Shoutbox

WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin (/showthread.php?tid=15675)

WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-18-2003 at 01:34 PM

Version 2 of WMPlus. Nobody except me ever saw version 1, but it relied on an MS WMP plugin. This new version is an all-in-one package! Written in Delphi, with the actual plugin being only 22 kb!

What is it?

WMPlus is a plugin for Messenger Plus! 2 which adds the '/xmp' command. This command will display the current playing song in an instant message. You can optionally add parameters which will be added to the first line, after the song title, duration and status, for example:

/xmp <-- cool song!

Would display:

The Offspring - Gone Away [4:28, playing] <-- cool song!
Rating: :D:D:D:D:D

The rating is displayed using smilies which vary, depending on the rating. In the future further customization will be added which will enable you to configure the way the song is displayed, which emoticons are used, etc.

How does it work?

WMPlus2.dll contains both the Messenger Plus! plugin as well as a Windows Media Player plugin. This plugin has only been tested on WMP 9, and I can not guarantee compatibility with previous versions.

Installation is easy: the setup will take care of this. You should see an icon in WMP on the right bottom side indicating there are background plugins loaded. If not, go to the Plugins options and enable the 'Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin'.

For developers: this WMP plugin is compatible with the Blogging plugin as provided by Microsoft. It writes it's data to the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\CurrentMetadata.

I've got a feature request!

This is only the first beta version, but it works. At least for me it does. If you've got a feature you'd like to see, you can send me an email at wmplus at x2software dot net. Or you can just reply on this thread of course.

Download

Update: information about the latest version plus download can now be found on this page...

Hope you like this plugin! If not, an uninstall is provided, you can find it in the "Add / Remove Software" control panel :).

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 09-18-2003 at 05:01 PM

Getting an error, Sounds like a good plugin to.

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=133940]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 09-18-2003 at 05:10 PM

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=133950]

also forgot

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0114
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.21.0055
Windows Media Player: 9.00.00.3008

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-18-2003 at 05:10 PM

Doh, apparantly I compiled one of the programs with runtime packages... I'll fix it :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-18-2003 at 05:58 PM

Guess it wasn't that simple... none of the applications used the packages, so I built my own installer... but now my plugin won't respond to Plus anymore... I'm completely stunned... might take a while, sorry...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-18-2003 at 06:16 PM

Ok, done. Note to Patchou: the Plugins menu fails to update after the broadcasted message, though the plugin itself is reloaded...

I tried to add the plugin to the menu, but couldn't get the commands to be listed. Error on my part I think, but since this is beta anyways it'll come later. Tested this on a non-Delphi computer, seems to work this time. You can download the new setup from the same location!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by johngalt on 09-18-2003 at 08:18 PM

kewl - I need to check the plugins to see if there is one already for WinAMP.  I decided that the overhead of WiMP 9 was too much for my computer to have to deal with - especially since my music is all on a networked drive.  Hence, the (much) smaller footprint of WinAmp to play music files.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 09-18-2003 at 08:26 PM

Man, thanks SOOOOOOO MUCH, i would really kiss you if i could :'(

Thanks PsychoMark VERY VERY MUCH!!! I've been waiting for somethin' like this for a LONG LONG time, but nobody has done somethin' easy that actually worked! This is really really great :P (Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by JaymachRalTir on 09-18-2003 at 08:59 PM

For some reason the installer wont run for me...plus it downloads as a 309k file...

EDIT: Never mind...I got it working...amazing Plugin...a lot quicker than the previous Windows Media Player Plugin I have...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-19-2003 at 07:41 AM

@johngalt: then I've got a surprise for you... one of my friends already requested this one to be compatible with WinAmp as well (because (!WAT) is somewhat limited), so I've decided to integrate it :). However, this'll be WinAmp 2 only at first, if anyone wants 3 or other media players I'd need to know how to interface with 'em... but for now, WMP and WA2 are my primary goals...

@SLim Shady: glad to hear to like it! It's only the first version I smacked together in a day (after struggling with the WMP interfaces in Delphi, seems nobody has done that before, not even an import available), but it'll be extended for sure!

@JaymachRalTir: the download is smaller and has no uninstaller for the simple reason that I wrote my own installer in 15 minutes because the first one would give the rtl60.bpl error. Trying to figure out what caused it so I can go back to the nicer installer again...

