Shoutbox

New plugin features to come in a couple of hours - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours (/showthread.php?tid=12531)

New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Patchou on 07-08-2003 at 02:54 AM

Hello!

I just wanted to tell tyou that I now know why I'm not a VB developer.. damn, there's nothing you can do with this language! anyway, I just felt like complaining a little.. I'm adding some new features in the plugin support for the next beta, all the C code is done since this afternoon and I'm still on VB support. 

"Le chek Amir avait une fille qui s'appelait Yasmina, lorsqu'elle devient ma p'tite amie le chek n'apperciat pas..." (8) (8) (8). Never develop without music :)

Patchou
What a weird post.

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by nick10293847 on 07-08-2003 at 02:58 AM

thanx patchou!! great prog

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 03:05 AM

I feel the same way about VB as you Patchou...
But VB is a lot more easier to use.. so.. if u don't need pointers... u're safe with VB :P.. anyway.. that's my opinion...

Can't wait for the new features!

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Patchou on 07-08-2003 at 03:10 AM

hahaha... VB easier to use? yeah, for you it is, for me it's not.... I'm the one who's paying for your easy life lol :p. Making raw calls to vb functions is a real pain and vb doesn't support half of what C supports for normal use (like arrays as function parameters... pff)

Well.. I'm almost finished :)
Patchou

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 03:12 AM

Umm.. what I was trying to say, is that for simple apps, VB is better to use cause u dont have to write up lots of code... :) and i hate typing a lot... lol.

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Patchou on 07-08-2003 at 03:24 AM

yeah I know, but you have to keep in mind that something, somewhere always has to pay tohe price for this simplicity. Messenger Plus! being an application calling a VB module, I have to write 5 pages of C code to be able to call the functions in your VB modules :). However, I agree it should be worth it as most of you develop in VB :).

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by surfichris on 07-08-2003 at 04:13 AM

Yay!

Did you take into account my suggestions? :P

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-08-2003 at 07:25 AM

I agree with both of you Alex and PatchOU :)
VB = easier for simple stuff but harder to do complicated stuff
And VB requires the person to have the VB Runtimes installed, and it won't work on any other platform (without the aid of extra programs) and, finally, much harder to create cross-language support

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Xerxis on 07-08-2003 at 07:32 AM

ever tried the vb.net, it is much much much better then the older versions. unfortenately, you cannot use it for making plugins for the simple reason that not enough people have the framework installed :s.

RE: RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Misterjad on 07-08-2003 at 07:33 AM

quote:
[i]won't work on any other platform

does a compiled C++ code for windows work on linux ? :|
RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Misterjad on 07-08-2003 at 07:37 AM

xerxis > you'll be able to do it soon, i think the framework will be packed into the SP2...

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Xerxis on 07-08-2003 at 07:43 AM

cool
then my next plugins will be in vb.net ofcours

i love vb, altough i have to admit that sometimes c++ dll's are required to make a fast program ;)

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by Misterjad on 07-08-2003 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
"Le chek Amir avait une fille qui s'appelait Yasmina, lorsqu'elle devient ma p'tite amie le chek n'apperciat pas..." (8) (8) (8). Never develop without music :)

you listen really weird songs...

you became a real canadian now :'(

french always recognize quebcois guys, tabarnac !
RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 11:17 AM

Misterjad, a compiled *windows* c++ code works under wine, not stand-alone. If you try to create a console app in windows, chances are (i think 90%) that ur app will also compile in linux without any modifications... However, MFC, API based, .Net framework based (generally framework-based ones) will not compile and support for those in linux is limited because u have to port the framework as well.

RE: New plugin features to come in a couple of hours by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 11:26 AM

NICE new features! I like especially the PLUGIN_PARAM struct :P