Shoutbox

.55 bug: File sending - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: .55 bug: File sending (/showthread.php?tid=15388)

.55 bug: File sending by Freeze on 09-09-2003 at 04:03 PM

<@Pooksy> sit on ur hand for 60 minutes
<@Pooksy> than jerk off
<@Pooksy> "the stranger"

No, seriously, i found another bug in .55: When sending somebody a file, I can't see the green bar anymore, and I can't see the file icon and stuff.. well, to make it a bit more clear -> SCREENSHOT!

RE: .55 bug: File sending by reisyboy on 09-10-2003 at 04:48 PM

Dont think its Plus!. Plus doesn't do any aditions or improvments to the Filesend. It probably more probably a MSN 6.1 Bug.

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Patchou on 09-10-2003 at 07:35 PM

in fact, that's Plus!, however, I would have to be able to reproduce the problem to find the bug... could you send me the log of this chat at mplus@patchou.com ? thanks,

Patchou

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Freeze on 09-14-2003 at 04:21 PM

Yeh that's not necessary: it's a messenger bug! because when i normally send a file [via the send file menu] it's displayed okay.. when i drag n drop the file, it fucks up, so i believe it's a 6.1 bug, no?

RE: .55 bug: File sending by KeyStorm on 01-17-2004 at 04:35 PM

Well, this' still happening to me and not only when I send, but when I receive.
The first transfer is usually OK, but the nezt ones, it seems like the link slips one character to the right (and gets useless) (see Freeze's shot). When finished I can't open the file with the link to it (it's also slipped and useless).
Not to talk about the thumbnail and the progress bar (that don't appear).

When I have an example I'll post it to show it clearer.

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Sypher on 01-17-2004 at 04:38 PM

Freeze, dat probleem heb ik ook.. het ligt aan MSN :)

Freeze, i've got the same problem, i think it is MSN...

RE: .55 bug: File sending by KeyStorm on 01-17-2004 at 04:41 PM

Don't you think MSN should have noticed yet?

RE: .55 bug: File sending by bach_m on 01-17-2004 at 05:00 PM

* bach_m is confused! .55 of what?? Plus!? 2.55?? whend that get released??? or is it still in beta?

RE: .55 bug: File sending by KeyStorm on 01-17-2004 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
* bach_m is confused! .55 of what?? Plus!? 2.55?? whend that get released??? or is it still in beta?

Maybe it was 2.xx.55, look at the dates...
RE: .55 bug: File sending by Patchou on 01-24-2004 at 07:13 AM

I'm pretty sure this problem should be solved in the latest version of Plus!. Please post a reply if it's not :)

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Tochjo on 01-24-2004 at 09:01 AM

It's still happening on random times for me :-/
Log is quite useless; it doesn't mention a file being sent or something al all...

RE: .55 bug: File sending by KeyStorm on 01-24-2004 at 12:53 PM

Well I'm using 2.54.74 and that's what still appears very often:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15388&pid=194608]

It has another bug I want to announce: The bug of "::D" It happens to me sometimes only with directly written smileys.

Well I think the bug is clearly represented in the screenshot. I added some comments to it, to focus them.

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Kings on 02-10-2004 at 10:27 PM

Just to let you know, it still screws up. It's not a real problem, but nonetheless still annoying tho. If you need any logs, just give me a holler.

In case you need version info:
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0207
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.54.0074

Cheers!

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Kings on 02-10-2004 at 10:31 PM

Hmm, after fiddling a bit more, my whole conversation seem to get out of whack. My contact sent me about 10-15 files (and each time it got screwed up more), but after a while URLs weren't being parsed correctly anymore, and my emoticons stopped working.

After I restarted the convo (opened-closed window), everything worked again. The URLs, emoticons and sending files.

RE: .55 bug: File sending by BooGhost on 02-10-2004 at 11:25 PM

this happens to me very often.. the only thing those time have in  common (most of the time) is a file transfer

RE: .55 bug: File sending by lylesback2 on 02-11-2004 at 12:42 AM

language bug?

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Patchou on 02-11-2004 at 08:58 AM

and I thought I had fix the problem once and for all. Are your contacts or yourself using colors in your name? also, are you using custom names or the name truncate feature? I would really appreciate if all of you who experience this problem could answer these questions.

I've added some kind of auto-fix feature in the next version of Plus! that should help fix the problem automatically when it happens during a chat, I hope it will be enough :).

RE: .55 bug: File sending by KeyStorm on 02-11-2004 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Are your contacts or yourself using colors in your name? also, are you using custom names or the name truncate feature?

No and no... :undecided:

Edit: I forgot saying I USE custom names

* KeyStorm should read more accurately
RE: .55 bug: File sending by Kings on 02-11-2004 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
and I thought I had fix the problem once and for all. Are your contacts or yourself using colors in your name? also, are you using custom names or the name truncate feature? I would really appreciate if all of you who experience this problem could answer these questions.
No colours, but I have set custom names.

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Huuf on 02-11-2004 at 06:41 PM

I also had it once, I got annoyed with it, formatted my pc and it was all ok =/

I never use color in my nicks, Only for testing purposes, and my contacts don't have them.

And I am to lazy to type custom names so also no on that question

And I use 98% off the time drag/drop

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Kings on 02-11-2004 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
I also had it once, I got annoyed with it, formatted my pc and it was all ok =/
formatted your computer? isn't that a bit over the top for such a small problem? :S

RE: .55 bug: File sending by .blade// on 02-12-2004 at 01:15 AM

Ya...lol....I mean that's like "Oh no! THE CAR HAS AN OIL LEAK! Let's re-build the enigne...." lol

RE: .55 bug: File sending by Huuf on 02-12-2004 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kings
formatted your computer? isn't that a bit over the top for such a small problem? :S

I use it every say 15 minutes, and after 60 retry's to fix it, I got tired of it, backup upped my data and formatted it