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I'll try to fix the plugins menu, add the (!WMP) tag (as requested per email by someone), add more customization and hopefully, make you all happy :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 09-19-2003 at 09:09 AM

I got same message as i got before, so i clicked ok on it. Then it said it installed successfully.

It's working fine but got error on install.

Thankyou very much PsychoMark for this great plugin.

Also is there meant to be a menu for it in the Plus! plugins menu?

Thanks again :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-19-2003 at 09:21 AM

Which of the two did you get? The rtl60.bpl error?

As for the menu: I tried putting that in yesterday, but I only got as far as displaying the "WMPlus 2" menu, no subitem for the command. Probably made an error somewhere in translating the C headers to Delphi, I'll have a look at it (and the posted conversion on this forum if I remember correctly). I decided the menu item wasn't urgent enough to stop the fixed version from being released... it's all about next version now if the plugin is stable for everyone...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 09-19-2003 at 10:51 AM

Yes it was the rtl60 error.
After the message came up, I just clicked OK an it installed.

With the 1st version i downloaded, I got that error but when i clicked OK i got the 2nd message in my 2nd post.

It's working fine now.

I uninstalled the plugin just now an installed it again, No errors came up. Maybe i forgot to uninstall the other version an this is why i got error again. What do you think?

An about it being in the Plus! plugins menu, i don't really mind if it's not. I just thought it might of not been put in there from the error.

I have used it alot already an it's working great.
Thanks again PsychoMark.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-19-2003 at 10:57 AM

Doh, yeah, it was the first version giving the error. The new installer (which doesn't have an uninstall for now, sorry) unregistered the old DLL first, which means Delphi code in that DLL is called, thus the error occured...

Glad to hear the new one works better, with all the positive feedback I'm definitely gonna update this!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by M-Head on 09-21-2003 at 01:31 PM

cool plugin man, but how can i get the rating::D:D:D:D:D to come up?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-21-2003 at 01:35 PM

You mean it doesn't show any rating in the message or how to configure the ratings for each song? In the media library you can select up to 5 stars for each song (just click on 'em)... in the "Now Playing" list you can right-click on an item and select "Rate" (or something like that, I've got the dutch version so I'm not sure :))

If that's not what you mean, please explain :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by M-Head on 09-21-2003 at 01:50 PM

i know you can give each song a rating, but there are already set ratings for each song, i thought they'd be displayed instead of just certain ones u set one for

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-21-2003 at 02:41 PM

If you don't rate a song it has a default rating... I think I might need to intercept that and leave out the rating in such cases...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by M-Head on 09-21-2003 at 03:01 PM

nah, ive just tried it after actually rating a song, and it still doesnt appear...maybe I have to restart msn/wmp...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-21-2003 at 03:04 PM

After rating the song, make sure you switch to another song and back, otherwise it doesn't detect the new settings (did that on purpose, but I might disable the check-if-changed code)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by M-Head on 09-21-2003 at 03:09 PM

ok, cool. Its sorted then....thanks Psycho!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 09-21-2003 at 03:11 PM

When will you release new vesion with (!WMP) tag? :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-21-2003 at 03:48 PM

I have absolutely no idea, got a fulltime job and everything, but I'll try to finish it as soon as possible :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by F00FI6H73R on 09-22-2003 at 04:24 PM

Brilliant Plugin:D 1 problem though, after a day or so of working it suddenly stopped finding anything and it just says :

(no song currently playing)

even though wmp 9 is playing...dont know what could have cause it but i have tried reinstalling

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 09-22-2003 at 04:34 PM

Make sure that plugin is running in background of Windows Media Player.

You can see it at:

Windows Media Player > Tools > Options > Plug-ins > Background > Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin

It should be ON. If it's not -- check it ON :)

Hope that will help ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by F00FI6H73R on 09-22-2003 at 04:56 PM

so it was that simple:$ cheers man!:D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 09-22-2003 at 05:15 PM

You're welcome!

And cheers to Obie, not me :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user13774 on 09-22-2003 at 05:55 PM

Great work (y). I think I can make some friends of me very happy with this plugin :wink:

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Mike Litoris on 09-22-2003 at 06:32 PM

Great pluging.

