Shoutbox

Laugher...makes you laugh out loud (Glitch fixed. 1.0.14) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Laugher...makes you laugh out loud (Glitch fixed. 1.0.14) (/showthread.php?tid=14050)

Laugher...makes you laugh out loud (Glitch fixed. 1.0.14) by Mnjul on 08-04-2003 at 05:22 AM

Laugher - A /xslol command of Messenger Plus! plug-in by me.
Please download the attachment as it has the complete Readme.

It plays a laughing sound on receiving the command. Your contact has to have the plugin so s/he can hear the sound too. The use is as simple as /scommands.

Compatibility and Installation
----------------
For those who want to continue to use Laugher with Plus! 2.50, you need to update your version.

Note for users upgrading from all previous versions: If the update fails, please close all your running Messenger before running the installer.

Please extract all of the files in the attachment, and run Installer.exe . You'll need VB 6 Runtime to run the installer, so if you get a error message when you run the installer, you probably don't have VB 6 Runtime. Hence, please download it Here

The Installation is completely automatic. If you get any message box of "Error!" after you click "Go!", please post about it on the forums. Meanwhile, you can try to install the plug-in manually.

Changes
---------------
Hopefully, the two silly problems, that sounds aren't played sometimes, and that Messenger crashes (winmm.dll module error) on playing the sound after re-sign-in, should be eliminated in this version.
Please note that this plugin hasn't been tested on the compatibility with polygamy-like programs. If some one makes sure of this for me, please reply.

Testers
---------------
Alec(Messenger_Plus!)
Thank Alec for providing the sound.

Version
---------------
Installer 1.0 Build 8 File Size: 15,360 Bytes
Plug-in File 1.0 Build 14 File Size: 55,808 Bytes

Bug Report and Suggestion
---------------
This is the second plug-in I've made...if there are any bugs or suggestions, please reply this thread, or go to my forums.

Giggggggle:gfdrin:!
Mnjul
2003/12/4

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by dotNorma on 08-04-2003 at 05:26 AM

hehe Look at the Tester list ;) infact other than mnjul himself i was the first person to try it :). hehe i even found the sound for him... :) im proud of myself , WDZ make me a admin for my acomplishments :)

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mnjul on 08-04-2003 at 05:29 AM

/xslol Alec, don't forget the programmer:p

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by dotNorma on 08-04-2003 at 05:34 AM

:P u hog all the glory , lol , i did it all!!!!! he is taking credit for my work :refuck: LOL

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by martin on 08-04-2003 at 06:39 AM

:lol: [Image: at.gif] Mnjul, nice work man great plugin

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by zigomar10 on 08-04-2003 at 07:18 AM

the sound doesnt get played on my comp :huh:

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.0.0602
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.20.0053

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mnjul on 08-04-2003 at 07:41 AM

OK guys, remember Patchou spent a lot of time solving sound problems? Maybe my plug-ins have some sound problems too...but as long as I'm far less good than Patchou, I don't really think I can fix them all:S

zigomar10, please close your messenger and try more...

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by zigomar10 on 08-04-2003 at 07:49 AM

now, i restarted msn and when i sent /xslol it crashed :o

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mnjul on 08-04-2003 at 07:59 AM

:|...wow, more terrible :\...
I use winmm.dll to play the sounds...so there shouldn't be any compatible issues:\

ok zigomar10, if you want to uninstall it please pm me...or you can just leave it there:p:)

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by zigomar10 on 08-04-2003 at 08:09 AM

nah, i'll just leave it there. where is the sound saved?

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mnjul on 08-04-2003 at 08:21 AM

well the sound is integrated into the dll file, as I used a .res file when I compiled the file...or this is just not allowed, patchou?

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by zigomar10 on 08-04-2003 at 08:23 AM

well, others heard the sound so i think its allowed

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Tandy on 08-04-2003 at 09:08 AM

does the other person need this plugin to hear it????

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mnjul on 08-04-2003 at 09:27 AM

Yes of course:)

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mojoe on 08-04-2003 at 11:10 AM

Well, if it doesn't work why not use the Audiator plugin and add a laughing file in MP3 format?

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by dotNorma on 08-04-2003 at 04:44 PM

cuz he spent lots of time coding it and he should be proud , and i found the sound. i knew homer simspon was the perfect fellow

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by chinieman2002 on 08-04-2003 at 08:35 PM

it works sum times and sum times it doesn't work
so far it worked once out of 100

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Choli on 08-04-2003 at 09:00 PM

Great Mnjul :)!
Buy i've got a suggestion: In the GetPublishCommandInfo function, fill the sHelp param with "about" only in the case of /xslolcon and leave it empty when /xslol.

RE: RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by Mnjul on 08-05-2003 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Great Mnjul :)!
Buy i've got a suggestion: In the GetPublishCommandInfo function, fill the sHelp param with "about" only in the case of /xslolcon and leave it empty when /xslol.

Thanks Choli...I'll change this in the next version.

As for the sound problem...maybe i'll change the player api:)
RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud by dotNorma on 08-05-2003 at 02:19 AM

umm....yah i dont understand any of that cuz i dont know VB but , u should be telling me cuz i made the plug-in and he took all the credit for it i coded it in my own scripting that i made up! he took the credit for what i did ! :refuck:

RE: Laugher.../xslol makes you laugh out loud (Updated 1.0.12) by Mnjul on 08-06-2003 at 05:47 PM

A new version has been released. Alec, update:p