Shoutbox

MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone (/showthread.php?tid=14644)

MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Scito on 08-18-2003 at 08:06 PM

Hi everybody,

I haven't got good news, msn sites of Dutch owners (till now) and width 'msn' in there domain are gone at the end of the week. Why? Microsoft called the webmasters and claimed the domainname because 'msn' is a registered trademark. Not so good, I don't know if msn sites with English owners or an other nationality also must give there domain.. If so, msnfanatic.be would be gone to..

The sites that will be gone at the end of the week till now: msnicons.com, msnbase.nl, msnshit.com, msntools.net, msnskins.be, msn6.nl, msnskins.nl, msnnaam.nl and many more..

I've luck, I've also a Dutch MSN site, Scito.nl, but you can't find 'msn' in it ;)

It isn't good news, but this was predictable..

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Johnny_Mac on 08-19-2003 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scito
The sites that will be gone at the end of the week till now: msnicons.com, msnbase.nl, msnshit.com, msntools.net, msnskins.be, msn6.nl, msnskins.nl, msnnaam.nl and many more..

They're all shit and sponsored by each other. Or some crappy TXT ringtones thing. :@
RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Scito on 08-19-2003 at 04:39 PM

I know, but I think that msnfanatic.be will be claimed by MS.. They only need time, that's all..

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Wabz on 08-19-2003 at 04:49 PM

Shame www.mess.be and msgplus will still be around and our friends at msnfanatic will survive

RE: RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Johnny_Mac on 08-19-2003 at 05:56 PM

quote:
I know, but I think that msnfanatic.be will be claimed by MS.. They only need time, that's all..

Good point. (y)

Non of the messengers sites i visit have msn in the domain.

RE: RE: RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Scito on 08-19-2003 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:

Good point. (y)

Non of the messengers sites i visit have msn in the domain.

Lol, so you visit Scito.nl also? (H) :P
RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by lylesback2 on 08-19-2003 at 10:13 PM

there up..

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Kryptonate on 08-19-2003 at 10:17 PM

It's not the end of the week yet :refuck:

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by dotNorma on 08-19-2003 at 10:46 PM

shame.... Microsoft shouldnt do that.... Msn sites with plug-ins and add-ons draw in users..... Say a person some how hits the site or a freind tells them of a add-on for msn messenger and they think its kool? They might download msn messenger for the addy ? also if there are tons of fan sites for it people also think its a good IMing service. good thing mess.be and msgplus survive.

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by chris on 08-20-2003 at 08:57 AM

will the .tk ones get tooken too?

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Underlord on 08-20-2003 at 09:24 AM

I dont think it is possible for a company to claim .tk names...
because they are not actually domains, they are just redirections.

RE: RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Kryptonate on 08-20-2003 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
shame.... Microsoft shouldnt do that.... Msn sites with plug-ins and add-ons draw in users..... Say a person some how hits the site or a freind tells them of a add-on for msn messenger and they think its kool? They might download msn messenger for the addy ? also if there are tons of fan sites for it people also think its a good IMing service. good thing mess.be and msgplus survive.

yeah, but msn is a trademarked name and the law is the law :undecided:
RE: RE: RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Underlord on 08-20-2003 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .::Krypt0n4t3::.
quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!

yeah, but msn is a trademarked name and the law is the law :undecided:

Also Microsoft dont want people making illegal or even legal patches for there products.
RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Kryptonate on 08-20-2003 at 10:38 AM

yeah, they make the "patches" that "work" :refuck:

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by dom. on 08-20-2003 at 01:33 PM

ms also claim domains that start with windows...

windowsos.com (i think) had legal issues with ms..

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by saralk on 08-20-2003 at 02:41 PM

wot if there was a website with msn in it that had nothing to do with msn for example

timsnicecars.com

bad example but u get the point

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by kao on 08-20-2003 at 09:27 PM

that would most likely be safe, i think people mean that sites containing MSN in the domain which are actually to do with MSN are the ones with problems. timsnicecars.com is safe :P

RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by dom. on 08-20-2003 at 10:02 PM

good job mp2, is called what all teh n00bs call it - msn plus :P

RE: RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by Kryptonate on 08-20-2003 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
good job mp2, is called what all teh n00bs call it - msn plus :P

what does this got to do with the subject? we're talking about sites with msn in their name, btw, the real name for mp2 is messenger plus!2.
RE: MSN sites with 'msn' in domain gone by kao on 08-20-2003 at 10:31 PM

note the MsgPlus.net domain name :rolleyes:
Not MsnPlus.net :)