Shoutbox

[MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin (/showthread.php?tid=15352)

[MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-08-2003 at 02:52 PM

Check this out:

[Image: urbanmsn.jpg]

Believe it! It's the first MSN Messenger 6.1 skin... Urban MSN. Based on the Urban MSN Icon set by FOOOD. You can download it from Roland Underground.
P.S: This skin was made with the permission of FOOOD. You can apply a patch to remove the (beta) from the title.
Enjoy   :)

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 03:21 PM

its 6.1 ??? :s   ... how did u get all of those tabs???

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by reisyboy on 09-08-2003 at 03:44 PM

There all standard

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Shadows_death69 on 09-08-2003 at 03:47 PM

Well its not 6.1

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-08-2003 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadows_death69
Well its not 6.1
Yes it is. Download it and see for yourself.

Pretty good job on the skin, I like it.

* Hova starts getting rid of older skins.
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 04:33 PM

those tabs are standard ?? :S .. when i downloaded 6.1 beta from mess i only got the 3 tabs ive always had

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Sk3tch on 09-08-2003 at 04:48 PM

What we mean is if it does have custom tabs then it shouldnt be 6.1 specifically because it wont allow it (yet.. im hoping) and there not all standard.. i have only seen the face one on a custom tab.. never seen the game one and the NBC one i have never seen as standard.. but i could be wrong :P

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-08-2003 at 04:48 PM

It is 6.1... I just had the configcache.xml file backed up when I installed 6.1

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Sk3tch on 09-08-2003 at 04:50 PM

6.1 doesnt take the tabs from the configcache.xml though :huh:
either someone is tellin porkeys or you msn is very screwed..

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 05:01 PM

wooo ... guess what bud .. we just caught u out [Image: annoy.gif][Image: blast.gif][Image: troutslap.gif]:refuck: lol .. coz msn 6.1 reads its configcache.xml file off of a microsoft web server!

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-08-2003 at 05:09 PM

Download the skin before you accuse ok?

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Sk3tch on 09-08-2003 at 05:11 PM

The skin isnt part of what he means.. its the fact that he says he has 6.1 but yet you cannot have custom tabs.. (which he also saus he has).. :P  kinda shame really cause for a second there i was hoping someone had found a way.. :( o well

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 05:13 PM

exactly .... i dont see any custom tabs in ur pic Hova

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-08-2003 at 05:15 PM

I took them off. I know those tabs he had. And that is MSN 6.1 obviously.

Give me 5 - 10 minutes to get them back.

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 05:22 PM

ok .. ill give it to u .. it might be msn 6.1 .. but explain why its so called Creator didnt know a simple thing like the configcache.xml is hosted on a server for 6.1 ... and that would be something he would have needed to change some code and knew what he was doing for it to be locally stored

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-08-2003 at 05:23 PM

He didnt change any code. The tabs he has are msn alerts. Jeez. They can be set up for MSN messeger via http://alerts.msn.com/alerts/SignUpAlerts.aspx?rdr=1

There are no custom tabs he has. Those can be set up at the site above. He just signed up for them. Those are the default tabs, which need to be set up, as was stated before.

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Sk3tch on 09-08-2003 at 05:26 PM

Yea.. but what Shady means is he said he did them himself.  i.e custom tabs.. :P
Click Here

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 05:27 PM

well in that case .. i only thought it was impressive coz he tabbed it .... but thats ordinary im sorry to say.. if i was any good at graphic design i could do it myself

[edit] and if ur pic is correct Hova he hasnt even bothered to skin any of the convo windows... so basically all he has done is changed a few pics around (which came from somebody else) and slapped his name on it 8-) [/edit]

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-08-2003 at 05:33 PM

why are u all making a big fus about the tabs ???? Hova is correct, i didn't change any tabs and i don't have custom tabs. But that's not what this is about, this is about Urban MSN :)

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-08-2003 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shady090
well in that case .. i only thought it was impressive coz he tabbed it .... but thats ordinary im sorry to say.. if i was any good at graphic design i could do it myself
Making MSN skins is ordinary? Are you saying the work that booghost, darknights, and this guy anyone can do? I don't think so.

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Sk3tch on 09-08-2003 at 05:35 PM

lol very true..  but you confused us all by saying that you did have custom tabs.. we were making a fus because this would have been sweet if we could all have the tabs again. Anyways its a great Skin! :)

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-08-2003 at 06:00 PM

i sed its ordinary coz he slapped a few pics on it and called it his own!!! .. i am a very big fan of booghosts work ... in fact i sometimes help booghost with his matrix skin! ...

