ even C# this summer:\

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by MorPh on 07-02-2003 at 09:10 AM

I never gonna learn C/C++, so I hope someone does the translation to VB too!

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by musicalmidget on 07-02-2003 at 11:17 AM

* musicalmidget would like to learn some form of programming soon. :)

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Misterjad on 07-02-2003 at 02:27 PM

raaa, for me its the same.... i should learn c++, its more powerfull than VB :/
if patchou can do it, why not us?

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Mnjul on 07-02-2003 at 03:09 PM

Will Ginge do it? I know he knows Visual Basic as well as C/C++ well, and he is one of the Plus! contributors:gfdrin:

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by segosa on 07-02-2003 at 03:15 PM

Well i've just looked through all the C++ (you can download it at mess.be) for the plugin building type thing and SHIT ITS hARD! omg. Whoever makes it for VB i'll worship them forever"!

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Choli on 07-02-2003 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
As the title goes, the plug-in files are currently written in C/C++ forms. That is to say, Visual Basic programmers, as well as Java even Delphi...etc programmers, may have difficulty understanding the plug-in source files. In other words, Patchou needs people to bother to translate the original source files to Visual Basic or other program.

It's just a piece of information:)

Are there any pluging aviable yet?

Anyway, I can translate from C/C++ (preferably from C) to VB and with a bit more of time to Java & Delphi.
RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by EvilSeph on 07-02-2003 at 05:25 PM

how can there be plugins if you don't exactly know if it will work or not:P

people release plugins once they have tested it, seeing as they don't have plus! that is quite impossible.

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by loconet on 07-04-2003 at 01:45 AM

VB? Java? Delphi?

Why bother.. if its going to stay on windows,  C , C++  , or even C# :p

Nah, jk .. All the power if diff languages can be used.

RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Chrono on 07-06-2003 at 12:54 AM

Go Choli with Java :banana:

RE: RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Choli on 07-06-2003 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Go Choli with Java :banana:

Now that I've seen the source code of the plugins and knowing that my knowledge of Java is very limited, I think that translating into Java is more complex than I've imagined. But, this summer I haven't any other thing to do (in fact I have, but also I have much more free time ;)) (ah, y gracias por los ánimos (how do you say that in english?))
RE: RE: RE: We'll need people to translate the plug-in file to other prgram languages by Chrono on 07-06-2003 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
(ah, y gracias por los ánimos (how do you say that in english?))

Thx for Ur encouragment ?