Shoutbox

@msgplus.net Email Support - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: @msgplus.net Email Support (/showthread.php?tid=14583)

@msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-16-2003 at 10:45 PM

Note: Mail server is currently up, if it is not up for you, you are doing something wrong.

Incoming POP3 Server: pop3.blueshore.net

For outgoing mail server, please use the one provided to you by your ISP.  All ISP's provide one.  If you ISP does not, please refer to my previous sentence.

If you simply don't know what your ISP's outgoing mail server is, contact them.  They'd love to hear from you.

Use your requested username and password.  Please post any support requests regarding the mail account here.

Thank you,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tandy on 08-16-2003 at 11:36 PM

can you use messenger plus to checks for mail as a pop3 account???????

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-17-2003 at 01:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tandy
can you use messenger plus to checks for mail as a pop3 account???????

Yes, just go to Plus!, preferences, click POP mail, enter pop3.blueshore.net as the POP3 server, and enter your username and password.
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 08-17-2003 at 10:46 AM

How do you know if you are selected for a email adress? Ive send SonicBoom a PM before the tread was closed, so I hope I'm in, but I have had an email with: "you're in!!" or something like that. Is that right??

TWDman

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Johnny_Mac on 08-17-2003 at 10:54 AM

Note: I am openning up registration for email addresses as soon as the server comes back online Monday.  Please simply send me a PM.  It is important you include both a username and a password.

Please don't send me multiple PM's simply because you don't think I received the first.  Also, please do not email me requests for email addresses.

Thank you,
SonicBoom

Wait until Monday. ;)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Wabz on 08-18-2003 at 02:48 PM

It's Monday now and I asked nearly a week and a half ago

Can I have one Pleaseeeeeee

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 08-18-2003 at 04:16 PM

Apart from the POP3, is there / will there be any other way to check the mail? I mean webmail or something similar. I currently use POP3 but perhaps in a month I'd be insterested in the webmail too.

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bra1nwash on 08-19-2003 at 07:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wabz
It's Monday now and I asked nearly a week and a half ago

Can I have one Pleaseeeeeee

argh me 2...i have sent like 3 requests 2 from PM and 1 from email...and yet i still havent receive any reply!!!
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 08-19-2003 at 09:01 AM

Tuesday....

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by surfichris on 08-19-2003 at 01:48 PM

Send one request only. That means 1 including pms/email.

The server should be back online soon as the filters are corrected (if i am correct).

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-20-2003 at 04:33 AM

Hi,

The server was brought back online Monday morning, sorry about that.  Please don't send multiple requests, if I havn't responded, it doesn't mean I didn't get your first, and by sending it multiple times, you increase what I have to sort through.

Also, please do not email me requests, and do not email or pm me for support, use this thread for support.

Thank you,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ILUsion on 08-21-2003 at 09:21 AM

If you have a Hotmail account, you can add your POP3 boxes to your account (undr Options > POP3 or something);
not quite convinient, but if you have to check your e-mail from somewhere else, this is good enough , I think. (But you can only send through Hotmail accounts)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by segosa on 08-21-2003 at 11:18 AM

SonicBoom, I do not know what my outgoing mail server is supposed to be, nor do I know what my ISP's one is, I was pretty sure it was smtp.infonegocio.com but that does not work, my ISP is telefonica..I guess.. I mean this is spain, they don't help you here, perhaps if you have time you can find out what my outgoing mail server is supposed to be?

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 08-21-2003 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
SonicBoom, I do not know what my outgoing mail server is supposed to be, nor do I know what my ISP's one is, I was pretty sure it was smtp.infonegocio.com but that does not work, my ISP is telefonica..I guess.. I mean this is spain, they don't help you here, perhaps if you have time you can find out what my outgoing mail server is supposed to be?

Maybe your ISP is Terra (which is part of Telefonica). With terra you have to activate the email to get working. I never did that so I don't know how to do it. I use terra, and perhaps this phone number can help you: 906322333. Be careful, it's a expensive line (906). also there is a mail: info@terra.es. I hope that helps you:)
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bra1nwash on 08-22-2003 at 01:17 PM

finally u replied to my pm but i cant go to my msnplus.net acct...:( i followed the instructions u gave to me by typing the pop3 server name in msnplus preferences-->pop mail but it still didnt work...:( how come?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by segosa on 08-23-2003 at 03:44 PM

Ok its still not working for me :@ Please sonicboom, reply so we know wtf is going on

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-24-2003 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
Ok its still not working for me :@ Please sonicboom, reply so we know wtf is going on

I have 41 unread PM's thank you.  That is why I created this thread.  The mail server works perfectly.

When your mail client connects to pop3.blueshore.net and says:

user username
pass password

my mailserver logs you in, and performs perfectly.  If it is not working for you, it is something you are doing wrong, in which case, you need to post what you are doing, so sombody can tell you how to fix it.  I don't have 24 hours per day to spend giving free support for your free email account.  I am providing email to some people, if you don't know how to use what you signed up for, then maybe you need to go signup somewhere else, otherwise, you need to post in this thread and be a little more detailed.

That is all :-)
RE: RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-24-2003 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bra1nwash
quote:
finally u replied to my pm but i cant go to my msgplus.net acct...:( i followed the instructions u gave to me by typing the pop3 server name, username and password in msnplus preferences-->pop mail but it still didnt work...:( how come?

quote:
Originally posted by SonicBoom
you need to post in this thread and be a little more detailed.

is this detailed enough???:rolleyes:

I was referring to Segosa's post.  Bra1nwash, are you still having difficulty?  What error are you getting?  If you get invalid username/password errors, please send me the username and password you are using, to rbewley@friend.ly.net and i'll reset it for you.

