Shoutbox

damn auto-messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: damn auto-messenger (/showthread.php?tid=15336)

damn auto-messenger by Patchou on 09-08-2003 at 02:38 AM

Yo,

here is a personal message to the community: could you stop using this new auto-messenger tool for no reason? there's nothing more annoying than receiving a 15 lines message when you open a chat to say hi. I now make a point to close any chat that "agresses" me when I open it (when your status is online, there's no need for any message).

Cheers,
Patchou

RE: damn auto-messenger by BooGhost on 09-08-2003 at 02:51 AM

Patchou seems angry :-/

btw
* BooGhost doesn't like Auto-Messenger neither

RE: damn auto-messenger by kao on 09-08-2003 at 02:57 AM

I agree with Patchou, its annoying as hell! you open up a convo with someone who is set to Online and then you start typing and you get this huge story about them being away and to leave a message :dodgy:

RE: damn auto-messenger by chris on 09-08-2003 at 04:17 AM

were talking about that thing that was talked about on mess.be right? well i used it and evryhitng for about a day and then decided its pretty much pointless... if someone has somthign to say thats that important they cn cal u or leave an email:p

RE: damn auto-messenger by Muss on 09-08-2003 at 05:05 AM

* Muss is guessing it is that thing WABZ uses :dodgy:

RE: damn auto-messenger by Wabz on 09-08-2003 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jehuty
once you have gone offline, this auto-messenger takes over with a pre-defined away message that you set, but it doesn't show you as being away, which can be confusing...

Yeah and I'm bored of it now I had it for five days and didnt get left a message of more than hi

RE: damn auto-messenger by Pr0xY on 09-20-2003 at 09:27 PM

yeah, after a while it does get bored, you think people would have common sence and just not do it