Shoutbox

WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer (/showthread.php?tid=12993)

WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-14-2003 at 04:54 PM

you can download the plugin here http://www.freedownloads.be/Plugins.zip

it is a vb plugin, make sure you have the latest plus version, copy the dll to the plugin folder, register it and execute the reg file.

at this moment the plugin has 10 commands and one tag

/xwmpabout (no explanation needed)

/xwmp (directory)

first function, if you don't specify the directory it will  show the media files (currently supported mp3,wmw,mpg) in your received files folder and enabling you to play them. If you specify a directory it will display the files in that directory

enables you to listen, send and delete media files

second function, previewing the files you receive while you are receiving them, if you execute this command while receiving a file the dll will recognise this and you will get the possibility to preview it, DO NOT DO THIS, it will cause a fatal error!!! i havn't figured out the file encryption yet.

/xwmpopen (filename)

fairly straight forward, you have two possibilities, one you give a filename, media player will be opened with the given file if the path is correct (in fact the same as the run command)

two, you don't give a file name, an open dialog will show where you can pick your mp3 (other media types are possible but you will have to type them cause i only set a filter for mp3)

/xwmplist

This command will open a playlist editor. With thanks to predatory kangoroo

/xwmpslist (playlist)

if you don't specify playlist this command wil show your current playlist in the messenger window (make sure that windows media player is opened, it doesn't have to be playing but you should be able to see your playlist in it).

if you specify a playlist the command will show te songs in this playlist.

/xwp

plays or pause the instance of wmp

/xws

stops wmp

/xwn

next item in your playlist

/xwb

previous item in you playlist

/xwmpnick

will set you nick to the title of the current song

(!XWMP)

will show your current playing song

what should be coming

-real previewing once i figure out how i have to decrypt the temporary files TFRxxx.tmp, i could use some help here

Known bugs

- when using xwmpopen, the command isn't ignored by messenger and will be send to your contact, so don't use filenames you don't want your contact to know about

- no error handling!!!! so be carefull

- the layout sucks (i consider this a bug )

- clicking on stop or closing the play window may take a long time (a few seconds)

-if you use the /xwmpslist command without specifying a playlist and while wmp is just opening or opening the media guide, wmp will crash. This has no further consequences for your system (wmp will restart without problems) but i'm working on it.

The plugin should be getting a bit usefull by now, expect more to come.

suggestions are always welcome

(note: some people report problems when using several plugins, compatibility problems, if this is the case with this plugin, pls let me know)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by mey32 on 07-14-2003 at 07:13 PM

nice work man :)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-14-2003 at 07:15 PM

i don't even know if it works, i only tested it on a win 2k with wmp 9 dutch version, so if somebody with a different os who uses this plugin could tell me if it works...

RE: RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by mey32 on 07-14-2003 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxis
i don't even know if it works, i only tested it on a win 2k with wmp 9 dutch version, so if somebody with a different os who uses this plugin could tell me if it works...

will let you know later tonight man, just about to walk out the door.

XP and WMP 9:)
RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Vazza on 07-14-2003 at 08:04 PM

Tell me what I've done wrong rite?
Downloaded the plugin, unzip added to the plug-in folder and register it but still ain't working.
Using:[Image: windows.gif]  98 and WMP 9

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-14-2003 at 08:24 PM

make sure you have the latest version of msg plus 2.20.52 would be good.

have you restarted msn messenger?

try the command /xwmpabout that's a very simple command that can have no bug.

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-15-2003 at 09:43 AM

i admit the play/pause/stop/next/back commands don't always work, i'm working on them now, not that they are very important.

I expect to get the preview function ready by next week

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by joon on 07-15-2003 at 01:51 PM

u should make the now playing command a (!XTAG) instead of a /xcommand

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-15-2003 at 06:48 PM

i will do that as soon as i have solved some cooling problems with my processor ;)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Vilkku on 07-15-2003 at 07:09 PM

Ít won't show the currently playing, just Title: Plugin/author:

RE: RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by mey32 on 07-15-2003 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Ít won't show the currently playing, just Title: Plugin/author:

i had that problem too but when i closed winamp it worked fine :)
RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-15-2003 at 07:22 PM

xwmpsong will only work if you have an english version
if you have a dutch version use xwpsong n
if you have another version you'll have to wait a bit longer ;)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Vilkku on 07-15-2003 at 09:23 PM

ok, so no WMP plugin for me yet.... :'(

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-15-2003 at 09:28 PM

tell me which language version of wmp you have, and the first letter of the "file" menu, the first menu where you have functions like open save and so on. then i can make the plugin work for you 2

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-15-2003 at 09:59 PM

btw, i can't make a tag for the xwmpsong because you have to send what language you are using, and you can't do that with a tag.

so i have to find a way first to do that automatically :)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-15-2003 at 10:08 PM

latest update solves the problems with following commands:

/xwp
/xws
/xwn
/xwb

they should work in this version, if there are any problems, pls let me know

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by warmth on 07-15-2003 at 10:56 PM

I'm a spanish speaker and I've the WMP9 and [Image: windows.gif] XP, anything of your pluging make effect for me...

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-16-2003 at 06:33 AM

Ok for anyone who has a non english version of wmp

Tell me the first character of the first menu in wmp and your language. tnx

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-16-2003 at 09:37 AM

ok, the plugin should work now for all languages

the long expected tag (!XWMP)

and the command /xwmpnick

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-16-2003 at 04:30 PM

Yo people!

What a fuck is "register" shit?!?!

I put the dll in Plus! Plugins folder, opened that registry shit, and it said that somethin' is succesfully added, restarted MSN and this does nto work :|

As always, i have newest Plus! and newest WMP9, windows XP pro (for the moment no SP1 cuz' i need to format my hard drive soon)

??????