Thanks,
SonicBoom
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Hova on 08-24-2003 at 04:17 AM

Would they need a program like Outlook to check their emails too inconjunction with MSN Plus?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 08-24-2003 at 04:34 AM

Hova: nope they don't....

BTW: It seems that half of the people don't know what a POP3 is or how to use it... Why they sign up anyway??? *sig*
Everything works perfectly for me since the beginning (taking in mind that the server was down for a while)...

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by segosa on 08-24-2003 at 06:11 AM

Its OK; its working now, I had to do a lot of complicated stuff but its working now

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 08-24-2003 at 05:35 PM

hmmm why cant I log-in into the pop3 server?? i typed my username and the servers and my password exactly as i did it in my pm. Loggin in via Telnet doesnt work too, so it cant be Outlook 2003 beta.....

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-24-2003 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TWDman
hmmm why cant I log-in into the pop3 server?? i typed my username and the servers and my password exactly as i did it in my pm. Loggin in via Telnet doesnt work too, so it cant be Outlook 2003 beta.....

If you've done everything on your end, and it doesn't even work through telnet, then perhaps I mistyped yoru password (doing hundreds, i can sometimes hit the wrong key ;)).  If that's the case, mail me the username/password you are using, and i will reset it.

Send email to:
rbewley@Friend.ly.Net

I don't think my PM box can handle any more... and i'm not in the habit of reading them anyway...

SonicBoom
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Guido on 08-25-2003 at 05:47 PM

Urhh sorry sonic, but...

quote:
All ISP's provide one.  If you ISP does not, please refer to my previous sentence.
Not ALL Isps everywhere provide an smtp. Some (cheapests and some free ones) don't provide pop mail and don't give you an stmp server.

Thanks for doing this for the community, btw.

* Guido vanishes again in time (H)
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 08-26-2003 at 12:03 AM

Ok i am confused, i cant email people out, well what do i put in the STMP box? because its changed from the pm i have from how it seens :s. And i get a box telling me to verify my email i have used a talk21 stmp because bt broadband dont let me use a stmp from them i have checked in their help files. But i have to change the email bit to reisyboy@talk21.com not @msgplus.net and when i email its a @talk21.com one. So how do i fix it? :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by kao on 08-26-2003 at 01:17 AM

:O Wabzorz is getting arsey! ;)

Is there still some @msgplus.net emails left?

* kao thought there was a limited amount and didnt bother asking

* kao goes off to try and get one :undecided:

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 08-26-2003 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
Ok i am confused, i cant email people out, well what do i put in the STMP box? because its changed from the pm i have from how it seens :s. And i get a box telling me to verify my email i have used a talk21 stmp because bt broadband dont let me use a stmp from them i have checked in their help files. But i have to change the email bit to reisyboy@talk21.com not @msgplus.net and when i email its a @talk21.com one. So how do i fix it? :)

Or you find another SMTP.
Or you put your @msgplus.net email address in the Reply-To: tag...
RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 08-26-2003 at 01:34 PM

quote:

errr, its SMTP, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, thats why you cant send your emails....
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 08-26-2003 at 01:43 PM

Hmm someone wanna hook me up with a @msgplus.net email addy:D i know there not taking them anymore but it would be awsome if i could get one...

RE: RE: RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bra1nwash on 08-26-2003 at 01:43 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
finally u replied to my pm but i cant go to my msgplus.net acct...:( i followed the instructions u gave to me by typing the pop3 server name, username and password in msnplus preferences-->pop mail but it still didnt work...:( how come?

quote:
you need to post in this thread and be a little more detailed.

is this detailed enough???:rolleyes:

I was referring to Segosa's post.  Bra1nwash, are you still having difficulty?  What error are you getting?  If you get invalid username/password errors, please send me the username and password you are using, to rbewley@friend.ly.net and i'll reset it for you.

Thanks,
SonicBoom

i already sent u an email...
RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by musicalmidget on 08-26-2003 at 01:50 PM

quote:

Place your ISP's SMTP server in the SMTP box. ;)
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 08-26-2003 at 05:00 PM

Oki did some searches over the web and found a free STMP server address that i can use, does anyone knwo teh BTOpenworld server i still cant find it in their help file all i can see is BTConnect and i am not that service :S

EDIT: Ahhh with soem guess work i found out i just had to change the wording to say BTOpenworld not btconnect ah simple, would have been alot easyer if they updateed all the help pages :@

BTOpenworld : mail.btopenworld.com

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 08-26-2003 at 06:13 PM

SonicBoom, have you received my email, which i sent you Sunday??

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 08-27-2003 at 11:40 PM

Sorry, I didn't remember getting your email, but im just getting so many of these things (pm's and emails) that i can't handle it all.  Everyone, please stop sending me requests for email addresses.

So, sorry about this, but if anyone who already has an account is having authentication problems, please send me an email with the following subject line:

MsgPlus Authentication Error

I will create a filter in my mailbox to sort through them all.

Thanks,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Dj Zeraja on 08-28-2003 at 12:18 AM

uhmmmmm is it safe to pop up my mail i heave so my thinking from it :S

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bra1nwash on 09-01-2003 at 08:25 AM

ok finally u read my mail...so tell me wats the problem? y i couldnt assess my msgplus.net acct? u said 'it must be a setting in your mail client' wat setting u mean?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 09-01-2003 at 08:46 AM

Man i really wunt a @msgplus.net  email :P can i please get one??

