Shoutbox

Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB (/showthread.php?tid=12568)

Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-08-2003 at 04:57 PM

Hello Plus! users

I finished the Plugin Program today and it supports the following stuff:

The Visual Basic: Plugins
The C++: Plugins
It automaticly detect the settings
Automaticly reloads plus!

Here you can download it:
Extract all the files to one directory
If you get an Message that you miss a file download the complete setup.

Without installer
http://www.dse.nl/~ridder/Plugin2.zip

With Installer
http://www.dse.nl/~ridder/Setup.zip

RE: Adcanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Patchou on 07-08-2003 at 05:15 PM

That's nice :). However, maybe it would be better if you could use the registered message to unload/reload plugins instead of restarting Messenger :)

Patchou

RE: Adcanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Huuf on 07-08-2003 at 05:34 PM

Patchou what do you exactly mean thanx with the following post

RE: Adcanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 08:04 PM

You will see what he means when I will release the source code for my plugin installer. I will do it sometime today (maybe in half an hour) :)

It's in the Readme file anyways...

RE: Adcanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Huuf on 07-08-2003 at 08:50 PM

I am an partly open source programmer. I also have an open source code off how to replace resources

http://www.dse.nl/~ridder/

RE: Adcanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by allex87 on 07-08-2003 at 09:11 PM

To facilitate updates and quick installations, you can notify
Messenger Plus! that you're going to install a new plugin. In that
case, Messenger Plus! will unload all its plugins, wait 5 seconds to
let you copy your DLL and reload the plugins. To trigger this event,
you have to broadcast a registered private message in the system.
The name of the message is "MessengerPlus_PluginChange". Example:
   UINT nMsg = RegisterWindowMessage("MessengerPlus_PluginChange");
   PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, nMsg, 0, 0);

This is a quote from the Readme file that comes with MsgPlus sdk...

so, u would put those 2 lines before u copy ur file. After 5 seconds, plugins will be reloaded...

RE: RE: Adcanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by musicalmidget on 07-08-2003 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
Patchou what do you exactly mean and can you rename the topic
it's got a big typo

Click edit post. :P
RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Huuf on 07-09-2003 at 07:32 PM

i am creating it so the plugin automaticly removes but the code what is in the readme is for c. and i created the program in vb 6 so if i wan't to use it i need the code for vb.

i tried several things but i don't exactly know where it goes. So please help me. You can help me if you say 2 things

where exactly the message goes
And the code for in vb.

Thanks in advance

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by allex87 on 07-09-2003 at 08:49 PM

Where the message goes?
It goes to Messenger Plus! It tells it that we want to install/update a plugin. So Messenger Plus! unloads all its plugins and after 5 seconds it reloads them. In those 5 seconds, you have to copy the plugin in the  plugins directory.

Code for VB...
I'm sorry, I don't program in VB...

But... I already made a plugin installer...  It doesn't do VB plugins though... :)

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Huuf on 07-09-2003 at 10:01 PM

I call an external application on what resets the plugins

like the msgplus.exe does.

Yea i will add credit
but if any1 knows how to do it in vb i will worship you

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by allex87 on 07-10-2003 at 02:09 AM

I released my source code in the sticky thread...

About the VB source code... It should be the same functions.. same way, except you need to declare them....  Here's how:

Declare Function RegisterWindowMessage Lib "user32.dll" Alias "RegisterWindowMessageA" ( _
     ByVal lpString As String) As Long
Declare Function PostMessage Lib "user32.dll" Alias "PostMessageA" ( _
     ByVal hwnd As Long, _
     ByVal wMsg As Long, _
     ByVal wParam As Long, _
     ByVal lParam As Long) As Long

Then you would call them this way:

Long msg
msg = RegisterWindowMessage("MessengerPlus_PluginChange")
PostMessage(0xffff, msg, 0, 0)

That should do it...

Now I am working on an installer with support for both VB and C++. I am now trying to use MFC... my first app in MFC wow... I have a problem though... I call the PostMessage the old-fashioned way (::PostMessage) but somehow, the message doesn't get sent... cuz I get a file copy error saying that the file is being accessed by another process.... :( anyone knows why? thanks...

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by allex87 on 07-10-2003 at 02:19 AM

Never mind... I changed PostMessage to SendMessage..... and it worked.. :S But anyone knows why?

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by AzNiNsEcT on 07-10-2003 at 03:18 AM

i think sendmessage is the proper syntax, not post message...im not too sure though :S

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by allex87 on 07-10-2003 at 03:35 AM

There are both SendMessage and PostMessage...

And now... not even Send Message works... :S
I don't know.. it could be my computer.. i'll see tomorrow when I start my computer if it's its fault (maybe it will correct at startup)...

