Shoutbox

MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. (/showthread.php?tid=14950)

MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by lylesback2 on 08-28-2003 at 11:11 PM

The creator of Plus! Tweak was [White]Shark.  His "Plus! tweak" homepage can be found here and to my amazement... it's like [white]shark just vanished.  The site still works, and his last update was Februray, 26?  We'll from the most i know, i think [white]shark died or something, cause i can't find any copy of plus! tweak, and no sign of him posting that he wasn't gonna finish his program.
Does anyone have any idea where this guy went or where i can tweak my plus?  i know theres a guide on the site on msgplus.net but the site doesn't load for me anymore.

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by reisyboy on 08-29-2003 at 11:35 AM

Hes prob not dead why dont you email him if that doesn't work have you chekce mess for you download? then i would check the irc channel see if anyone can dcc it you other that that no idea sorry :(

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Wabz on 08-30-2003 at 10:17 PM

[white]shark seems to keep turning up now and again I beta'd Tweak Plus and I think a lot of the settings that it modified can be done with Dz's php page he made

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by dom. on 08-30-2003 at 10:23 PM

im sure he said he did give up on it.. and i think he left the forums, cause someone made that thread about him.. i liked it with him around.. :-/

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Chrono on 08-30-2003 at 11:36 PM

lol well, someone could create a good tweaker :)
It would be great :D

RE: RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Choli on 09-02-2003 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
lol well, someone could create a good tweaker :)
It would be great :D

mmm *-) sounds interesting....
RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by lylesback2 on 09-02-2003 at 07:42 PM

i think it would be alot better then going into the regedit :P

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by louiseconnor on 09-04-2003 at 04:00 PM

what is plus! tweak?

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Choli on 09-04-2003 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by louiseconnor
what is plus! tweak?
Plus! has several features that only can be enabled/changed by going into the registry. There isn't any option in the Plus! > Preferences... menu to access them. A tweaker (in this case Plus! Tweak) is a program that show you all those hidden features and let you modify / change them (without going into the registry).
RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by lylesback2 on 09-04-2003 at 06:52 PM

heres the optiosn you can change
http://www.msgplus.net/index.php?view=help_registry
that should give you some clue how to change stuff... like i changed my event logger :D
[Image: attachment.php?tid=14950&pid=128794]
cool huh :P

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Wabz on 09-05-2003 at 11:27 PM

It wouldnt be too complicated to complete and if i could actually be arsed to ever code anything or spend time on a project i'd do it myself

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by lylesback2 on 09-06-2003 at 05:35 AM

why don't you code it?  or you to afraid of disappearing too... it seems like everyone who's attempted to creat this has gone missing...

(i know one person has only attempted this lol)

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by BooGhost on 09-06-2003 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback
why don't you code it?  or you to afraid of disappearing too... it seems like everyone who's attempted to creat this has gone missing...
:dodgy: Patchou must be responsible for this :dodgy:

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Choli on 09-06-2003 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
Patchou no, but someone else because if Patchou makes a tweaker... better he puts the options at the Plus! > Preferences menu. And also, Patchou gives no support to those features.
RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by BooGhost on 09-06-2003 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
Patchou no, but someone else because if Patchou makes a tweaker... better he puts the options at the Plus! > Preferences menu. And also, Patchou gives no support to those features.
i wanted to say that Patchou "make them desappear" ;)
RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by louiseconnor on 09-06-2003 at 06:35 PM

oh ok......is plus tweak legal? lol!!!:S:|

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by saralk on 09-06-2003 at 06:41 PM

yes it is, i think, but patchou wont support it

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Choli on 09-06-2003 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by louiseconnor
oh ok......is plus tweak legal? lol!!!:S:|
Yes, Plus! Tweak is legal. It doesn't modify any Plus! exe or dll. It only changes the settings stored at the registry (that can be done with regedit.exe too). Also, here, at http://www.msgplus.net/index.php?view=help_registry, you can find all the hidden settings for Plus! but (as it's said there) you have no warranty at all :)
RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by louiseconnor on 09-06-2003 at 07:44 PM

thats good then....i wouldnt want to insult patchou and his work by illegally modifying directories! :-#

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by lylesback2 on 09-06-2003 at 10:08 PM

patchou is part of a big comspiracy... he doesn't want anyone to edit his programs :lol:

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by Alamarco2 on 09-06-2003 at 10:57 PM

i would like a program like this. as i can't be fancied to go into the reg and make my own changes...too lazy :P. i would really likea program like this and i think if anyone has the skill to do so, then plz do it :), think of it as a token of appreciation to Plus! ;-)

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by bigru on 09-28-2003 at 09:36 AM

If patchou wanted in he would do it himself

RE: MSN Plus! tweak & it's creator. by chris on 09-28-2003 at 10:48 AM

Choli Made a new version that suports the newst plus http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=15789 and patchou acualy made a feature that has to be changed in the registry and it suposrts it so if patchou did wunt it well he would make it but im sure hes got better thags to do than make tweaks for his own programs:p but i like it:)