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by tomfletcherman on 09-18-2003 at 05:51 PM

ne way 2 reset 4gotten p/words, i havnt been allowed online 4 ages nd cant remember wat i set my p/w as

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 09-19-2003 at 04:49 PM

SB its down for people i cant login says cant find email server and a few others xsay its down to, any chance of knowing when it will be back :)?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=15698

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Stigmata on 09-19-2003 at 05:01 PM

im still waiting for feed back, i cant remember when i sent off the pm it was so long ago

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by tomfletcherman on 09-19-2003 at 06:03 PM

my outlook express dusnt let me recieve emails:

The host 'pop3.blueshore.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.blueshore.net', Server: 'pop3.blueshore.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 09-19-2003 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
my outlook express dusnt let me recieve emails:

The host 'pop3.blueshore.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.blueshore.net', Server: 'pop3.blueshore.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
Yup we thinks it down many are having problems just wait for SB to fix it :). Please no more posts quoting the above over and over

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 09-20-2003 at 12:52 AM

Sorry guys, we've just had a hurricaine (Maryland), and power it out completely and has been for about 24 hours at the datacenter where the server is.  Battery backup went out a while ago, and the backup generator is only powering essential stuff (core routers, etc), and msgplus email isn't horribly essential ;)

Sorry guys, it should be back up sometime soon, as last I heard power has been restored in the area.  The server may just not have come back up right upon restored power.  I'll see if I can check it out sometime tommorow morning, or have sombody else take a look.

SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Stigmata on 09-20-2003 at 10:42 AM

sounds very bad. is jackass_wanabe@msgplus.net still not taken.........

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 09-21-2003 at 02:39 PM

hmm still seems to not be working..  hope things arn't stuffed up too bad over there :undecided:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Wabz on 09-21-2003 at 04:13 PM

Well since it's up can I have my address now please sonicboom?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 09-21-2003 at 07:34 PM

quote:
it aint up here :undecided: it still doesn't work :(
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 09-21-2003 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Wabz its not up yet it still down :P
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 09-23-2003 at 04:27 AM

It should be up now...  Please let me know if you're still having problems.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 09-23-2003 at 04:30 AM

POP3 is up..... but what bout STMP :-/ ?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 09-23-2003 at 01:49 PM

OK, it's up, but I still can't login. I have already send you 2 emails with my username and password in the last few weeks.

HELP!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 09-23-2003 at 06:39 PM

Yup back now thansk :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 09-23-2003 at 08:29 PM

back up, thx :-).

I've got 3 W32.Swen.A@mm's in my inbox :undecided: thank you NIS :p :banana:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Wabz on 09-24-2003 at 02:19 PM

Hmmmm Cough Sonicboom I still dont have a mail account

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by musicalmidget on 09-24-2003 at 04:53 PM

Great, it works again...now to actually get people to email me. :P

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 09-26-2003 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KoalaBlue
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but mine has stopped working again today... :-/

Mines down to, same error :s

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 09-26-2003 at 03:48 PM

same here, no connection.

Swenn.a@mm? ¬ ¬

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 10-04-2003 at 08:45 PM

It isn't down... are you using pop3.blueshore.net for incoming mail server?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 10-04-2003 at 09:07 PM

SonicBoom can i pm you and ask for a email account? plase:D

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Shadows_death69 on 10-04-2003 at 10:02 PM

yea.. i know i want one to dont have one-- :'( :(:angry: had one::)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 10-04-2003 at 11:42 PM

quote:
It isn't down... are you using pop3.blueshore.net for incoming mail server?
yeah it's up again....... but it wasn't when i posted :P
what bout stmp? :-/
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 10-05-2003 at 04:48 AM

SMTP still doens't work (and I suspect it never will :-))
We have to use our own from our own ISP.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 10-12-2003 at 08:40 PM

Alright, in an attempt to try something a bit more stable, i'm trying FreeBSD as the OS along with PostFix for mail.  I will also be adding support for SMTP Authentication so you can use the same server for sending mail.

Unfortunately, it's going to be difficult transferring users over, so could everyone please email me the username and password they were using so I can create it on the new mail server?  Also, if you were still unable to get an account, please email at this time also.  I might as well add some more while i'm busy adding accounts.  Send the requests with the following subject please so I can easily pick them out:

MsgPlus Email Request

Please direct the email requests to rbewley@friend.ly.net

The new server will be setup tommorow afternoon.  I apoligize for the inconvenience, but I think it will provide a more stable mail environment for everybody and also gives those who missed out the first time, another chance for an @msgplus.net email account.

Thank you,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-12-2003 at 08:44 PM

Whereto do I have to send the email?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 10-12-2003 at 08:48 PM

Sorry,

Email: rbewley@friend.ly.net

Subject: MsgPlus Email Request

Thanks,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 10-12-2003 at 09:28 PM

Email sent :)

quote:
Alright, in an attempt to try something a bit more stable, i'm trying FreeBSD as the OS along with PostFix for mail.  I will also be adding support for SMTP Authentication so you can use the same server for sending mail.
Thanks a lot. An improvement is allways good (Y)
btw, will there be any site where we can check the mail without the POP3? ie: a webmail or somethig similar.
I like (and need and use) the pop3 but it would be great that feature

Anyway, thanks for the service and keep it :banana:
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 10-12-2003 at 10:54 PM

SonicBoom, Sorry i sent you an email it got the username and password but i put an alternative one in there and i accedently sent it before i finished sorry hope you can set up the first one:) i submited i wont send an extra email tho cuz  i think i would comfuse you. please if you need reply if you need an alternitive.. also the email was from papa__chris@msn.com and contact me back to that if you need
thanks alot:)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Wabz on 10-13-2003 at 12:43 AM

* Wabz hopes he gets one

* Wabz asked in August when I came back off holiday

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 10-13-2003 at 01:04 AM

How we know if we get it? well he mail us and confirm it or do we just keep trying to log on using the stuff we suppled?
* chris hopes he gets it:d

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-13-2003 at 01:32 AM

you shoud get a conformation email. at least that would make sence...

