Shoutbox

Would this kind of adware be OK with you? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? (/showthread.php?tid=12691)

Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by justlooking on 07-10-2003 at 12:31 AM

This might be better for users but there are always gonna be complainers.

http://www.180solutions.com/ncasedemo.html

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by xiLLeNtz on 07-10-2003 at 12:45 AM

LoLz, I went to that page and I read:

n-Case is installed with user permission

LoLz.. Honestly, I NEVER knew I had n-Case on my PC til I checked one day... I don't think I have it anymore, damm thing was replaced by this Save thing:@*anyone know how to take it off?*, but I never remember anything that said that it would be put onto my PC.

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Guido on 07-10-2003 at 01:14 AM

xiLLeNtz:
download Adaware from http://www.networkingfiles.com/Cookie/downloads/adawaredownload.htm

It will remove it.

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by musicalmidget on 07-10-2003 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by justlooking
This might be better for users but there are always gonna be complainers.

http://www.180solutions.com/ncasedemo.html

I can see your point, but think this would get very annying if it sents pop-ups everytime I used a search engine. :-/
RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Guido on 07-10-2003 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
I can see your point, but think this would get very annying if it sents pop-ups everytime I used a search engine. :-/

or everytime i open a website :rolleyes:

Check the other slide.
RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by WaqasTariq on 07-10-2003 at 05:33 AM

Ad-aware rocks (Y)

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Sk3tch on 07-10-2003 at 05:44 AM

lol... i don't really mind it, but sure (y)  adware is all good!
p.s  Nice Site Justlooking

RE: RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by musicalmidget on 07-10-2003 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget

or everytime i open a website :rolleyes:

Check the other slide.

I didn't notice that.  Unless my pop-up stopper blocks it I wouldn't want to install this, and if my pop-up stopper did block it, there would be no point installing it in the first place. :P
RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by justlooking on 07-10-2003 at 01:22 PM

It's all for a good cause. Don't you want Patchou to move into the house he has his eye on. ;)

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by scott_5214 on 07-10-2003 at 01:32 PM

lol, im sure he wishes he could. I would install the sponser but ive only just got rid of spyware from another program. Sorry. I wish i could help some other way, i love plus! I cant even donate any money... Sorry...

RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by justlooking on 07-10-2003 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scott_5214
lol, im sure he wishes he could. I would install the sponser but ive only just got rid of spyware from another program. Sorry. I wish i could help some other way, i love plus! I cant even donate any money... Sorry...

:'(  Then I guess he has to go to Plan B. :D

[Image: trailer.txt]
RE: RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Guido on 07-10-2003 at 11:38 PM

quote:
:'(  Then I guess he has to go to Plan B. :D

[Image: trailer.txt]

:lol:

And i don't think standard popup blockers block these popups, because they are not standard javascript popups triggered by webpages, but a constantly running application that opens browser windows automatically.
RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by dragon2611 on 07-11-2003 at 08:44 PM

emm some kind on adware that doesnt produce anoyying popups.etc

HEY PHAPS you could replace the msn banner ad with and msn plus one ;)

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by EvilSeph on 07-12-2003 at 12:29 AM

That might be illegal though :P

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Tandy on 07-12-2003 at 12:34 AM

it is, u need permission from microsoft(and a lot of money)

i dont think patchou is willing to do that

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Guido on 07-12-2003 at 02:48 AM

If Patchou put ads in the MSN messenger ad box "legally" (i.e. just paying for them), he would be losing money.

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by dragon2611 on 07-12-2003 at 05:57 AM

ok then phaps a second ad banner?

i just the hide ad banner feature anyway so if he did that i would only see the plus one anyway?

RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by user2319 on 07-12-2003 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tandy
it is, u need permission from microsoft(and a lot of money)

i dont think patchou is willing to do that

getting permission from ms is the same as paying lots of m0ney :happy:
RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by dragon2611 on 07-12-2003 at 05:06 PM

err maybe like 1 ad that popups and then closes it self.

well you know icq today that normally pops up when you log into icq and closes 30 seconds later.

so i was thinging u get an add popup when you sign in then it dissapers after x number of seconds and you dont see another one again untill you next sign on?

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Guido on 07-12-2003 at 09:35 PM

Yeah, Patchou could earn  about 10 cents per month then :-/

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by dragon2611 on 07-13-2003 at 07:55 AM

surly it would be more than that, think of all the people who use plus, then think of the number of times a day people sign on to msn messenger.

espacilly the people on dial up who have to re sign on every time they reconnect.

i'm just trying to thing of ways of having ads in the program without annoying the hell out of everyone and without using SPYWARE

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by justlooking on 07-13-2003 at 09:20 AM

I've always thought selling the naming rights to a program would be a way to generate revenue. If they can get $100 mil from Staples for the arena in Los Angeles why not call the program something like Patchou and have a company market some products with that name or do whatever they choose with it.

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by user2319 on 07-13-2003 at 11:18 AM

I like that suggestion :d it doesn't works with Opera :wink: and yeah.. it would be very annoying

RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by Guido on 07-14-2003 at 08:28 PM

Very annoying... :P

RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by fluffy_lobster on 07-14-2003 at 08:32 PM

quote:
It's all for a good cause. Don't you want Patchou to move into the house he has his eye on. ;)
[Image: attachment.php?tid=12691&pid=101326]

Well I doubt he's far off if he's giving away 26 gamecubes a year :P  He's raking it in as he is, I don't think he'll really want to change.
RE: RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by user2319 on 07-17-2003 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Very annoying... :P

it would probably work in ie based browsers :refuck:
RE: Would this kind of adware be OK with you? by user2319 on 07-17-2003 at 11:39 AM

GC:                 $200                   (not precisely...)
game:             $60
memory:         $14 (­?)

total:              $274 * 26 =
lets make it:   $275 * 26 = 7150

and btw.. who says he's gonna do that a whole year? :refuck: