Shoutbox

FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=14180)

FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 04:08 PM

Ok here it is :)

30 simpsons Quotes, from all characters.

new features:
- Disable sounds
- Share Plugin. ( /xSPshare and /xSMshare)
these new features are for BOTH Simpsons plugin and Southpark plugin.

Screenshot:
[Image: smsounds.gif]

get the newest versions here:

Simpsons sounds: http://www.whacko.nl/files/smsounds.zip
Southpark Sounds: http://www.whacko.nl/files/spsounds.zip

ENJOY!

edit:

Thanks to [TJ] for most Homer sounds

edit2:

UPDATED Southpark plugin again... its now only 2mb instead of the 6mb it was :) i reencoded the wav's in it :)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 04:26 PM

Wacko what have you done !!!
It conflicts with my plugin =/

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by dotNorma on 08-06-2003 at 04:34 PM

to bad for you :| umm..... yah..... i can never get my freinds to install plug-ins along with me

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by dotNorma on 08-06-2003 at 04:35 PM

and whacko , how bout shorter commands like... /xsyoink :S

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Patchou on 08-06-2003 at 04:46 PM

great addition :)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 04:51 PM

no - its wackos plugin thats worse off
if mines installed, and you do /xSMold, you head /x101 and /xSMold at the same time, and if you do say /xSMyoink, you get the Audiator 404 message, and no sound.

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 04:52 PM

The southpark.zip file winzip says that it is a bad file
how can i solve it??

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:28 PM

Optimism_ a bit more info on YOUR commands would be easier for me to solve this...

in ALL my plugins i use an abbreviation of the plugin in this case SM in front of EVERY command to minimize conflicts.
ALSO... in the notify message I send: sCCnotify + SM101 + the message to be dsiplayed. where the 101 is the resource ID of the sound in the dll. and SM again as abbreviation of the pluginname.
SO... Optimism_ if YOUR sound is also played with SM101...
(SM101 is /xSMold)

well i hope you can give me some more info on YOUR "protocol" so we can try to solve this.

RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Art Crazy
The southpark.zip file winzip says that it is a bad file
how can i solve it??

i'll try to fix it.

Anyone else have this problem?
RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by KnightieBoy on 08-06-2003 at 05:30 PM

:S Southpark.zip-file seems to be invalid? :dodgy:

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 05:33 PM

Yes, it does...

the file is over 5.58 MB

To me even when I restart my PC it only downloads 2.45 MB (more or less)

:'(

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:33 PM

ill upload it again...

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 05:34 PM

ok

Notify me when you did it...

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 05:36 PM

ah
i spooted the problem, we both use the same syntax. I use /x(int) as the 5letter flag, and u use SM(int). All mine does is pull of the last 3 letters, remove the padding if applied, then apply it to the filename. So it seems whe have a problem

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by KnightieBoy on 08-06-2003 at 05:37 PM

Hmm southpark.zip file is invalid it says :|

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 05:37 PM

do you test for the presence of SM at the beginning of the 5 letter code? because i test for /x i think
il check

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 05:37 PM

to me is the same...

[edit] talking to Knightieboy

RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
ah
i spooted the problem, we both use the same syntax. I use /x(int) as the 5letter flag, and u use SM(int). All mine does is pull of the last 3 letters, remove the padding if applied, then apply it to the filename. So it seems whe have a problem

If YOUR plugin takes the last 3 letters of every command... then who hasnt programmed a CHECK to see if the command is really MEANT for processing??

why dont you use /xAU(int) and CHECK if the first 2 letters are AU ? just like i check if its SM ? and for the southpark plugin i used SP.
RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:43 PM

Art Crazy, Knightyboy, the southpark plugin is up again, please try again :)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 05:45 PM

Now it downloads to 4.45 (more or less) and still doesn't work

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by KnightieBoy on 08-06-2003 at 05:45 PM

WORKING (for me) :D :banana:

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 05:47 PM

Wait, I'll restart my PC and try to download again...

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 05:48 PM

no its ok, it was me - i did a strcmp >0 not a strncmp so it was my fault. i shall recompile plugin installer and redistrib mine. im an idiot for not knowing strncmp!

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 05:50 PM

Southpark.zip file Not working...

bad file!!

only downloads 4.50 MB (more or less)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 05:52 PM

oh and ty for the AU idea. changed /x to AU now.

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:56 PM

Art Crazy, maybe you should try removing you temporary internet files....