Is it possible to have it change your name to the song playing?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-22-2003 at 06:35 PM

Maybe in a future version, but it's not on the priority list, and I don't even know if I'll ever implement it. The reason is simple: I absolutely hate it when people do that to their nicknames :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Predatory Kangaroo on 09-24-2003 at 01:50 PM

PsychoMark: I'm intrigued as to how you did this.  I have the code you can use to detect when the song changes, so if you message me, I can send it over to you :)
(Although it uses Remoting, not a WMP plugin, didn't think of doing it that way :$)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-24-2003 at 01:57 PM

I tried accessing the player remotely before, but failed to do so. For that reason I created a plugin, as it allows me to send basically anything to WMPlus. Right now I think I'll keep it that way. I can respond to basically anything in the plugin, from song position changes to swapping CDs (although you can also do that without WMP, but that's besides the point) or accessing the complete media library, as well as basically everything else in the player...

But if you want to send me details on how to access WMP remotely, I'm always interested... never know when it might come in handy :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Predatory Kangaroo on 09-25-2003 at 02:29 AM

I have a history lesson now, so I'm gonna try it again.
I had forgotten about my plugin because you needed to open a window for it to work, but it may be time to resurrect it...
If I can get it working, I'll post it here in a few hours, along with the source, otherwise i'll just post a remoting .exe.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-25-2003 at 01:36 PM

No need to hurry, it'd be just a fun thing to see, not something I really need at the moment :)

Just a quick update: I've fixed the header translation (partially thanks to the Delphi template posted on this forum, stupid little mistake), added the menu items and working on the general player framework so I can easily add more media players which'll use the same configurable output... so far that means WMP 9, Winamp 2 and Winamp 3 (last one will only work if you have a Winamp 2 compatibility plugin running, not planning on fixing that either, don't particularly like the Wasabi API)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 09-30-2003 at 05:22 PM

We are waiting for new version!!!

I need (!WMP) tag :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-30-2003 at 05:29 PM

Do it yourself then ;). No, seriously... I've got a fulltime job and not a lot of free time, so you'll just have to wait...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-30-2003 at 06:18 PM

Oh, small update: since a friend asked for it, Sonique support will also be added... it has a pretty easy interface anyways...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 09-30-2003 at 07:34 PM

Oww, oke....

Too bad you're a busy man :(

Wtf is Sonique? :$

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-30-2003 at 07:36 PM

http://www.sonique.com/

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Chris.1 on 10-01-2003 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Is it possible to have it change your name to the song playing?

I would this useful. Also if it could autoupdate when the song changed :P

I already have a plugin running that publishes the current song to my website (SongWriter Plugin) so I'm guessing it should be possible.

TIA

Chris
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-01-2003 at 01:43 PM

The problem is: the Plus! plugin is triggered when you type a command or use a special tag. Those are the times I can return /nick commands for example... however, the other way around: updating the name when the media player changes it's song, is another story... then there's also the support for multiple media players, two of which don't require a plugin to get song information (so I don't plan on making plugins either)... all in all it wouldn't quite fit into the purpose of this plugin...

Oh, and the before-mentioned argument still counts of course. If there's anything I hate it's changing nicknames, people doing that get an instant Block & RemoveTM in my list... so it would be a bit ironic if I was to implement that function in my own plugin :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-01-2003 at 04:35 PM

Well, i dont see any problem in displayin' the song you're playin'...

Like... My name is often [color=3896B0]SL[/color]im Sh[color=3896B0]a[/color][color=46A42C]dy[/color]

I dont think it will be that terrible if it will be

[color=3896B0]SL[/color]im Sh[color=3896B0]a[/color][color=46A42C]dy[/color] [Lose Yourself]

You know... I think thats OK... At least i dont expct anyone in my list to block'n'delete me for that, you know :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-01-2003 at 04:39 PM

Well, that's your opinion, and you have all right to have one... but I've got mine, and mine's telling me to not implement this feature :). Sorry, but this one won't make it... requires too much effort for something I don't want anyways... I'm sure there are other applications available to do it though, as it probably wouldn't work as a Plus! plugin anyways due to the technical difficulties I explained before...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-01-2003 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoMark
due to the technical difficulties
Thats another reason :D

But yeah... Nickchanger would be nice but its not that nesessary...