* bach_m hopes he gets one (yn)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 10-13-2003 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
i don't get it, also the ppl that have already a mail has to sent one :S

Yes, i'm sorry.  When I move to the FreeBSD platform, i'll need to re-add the info.

And pretty much anyone who asks for one should get one shortly, that's why I asked you to use a specific subject, so that it's nicely filtered into a separate folder for me.

Also, you will get a response by email once your account is setup also with details with server names, etc...

Changes/Improvements:
- Moving to a the FreeBSD platform, which should prove to be more stable.

- Outgoing mailserver.  I will be adding support for outgoing mail as well, so you will not have to use your ISP's mail server, you can use the msgplus one.

- Webmail.  Horde IMP will be installed so that you can check your email remotely, without POP3.

Hopefully, the improvements will outweigh the short downtime, while this is setup.  It should all be ready by tommorow evening.

Thank you,
SonicBoom
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 10-13-2003 at 03:52 AM

quote:
- Outgoing mailserver.  I will be adding support for outgoing mail as well, so you will not have to use your ISP's mail server, you can use the msgplus one.

- Webmail.  Horde IMP will be installed so that you can check your email remotely, without POP3.
WOW outgoing mail at least :D

WOW webmail :D

I'm so happy, I'm sure a lil downntime is not that important :P
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Chrono on 10-13-2003 at 04:18 AM

I want webmail!! :banana:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-13-2003 at 04:44 AM

oooooooooohhh. web mail..... i wonder... is there a way to export my hotmail contact list so i can use the same one for this account...

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 10-13-2003 at 08:45 AM

any idea on when the downtime will be?

[edit] changed the wording [/edit]

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 10-13-2003 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
any idea on when the downtime will be?

[edit] changed the wording [/edit]
its down now and SonicBoom is working on it atm. well mabey not this second be he is working on it today and he said it should be back up later this afternood.. i think if not oh well... at least were getting it:d
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-13-2003 at 01:40 PM

ya. i can't wait. i've always wanted a POP3mail... and i'll get rid of the huge ammounts of spam that i get!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-13-2003 at 01:41 PM

and i'll finally get to use a POP3 spam filter. i've always wanted one of those!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 10-13-2003 at 02:48 PM

Ahh yes, and I forgot to mention, you get optional SPAM filtering.  I'll have a webpage where you can enable/disable spam filtering, and "check the spam queue" to see what messages were caught by the filter.

I'll also have an address where you can forward spam that does get past the filter, so the filters can be modified to suit.

Btw, the new mail server should be up and ready by 9pm EST tonight.

Thanks,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-14-2003 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pip_the_grovy_cat
can i plz have pip@msgplus.net
You have to send SonicBoom an email:
quote:

Unfortunately, it's going to be difficult transferring users over, so could everyone please email me the username and password they were using so I can create it on the new mail server?  Also, if you were still unable to get an account, please email at this time also.  I might as well add some more while i'm busy adding accounts.  Send the requests with the following subject please so I can easily pick them out:

MsgPlus Email Request

The new server will be setup tommorow afternoon.  I apoligize for the inconvenience, but I think it will provide a more stable mail environment for everybody and also gives those who missed out the first time, another chance for an @msgplus.net email account.

Thank you,
SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 10-14-2003 at 04:46 PM

do we still use the "pop3.blueshore.net" as the incomeing mail server?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 10-14-2003 at 04:51 PM

thy're supposed to be up now, but i don't think we should keep using the blueshore stmp :S not sure though

let's wait till SonicBoom's official speech :P

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 10-14-2003 at 05:07 PM

mm yer it should have ey.. oh well, im sure it will be up when hes done with it. i can wait.
i stoped useing the blueshore stmp when he first asked us to use our isp's one.. although id like to have a better stmp server then my isp's.. too dam slow. sumtimes takes up to 2 hours for an email to reach sum1..

neway, back to skinning ;)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-14-2003 at 05:42 PM

does n e 1know when the "official speech" (:P) is gonna be?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 10-14-2003 at 07:01 PM

Seems to be off again :)

SB anything happened or just a tempory problem :)?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 10-15-2003 at 01:30 AM

hey i never got an email back from him did anyone els?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-15-2003 at 01:32 AM

i didn't :'( but SonicBoom hasn't made an anouncement on the forums... (i dont know if he was gonna make one) so i'm still hopeful

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 10-15-2003 at 02:51 AM

quote:

it's a downtime to change servers..... have you sent your mail asking for the new one ;)
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-15-2003 at 02:52 AM

yes. i'm not THAT much out of it!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by surfichris on 10-15-2003 at 05:52 AM

Please do not use smtp.blueshore.net unless you have permission from SonicBoom himself.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 06:53 PM

quote:
we have since we got a mail
You got an email? I hope you don't mean in the last few days, because I haven't had one yet! :'(
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 10-15-2003 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo1987
quote:
You got an email? I hope you don't mean in the last few days, because I haven't had one yet! :'(
no i mean the one i have from a long (not that long ) wll you get me, the first @msgplus.net :D

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 07:01 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
no i mean the one i have from a long (not that long ) wll you get me, the first @msgplus.net :D
Phyew... Kinda got me worried there :)
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Stigmata on 10-15-2003 at 07:02 PM

i havnt even heard of a reply for my @msgplus.net account

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 10-15-2003 at 07:02 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Phyew... Kinda got me worried there :)

me too. i just hope we get the stuff soon. i like new things :D
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 10-15-2003 at 07:03 PM

I think I'm gonna send an email to SB to regain my emailaccount :D

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Stigmata on 10-15-2003 at 07:08 PM

done the same

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 10-15-2003 at 07:09 PM

quote:
quote:

it's a downtime to change servers..... have you sent your mail asking for the new one ;)
#

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR done now had to make another email account to send the request :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bra1nwash on 10-16-2003 at 06:41 AM

argh...wheres sonicboom when we need him...