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-08-2003 at 06:02 PM

He hasn't wrote anywhere that he slapped on images, he said the icons were made by FOOOD. I would guess that he made his own images and then port them to MSN. Not such a small feat IMO.

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-08-2003 at 07:14 PM

quote:
i sed its ordinary coz he slapped a few pics on it and called it his own!!! .. i am a very big fan of booghosts work ... in fact i sometimes help booghost with his matrix skin! ...

I get what you are trying to say, it's true i did get the icons from FOOOD. But I did work on this skin, take for example the sign in animation... I know its kinda simple but it's very hard to find the border of every frame. And if you'd notice the icons in the options dialog you would see that only a few are made by FOOOD, the rest were made by me... and there some more stuff. And there was "slapping", I got permission from FOOOD to use these icons just in case you were wondering. If you would like to see more of my work, you can check this out.
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-08-2003 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by |Rolando|
I get what you are trying to say, it's true i did get the icons from FOOOD. But I did work on this skin, take for example the sign in animation... I know its kinda simple but it's very hard to find the border of every frame. And if you'd notice the icons in the options dialog you would see that only a few are made by FOOOD, the rest were made by me... and there some more stuff. And there was "slapping", I got permission from FOOOD to use these icons just in case you were wondering. If you would like to see more of my work, you can check this out.
I realy have to say this.. i was planning to do this skin, i even send FOOOD a mail..... damn

well at leat i'll download it and use it that way i won't have to work on it :P
RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-08-2003 at 07:57 PM

quote:
I realy have to say this.. i was planning to do this skin, i even send FOOOD a mail..... damn

hehe well i had been preparing for this for quite a while, but I was waiting till MSN 6.1 :)

Tell me something... if you had skinned it, how do u think the skin would have differed ?
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-08-2003 at 08:03 PM

well i would have used PPL08 in it instead of PPL15  and well i would have put for offline guy PPL08 with red T-shirt and for away  PPL15 then the icons i'll have used PPL08 and PPl15 behind, i don't know what you did, i'll download it later

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-08-2003 at 08:05 PM

btw did you got FOOOD's answer? how fast?

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Theo on 09-08-2003 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
Originally posted by |Rolando|

u mean u had an idea of ur own :O! !!! thats a first
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-08-2003 at 08:20 PM

well i'd be actually using FOOOD's icons, so no...... I would still not have an idea for my own ;)

[offtopic] I knew i had seen your sig somewhere else, i'm also a LP fan :D[/offtopic]

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by qune on 09-09-2003 at 05:59 PM

clearly this is ripped off by previous urban MSN messenger I made for version 5... it is just a STOLEN IDEA... damnit... come up with an original idea... instead of copying others...:@

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-09-2003 at 06:05 PM

i never heard about your skin :-/

and to tell the truth me and |Rolando| have nothin in common and just had the same idea :-/

the thing is that FOOOD's Urban Icon are just as good as to make a skin ;)

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by qune on 09-09-2003 at 06:07 PM

take this for instance...
[Image: urbanMSN.jpg]

is it something i'd make up in 2 minutes?.. even the "blocked" icon is the same... please don't tell me 'he happened to have the same idea'...

I was planning to release the urban msn messenger 6 after 6's final release but someone already has taken credit for it...

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-09-2003 at 07:49 PM

quote:
you got FOOOD's answer? how fast?

Well i got after 2 weeks but he explained saying he was on vacation.

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Theo on 09-09-2003 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qune
clearly this is ripped off by previous urban MSN messenger I made for version 5... it is just a STOLEN IDEA... damnit... come up with an original idea... instead of copying others...:@

yes same things happened 2me ^o)
RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-09-2003 at 07:58 PM

quote:

First of all I have never heard that there was already an urban msn. Different people can sometimes have same ideas.. IT HAPPENS. And judging from your avatar, it seems that your skin uses XP PPL09.ico where as my skin uses XP PPL15.ico. The Urban MSN/PPL Icon set is for the public ==> alot of people might come up with this idea... just like BooGhost. Its not one's fault for having the same idea as another. Still not convinced ?? Email FOOOD and ask him, I have been preparing for about 3 weeks...
RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-09-2003 at 08:12 PM

quote:
is it something i'd make up in 2 minutes?.. even the "blocked" icon is the same... please don't tell me 'he happened to have the same idea'...

I was planning to release the urban msn messenger 6 after 6's final release but someone already has taken credit for it...