The very nice and fast/easy thing will be (!XMP) command :P
I think it does not matter a lot if its /xmp or (!XMP), sorry if i'm wrong :P

But yeah, i know what you're busy, so we can wait a bit :P

But not too long ;)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Exero on 10-01-2003 at 06:42 PM

when i type /xmp
i get this
{MY NAME} says:
(no song currently playing)

when im playing a song....

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-01-2003 at 07:04 PM

Yeah, noticed that too for some songs. It only does that when the song contains a "-" character it seems. I added a workaround for a friend who edited the title of his songs to include the artist (so it would display that in the "Now Playing" list)... otherwise he'd get Artist - Artist - Title... but of course that workaround sucks, and it'll be fixed with the all new WYSIWYG editor where you can determine the output yourself...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Exero on 10-01-2003 at 07:34 PM

i tryed puttin the - in it, but still no workin..

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-01-2003 at 07:35 PM

No, the - is what is causing it in the first place :). Either remove it or live with it for now, the next version won't have this problem...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-02-2003 at 11:49 AM

Now that I've read it again: the bug I was talking about adds "(no song currently playing)" in front of the actual song name... but I see you don't even get the song name, correct?

If so, make sure you have the WMP 9 plugin (something like Tools -> Plugins -> WMPlus in WMP)... might also need to change the current song to activate it... then try again...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-02-2003 at 02:37 PM

I am listenin' to Party Up - DMX (from here) right now

If i type /xmp it displays Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes to Worst [03:36, playing]
Rating: (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

Worst Comes To Worst is indeed 3:36 minutes long and has a rating: 4 and exists in my library... but why the fuck does that song show up? :S

*The name of the song does not include any special characters, its just Party Up

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-02-2003 at 02:46 PM

Don't know, were you playing that song before Party Up perhaps? It seems it didn't update itself. The other possibility is that it's got the wrong media, but since it's using WMP's "CurrentMedia" property that doesn't seem likely. The updating will be fixed in the next version, I'll just remove the is-same-media check or add some is-same-media-but-did-title-or-stuff-like-that-change-since-last-check code...

On the bright side, I made quite some progress today! All code for WMP 9, Winamp 2 and Sonique is implemented, it now uses a customizable format string (which looks something like "{artist} - {title} [{length}]" per media player (and for each media player it uses a different format for the tag and the command, since you mostly want the tag to be a single line while the command may provide more info). For each rating (1 to 5 stars) you can customize the text being sent, which includes emoticons of course. It's got a WYSIWYG editor where the only non-WYSIWYG part are the actual tags, but to get an idea of how it'll look a preview pane is automatically updated directly below that. But things like color and font style (bold, italic) are directly editable.

There's still some stuff to do, mainly the RichText -> Plus conversion and back. It takes some code, but it's not difficult at all... nothing I haven't done before...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-02-2003 at 04:19 PM

Aight :P

Is the new version already online or did you only finish the code? :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Stigmata on 10-02-2003 at 04:22 PM

well done looks good

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-02-2003 at 04:34 PM

Btw... I saved a song and added it to media library

Played some numbers other than Worst Comes To Worst before Party Up, switched Party Up again, and it STILL shows Now Playing: Worst Comes To Worst

WTF! :S

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-02-2003 at 04:37 PM

Weird, but we'll see if that problem persists. The new version is not online yet as it simply isn't finished, but as soon as I do I'll wrap it up and post it of course :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-02-2003 at 06:25 PM

Yeah, thanks :D :banana:

I'm sorry for posting a "bug", it was very simple -- WMP9 Plugin was simply disabled :S

But I even didnt think about checkin for that, because:
- The WMP didnt give any messages like: "Media Player was not closed on a propper way. A fucked up plugin might have caused that. As a result all 3rd party plugins will be disabled"
- The /xmp command worked as well for most of other songs :-/

But yo... So simple was it :P
I'm waitin' for new version! Keep makin' good shit ;) (Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-02-2003 at 06:59 PM

While I'm at it, I might as well implement something to check if the WMP plugin is actually loaded... so instead of "no song currently playing" maybe it can display "WMP not running or plugin not loaded"...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-02-2003 at 07:33 PM

GREAT idea :P (Y) :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-03-2003 at 12:25 PM

The not-running check is now working for all players, for WMP it'll even tell you when it seems you're running WMP but the plugin hasn't been loaded...

