Shoutbox

Windows Media Player Plug-In - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Windows Media Player Plug-In (/showthread.php?tid=12327)

Windows Media Player Plug-In by Vilkku on 07-05-2003 at 03:16 PM

No, I haven't made one but I made this topic to get the answers to the following questions:
1) Is it possible to make a WMP song title plugin like the (!WAT) one?
2) If it is, is someone working on one?
3) And if someone is, when will it be done?

RE: Windows Media Player Plug-In by musicalmidget on 07-05-2003 at 04:11 PM

It has been suggested in a few other threads.  I believe someone is working on it, but there is no expected release time yet.

RE: Windows Media Player Plug-In by TWDman on 07-05-2003 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
No, I haven't made one but I made this topic to get the answers to the following questions:
1) Is it possible to make a WMP song title plugin like the (!WAT) one?
2) If it is, is someone working on one?
3) And if someone is, when will it be done?

1) Probably
2) Yes, Predatory Kangaroo is
3) No release date like musicalmidget said
RE: Windows Media Player Plug-In by Vilkku on 07-05-2003 at 07:19 PM

Well, the 2) was the most importaint one :D

RE: Windows Media Player Plug-In by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-06-2003 at 06:03 AM

Yes it's possible
Yes i'm working on it
Yes it's a pain in the ass ^)^

I had to put it on hold for a coupla hours while i slapped together the plugin website, but now that that's done, i'm continuing my work.

It seems that i'll have to learn COM+ to do it (damn remoting) but i was planning on doing that soon anyway.
I've got an 8 hour plane trip on thursday, i'll get a book on COM+ and learn it on the plane, and I (hopefully) should be able to release it by friday or saturday.

Looking at my watch just now i realised that the final of messenger plus should have been out yesterday.  I guess you had some trouble, PatchOU? :)

RE: Windows Media Player Plug-In by DXtremz on 07-06-2003 at 06:38 AM

Kangaroo > would you happen to know of any Windows Media Player API, or where I can find some info. I was trying to make a plugin for it too, but i cant find any good info on windows media player.

RE: Windows Media Player Plug-In by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-06-2003 at 09:00 AM

Well, DXtremz, first step is to get the WMP SDK.  It has quite a lot of information, for lots of languages.
That's what i'm using, unfortunately you need to know COM+ to understand the remoting stuff :)