1. start ineternet explorer
2. open tools menu
3. Internet options
4. Temporary internet files > Delete files

then try downloading again... your temp folder might be low on diskspace.
if it still doesnt work please tell me, and maybe i can send it through msn :)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 05:57 PM

Optimism_ glad we could work this out :)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 06:00 PM

It didn't work but i'll try raising the hard disk space used to the Temporary folder

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 06:02 PM

Worked!!! (had to raise space used to the temporary folder to 10 MB

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 06:05 PM

thanks Wacko!! (ity's great, I only need to know when the new version of Audiator is available(so that they don't conflict))

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by KnightieBoy on 08-06-2003 at 06:08 PM

It's probably just me, but the sounds don't seem to work...well everythings else works now...downloading..extracting...and even the sentences appear but I don't hear the sounds... :S The sounds aren't disabled :S

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-06-2003 at 06:30 PM

Knightyboy... ill pm you a message with my msn email, might be easier if we try to fix the problem that way :)

also for everyone else... i updated my southpark plugin AGAIN ;P its now 3times smaller... only 2mb now :)

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-06-2003 at 07:55 PM

im glad we could sort it out too, especially as it was my fault :$

and thos wanting the newest audiator plugin, its already up (has been for a couple of hours now) just visit the audiator thread, or visit mine and MoRiAs site (www.mcgos.co.uk) and hit the downloads section.

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Art Crazy on 08-06-2003 at 07:56 PM

Ok...

Thanks alot!

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by tj on 08-07-2003 at 05:42 AM

woooohoooo!!!:Dgo whacko!!:Dlol glad to see i could help (and even get a bit of credit for it!:O lol:P) yayness , the american hero homer has his own sound pack!! score!!

-tj-

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Slack2116 on 08-07-2003 at 05:50 PM

OMGosh.  you are AWESOME.  so what your saying is that the only way people can hear these is if they DLD it to?
?

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-07-2003 at 08:43 PM

yes

RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by ]G[ on 08-07-2003 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Knightieboy
It's probably just me, but the sounds don't seem to work...well everythings else works now...downloading..extracting...and even the sentences appear but I don't hear the sounds... :S The sounds aren't disabled :S

same problem :(
RE: RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Lareamond on 08-07-2003 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ]G[
quote:

same problem :(

Likewise :( My system info:

Windows Version: Windows ME, 4.90.3000
Messenger Client Version: 6.0.0268
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.20.0053
RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by CodeChaos on 08-07-2003 at 10:36 PM

How do you make sound plugins?

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by optimism_ on 08-08-2003 at 11:44 AM

in c, c++, visual basic, and some other languages that make dlls. there is an api for c and VB on the plus! site, (?view=plugins), which include fully compilable source for you to customise for your own plugins.

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-08-2003 at 12:21 PM

ok there seems to be a problem with the sounds on win9x/ME but it seems to only happen since i put in the "Deactivate sounds" option :P ill see if i can fix it, otherwise i will post a version without the "deactivate sounds" option

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Leif on 08-08-2003 at 04:23 PM

Nice work, Whacko! But I would very much like an option to get the commands into my convo window without me typing them. Or is there a way?? I tried right clicking on an item - Open in Browser (what??) and Remove item (Qué? - does it really??).

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Whacko on 08-08-2003 at 07:54 PM

oops forgot to remove something from the template i made for myself :P those options should do anything tho :P

and about not typing the commands... well theres not much i can do about that... maybe copy it to the clipboard so you can press CTRL+V to paste it :P

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by reisyboy on 08-08-2003 at 08:20 PM

Looks gr8 :)

RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Leif on 08-08-2003 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Whacko
maybe copy it to the clipboard so you can press CTRL+V to paste it :P

That'd be OK. When??  :)
RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by kopykat2000 on 08-09-2003 at 08:02 AM

Little help please i have downloaded the southpark sound plugin but it does 'nt seem to work is this because the person i am sending it to has'nt got the pluggin or is there a way to install it to mesenger 6.

Just a newbie to the pluggin scene but like what i am reading

RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Leif on 08-09-2003 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kopykat2000
Little help please i have downloaded the southpark sound plugin but it does 'nt seem to work is this because the person i am sending it to has'nt got the pluggin or is there a way to install it to mesenger 6.

In the convo window, go to Plus! | Plugins. Here you have the option of sharing it with your contact!

Remember to tick/check the box Activate / Deactivate Sounds, otherwise you won't hear the sounds!
RE: RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by nl1jht on 09-05-2003 at 09:35 PM

quote:

Same problem here.. What can i do about it.

RE: FINALLY HERE!!!! SIMPSONS SOUNDS!!!!! by Sypher on 09-07-2003 at 09:18 AM

I installed it and my friend has also done that I don't hear sounds.. He hears all sounds, but I don't.. What can be the problem?