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by volkl on 10-16-2003 at 06:46 AM

:) i never even applied for a @msgplus.net email so im not havin any problems :chrongue:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-16-2003 at 09:15 AM

Could anyone tell me how to setup the outgoing mail server?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 10-16-2003 at 02:39 PM

anyidea of when the email will be back up and working? :undecided:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 10-16-2003 at 03:19 PM

Tochjo, read the posts in this thread and things will be clear. (you CANT use a smtp server, and for the new one, SonicBoom will explain in his email....)
For the others, I think SonicBoom will let us hear from him when the time is right..... :p

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-16-2003 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
read the posts in this thread and things will be clear. (you CANT use a smtp server, and for the new one, SonicBoom will explain in his email
Yeah, well, that's sort of the point. I received an email from SonicBoom:
quote:
Please use the following mail servers:
Incoming: pop3.blueshore.net
Outgoing: smtp.blueshore.net
You must enable SMTP authentication for outbound mail.
The incoming mail server works allright (I can send mail from another account to my @msgplus.net account, and I can receive it, but I can't send mail from my @msgplus.net account to another account...).

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by tomfletcherman on 10-18-2003 at 08:54 AM

my account dusnt wrk nemore, teh password is rong, but i kno its rite. do i hav 2 re-apply or sumthing?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-18-2003 at 09:01 AM

quote:

MsgPlus Email Request

Thank you,
SonicBoom
Hopefully that answers your question.
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 10-18-2003 at 09:13 AM

I received my reply Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:50:38 -0400.

Now, I can send email to my MSGPlus.net account from my Hotmail account, but I can't send an email from my MSGPlus.net account. The SMTP server isn't exactly working as it should, I think.

Ah well, guess we'll have to wait for SonicBoom's reply.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 10-18-2003 at 10:02 AM

lol.. nice 1.. 

well i guess it is an improvment on b4...  b4 it wouldnt even get that far. couldnt contact the server at all. so things r still moveing along i guess. my guess is that our user id's and accounts havent been readded yet and thats y it doesnt recognize the username and password.  but i duno, thats just my guess

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 10-22-2003 at 09:37 AM

is been agers.. and my email still isnt working.. whats going rong? it says i cant log into the server!.. that my password is rong.. but i know its rite, ive always used it..

will msgplus email eva be working again? :shocked:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Underlord on 10-22-2003 at 11:11 AM

i still havent got a reply to my email :-/
and its been like two weeks :S

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 10-22-2003 at 03:15 PM

Every time SonicBoom replyed with "Ok resend me an e-mail if you dont have an adress" or something I have send an email. Even with the "first e-mail adress" i couldnt log in. I think I already sent 5 emails or something, and he replyed to none of them.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 10-22-2003 at 03:26 PM

* chris is loseing hope too :( it was gonna be a couple days he left us forever... well i hope not i still got some hope

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by TWDman on 10-22-2003 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .::Krypt0n4t3::.
perhaps he's taking a fall sleep or so? ;-)

Well, let's hope not, because i forsee a long and cold winter...
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bra1nwash on 10-23-2003 at 03:24 PM

hmm...mayb hes tired of checking his emails and pm's which wud def b filled with all ur requests...:refuck: and then he decided to go 4 a holiday! hehe

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by surfichris on 11-02-2003 at 12:01 AM

Please send myself or SonicBoom Private Messenge with the address ([you]@msgplus.net] and the password you want (or you can opt to not send me a password and i will give you a random one).

If you had a previous account you will also need to follow this procedure to get your account recreated.

Thank you.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by user17033 on 11-02-2003 at 12:48 AM

i can receive my mails again (H) (H) (H)
thank you chris! (Y)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 11-02-2003 at 02:49 AM

:banana: PM sent.....

the web mail feaature is gonna be avaible

what about the outgoing mail?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 03:19 AM

yay! sent! finnaly, i will get 1!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by surfichris on 11-02-2003 at 03:42 AM

quote:
the web mail feaature is gonna be avaible
I'm looking into setting this up
quote:
what about the outgoing mail?
You can use the smtp server smtp.blueshore.net

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 03:01 PM

the SMTP doesn't work for me(POP3 (recieving) does, tho)! what are the exact settings that it needs????

i get this error:

quote:
Sending of message failed.The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server smtp.blueshore.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or else contact your network administrator.
and since noone else gets it, its probably my fault.  do i have a username and psssword???? does it need a port to connect to???
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 11-02-2003 at 03:03 PM

I think you know your username and password :)

Now, you don't need to set SMTP verification. Just use smtp.blueshore.net as SMTP server.

Can you tell me what program you use? Maybe I can help you  better then.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 03:04 PM

i use thunderbird (mozilla). how do i set hte password to use?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 11-02-2003 at 03:09 PM

I can't use the smtp server. Outlook says I can't sign in in at server and that I have to check the user name and password. I use the same config I use for pop3, so where's the problem?

