Shoutbox

can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? (/showthread.php?tid=14477)

can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-13-2003 at 08:33 PM

i need to make a msn plugin that will get someones name and add to it liek this (name) - (otherstuff) i dont know the scripts that can be used so a link to where to find this would be cool!

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by lylesback2 on 08-14-2003 at 12:31 AM

(!N)? lol wadda go broomop, you should ask me this stuff online lol.

or just make your name like his
/name (!N) haha

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by chris on 08-14-2003 at 05:37 AM

That was a hard one...

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-14-2003 at 10:05 AM

*SIGH* code in visual basic.

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Underlord on 08-14-2003 at 10:13 AM

What are you talking about?
/name (!N) isnt visual basic

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by saralk on 08-14-2003 at 10:42 AM

u dont need a plugin for that, here is what u do

1. In the contact list window go to Plus! » Prefrences » Quick Texts

2. Then type in the text area /nick (!N)

3. Now, in the alias box, type something like steal

4. then if you want that persons nickname, just type /steal in a message and then that will become your screen name

5. You can also modify it, so you can have /nick (!NP) (!N) - that will add the contacts name to the end of your nick name

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-14-2003 at 11:37 AM

ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need it for the plugin to change the persons name and add the relevent text after depending on an event.

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by dom. on 08-14-2003 at 01:38 PM

You cant change the other persons name.. unless you mean giving them a custom name, then its Plus! > Preferences > Contact List > Custom Names.. But you cant add any other stuff - yet..

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-14-2003 at 05:56 PM

ahhh i dont mean that i mean there fucking local friendly name.. and it changes to a event.. jesus!! as in ur name like my name is broomop i would like it to take my name and add some other text to it... depending on a event.

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by dom. on 08-14-2003 at 06:40 PM

Ooooh, someones a bit lairy.. :)

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-15-2003 at 01:20 PM

yep i am because its like talking to a wall, but at least the wall dont run on about crap. and also jump to conclusions when somthing that can be hacker related come into mind

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by M-Head on 08-15-2003 at 05:32 PM

I dont understand what you mean...if you do mean changing your contacts name, then that aint possible...

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 01:46 PM

HE means what I wanna do:P, which is type a command which chasnges YOUR OWN name in accordance to the command....I think

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by ling_vob on 08-17-2003 at 03:53 PM

on an event eh.. what type or events you lookin at?

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by kc2x on 08-17-2003 at 11:31 PM

i dunno if i understand u right but why dont u just go...Plus>>Preferences>>Personalised Status>>Predefined...and make a predefined status that would add a name tag suffix like: {whatever you want} to ur name and make an easy activation shortcut that u can remember. I cant tell u much about making a plugin that could be like
kc2x says:
/nickangry
kc2x is now know as kc2x - angry
kinda thing but is that kinda what u mean
anyways, just trying to help

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by lylesback2 on 08-18-2003 at 01:10 AM

maybe he's talking about... say a contacts name is "big george hairy beast" lol
maybe he wants to take that, add in like "big broomop hairy beast" like you can just edit any part of there name?
if not, i got NO CLUE wtf he's talking about

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by kc2x on 08-18-2003 at 04:49 AM

Broomop, we dont have a clue wtf ur trying to say. Plz take ur time and give a good example if this plugin is gonna move from the planning stages
[Image: ping.gif]

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by ling_vob on 08-18-2003 at 04:55 AM

i think i got ya bud.. victims name is "Big Gay Al" u wanna steal it and add a little extra to the end.. like "Big Gay Al Guy".. terrible example but its the first thing that came to mind lol

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by kc2x on 08-18-2003 at 05:18 AM

So u want to take someone else's name and then add stuff after it? is that the idea like to bug someone u who u are talking to and his nickname is "King Bob" u could type in /xname-sucks
and ur name will become "King Bob sucks" kinda thing? We need broomop to reply to get this straightened out.
[Image: headphones.gif]

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-18-2003 at 09:50 PM

do u guys know anything about coding geez i want to get the local friendly name and add to the local friendly name somthing else depending on an event. this is an example say i moved the mouse left: i want my name to change to Broomop - left... like that you get me!!! i want to make a plugin that does this automatically when typing a command!

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by wipey on 08-18-2003 at 10:14 PM

so ur after a command which runs another thread/program which monitors whats going on and changes your friendly name accordingly?
That could very possibly be done although you would have to ensure that after parsing the command and running the other thread that control was returned to msgplsu, otherwise it would freeze:S

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by Broomop on 08-18-2003 at 10:48 PM

what i want is a plugin that changes ur name on a event. i want it for a game it needs to read what ports are open, then do some meory reading as well. That is what will make up what i want to do. i can do the memory reading ok but not the Port Scanning.

RE: can a name changer and grabber be used in msn plus? by lylesback2 on 08-19-2003 at 12:43 AM

for directions of a mouse... umm, thats gonna cause alot of name changes lol
i know away without doing it wiht a plugin... but with plus.  if you type in quick texts and set them to like /name broomop (whatever) and that could be like Alt+1...?