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Huuf on 07-10-2003 at 06:49 AM

I finished the program it supports VB + C++ i will upload it today thanx for support

RE: Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller by Huuf on 07-10-2003 at 02:46 PM

Hello Plus! users

I finished the Plugin Program today and it supports the following stuff:

The Visual Basic: Plugins
The C++: Plugins
It automaticly detect the settings
Automaticly reloads plus!

Here you can download it:
Extract all the files to one directory
If you get an Message that you miss a file download the complete setup.

Without installer
http://www.dse.nl/~ridder/Plugin2.zip

With Installer
http://www.dse.nl/~ridder/Setup.zip

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-10-2003 at 05:16 PM

I just updated the program some slow computers the program didn't work 100% build in a timer now it works

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Slack2116 on 07-10-2003 at 09:38 PM

yeah i followed the instructions and everything and when i type in the little command thing nothing happens.  BUT when i first start up MSN Messenger 6.0 i see thise little box flash 2 times and it look like the box im supposed to get with your program.

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-11-2003 at 08:02 AM

What are your system preferences.
And msn version + build.
And Windows version.
And Plus! version

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by allex87 on 07-11-2003 at 09:58 PM

Huuf...
Does your plugin installer work on your system for VB plugins?

I wrote a plugin installer that supports VB plugins and C++ plugins too... However, every time I try to install a _VB_ plugin, i get an error saying that the file is being used by another ptocess.... Same thing happens with your plugin installer.... I just want to know if I really need to format my computer (lol.. I was plannig to do that... now I probably have a good reason.. :))

Thanks...

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-11-2003 at 10:14 PM

as far is i know and some ppl also tested it on other system it just works so i am sorry but i think it is on your system.

Probably is an proces running that checks dll's so end some processes. and then try again. or first try to deregister an plugin with.

regserv32 "c:\download\blabla\plugin.dll" /u

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by allex87 on 07-11-2003 at 10:26 PM

I have included this from the start...

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-12-2003 at 07:34 AM

I have released a new version and the source

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by allex87 on 07-12-2003 at 02:13 PM

Huuf, can you pls tell me your version of Messenger, Windows, and Messenger Plus! ?

On my computer, your plugin installer doesn't work... I get 'Access denied' when i try to update/uninstall a plugin...  :(

Same thing happens with my plugin installer...

Thanks.

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-12-2003 at 09:18 PM

Windows XP sp1a
Windows Messenger 6.0.0503
Messenger Plus! 2.20.51

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by allex87 on 07-12-2003 at 10:35 PM

Dude... have you even checked your prog to see if it really removes the dll? well.. it doesn't and thats not a complete program...
I don't want to sound mean.. but the program doesn't work properly.. I have a fresh system with the same software as you do...

The program DOES NOT remove the DLL. Actually, if you try to reinstall a freshly uninstalled plugin, I get error 71 access denied... This has got to be a bug in Messenger Plus! i looked through your code, my code (which is the same, only in c++) and they are ok...

Patchou: can you please check this problem?

Thanks.

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-12-2003 at 10:52 PM

hmm i tried with several ppl and it worked great. Strange.

Confused

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by allex87 on 07-13-2003 at 02:07 AM

OK... if you select uninstall... does it actually delete the file on your computer? It doesn't on mine... :(

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-13-2003 at 06:53 AM

if you select deinstall this is what it does:

Start the plugin resetter.
delete the dll with the kill command
unregister the dll with regsrv32 "c:\program files\Messenger Plus!\Plug-in\jkdfsljklsa.dll /u
done

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-14-2003 at 05:40 PM

i founded indeed a bug with some program's the msn messenger won't reset and as cause that he won't install an newer version or deinstall any plugin i am working on it

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Huuf on 07-27-2003 at 02:45 PM

New server! because of bandwith problems

site
http://www.huuf.tk/

Without installer
http://www.xzaust.com/huuf/Plugin2.zip

with installer
http://www.xzaust.com/huuf/Setup.zip

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by provolino77 on 04-01-2004 at 10:13 PM

any working mirror? thanks

RE: Finished Advanced Plugin installer/uninstaller C++ and VB by Alpha Binary on 04-05-2004 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
i am creating it so the plugin automaticly removes but the code what is in the readme is for c. and i created the program in vb 6 so if i wan't to use it i need the code for vb.

i tried several things but i don't exactly know where it goes. So please help me. You can help me if you say 2 things

where exactly the message goes
And the code for in vb.

Thanks in advance

no that IS a VB code! omg you yourself are a vb programmer but you can't tell a difference between vb and c code!