However, got a kind of a poll for you all regarding the way you edit the formatting. Right now I've been working on a WYSIWYG editor, but it turns out this is not quite as good as I wanted it to be. Since we already know how to do formatting with Plus, I had an idea which is both easier to build and will always provide the full range of Plus options. The idea is to use special commands to set these options, for example:

code:
/xwmpcommand {artist} - {title} [{rating}]
/xwmptag {artist} - {title}

...this would set the format used for the /xmp command and the (!XMP) tag. Of course, you can use anything from bold/italic to colors this way. This is very useful for power users...

Right now I just want the new version released, to keep WMPlus alive. So I might implement a more user-friendly editor later on, but right now I'm seriously considering this option...

If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it :)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-03-2003 at 05:00 PM

I think this is good enough for begining :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-06-2003 at 02:30 PM

The new version is online, along with a new installer/uninstaller (thanks to the person who suggested to use NSIS :)). You can find the download along with a simple manual on the new commands here...

Note that this version has had very limited testing. We're currently upgrading my room a bit so I can't test it on WMP (as it constantly crashes on this computer, which is not WMPlus' fault because it does it without it too) and don't have enough time to test it enough with Winamp and Sonique. But at least you all got something to play with now, and if there are any bugs I'll fix them ASAP...

Have fun!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 10-07-2003 at 02:21 AM

It's not working for me :(
I try the commands from the Plus! plugins menu /xwmp (!XWMP), nothing happens. So i try /xmp i got message (Windows Media Player appears to be running, but the WMPlus 2 plugin is not loaded) But it says it's running in the background of Media Player.
The only thing that is working is the about box.

I'll just have to use old version for now.
Could you please post old version for me, as i erased it when i got new version. Thought new version would be just as great as old version.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2003 at 07:55 AM

Doh, the menu is a stupid little mistake, sorry about that...

As for the plugin-detection-failing, I heard about that from a friend as well :(. I'll remove that part for now until I can get back to a computer with WMP... sorry about the inconvenience...

The new version has been uploaded, note that you'll have to check if the plugin is loaded yourself, it will either display old data or "WMP not running" if the plugin isn't active (as the old version did, only this one does detect if WMP isn't running at all by searching for it's window)... I'll try to fix this as soon as possible, but at least you should now have a version that works...

Click here!

[Edit]

The old version should be downloadable here btw if the new one still doesn't work...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2003 at 10:53 AM

Bugnote to self: when the rating text is not set, it uses one (Y) too much by default... I'd expected Delphi to start counting at 0 with sets, but apparantly it starts with 1...

This also means it'll probably detect the wrong rating (so if you rated it 4, it'll use the /xrating 5 if you set that before)...

Will be fixed when I get home, just got news that my computer is hooked up again so I can test it all...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by JaymachRalTir on 10-07-2003 at 12:46 PM

Only 1 small problem with the latest version...it has the same tag as an old Windows Media Player Plugin which I have...(!XWMP) and so that just didn't work at all...it just tried to load the old plugin for it...could you change it? Possibley to (!XMP)?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2003 at 12:54 PM

The tag is (!XMP), it's just that I made a small typo in the Plugins menu :). If you downloaded the latest version (after xsRush' bugreport) it should've been corrected... but only after you re-open the chat window, Plus! doesn't update the menu otherwise...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by JaymachRalTir on 10-07-2003 at 01:03 PM

Ah right...thanx :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-07-2003 at 02:24 PM

The {position} thing does not work for me :(

It shows up like this:

Superman > The Eminem Show >> Dina Rae, Eminem [0:-01/5:50, Playing]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2003 at 02:41 PM

Doh. Small bug in the WMP code, it works fine for Winamp. Only 20 minutes left before I can go home, I'll fix and test these things there and release another version this evening :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 10-07-2003 at 04:21 PM

PsychoMark, everything is working great once again :)
I have tested everything for Windows Media Player (9), an everything is working very nice once again :)
i didn't test anything to do with the other players, because i don't use them. I'll says they are working great also (good guess hehe)
So thankyou very much once again PsychoMark.

