Shoutbox

Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 (/showthread.php?tid=13927)

Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 07-31-2003 at 11:11 PM

Status changed notifier notifies you when one of your contacts changes his/her status. The program also enables you to auto-message your contacts or run a program when a contact comes online.

This new version is skinnable, replace the original jpg files in the program folder with your own. Just make sure that all the buttons and checkboxes are on the same place and have the same size.

This is a release candidate version

known bugs are

-toast collisions
-toast click problems
-toast problems when scrolling

UPDATE VERSION 1.0.31: fixed the away-busy bug, remade the ignore-idle window

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Lareamond on 08-01-2003 at 12:35 AM

Nicely done. I don't like the idea of not being able to drag the main window around though. The toast is shown on top of everything but that's already been addressed as a known issue. Keep up the good work. :)

RE: RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by mey32 on 08-01-2003 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lareamond
I don't like the idea of not being able to drag the main window around though.

You can move the window around just click on it and drag :S

nice work Xerxis :)
RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by renio on 08-01-2003 at 05:13 AM

MMmmmmm very nice work Xerxis! Lookin' gooooooooooood :D

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 08-01-2003 at 07:16 AM

well, credits for the nice looking graphics go completely to Tim De Grave (also Freedownloads.Coding)

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by balai on 08-01-2003 at 04:30 PM

Can't make it work under winXP with MSN 6, is there a solution ?
error message :
"error while loading the messenger object, please make sure you have msn messenger installed, if you have windows xp, install/reinstall windows messenger"

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by balai on 08-01-2003 at 05:03 PM

Replying to my own message ;)
I apologize for being such a newbie not seeking for an answer in the forum before asking the question...
The thing is, I didn't have windows messenger installed and now it works fine...
One thing I didn't managed to do is to make the auto response message works... How can I do that ? I did the configuration but no message coming...
And can't I move the popup window because it always appears on top of msn messenger's popups...
Thanks for this stuff I've been seeking for for a long time ;)

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 08-01-2003 at 11:30 PM

you should make sure the contact u want the automessage to be sent to is checked in your list.

RE: RE: RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Lareamond on 08-01-2003 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mey32
quote:
Originally posted by Lareamond
I don't like the idea of not being able to drag the main window around though.

You can move the window around just click on it and drag :S

nice work Xerxis :)

My bad. I just realized my mouse is screwed up. :s
RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-03-2003 at 06:37 PM

LOL :gfdrin:

Well, VERY VERY good job, cool looking, everything is very very nice, and the main thing -- this is NECESSARY add-on :D

Well, its even not an add-on (oh well, it is -- for MSN Messenger itself than :D), its a full software, and very handy :)

Nice work, Xerxis :)

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 08-03-2003 at 06:56 PM

tnx, i hoped i could finish it on time, but i have to go now, so next month i'll finish it. wish me luck with my tests ;).

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-03-2003 at 07:39 PM

For those who want MSN6 style pop-ups, use this image as background:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13927&pid=116369]

;)

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Fl4sh3r on 08-04-2003 at 06:23 PM

Why do I have to have Windows Messenger installed on XP?

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by renio on 08-04-2003 at 06:27 PM

Fl4sh3r, because the Status Changed Notifier tool uses the API's from Windows Messenger (there was no other way) and... also consider the fact that you need Windows Messenger on XP to be able to use features of MSN Messenger (such as the Whiteboard and others).

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-04-2003 at 06:30 PM

Sumthing as useful as this should be added to plus! itself :P

RE: RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Fl4sh3r on 08-04-2003 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by renio
Fl4sh3r, because the Status Changed Notifier tool uses the API's from Windows Messenger (there was no other way) and... also consider the fact that you need Windows Messenger on XP to be able to use features of MSN Messenger (such as the Whiteboard and others).

So that's why my Whiteboard doesn't work :p

Thanks for the info
RE: RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-04-2003 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
Sumthing as useful as this should be added to plus! itself :P
Totally agree! Only its written in Visual Basic (i am right, yeah?) and Patchou works in C++, so Xerxis cant just share his code with Patchou... :-/
RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 02:36 AM

Real nice :D , but i would luv it if it could be made so they would have the same exact font and color of the msn pop-ups so they would look just like them for us using a msn style pop-up skin :D if u could do this id be o so glad :D

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 03:03 AM

Also they could use a red close button to close them like the real messenger pop-ups :P

RE: RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Underlord on 08-05-2003 at 04:22 AM

Nice add-on

Though... these additions would definatly imporove it alot.

quote:
Also they could use a red close button to close them like the real messenger pop-ups :P

quote:
Real nice :D , but i would luv it if it could be made so they would have the same exact font and color of the msn pop-ups so they would look just like them for us using a msn style pop-up skin :D if u could do this id be o so glad :D

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by martin on 08-05-2003 at 04:24 AM

the red button u change with the skin

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 04:48 AM

yah as a picture..... but u cant close the thing using a red button :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by martin on 08-05-2003 at 04:51 AM

o, well then he says that thats a known bug and his workn on cuz me talked to him on msn

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 05:04 AM

Blah!!! fix the text and button and i will install it and advertise for it , for now it will re-main un-installed :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-05-2003 at 08:59 AM

People, chill. You cant ask everythin' from just a plug-in, you know... I agree that those features with close button and font/color should be improoved, and when pop-ups go away it should not just disappear but also like "fall down" like MSN 6 ones, and a lot of other shit, but this's really not the reason not to have it installed :|

And yo, Xerxis is away 'til September, so there will be no update for like a month.

