Shoutbox

Making plugins in C++ Builder? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Making plugins in C++ Builder? (/showthread.php?tid=14163)

Making plugins in C++ Builder? by Hijacker on 08-06-2003 at 10:09 AM

I've started windows programming in Bornalds development tool and I am just wondering if it's possible to use it to create plugins for MSG plus or is VC++ a must have?

Another thing. Can someone give me a simple example of how to start making plugins. Like an example or tutorial source code.

Thanks.

RE: Making plugins in C++ Builder? by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 11:59 AM

as far as i know all you need is a compiler that can produce dlls, but someone else will have to confirm this. As for the source code, there is a fully compilable template available on the msgplus site. It can be found here

RE: Making plugins in C++ Builder? by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 12:00 PM

try compiling that source with your compiler. if plus recognises it, you're compiler is ok. If it doesnt, you may have to get your hands on a copy of another compiler (such as msvc)

RE: Making plugins in C++ Builder? by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 12:42 PM

Borlad C++ compiler should be ok for the job... thos the sytax of Borlands C++ is more like the way C++ was designed. VC++is like Microsoft always does, simplified, and more complicated than is tshould be ;) so compiling the VC++ source in Borland C++ might not work... some changes might have to be made to it.