Well qune... we do not have the same "blocked" icon, and here's the proof:

[Image: proof.jpg]

you can clearly see that you have used XP PPL09.ico beneath you red ban circle and i have used XP PPL15.ico .
and this goes for the last time: I NEVER HEARD OF YOUR SKIN !!! What are you so upset for ??? You can release yours and the users will judge which is better !
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by qune on 09-09-2003 at 08:20 PM

emailing to FOOOD is not necessary... I also got permission for using his icons... it is just tooooo *sorry for the language* bullshit... excuse me but that's my opinion...
btw... atleast work on the skin before you release it... all the status icons look crappy... and there are dozens of minor things to improve...

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by qune on 09-09-2003 at 08:23 PM

okay... I apologize if I'm mistaken but I still have my own doubts... but thats not an issue... maybe we can even work on something together?.. the aim seems to be quite samelike?..:D

or letting the users decide sounds good...

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-09-2003 at 08:29 PM

i better like qune top bar :P the one where the nick is displayed :P

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-09-2003 at 09:18 PM

quote:
i better like qune top bar :P the one where the nick is displayed :P

yeah it does look nicer... but mine is to fit the skin's theme
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Theo on 09-10-2003 at 12:37 AM

btw i noticed rolando ur neowin skin looks like an older version of a neowin skin by jabinc.tk =\

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-10-2003 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Theo 
btw i noticed rolando ur neowin skin looks like an older version of a neowin skin by jabinc.tk =\

Its true... there is some kind of resembleness but thats just because they both based on the neowin blue theme. And btw the jabinc skin is very unprofessional regarding that they have only the very few basic images skinned... where as my skin is a FULL skin having also the conversation windows based on the neowin theme.
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Sk3tch on 09-10-2003 at 07:34 AM

hey |Rolando|..  i like the Urban skin!  Good job :)

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Daniel on 09-10-2003 at 12:34 PM

can we get a third person who says u ripped penguin msn? :p

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Hova on 09-10-2003 at 01:35 PM

Is it "Lets beat up on |Rolando| day" or something? He made skins, other people made skins. Leave it alone.

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by BooGhost on 09-10-2003 at 06:25 PM

the Penguin Skin is just GREAT

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by |Rolando| on 09-10-2003 at 07:25 PM

quote:
the Penguin Skin is just GREAT

thx man :)
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Meksilon on 09-11-2003 at 01:13 AM

Qune I like yours, can you upload it? (as version 5 I hate 6) :D

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by qune on 09-11-2003 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Meksilon
Qune I like yours, can you upload it? (as version 5 I hate 6) :D

all in a good time...:) little patience please...

regards...
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Meksilon on 09-11-2003 at 12:21 PM

I just skinned my 5.0 out of Rolando's, i want to skin Windows Messenger 4.7 with yours now (so  they're different and complimentary). I also hate Windows Messenger 5, mainly because there's no email link :(

RE: RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Shadows_death69 on 09-11-2003 at 10:56 PM

quote:

BooGhosts skins rule !
RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by DarKnight on 09-12-2003 at 12:06 AM

Bleh.

It doesn't matter how many skins you've made, or whatever you do in them.

The only skins that are good in the eyes of news sites are ones like, "Mess.be skin" "Neowin.net skin" or some skin made from the design of a popular site.

I've made 13 skins. I know most are color changes, but they're still skins. When I see news of 6.0 skins on certain news sites they go on about how they're "100%" skinned, yet it's not possible to skin the whole thing.

I thought it was about how you fool around with messenger, mess with the messenger, etc. I didn't know it was suppose to be how much a person does.

Edit: BooGhosts skin rocks. Much better than some skins based off a popular site, and stuff.

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Meksilon on 09-12-2003 at 02:21 AM

Well perhaps it's because you don't have any screenshots. Personally I have modified both my EXEs and MSGSLANGs to be the way I like them so that when I do use them they work better. They are based on versions 5.0.054 (MSN Messenger) and 4.7.2009 (Windows Messenger). So if I do want to use a skin I'll add it to my own originals myself (which I've only done with urban thus far) here:

[Image: urban.png]

The many modifications I've made include (obviously) the idle tag in place of away, the removal of (Online) from your status, and the removal of the "my status" text complete removal of ads (except in Windows Messenger since I haven't found a program that can do it yet) but this includes removing the ads from Add a Contact and various other interface improvements including the removal of warnings, complete removal of "customer experience improvement program" options, complete removal of new version notification, etc:

[Image: better.png]

(Note that in my screenshots above there's no text in the inclusion box/add a contact. This is because the server that sends it to msn messenger I have blocked, not because of an error in the program).

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Pipish on 09-13-2003 at 05:53 AM

lol i hate urban msn the mess.be one rules and peguin :d

RE: [MSN6.1] Urban MSN Skin by Meksilon on 09-14-2003 at 02:23 AM

Yes well I want the other Urban MSN skin now, must have MUST HAVE!!