Shoutbox

Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists (/showthread.php?tid=12819)

Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-11-2003 at 04:39 PM

you can download the plugin here http://www.freedownloads.be/Plugins.zip

it is a vb plugin, make sure you have the latest plus version, copy the dll to the plugin folder, register it and execute the reg file.

at this moment the plugin has 9 commands

/xwmpabout (no explanation needed)

/xwmp (directory)

first function, if you don't specify the directory it will  show the media files (currently supported mp3,wmw,mpg) in your received files folder and enabling you to play them. If you specify a directory it will display the files in that directory

enables you to listen, send and delete media files

second function, previewing the files you receive while you are receiving them, if you execute this command while receiving a file the dll will recognise this and you will get the possibility to preview it, DO NOT DO THIS, it will cause a fatal error!!! i havn't figured out the file encryption yet.

/xwmpopen (filename)

fairly straight forward, you have two possibilities, one you give a filename, media player will be opened with the given file if the path is correct (in fact the same as the run command)

two, you don't give a file name, an open dialog will show where you can pick your mp3 (other media types are possible but you will have to type them cause i only set a filter for mp3)

/xwmplist

This command will open a playlist editor. With thanks to predatory kangoroo

/xwmpslist (playlist)

if you don't specify playlist this command wil show your current playlist in the messenger window (make sure that windows media player is opened, it doesn't have to be playing but you should be able to see your playlist in it).

if you specify a playlist the command will show te songs in this playlist.

/xwp

plays or pause the instance of wmp

/xws

stops wmp

/xwn

next item in your playlist

/xwb

previous item in you playlist

what should be coming

-real previewing once i figure out how i have to decrypt the temporary files TFRxxx.tmp, i could use some help here

control of wmp from msn:

-setting your nick to the title of the song playing

-getting current song

Known bugs

- when using xwmpopen, the command isn't ignored by messenger and will be send to your contact, so don't use filenames you don't want your contact to know about

- no error handling!!!! so be carefull

- the layout sucks (i consider this a bug )

- clicking on stop or closing the play window may take a long time (a few seconds)

-if you use the /xwmpslist command without specifying a playlist and while wmp is just opening or opening the media guide, wmp will crash. This has no further consequences for your system (wmp will restart without problems) but i'm working on it.

The plugin should be getting a bit usefull by now, expect more to come.

suggestions are always welcome

(note: some people report problems when using several plugins, compatibility problems, if this is the case with this plugin, pls let me know)

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-11-2003 at 07:36 PM

UPDATE

minor bugfixes and changes and removal of some obsolete code.

and people who downloaded this plugin, pls tell me what you think of the commands so far, your feedback would help me improve them.

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-11-2003 at 10:48 PM

Just discovered a bug, if you use the /xwmpslist command without specifying a playlist and while wmp is just opening or opening the media guide, wmp will crash. This has no further consequences for your system (wmp will restart without problems) but i'm working on it.

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by xiLLeNtz on 07-12-2003 at 02:30 AM

Okay man.. you must nvr heard of Palladium or w.e... Hehe, I'd ceck this out but I dont really use WMP :(.

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-12-2003 at 06:50 AM

what does palladium have to do with it?

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-13-2003 at 06:16 PM

added functions for controlling the playback of wmp

see the first post for more

/xwmppp
/xwmpstop
/xwmpnext
/xwmpback

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-13-2003 at 06:35 PM

updated the plugin menu of the wmpplugin

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-13-2003 at 09:57 PM

from now on playlists send with the xwmpslist can be longer then 1100 chars and give more information (the author).

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-14-2003 at 10:28 AM

fixed some bugs with the /xwmpslist command, also the list is splitted after a line and not in the middle of it

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Xerxis on 07-14-2003 at 11:56 AM

changed some commands to shorter versions

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by Animefan on 12-20-2003 at 12:20 PM

hope it works for the new plus :D
Animefan tested, it WoRkEd! My FaVoRiTe Plug-in is finally back :D

RE: Windows Media Player plugin with support for playlists by aNILEator on 12-21-2003 at 02:31 AM

is this the new WMPlus????