Shoutbox

Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? (/showthread.php?tid=13045)

Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by modoman on 07-15-2003 at 05:14 PM

Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? The time is 1:14 PM, July 15th. I cant get in it just sits there saying opening page msgplus.net

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by Kryptonate on 07-15-2003 at 05:17 PM

I reach it with delay (altough, that's on my Avant Browser, not in IE, there is "Can't find the server".

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by Dane on 07-15-2003 at 05:24 PM

Yes.  it is indeed being attacked.  Patchou is on the phone.

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by Kryptonate on 07-15-2003 at 05:28 PM

k, darn :s wish him luck ;-)

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by modoman on 07-15-2003 at 05:36 PM

Ya mine displayed Page Cannot Be Found after like 2 mins. What do yo umean patchou is on the phone?

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by Kryptonate on 07-15-2003 at 05:40 PM

on the phone = telephone (what else could he mean?:s) btw, site is back up :-)

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by modoman on 07-15-2003 at 05:44 PM

What would he be doing on the phone when his site was down?

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by bach_m on 07-15-2003 at 06:53 PM

getting the server to do a manual restart

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by zappy004 on 07-15-2003 at 06:55 PM

it's working now with no delay and with IE

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by Kryptonate on 07-15-2003 at 06:55 PM

perhaps . . he could ask some advice, or inform DaneSmith that the attackers are busy again so DaneSmith could be prepared if they would attack msgpluszone.com.
Or the server of msgplus.net stands with DaneSmith.

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by tgnb on 07-15-2003 at 08:59 PM

I don't agree with methods such as DOSing anyone.

However after his rude reply to my thread yesterday I am not at all surprised that he is now suffering such an attack.

No one deserves to get DOS'd but in my opinion his attitude is what brought this upon himself!

Too bad that his business skills are nowhere near his coding skills :(

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by Patchou on 07-16-2003 at 01:27 AM

what rude answer? if you did a post about the sponsor, maybe you should kn ow that you're the 40th guy I'm answering the same thing. If you were in my place, you would probably just have ignored the the thread.. at least I took the time to answer you :p

RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by dom. on 07-16-2003 at 05:43 AM

Yeah.. :) (I think more then 40 tho.. :-/)

And anyway, form what i heard, it was a kinda race/contest from a group of hackers.. They got mess and much more so it wasnt just patchou.. so its nothing to do with Patchou's 'attitude'..

RE: RE: Is MSG Plus! Homepage under attack right now? by tgnb on 07-16-2003 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
what rude answer? if you did a post about the sponsor, maybe you should kn ow that you're the 40th guy I'm answering the same thing. If you were in my place, you would probably just have ignored the the thread.. at least I took the time to answer you :p

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=12989

Your answers to this thread showing that your skills to piss potential customers off outweighs your software development skills.
The fact that I was the 40th guy to complain should speak for itself!