Shoutbox

VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! (/showthread.php?tid=14585)

VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 12:16 AM

Okay this is soooo confusing, I've written a plugin in VB, and it works great, only thing is it loads it from where my DLL was output when it was compiled, not from the plugin folder, how do I cahnge this???

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by Hah on 08-17-2003 at 12:20 AM

Are you sure?

Didnt know that was possible.

Try placing the dll in the plug-in directory before your register it using regsvr32.

Dunno, might help

Hah

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 12:23 AM

cack, I already registered it, it's crazy:S I'm keep testin and updatin the one in the plugins dir but when I zip the one I compiled it just doesnt work with the one in the plugins....even tho they're exactly the same lol...craaazy, any way to unregister?

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 12:34 AM

Okay I found out how to unregister it, but it says it can't be found:'(....this is really...annoying....me!

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by Hah on 08-17-2003 at 12:40 AM

regsvr32 -u "Pathtoplugindll"

thats how to uninstall, if thats wot you did, did u restart messenger or use one of the various plus reset programs so plus loads the newly compiled plug-in up?

Also, you can try erasing the plug-in from the plug-in dir completely and see wot happens.

As you can see i have no idea wot im on about, but try anyway, my messing about usually gets stuff working.

Hah

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 12:40 AM

fixed:D check my other post.....

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 12:45 AM

when I typed the dll path tho it sed it couldn't find path "C:\Program" so I guessed I was doin sumthin wrong...for future ref how wud I type the dll path?

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by Hah on 08-17-2003 at 12:51 AM

Type in the path of the dll in quotes ("") like e.g. "C:\Program Files\..." or using ms dos short name style old stuff e.g. C:\progra~1\....

RE: VB plugin loading from wrong location? wtf! by wipey on 08-17-2003 at 12:57 AM

cool thx:D jus cos wen I make an installer...I'm gonna hav to kno:)