Edit: I didn't read the last posts, but my problem is the same as bach_m's one.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 03:10 PM

thats the problem i have! i still dont know whats up with it. i might just use my ISP's..... if i can find the settings

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 11-02-2003 at 03:11 PM

It works for me with Mozilla :-/

Properties - Server Settings:
- Server Name: pop3.blueshore.net
- User name: name@msgplus.net
- Port: 110

Outgoing SMTP:
- Server Name: smtp.blueshore.net
- Port: 25
DO NOT SELECT "USE NAME AND PASSWORD"

This should work... Good luck :)

Edit: do not use SMTP verification!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 11-02-2003 at 03:14 PM

OK, it works now.
In outlook uncheck "my outgoing server (SMTP) requires autentification"

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 03:14 PM

still don't work :'( i'll just go find the  settings for my ISP *tear*

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 11-02-2003 at 03:43 PM

if the smtp server from blueshore doesn't work for you, use the one from your ISP :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 03:44 PM

i am. it works perfecty now :D

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by user17033 on 11-02-2003 at 03:46 PM

outlook works fine for me too when i uncheck the "my outgoing server (SMTP) requires autentification" option...

thanks again (Y)
i'm soooo happy to have my email back (H)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 11-02-2003 at 06:04 PM

errrr... When using the blueshore SMTP server I get this error when I send an email to domain @yucom.be:
"An Error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Please check the message recipients and try again."

BTW: there nothing wrong with 'yucom.be'...

BTW: the server doesn't need autentification, so this means that anyone can use this SMTP server? Then it wouldn't live long I guess... There are anonymous SMTP-server sniffers used for spamming... Once a anonymous server is discovered it has a short life-span...

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 11-02-2003 at 06:20 PM

quote:
BTW: the server doesn't need autentification, so this means that anyone can use this SMTP server? Then it wouldn't live long I guess... There are anonymous SMTP-server sniffers used for spamming... Once a anonymous server is discovered it has a short life-span...
I asked myselft that too. I tried to send an email without autentificating and I couldn't. I think that the fact that the server doesn't need autentification means that you have first to to "sign in" in the pop3 and then the smtp server works ok
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 11-02-2003 at 07:01 PM

Works great for me :D

Do what are the limits on file size send on the STmp does anyone know :D:)

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 11-02-2003 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
I asked myselft that too. I tried to send an email without autentificating and I couldn't. I think that the fact that the server doesn't need autentification means that you have first to to "sign in" in the pop3 and then the smtp server works ok

Don't think so, whenever you send an email, you don't have to have a POP3 server. And when you don't need to have one, you can't log in to one. Besides, it seems very unlogic to sign in into a POP3 account first before you can send with SMTP (two diff. protocols) That's the same reason why you could use the blueshore POP3 and the SMTP from your ISP....

BTW: and you could not send an email without autentification? I just thought you must disable autentification to send one with blueshore? I can't send an email when autentification is enabled....
Oh and it also seems that blueshore doesn't except certain recipient domains (which is an even stranger limitation)......
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by tomfletcherman on 11-02-2003 at 07:41 PM

my emails still tno wrking, ive sent an email 2 the address, nd it prob hasnt been added, but wat optins in outlook shud i change?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 11-02-2003 at 07:46 PM

quote:
BTW: and you could not send an email without autentification? I just thought you must disable autentification to send one with blueshore? I can't send an email when autentification is enabled....
nope. in outlook i made another account and put for smtp: smtp.blueshore.net and the others fields (pop3, user, etc...) I left them blanck or (it they are required) i put things like asdfsadf.
of course i have to disable smtp autentification to send mails :P
RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
my emails still tno wrking, ive sent an email 2 the address, nd it prob hasnt been added, but wat optins in outlook shud i change?

if u havn't recieved a reply (by PM or email, depending on how u sent the request), then u dont have an account. wait until u have gotten a respnce, and then u'll have ur details.
RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 11-02-2003 at 07:54 PM

quote:
nope. in outlook i made another account and put for smtp: smtp.blueshore.net and the others fields (pop3, user, etc...) I left them blanck or (it they are required) i put things like asdfsadf.
of course i have to disable smtp autentification to send mails :P

Aha, in Outlook, but outlook *beeps* big time and doesn't work like it suppose to... This proves that MS *beeps* things up when it comes to this. Question: Why would outlook check/login to a POP3 while the only thing you'll ask is to send a mail with SMTP??? In mozilla (hence any other client) I can do exactly as you discribe without a problem....
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 11-02-2003 at 08:07 PM

CookieRevised: I understand...
Well, the fact is that that should be fixed, shouldn't it? There should be autentification for smtp

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 08:08 PM

i'm up, but i dont use their SMTP.... so POP3 is working perfectly

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 11-02-2003 at 08:11 PM

Both POP and SMTP are down for me...
Ah well, I'll wait till tomorrow and see if it functions again then.

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 11-02-2003 at 08:48 PM

quote:
CookieRevised: I understand...
Well, the fact is that that should be fixed, shouldn't it? There should be autentification for smtp

Yep, agreed, 200%... For MS Outlook (hmmm... maybe dreams come true... one day...), as for the autentification: yep, it should, otherwise the server will be used for spam and die very quickly...
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by surfichris on 11-02-2003 at 09:26 PM

Once your account is setup you will receive a confirmation email.

I dont have time to do the requests i have in my inbox at the momment, ill do them at school or when i get home :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 11:18 PM

i changed the email addy for  my acocunt on this forum to my @msgplus.net one, and now i don get any notifications! what gives???

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 11-02-2003 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
i changed the email addy for  my acocunt on this forum to my @msgplus.net one, and now i don get any notifications! what gives???
are you still getting them to your old email address or just not at all period? umm also i dont think anyone had fun deleting post cuz this is page 18:p
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-02-2003 at 11:32 PM

i see it as page 9.......
andi dont get them at all, and its bouncing back my mail to my hotmail account

[edit] i  figured out the 9pg/18pg thing. i changed the number of post pr page :P[/edit]

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 11-03-2003 at 12:35 AM

Ok worked a few hours ago and now dead anyone ideas? Temp down :)?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-03-2003 at 12:53 AM

thats what i think. it keeps bouncing back my test emails form my hotmail account

[edit] now its working!i wonder whats up![/edit]

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Wabz on 11-03-2003 at 11:04 AM

It aint working for me at all and i need to set up my new passport under it :(

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by surfichris on 11-03-2003 at 11:32 AM

It currently appears that the provider's pop mail server is currently down.