[EDIT] Forgot to say tested for Windows Media Player 9 only.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2003 at 05:03 PM

Good to hear it's working again! :)

Uploaded another new version, fixed the rating-bug and the position-bug...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-07-2003 at 07:08 PM

Aight :gfdrin:

Now your plug-in is really the best (Y)

I can TOTALLY customoze the way i want things to appear, even add my own words and smilies and everything to it :O

Aaah man, THANKS SOOOO MUCH ;) :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2003 at 08:21 PM

Glad you're happy with it!

The next step would be purely user-friendliness, a nice editor for the tags and commands for example. But for now at least it works, and once it's truly been marked "stable" for a while I'll look further into it... for now, keep testing it and don't hesitate to post bugs, even really minor ones :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by DarKnight on 10-07-2003 at 11:01 PM

This runs great for me. :)

Keep up the great work.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by slang123 on 10-08-2003 at 05:19 PM

Fantastic plugin! the most useful ive used. brilliant job!!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Ramoonus on 10-09-2003 at 12:05 PM

yea
* Ramoonus thinks the same

GOOD WORK
keep it up

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by KnightieBoy on 10-09-2003 at 01:16 PM

(Y) Nice...
Can't wait to see what more you produce :P :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by JaymachRalTir on 10-09-2003 at 02:51 PM

I know that your not wanting to do it, but I'm just wanting to know if there's any way of making MSN Messenger react to the Blogging Plugin for Windows Media Player (it adds whatever your playing into the bar for Windows Media Player) and make MSN change your name every time it changes...just aother way of getting an auto-nick changer...of course you would have to have the Blogging Plugin installed and running for it to work...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-09-2003 at 02:57 PM

FYI: WMPlus is fully compatible with the MS Blogging plugin, just adds some extra information as well. However, I will not build this nickname-change-feature, it has nothing to do with a Plus! plugin and I have no interest in adding such functionality to the WMP plugin (plus it would require me to call specific MSN interface which could differ per version)...

...I know, not a really nice response, but that's the way I feel, nothing personal :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by JaymachRalTir on 10-09-2003 at 03:00 PM

Lol I know your not making it :P I just wanna know if it's possible...I'm assuming that the answer to that question is yes though?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-09-2003 at 03:42 PM

Well, as far as the monitoring is concerned, there's an API to monitor a certain registry key for changes... and of course you can do a lot more if you'd write a WMP plugin, but that's another area...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-10-2003 at 11:02 AM

Yet another update! You can now use the new {remaining} tag to display the time remaining for the current song...

For those who hopped directly to the last page: The WMPlus page (+ download)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by ling_vob on 10-11-2003 at 02:01 AM

hey man this is rad but i noticed it doesnt apply to cd's. is there a way you could do it?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BooGhost on 10-11-2003 at 05:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ling_vob
hey man this is rad but i noticed it doesnt apply to cd's. is there a way you could do it?
i think te problem with CD is that names are not stored on the CD :S not sure though
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-11-2003 at 10:07 AM

You're right, names are NOT stored on the CD (unless it is MP3 CD), the're taken from the Internet (if your CD is legal, or perfect match of legal one)

But... For me it works even on CD's... Maybe because i have them in media library anyways :-/

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-11-2003 at 05:58 PM

Found bug:

The Russian (Cyrillic) alphabet is not working! Everything shows up as ????, ???? ???? ????

:(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-12-2003 at 02:31 PM

Yeah, neither Unicode nor MBCS (multi-byte character sets) are supported. In fact, I don't have any experience with it either. It'll be a Good Thing™ to learn though, so I'll start looking into it... can't promise when I get it done though :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by miguy2k on 10-15-2003 at 12:30 PM

I just installed the plugin and i find it just excellent :D

congratz man!! (Y)(Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Ramoonus on 10-21-2003 at 09:43 AM

i think its better is ya put a version, changelog and date on the site
so we know when theres a new version out

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-21-2003 at 09:44 AM

I'll do that for the next version... so if nothing changes now, there's no new version :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by jordanspringer on 10-21-2003 at 02:58 PM

this plug in kicks ass, ive always been waiting for a plugin for WMP, cuz i dont really like using winamp, and now there is a plugin out! thanks a billion (y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-24-2003 at 09:10 PM

the plugin does not word on my pc, i have windows 98, and msn plus  and msn 6.1(official version) and my version of windows media player is 7.01.00.3055.
can the creator talk dutch, if yes can he send me a dutch email with how i must get it working :) thnx in advance
P.S.: my email adres is walterebbers@hotmail.com.