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-16-2003 at 04:47 PM

is there a new plugin menu-windows media player? otherwise the plugin isn't registered or loaded

and don't forget to execute the reg file

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-16-2003 at 04:58 PM

Where??? THere is nothing new in Plus! or WMP... or are you talkin about WMP > Tools > Options > Plug-ins???

THere is "Now Playing", but i'm not sure if it is yours...

And... is your Plugin a PLUS! PLUGIN or is it WMP PLUGIN??

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-16-2003 at 05:04 PM

it is a plugin for plus! which interacts with wmp, so it's not a plugin for wmp. You should copy the dll to the messenger plus! plugin folder

try c:\program files\messenger plus! 2\plugins, register it with regsvr32 and execute the reg file (also in the zip)

if you don't know what to do you can use a plugin installer (find them on this forum).

If the plugin is succesfully installed you should be able to see it in the plus menu you have in one of the messenger conversation windows

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-16-2003 at 05:15 PM

Aha, thanks...

And yo, i cant find any installer in this forum :-/

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-16-2003 at 05:28 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12568 havn't tried it, but should work i guess

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-16-2003 at 06:33 PM

Ahm, it doesnt work for me, but thanks anyways, dawg :)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-16-2003 at 06:35 PM

anyone else who has installation problems?

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Broomop on 07-17-2003 at 02:34 AM

ok i dont have a problem it works but the nick goes to xwmpnick and doesnt catch my currently playing song.. media player with addon pack thing and sp1 windows xp home.

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 07:40 AM

looking into it, (!XWMP) and xwmpnick use the same function so if one works the other one should work to. Do you know when this problem accures (or is it always)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-17-2003 at 11:56 AM

I've messaged these to Xerxis over MSN, but I should probably post these here so that others can see and know they're being handled...
The plugin will only work when the player is in full mode (because it's all done using API commands.  And if you try something like (!XWMP) without WMP running, be prepared to hold down escape for a while ;)

Works perfectly otherwise :)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Annon201 on 07-17-2003 at 12:36 PM

try getting the HWND of the window using "Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long", if it returns 0 then quit out the routine... that'll stop some of the problems assoiated with it crashing :)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 01:20 PM

thank you, i've already did, i'm now working on the final version which solves some major bugs. I'm also including errorhandling.

tnx everybody for testing

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 01:35 PM

btw, for the ones who are interested, i use findwindowex because i find that to be more reliable.

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-17-2003 at 02:40 PM

Hm... i see the new Plugins emnu now, but when i use (!XWMP) command it stops my song sometimes and it dispays some very wired shit, like a part of the name of the website (!) what i;m visiting, my nickname, etc... :|

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 02:52 PM

that's a limitation of the plugin, wmp has to be in full mode (like predatory kangoroo) already mentioned

but that is fixed in the final release which is now online.

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-17-2003 at 03:59 PM

Where is a link to that  final version?

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 04:01 PM

it's the same link (if the wmp is not in full mode, the command will do nothing)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-17-2003 at 04:04 PM

Oww, alright... It will be nice if you'll mention that in the first thread :)

But is it impossible to make a plugin for WMP in minimized mode or so?? :-/

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 04:09 PM

it looks to me that in vb it is :s

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-17-2003 at 04:11 PM

Aaaah, too bad :(

But well, good plug-in anyways ;) (Y)

Oww yeah.. It'll be also cool to have just (!WMP) command in stead of (!XWMP) ;)

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 04:22 PM

every command and tag of a plugin has to start with an x

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-17-2003 at 08:26 PM

Why? :-/

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-17-2003 at 08:35 PM

because :)

aka ask patchou

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-17-2003 at 10:40 PM

Lol, alright, i will :gfdrin:

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-18-2003 at 06:12 AM

Slim Shady, there is a way to let the commands work while not in full mode, but not in VB... I am working on a plugin like this (in C++) that'll do the same stuff, but without the flickering and in any mode.
But this works fine for now :D

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Xerxis on 07-18-2003 at 12:10 PM

minor bugfixes in new version 1.0.2

pls people let me think what you now of this plugin, i worked hard on it and will continue working on it if someone thinks it's good

RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Predatory Kangaroo on 07-18-2003 at 12:18 PM

let u know?
What can i say but... (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Pure_BY on 07-18-2003 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Predatory Kangaroo
Slim Shady, there is a way to let the commands work while not in full mode, but not in VB... I am working on a plugin like this (in C++) that'll do the same stuff, but without the flickering and in any mode.
But this works fine for now :D

GREAT!!! :gfdrin:

And, to Xerxis --> plugin is good! Only not very usefull to me cuz' i always have Windows Media Player in minimode in taskbar :-/
RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Animefan on 08-02-2003 at 09:08 PM

NOmatter what command im typing then NOTHING happens!! :(
I just put the dll file in the plugins directory and used the reg file, restarted MSN (or opened it cause it was closed) and well nomatter what Im typing none of the commands are working!? What shall I do? Shall WMP run when im typing then? is WMP 9 supported ?

RE: RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by mey32 on 08-02-2003 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
NOmatter what command im typing then NOTHING happens!! :(
I just put the dll file in the plugins directory and used the reg file, restarted MSN (or opened it cause it was closed) and well nomatter what Im typing none of the commands are working!? What shall I do? Shall WMP run when im typing then? is WMP 9 supported ?

you have to run

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\WMPPlugin.dll" (change the path to whereever you have plus! installed)

cos it was made in VB
RE: WMPPlugin now with current playing song and nick changer by Animefan on 08-02-2003 at 09:58 PM

Its working!!! JOY TO THE WORLD AGAIN!!! :D

hmm... maybe I should try restarting when something isn't working in the future ? :$