I'm sure they are working on it, however i will notify SonicBoom about this when he comes online.

Also, just to let you know you shouldnt lose any mail as mail is usually bounced between servers before 5 days before it fails and gives up.

Sorry for the troubles

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-03-2003 at 12:12 PM

hmmmmm. oh well. its nothing major (noone knows about that account but me ;)). maybe u shud look into a new mail carrier.........:refuck:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 11-03-2003 at 06:19 PM

www.pigeon.org is good :p

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 11-05-2003 at 01:39 AM

:banana: t'z gud to 'ave mu mail bak :P

hehe .. finaly i can send things and not have to use the dodgy hotmail account :happy:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Apatik on 11-14-2003 at 04:07 PM

Is it still possible to get an @msgplus.net address? SonicBoom please answer me :'(:'( 2 PMs sent already..

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by musicalmidget on 11-14-2003 at 04:09 PM

I haven't seen SonicBoom in a while.  Perhaps you would be better contacting Chris Boulton?  I don't know if there are any left though. :-/

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 11-14-2003 at 11:39 PM

its still down right? i know it was up for awile but then im still geting error conection pop.blueshore.net error :(

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 11-15-2003 at 12:45 AM

Hey,

I'm still around.  Sorry, I have a ton of PM's, you'll have better luck contacting Chris.  It should still be up, make sure you are using pop3.blueshore.net though :-)

SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Apatik on 11-15-2003 at 12:53 AM

lol ok.. but using pop3.blueshore.net would be easier for me if i had an account xD

-------
Edit : Woohoo, just became a Junior Member ^_^

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 11-15-2003 at 01:16 AM

Hmm its not working for me i get this error... anyone els getting this? if so how can i fix it?
Edit: I got it to work i deleted the account and then re added it.. but what happend to make the error before?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by theguy on 11-15-2003 at 01:18 AM

Chris (the other one) said that your account had to be recreated. did you get that done?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by CookieRevised on 11-15-2003 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris
Hmm its not working for me i get this error... anyone els getting this? if so how can i fix it?
Edit: I got it to work i deleted the account and then re added it.. but what happend to make the error before?
That's the error you get when you try to send some mails...
* Or Outlook Express is configured to use the incorrect POP3 port (must be 110) or SMTP port (must be 25).
* Or you are on a an ISP that blocks their users using any SMTP server other than their own.
* Or the "My server requires authentication'' was still checked, and in order to work you must uncheck this, (look for my and Choli's posts in this thread -around november 1st- what this means)
* Or your username wasn't corrent: in previous setup your username was something like "blabla", now it is "blabla@msgplus.net"

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 11-23-2003 at 06:37 PM

Just, FYI, all @msgplus.net email accounts have SPAM filtering enabled.  If a message is identified as spam, the word "[SPAM]" is pre-pended to the message, so you can setup a rule in your mail client to filter them into another folder, or whatever you decide to do with the new feature ;-)

If you still need an @msgplus.net mail account, please do NOT PM me, as I have too many PM's to go through, and I'm really not sure what was answered or not.  Instead, please email me at rbewley@friend.ly.net and I'll set your account up.

SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-23-2003 at 09:00 PM

did u get htat webmail stuff set up?? or just pop3??? (i dont get spam at my msgplus.net account :))

New Webmail by SonicBoom on 11-24-2003 at 01:20 AM

Webmail can be accessed at http://mail.ly.com/.  Make sure you are using your full email address as username.

SonicBoom

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by BooGhost on 11-24-2003 at 01:47 AM

quote:
Webmail can be accessed at http://mail.ly.com/.  Make sure you are using your full email address as username.

SonicBoom
:o great testing :P

it just needs some gfd work :P

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 11-24-2003 at 01:54 AM

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to some design suggestions ;-)

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Guido on 11-24-2003 at 02:16 AM

quote:
quote:

SonicBoom
:o great testing :P

i hate horde :P
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 11-24-2003 at 02:19 AM

lol. i'm glad theres webmail now ( i can check it from work :P)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 11-24-2003 at 11:22 AM

quote:

SonicBoom
Webmail :banana: Yes!! :P Thanks, now I can read my @msgplus.net emails from university
quote:
That black background is a bit ugly, but I can live without nice colors in webmail
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 12-27-2003 at 03:58 PM

haveing problems with sending and getting email.. it send fine.. but it will send back an email saying;

quote:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.ly.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
then more details like email and ip after that.. and i also cant get emails from other ppl. i tryed sending an email to it from another working email and i never got it...

any ideas?
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 12-27-2003 at 04:21 PM

Yes, the emails sent by you from @msgplus.net will never reach the recipients: you will receive an email with the error as described above.

The emails sent to your @msgplus.net account by someone else will also not arrive; people who send you an email will see a "delivery status notification" report.

So basically, there is a problem that needs to be fixed ;)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 12-27-2003 at 07:12 PM

I've just tested and I can send from my @msgplus.net account as well as I recieve emails at that account. I works well for me.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Apatik on 12-27-2003 at 07:52 PM

* Apatik still hasn't got any answer about his @msgplus.net address, and he still wants one :'( :'(

It's Christmas *-)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Tochjo on 12-27-2003 at 08:05 PM

quote:
I've just tested and I can send from my @msgplus.net account as well as I recieve emails at that account. I works well for me.
Guess it has been fixed in those three hours; it works for me again :D
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 12-27-2003 at 09:47 PM

Sorry about that guys, we had some small mail problems, while we were "redundantizing".  Outgoing mail is redundant now though, so you shouldn't have too many more problems.  Sorry for the confusion, and hope you had a merry christmas!

