Shoutbox

Free your mind! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Free your mind! (/showthread.php?tid=15006)

Free your mind! by Patchou on 08-31-2003 at 05:25 AM

Hello everybody,

I know that I'm not posting very much these days on the forum, I'm busy with other projects (don't worry, Messenger Plus! is far from dead). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm in love with a recent anime serie called Azumanga Daioh.

If you're searching for a powerful (yet legal) way to escape from your life, because of your job, because of school, because of your parents, because of anything... give this anime a try, even if you don't generally watch anime. In this cartoon there's no monster, there's no giant mecha robot, there's no super power, there's no magic spells, there's no incredible adventure, there's no romantic story... there's nothing but the simple daily life of a bunch of schoolgirls. Before you even say/think anything about it, watch the first two or three episodes and you'll understand why I'm saying this serie helps you smile and forget about your problems.

I bet this serie will be released in America next year (it has been very popular in Japan last year) but you should try to find some episodes on the net before that to give you a little taste. If you're interested I'll rip the first episodes from my DVDs and post them on the forum.

This was just a little message to say hi :)
Patchou

[Image: art03.jpg]

RE: Escape from your life by Chrono on 08-31-2003 at 05:42 AM

Nice Patchou, Ill give it a try !
if u post some episodes i would be very happy :grin:

I use to go to an anime function every friday on my university, so they will probably show it soon :grin:

RE: Escape from your life by surfichris on 08-31-2003 at 05:49 AM

[15:45] <wdz> "escape from your life" - sounds like a topic about suicide :p
[15:46] <Underlord> haha
[15:46] <Underlord> ;)
[15:46] <KoalaBlue> that what i thought too when i saw the topic
[15:48] <Chrono> thats why i read it :P

:P

RE: Escape from your life by Chrono on 08-31-2003 at 05:51 AM

* Chrono slaps Surfi around a bit with a large trout.

:P

RE: Escape from your life by Patchou on 08-31-2003 at 06:51 AM

lol, is that how you see me? how dramatic.. if Messenger Plus! had to be the last thing I did in my life I would never forgive myself about it... I still got to save the world in Final Fantasy XII and Xenosaga Episode 2 ;).

Anyway, as long as you read the post, it all that matters :p

RE: Free your mind! by kao on 08-31-2003 at 06:56 AM

sounds good Patchou, would be very nice if you posted a few of the episodes indeed

* kao goes to find a nice 'legal' (;)) way to get some episodes

EDIT: i just thought :undecided: i cant watch it if its japanese speech :undecided:

RE: RE: Escape from your life by wacky on 08-31-2003 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I still got to save the world in Final Fantasy XII and Xenosaga Episode 2 ;).

:lol:

well, I read the post and I would shure watch it but I guess its not out yet here. I will when it comes out tho :happy:
RE: Free your mind! by Kryptonate on 08-31-2003 at 09:07 AM

gonna watch it :) (but then I need a japanese translator :undecided:)

RE: Free your mind! by reisyboy on 08-31-2003 at 01:38 PM

hmmm i will look into it:-) but ill get a nbook on it first :P

RE: Free your mind! by Patchou on 08-31-2003 at 04:09 PM

of course it's in Japanese with english subtitles :). I'll post some episodes soon.

RE: Free your mind! by reisyboy on 08-31-2003 at 08:10 PM

ahh Subtitles :D

No need for the book :D

RE: Free your mind! by Chrono on 08-31-2003 at 08:22 PM

U better go and give away the gamecube as U said u will do on saturday :lol:

RE: Free your mind! by Patchou on 08-31-2003 at 08:42 PM

I'm currently waiting for the selected winners of last sunday to signon :)

RE: Free your mind! by Chrono on 08-31-2003 at 09:54 PM

I want a damn gamecube !!! :'( :lol:

* Chrono wonders too..

RE: Free your mind! by reisyboy on 08-31-2003 at 10:08 PM

i want one to i must say :P hmmm wonder if i can bribe patchou :P

RE: Free your mind! by Wabz on 08-31-2003 at 11:46 PM

Patchou I'm suffering from Signin Problems at the moment plus your in a different timezone so you may as well hand over the gamecube :rolleyes:

RE: Free your mind! by Patchou on 09-01-2003 at 02:42 AM

lol wabz :p. Koala: I had blocked everyone today except those who won (I was very very busy). Don't worry, you'll be unblocked with everyone tomorrow :)

RE: Free your mind! by Skittlieboots on 09-01-2003 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Hello everybody,

I know that I'm not posting very much these days on the forum, I'm busy with other projects (don't worry, Messenger Plus! is far from dead). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm in love with a recent anime serie called Azumanga Daioh.

If you're searching for a powerful (yet legal) way to escape from your life, because of your job, because of school, because of your parents, because of anything... give this anime a try, even if you don't generally watch anime. In this cartoon there's no monster, there's no giant mecha robot, there's no super power, there's no magic spells, there's no incredible adventure, there's no romantic story... there's nothing but the simple daily life of a bunch of schoolgirls. Before you even say/think anything about it, watch the first two or three episodes and you'll understand why I'm saying this serie helps you smile and forget about your problems.

I bet this serie will be released in America next year (it has been very popular in Japan last year) but you should try to find some episodes on the net before that to give you a little taste. If you're interested I'll rip the first episodes from my DVDs and post them on the forum.

This was just a little message to say hi :)
Patchou

[Image: art03.jpg]

I've seen those girls somewhere, but I can't remember. I has a english name too,  I believe, but I can't remember it either. I'll watch though if it comes out, seems interesting.
~ Skittlie, who can't remember much, anymore.
RE: Free your mind! by Muss on 09-01-2003 at 05:37 AM

* Muss can't but help thinking that patchou is trying to get peopel to watch some hentai by this line 

quote:
there's nothing but the simple daily life of a bunch of schoolgirls

RE: RE: Free your mind! by kao on 09-01-2003 at 07:12 AM

quote:
of course it's in Japanese with english subtitles :). I'll post some episodes soon.

Sweet, thank you Patchou, please notify us when you post some episodes :D :banana: