Shoutbox

How to get Username or other User-info - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: How to get Username or other User-info (/showthread.php?tid=12254)

How to get Username or other User-info by TWDman on 07-04-2003 at 04:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the source of that xSlap! plug-in because we are allowed to tweak it. I am trying to make it like this:

TWDman slaps %CONTACTNAME% around a bit with a large trout.

I tried this first with just "(!N)" but then Plus! doesnt convert it to the contactname. Then I saw in the Header some Control Characters and thats why I tried to put an extra code-line in the header:

const char* sCCContactName  = "(!N)";

But it doesnt make any sence.

Who can help me??

Thanks!!!

[EDIT] mmm i was thinking: maybe this isn't possible yet. Patchou, tell me: is this possible? If not, could you please add it to you next Plus!API??[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]when i type /me (!N) in the conversation windows it works, but not when i do it with the plug-in :S[/EDIT2]

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by segosa on 07-04-2003 at 05:07 PM

did you try sCCContactName? thats the constant which is (!N) ...

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by TWDman on 07-04-2003 at 05:09 PM

yes I tried that. Sorry I thougt you guys would understand that. SORRY !!!! Yes I tried sCCContactName but then I got:

TWDman slaps (!N) around a bit with a large trout.

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-05-2003 at 05:49 AM

I'm starting to get this...
It seems that the order of precedence is to run all the plugins after the standard messenger plus functions, effectively stopping us from using any of the flags that are processed on sending, only on recieving.
So here's an official request: Maybe in the next version of the SDK we could have the ability to either choose to run plugins before the standard functions, or to call the standard ones from within the function with a call like stdParseCommand(const char*sCommand, const char* sCommandArg, PLUGIN_PARAM* pParam, char* sResult).
It could be a bit more trouble in the code (although it should be okay), but it would give people *much* more freedom with their plugins.

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by Derusc on 07-28-2003 at 10:18 AM

i think that with this : PLUGIN_PARAM* pParam u can get the name of who had genereted the action but with a session code before.

U can get this  <sessioncode><nickname>

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by Xerxis on 07-28-2003 at 10:23 AM

you can use the oConversationWnd argument of the parsecommand and parsetag functions

use it like this

oConversationWnd.contacts(0).friendlyname

in vb at least

you should use the oconversationwnd as a MessengerAPI.IMessengerConversationWnd interface

good luck

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by TWDman on 07-28-2003 at 11:32 AM

Thanks DJ for writing this code. I will test it after I come back from my holiday in Turkey!

Thanks

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by user2319 on 07-29-2003 at 02:47 PM

TWDman, can you make it that i uses the custom name you specified? :gfdrin:

so it won't be

* user2319 slaps   hello ppl I'm on holiday on the other side of the world and i'm making fine :D it is nice weather and this internet cafe rocks! grtz someone   around a bit with a large trout,

but,

* user2319 slaps someone around a bit with a large trout

RE: How to get Username or other User-info by Orkblutt on 09-01-2004 at 01:42 AM

Hi,

when I'm trying to use the Msn API, I've compilation problem...
one library is missing...

look at the error:

error LNK2019: external symbols _IID_IMessengerContact, _IID_IMessengerContacts, _IID_IMessengerConversationWnd unresolved.

Could you help me please? any idea about which library I must to link ?
( I'm using VC++ 7.1 on XP sp1 )