Shoutbox

MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS (/showthread.php?tid=12910)

MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by ZiPP on 07-13-2003 at 10:55 AM

Hey all,
Just to let you know the mess.be is currently down due to DOS attacks on the servers and floodings on the irc servers. These floods also affects #msnfanatic and #msgplus. We will keep you posted on updates. We are going to find the lamer(s) that has/is doing this.

Regards,
ZiPP
Mess.be

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by msntools on 07-13-2003 at 12:27 PM

Stupid fuckers , hope they will get caught. :@

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Tandy on 07-13-2003 at 12:51 PM

shit, fucken idiots, they will pay

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by surfichris on 07-13-2003 at 12:51 PM

#msgplus wasnt affected..

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by msntools on 07-13-2003 at 12:56 PM

I posted a news message on my website too , with a link to 'important message'

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Tandy on 07-13-2003 at 12:57 PM

mess.be seems to be up now

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by ZiPP on 07-13-2003 at 01:00 PM

Mess.be | MsnFanatic.be | MsgPlus.Net | Neowin.net | Itselephants.com are the current sites hit by these attacks. I ask you please DO NOT try to access these sites at this time.

ZiPP

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by surfichris on 07-13-2003 at 01:34 PM

I added an announcement to the forums.. let me know if it needs updating ;)

RE: RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by msntools on 07-13-2003 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
I added an announcement to the forums.. let me know if it needs updating ;)

yeah i linked to that one on my website so be sure it's updated engough lol
RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Odin.EXE on 07-13-2003 at 03:05 PM

Those ROTTEN SON OF THE SHOOPUF!!!! They make me PISSED OFF!!! I hope those lamer play until they burn their a**!!!

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Vazza on 07-13-2003 at 03:10 PM

I'm obviously a REAL dumb blonde, but what exactly is going on :S. Could someone explain it to me.

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by theguy on 07-13-2003 at 03:17 PM

someone's hacked onto the servers of msn related websites.

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by God of the Devil on 07-13-2003 at 04:29 PM

proberly someone working for yahoo! mess.be seems ok to me

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by DXtremz on 07-13-2003 at 04:48 PM

No One "HAcked" the servers. Its called a Distributed Denial of Service Attack. Basically, hundreds of computers try to access the site at the same time, in hopes to overload the server. Well. It worked. mess.be is back up, and neowin, msgplus etc...but a few are still down. msnfanatic is down and itselefants is down. All of them were nailed off the net by the same person. not too much info is known, but i do believe there are a few names and places that are being looked into.

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Jef on 07-13-2003 at 05:08 PM

The one thing I don't understand: What's the point in DDoSing random sites?

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by DXtremz on 07-13-2003 at 05:10 PM

It appears it wasnt random, the people who did it had a reason, they have something about the msn community. I dont know what. But it wasnt random. It hurt my comp alot :@ ..They came into the chat and sent me about 250 PMs and it froze up my comp :@...they did it about 4 times :|

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Vazza on 07-13-2003 at 05:59 PM

Thanks for clearing it up. I understand better now.
:blah::blah: I had to let my anger out somewhere but I'll keep some so when the person(s) are found, I can't vent some on them too

* Vazza doesn't want you to see her when she's mad

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by DXtremz on 07-13-2003 at 06:00 PM

:) Glad I could help :P

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by theguy on 07-13-2003 at 06:34 PM

:blah::blah::blah::blah: those idiots!!!!! hopefully they get put in jail for life! :blah::blah::blah:

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-13-2003 at 07:43 PM

It's surely a well planned attack, and I doubt if they will soon be found . . . I even doubt they will be found at all. They probably are with plenty and I'm verry sure they're using zombies so it will be a hard job finding them. Let's just hope they don't do it again. Perhaps someone would have to try to find out if there are communities on the web that are against msn related sites (perhaps ICQ, Yahoo! messenger or AOL-messenger communities) and that would backup such an attack. Undoubtfully there will be left traces of the planning of the attack left on the internet, now we should try to find them (undoubtfully to find them ever, but was just a thought).

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Muss on 07-13-2003 at 11:04 PM

They aren't going to be found.

End of story.

They will do it when they please, and there is basically nothing that can be done :undecided:

Still good to call them fuckers though :D

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-13-2003 at 11:05 PM

:lol:

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Tandy on 07-13-2003 at 11:54 PM

does anyone have any idea as to who may have done it :/

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-13-2003 at 11:57 PM

there can be plenty of people done that...ICQ lovers, yahoo! messenger lovers, AOL-messengers lovers,..... microsoft ;-),......

