Shoutbox

Last update before the public release. READ! :) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Last update before the public release. READ! :) (/showthread.php?tid=12785)

Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Patchou on 07-11-2003 at 05:51 AM

Hello!

I didn't plan to do another pre-release but here is one, especially compile for you guys. Download the new version (2.20.51) at this url: http://download.msgplus.net/cached/Plus2051.exe.

What's different? well, there are more languages but that's not why I released it. I noticed that some very poorly developped plugins could cause serious problems in Plus!. This happens mostly with C plugins (yeah, VB is great for that: it protects me from you lol).

There are two modifications: first, Initialize() is called in a different thread. It is synchronised with the main thread, you shouldn't have to worry about it but well, you never know...  the second modification is a protection: if you messed with the header file distributed with the API package and your function is not compiled with __stdcall anymore, Plus! will block your plugin so no function after Initialize() will be called.

I'm asking all the plugin developers to re-test their plugin with this version. If you're a C developer, if your plugin doesn't work anymore and you don't see any reason why, you have 24 hours to let me know :). mplus@patchou.com

See yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patchou

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by AzNiNsEcT on 07-11-2003 at 05:54 AM

this isnt really an important dl unless ur worried about any plugins in C rite? coz i gotz all this music to dl...lol, i can wait

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by mey32 on 07-11-2003 at 06:26 AM

cheers patchou

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Patchou on 07-11-2003 at 06:27 AM

buy your CDs :)

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by AzNiNsEcT on 07-11-2003 at 06:35 AM

but ... but... cds are expensive :P lol

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Patchou on 07-11-2003 at 06:38 AM

and then people wonder why I dont transform Plus! into a shareware lol

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by AzNiNsEcT on 07-11-2003 at 06:44 AM

lol well ur earning money, im not :P

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Chode on 07-11-2003 at 06:51 AM

[Image: Patchou.gif]

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Sk3tch on 07-11-2003 at 07:14 AM

Thx Patchou :)

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Misterjad on 07-11-2003 at 09:02 AM

yeah, ive noticed that, patchou is a legal guy !
you didnt even use emule till i told you XS
and.. did you even buy your VS .net or VC++6 ??

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Slack2116 on 07-11-2003 at 11:27 AM

good job.

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by surfichris on 07-11-2003 at 12:03 PM

You wont get much respect, nor help from users here especially myself and Patchou when you are using illegal copies of software... for starters there could be any problems, and second of all, its illegal.

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by wipey on 07-11-2003 at 01:05 PM

so does this mean my VB plugin doesn't need modified in any way:$?

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by user2319 on 07-11-2003 at 03:23 PM

nope

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by zigomar10 on 07-11-2003 at 05:50 PM

thanks, Patchou :bow::bow::bow:

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Patchou on 07-11-2003 at 06:10 PM

Yes, I bought my Visual C++ :)

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Gobelet on 07-12-2003 at 11:38 AM

Could someone make a mirror ? Everytime I try to download Plus! on the official website it just stops at 99 %...

Thanks !

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by user2319 on 07-12-2003 at 12:15 PM

just browse the forums..... you'll find mirrors

RE: RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Wouter on 07-13-2003 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJMystic
EVIL PATCHOU :@
I want to write an idle timer, and to do so i have to keep track of then the mouse moves
BUT cause you stinky little developer made initialize in a different thread, i can't SetWindowsHookEx properly :'(
Could you please help me out here? i made a temporary solution that you have to type /xhookme before the idle timer will work, but i think that stinks and i want it to initialize when the plugin is started!

so, now you got my opinion on this new trick of yours :D

Excuse me if it's a bit rude and offensive, but i'm quite pissed 'bout it :P

LOL anyways, sorry for being so rude & offensive... just needed to blow off a little steam ;)

Maby you could buy a book or something to learn how to program cause you can make an idle timer including mouse move
so don't go kill everybody because you're a bad programmer
RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Wouter on 07-13-2003 at 04:28 PM

Well i was willing to help you but i don't like it if people are being rude to me

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by wipey on 07-13-2003 at 04:55 PM

um, when's the latest msg plus final gonna be out? or is that a no no question:P?

RE: RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by Jef on 07-13-2003 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wipey
um, when's the latest msg plus final gonna be out? or is that a no no question:P?

Now. But, you'll have to find a mirror because the official site is down apparantly, and I don't want to put it under more load.
RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by wipey on 07-13-2003 at 09:59 PM

wheelly? not the one at the top of this thread?

RE: Last update before the public release. READ! :) by wipey on 07-13-2003 at 10:00 PM

oh yea sworry:$