Just be happy with what little we have :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 05:04 PM

blah they take to long to come up :P if they where more like the real msn ones id install it :P and i hate splash screens!!!!! Sorry , nice work though :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-05-2003 at 05:36 PM

Yeah, that flash on screen when pop-up disppears is not nice.

Adn what do you mean by: "too long to come up"?

Btw, the add-on is posted on Mess.be :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 05:47 PM

yah i noticed and they forced me to download it. i meant the spash screen botherd me and as for coming up i mean how slow the pop-ups come up :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-05-2003 at 09:42 PM

Its a problem of your (co) i suppose, pop-up "races" with the same speed as pop-ups of MSN. Only if you use a very large background it will take longer to come up, but speed is the same. :S

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by renio on 08-06-2003 at 08:41 AM

Owkay...

let's get some things corrected over here...

- as mentioned by SLim Shady: Xerxis is unable to do further development concerning the Status Changed Notifier.

- don't like the splash screen?: go to the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Freedownloads.Coding\Status Changed Notifier) and edit the splash.jpg image (resize to a smaller version or anything else you like.... but don't delete the file)

- you can instantly close the toast-popup by right-clicking on it

greets

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by martin on 08-06-2003 at 08:49 AM

like mentioned before right clickn dont work for sum ppl, im the one who pointed it out to him cuz im still usen 98, and its a known bug, like said in the first post.  and he said the he'll continu development in a month when hes done wit hes test, and im lookn foward to future versions

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by balai on 08-06-2003 at 04:11 PM

Hey guys ! Does someone knowns if its possible to translate the menus and mainly the toasts texts ?
I'm French and my MSN Messenger is in french so it disturbs me to see these popups in english ;)
If there is a way you know, please tell me...
It's not a main problem thought ;)
PS : this program is very great, last thing to correct is the mess between MSN toasts & SCN ones... and when I right click on a toast it closes BUT the right click is transmitted to the window behind it (aka it shows me a right clic popup menu) !!!
Way to go, anyway !!!

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-06-2003 at 04:19 PM

I also run 98 :S if only programers had all OS's

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by martin on 08-07-2003 at 12:09 AM

that i know of there not translateable, but ill go in and and look at it in reshacker and c if it is, if not when xerxis gets back ill sujest it to him.  and i gots the same problem wit it bein transmitted to the window behind, and he know this

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 08-07-2003 at 12:14 PM

Hey people, i've read all your suggestions and i'm really glad so many people use this addon. Now, as pointed out several times already, i'm not at home this month so i can't continue development, however i will make following enhancements in september

- fixing the known bugs
- adding settings for the splash screen and popup speed of the toasts
- multi - language
- better layout
- better skinning possibilities
- close button on the toasts

hope you all like that, but now i have to get back to my books ;)

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by balai on 08-07-2003 at 04:58 PM

Yeah Xerxis you're a real great addon maker ;)
This stuff everybody was looking for, YOU did it !!!
Almost at Patchou's level, keep going on :)
Have a nice time with your books then ;)

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by dotNorma on 08-08-2003 at 05:08 PM

Good job Xersis its a nice plug-in :)..... i know i have posted a bunch but im just gonna put my ideas in one bundle in this post for u to have a look on...

1. Text skinning
2. Red close button
3. Increase speed of pop-up toast...
4. Thats all :P

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Underlord on 08-09-2003 at 08:30 AM

It would also be nice if they could move above the one before, like the msn messenger ones, so one is not behind the other.

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by renio on 08-11-2003 at 08:19 AM

Well... Xerxis... if you are going to add the extras mentioned by Messenger_Plus!, could you also foresee an 'options' feature in the toast-window (right below the red close button)?

Ow.. noticied something...
BUG: Selecting or deselecting 'Watch Events' options are not saved after you close the program.

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 08-11-2003 at 12:16 PM

hey everyone, first renio, that's not a bug (at least not in the real sense of the word) i just forgot it ;).

second i made an active x dll which displays the toasts and removes all the known bugs (i started from scratch again) and adds some things like the close button and options and they appear above eacht other (they behave just like the msn ones now). I will use this dll in the next version of my program and i will also distribute it, if some people would like to use it.

third, thank you messenger plus for all your suggestions, i will work on them as soon as i can.

fourth, my books aren't much fun :p

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Underlord on 08-11-2003 at 12:44 PM

Can you send me the dll?
Or upload it to the site?

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Xerxis on 08-11-2003 at 12:52 PM

no, because i have no internet access (i'm in a public library now) and that's also the reason why i can't continue my work on the status changed notifier. I will post it in september however if you still need it then.

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by thesilverglove on 08-15-2003 at 09:40 PM

does anyone else find that in the toast pop up, the colors arent really true to the jpg file? slightly lower quality..

RE: Status Changed Notifier RC 1.0.30 by Pure_BY on 08-15-2003 at 10:16 PM

If you dont like the colors of toast pop-ups, you can use your own image as background, or this one:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13927&pid=116369]

:)