Shoutbox

Windows Media Player plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Windows Media Player plugin (/showthread.php?tid=12514)

Windows Media Player plugin by Xerxis on 07-07-2003 at 10:00 PM

i'm now working on a plugin (vb) that will have following functions

previewing a media file that you are receiving
sending the file wmp is currently playing
sending your playlist as a text
moving on to next media item in your playlist
play
stop
open player

and maybe more

i hope to finisch at least the most important functions of this plugin next week.

The plugin may possibly only work with wmp 9

I hope this will be a plugin which will be usefull for you guys.

goto http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12602

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 07-07-2003 at 10:16 PM

Usefull!? :|
ITS MORE THAN USEFULL!!!! :O
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN! CooL! (H)!

a little off topic: WoW man... Patchou writed in this post! Im happy to write in posts withe Patchou... You rule Man! :bow:

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Patchou on 07-07-2003 at 10:17 PM

finally! your pluggin will be a big hit :)

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Xerxis on 07-07-2003 at 10:44 PM

thank you, i still have a long way to go, i'm now concentrating on the preview thing, and i hope to complete that one of the following days, pls note, i'm not going to make an avi previewer, i don't have the technical knowledge nor the time to do something like that (i'm going to study multimedia next year, so maybe then ;)).

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 07-07-2003 at 11:16 PM

We are waiting :)

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Kryptonate on 07-07-2003 at 11:30 PM

I prefer Winamp above Windows Media Player, but . . . if you give a good plugin, thn I might reconsider which one to use ;-)

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-08-2003 at 02:54 AM

I'm interested...
I've looked through all the documentation and tried everything I can think of, but I can't find any way to do Remoting in it (which you'd need to do to get the currently playing song, before you send it), so i'm having to learn COM in C++ and do it from there, because there is no QueryService to create a valid PlayerApplication and attach it to the WindowsMediaPlayer

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Patchou on 07-08-2003 at 04:21 AM

If you need advices, you can always ask me, I'll be glad to help people for their developments (I'm missing this since I'm not a team leader anymore :p)

Patchou

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Xerxis on 07-08-2003 at 05:42 AM

i could have one advice, i never looked at the messenger api properly, doing it now. but i have one problem, is there a way to retrieve the filename of the file you're downloading. Getting the directory where it is saved is an easy one. But i couldn't find out the name using msn messenger. I have however found another way, just looking at the windows file system for the changing file, but if someone knows a way to do it with msn?

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 08:37 PM

I have looked through the documentation and there is no such thing :( However, there is a function to retreive the download directory...

This would make the download manager plugin even harder. :(

But, why do you want to retreive the file that's being downloaded?

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-09-2003 at 06:16 AM

He wants to make it preview sound files as they're being downloaded (like Kazaa can)

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by allex87 on 07-09-2003 at 12:16 PM

OO... ic...

Maybe this could be a plugin for both the ppl conversating...
U can get the file to be sent from the API. The plugin sends the file name, so u can preview it... I'm not sure if Messenger puts the downloaded files in the My Received Files immediatly afterstarting to download...

And this would be a problem if the user chooses to save the file with a different name (Save As from msn 6)...

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Xerxis on 07-09-2003 at 12:19 PM

messenger uses rtf temporary files to stream the download, it is an encrypted stream

see my post on windows media plugin (where u can download it) i need help on this one

it is impossible to open read or copy the tmp file

in cas i can bypass this problem i still have the encryption problem. i won't give up but it could take a while.

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by allex87 on 07-09-2003 at 12:29 PM

I think it would be easier if u use a separate protocol, your own protocol... like Indy:
http://www.indyproject.org/indy.html

It would make it easier for you...
Indy is "an open source internet component suite comprised of popular internet protocols written in Delphi and based on blocking sockets." :)

So, you could intercept a file transfer and send it through Indy. Of course, the other person must have the plugin, too.

RE: Windows Media Player plugin by Xerxis on 07-09-2003 at 12:41 PM

i'll look at it

tnx