RE: RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Tandy on 07-13-2003 at 11:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .::Krypt0n4t3::.
microsoft ;-),......

:lol:........................imagine the chaos
RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by wj on 07-14-2003 at 12:03 AM

They touch this server and they will have the FBI and me chasing there ass's down.

I'm monitoring this server now constantly and am prepared to counter there efforts.

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Tandy on 07-14-2003 at 12:14 AM

good one wj, at least we know its being kept safe (Y)

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Pr0xY on 07-14-2003 at 12:15 AM

oh wow......?!?!?!microsoft!?!?!?....now why would they do that??? lol, those fucking l@mers...why cant they do this to the yahoo messers or the aol messers??? god I'm pissed

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-14-2003 at 12:18 AM

Because these sites sometimes post programs that can break privacy law, msg plus! doesn't do that, so yeah, well I don't know:p

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Tandy on 07-14-2003 at 12:24 AM

microsoft wouldnt do that, its the aol/yahoo fucken losers who would

MSN MESSERS WILL UNITE, FIGHT AND FIND OUT WHO IS BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE STICK TOGETHER

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-14-2003 at 12:42 AM

Yeah I know M$ wouldn't do that, but it was just a thought ;-)

HELL YEAH!!!WE'LL UNITE!!!!!! ...and crush them...

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by lylesback2 on 07-14-2003 at 02:08 AM

hehe, he owns u all... but still they need to put mess.be back up :P

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by lylesback2 on 07-14-2003 at 02:23 AM

oh, just to keep you updated.  mess.be has come back online from whatt ime i seen it come onkline @ 10:22 my time... and the hacker / hackers won't keep it up for long.  i don't think there gonna give up until it has been fixed / patched.

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Shadows_death69 on 07-14-2003 at 04:14 PM

Stupid mother fuckers they'll get caught dwergs has his rifle out :D

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Shadows_death69 on 07-14-2003 at 04:18 PM

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Pr0xY on 07-14-2003 at 04:53 PM

MUST...
KILL...
L@MERS...

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-14-2003 at 05:58 PM

Mess.be is still up :-) and it's now 19:58h in Belgium. Don't think they will attack again soon, because they know we are on watch ;-).

One of the things of becoming a victory is to tease your opponent and leave time between the attacks.

RE: RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by modoman on 07-15-2003 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Odin.EXE
Those ROTTEN SON OF THE SHOOPUF!!!! They make me PISSED OFF!!! I hope those lamer play until they burn their a**!!!

Lol that is true.
RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Shadows_death69 on 07-15-2003 at 12:59 PM

Well....maybe we all need rifles ;)

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Pure_BY on 07-16-2003 at 06:11 PM

Fucking stupid dumd fuckers, these fucking lil'bitches dont get any fuck whom they're fuckin' with, i'ma fuck them all up, muf'fuckaz :@. They dont even fuckin' get the fuck what the fuck will happen if someone finds out who fucked with all the shit.
I hope some niggaz from Neowin will find it out and FUCK THEM UP.

With all my love to Mess.be and MsgPlus!, with my respect to Neowin and MSN|Fanatic, ugggrrrrhhh :@ Shit...

I think everyone knows how i fuckin' feel :angry:

And, i dont think these are some Yahoo! or AOL lovers, why would they fuck up Neowin than, huh?

I think these are just some fuckin' people who want to be cool or somethin'... Or who made a deal with their friend for 100 bucks that they will fuck up everythin' MSN-related

Too bad they didnt touch http://messenger.msn.com , otherwice my beloved (i am serious) Microsoft will fuck them up seriously...

FUCK!!!

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Kryptonate on 07-16-2003 at 06:16 PM

They're not attacking every msn related fan site, there are hundreds, thousands of them, they(re only attacking the best known. And Neowin isn't that much involved with msn, strange they attack him as well.

RE: MESS.BE DOWN DUE TO DOS ATTACKS AND FLOODS by Pure_BY on 07-16-2003 at 06:34 PM

yeah, thats what i'm talkin' about

A official word from Neowin. by Jef on 07-17-2003 at 06:47 PM

Link

quote:
Hi everyone.

As you all know, neowin has been down 14+ hours and counting now. I can not give any specific details but can confirm that neowin is once more the victim of a ddos attack.

I can not say when neowin will be up and operational but I ask that you all try to remain patient. Downtimes are never any fun and I assure you it is just as frustrating for us staff so we do understand.

Finally, I do not want to see any talk of retaliation please. This does not help our situation at all and will only serve to make us a target for further attacks.
Thanks.

Keldyn
Forum Super Mod.