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 12-27-2003 at 09:52 PM

quote:
"redundantizing"
:dodgy: wtf? :blah!:
quote:
so you shouldn't have too many more problems.  Sorry for the confusion
no problem :banana:
we only wish it works the best possible
quote:
, and hope you had a merry christmas!
you too ;)
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by ranicx on 01-09-2004 at 08:03 AM

there sumthing screwy going on with the email again :undecided: .. i cant recive any..  it just never arives..

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Stigmata on 01-09-2004 at 10:16 AM

i cant recieve messages any more so ive asked for a new address :P

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 01-09-2004 at 12:01 PM

i cna't get them either..... to quote Yosemity Sam: Somethings Scwewy here

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Dan N7650 on 01-09-2004 at 02:50 PM

quote:
i cna't get them either..... to quote Yosemity Sam: Somethings Scwewy here

Same here also it doesn't accept my password anyway of solving my password i've tried every password i knw it still wont work!
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by chris on 01-10-2004 at 10:01 PM

i dont knwo if it is just me or what but everytime i check for new messages it says cant find host.. i could recive messages cuz that was the account i used to get the myyboard download link and i got it...

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 01-10-2004 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
i cant recieve messages any more so ive asked for a new address :P
that won't help 'cause all the msgplus adresses are suffering the same problem, mine too :(
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by GiantSpider on 01-10-2004 at 11:03 PM

sorry is it 2 l8 2 ask (srry sonic) In all fareness 2 me i wasn't here when u asked

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 01-11-2004 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
sorry is it 2 l8 2 ask (srry sonic) In all fareness 2 me i wasn't here when u asked

send him a PM. this is for support, not "i want one". hteres a post on one of the pages.
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 01-11-2004 at 01:17 PM

quote:
send him a PM. this is for support, not "i want one". hteres a post on one of the pages.
he hardly comes he, it's better to sent him an e-mail, he gave the adress somewhere in this thread..
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Apatik on 01-11-2004 at 02:06 PM

* Apatik sent 2PMs and 2mails to sonicboom long ago and still no answer.. :'( :'(

Edit : mail sent to chris boulton.. *-) :'( :'(
jackass : thats NOT funny ^^

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Vantage on 01-11-2004 at 05:02 PM

Are you guys ever going to give out the @msgplus.net e-mail adresses again cuz I would like one :D

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 01-11-2004 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Are you guys ever going to give out the @msgplus.net e-mail adresses again cuz I would like one :D
Like I said before, send SonicBoom an e-mail about it
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by musicalmidget on 01-14-2004 at 07:30 PM

Hmmm, I'm still having problems with recieving mail.  Is this problem likely to be fixed any time soon?

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Stigmata on 01-14-2004 at 07:34 PM

i still dont recieve anything and it says that there are no new messages

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 01-14-2004 at 07:38 PM

I also have problems. Outlook says the server can't be found or something similar. Error 0x800ccc0d :-/

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 01-14-2004 at 07:56 PM

the first days nothing happend, he didn't gave an error but I expected an e-mail from someone but didn't get it so checked it by sending an e-mail too it and it never came at destination :undecided: but starting from today, I get the same error, weird :dodgy:

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by bach_m on 01-14-2004 at 07:56 PM

ya. i just stopped checking it. when my Plus! POP mail says i have mail, i'll look

RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by GiantSpider on 01-15-2004 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
he hardly comes he, it's better to sent him an e-mail, he gave the adress somewhere in this thread..

He says not 2
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Kryptonate on 01-15-2004 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
He says not 2
quote:
If you still need an @msgplus.net mail account, please do NOT PM me, as I have too many PM's to go through, and I'm really not sure what was answered or not.  Instead, please email me at rbewley@friend.ly.net and I'll set your account up.

SonicBoom

:p

or send a PM or e-mail to chris boulton :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by DXtremz on 01-21-2004 at 12:24 AM

Task 'pop3.blueshore.net - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

SonicBoom told me on Messenger that it was DNS issues :-/

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 01-21-2004 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DXtremz
SonicBoom told me on Messenger that it was DNS issues
then, could he give us the ip address?
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by DXtremz on 01-21-2004 at 09:40 PM

Wouldn't really matter if he did, unless you plan on telling your contacts to email you at choli@ipaddress  :-/

I'll as if he gets on again.

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Choli on 01-21-2004 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DXtremz
Wouldn't really matter if he did, unless you plan on telling your contacts to email you at choli@ipaddress 
:lol: you're right. I was thinking about me receiving mails so i can easyly change that bot not my friends :gfdrin:
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by reisyboy on 01-22-2004 at 06:21 PM

hmm its down well ill send a PM to Chris tomorrow if its not all sorted :) just to remind him :)

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by musicalmidget on 01-22-2004 at 07:06 PM

I think Chris is on holiday at the moment, or else it would probably be sorted by now. :-/

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Dempsey on 01-22-2004 at 09:55 PM

if any one wants a free forwarding email address then look here http://www.killercarrot.co.uk

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by SonicBoom on 01-22-2004 at 10:01 PM

The dns should be sorted, and no you wouldn't have to email username@ipaddress, because the MX record for msgplus.net is still in place, and correct.  It was just an issue with the domain pop3.blueshore.net.

Let me know if anybody's still having a problem logging on...

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by Chrono on 01-22-2004 at 10:09 PM

hey sonicboom, sorry to bother u but can i email u asking one or is it too late?
i had one before, but never asked for one again after u 'moved'

RE: @msgplus.net Email Support by tomfletcherman on 02-01-2004 at 06:46 PM

I asked for one, and I still havnt got it:( Can you please add my acount, ill pm you