Greetzzzzzz Walter.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by slang123 on 10-24-2003 at 10:07 PM

Media player 7 doesnt support plugins, get version 9

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-24-2003 at 10:14 PM

Already sent him an email before he edited his post. Anyways, as far as I know WMP 7 does support plugins (it says so in the docs, 6 didn't), but I don't know how compatible it is... best is to upgrade to 9 anyways, as there have been many improvements in speed as well...

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Already sent him an email before he edited his post. Anyways, as far as I know WMP 7 does support plugins (it says so in the docs, 6 didn't), but I don't know how compatible it is... best is to upgrade to 9 anyways, as there have been many improvements in speed as well...

i cant upgrade to version 9, because i have windows 98(NOT the second edition)
and the normal 98 does not support version 9 of the media player only version 7.1.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Sypher on 10-25-2003 at 09:21 AM

I get a "(no song currently playing)" message, and i AM playing something... :|

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-25-2003 at 09:22 AM

If you get "no song playing", make sure the plugin is enabled. Look under the Tools menu, there should be something like "Plugins" or "Extensions" (I have a Dutch WMP so I can't really tell)... make sure "Messenger Plus WMP Plugin" is selected... a green icon should appear in the bottom right...

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 09:37 AM

quote:
If you get "no song playing", make sure the plugin is enabled. Look under the Tools menu, there should be something like "Plugins" or "Extensions" (I have a Dutch WMP so I can't really tell)... make sure "Messenger Plus WMP Plugin" is selected... a green icon should appear in the bottom right...

i get that to, and another thing about  media player not running, but where must i enable the plugin then( i'm dutch) can u please tell that?
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-25-2003 at 09:40 AM

In Dutch: Extra -> Invoegtoepassingen -> Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin (which made me realise my previous statement about Tools was probably incorrect :)). However, the "Media player not running" might also be caused by a pre-check I do on the WMP window... I don't know if WMP 7 has another classname, if anybody knows it please let me know :)

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 09:42 AM

quote:
In Dutch: Extra -> Invoegtoepassingen -> Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin (which made me realise my previous statement about Tools was probably incorrect :)). However, the "Media player not running" might also be caused by a pre-check I do on the WMP window... I don't know if WMP 7 has another classname, if anybody knows it please let me know :)

i have 7+ and i cant see the invoegtoepassingen in my Exta menu.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-25-2003 at 09:43 AM

There's nothing in Extra -> Opties under a tab "Invoegtoepassingen" either?

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 10:03 AM

quote:
There's nothing in Extra -> Opties under a tab "Invoegtoepassingen" either?

when i go to extra and to option, i see thise options:
Speler, Netwerk,CD-Audio,Draagbaar-Apparaat,Prestaties,MediaBibliotheek,visualisaties and indelingen, and i already lookt at all of them, and in none of them i can't see something with plugins or something.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-25-2003 at 10:06 AM

Then it appears WMP 7 does indeed lack plugin support... or at least on Windows 98... sorry, nothing I can do about that, either upgrade or live with it / use another media player :(

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Then it appears WMP 7 does indeed lack plugin support... or at least on Windows 98... sorry, nothing I can do about that, either upgrade or live with it / use another media player :(

to bad, how must i uninstall the media plugin then,:(
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-25-2003 at 10:11 AM

It's in your control panel -> Software (Add / Remove for english users) under the name "WMPlus 2 (remove only)"...

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 10:13 AM

quote:
It's in your control panel -> Software (Add / Remove for english users) under the name "WMPlus 2 (remove only)"...

okeey thnx.
P.S.: i realy hope version 9.0 will be out for windows 98, :D
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Sypher on 10-25-2003 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Walter
okeey thnx.

It IS out:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/2/0/920b...5be270/MPSetup.exe

That's for 98 SE, ME and 2000...
RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SyPhEr
quote:
okeey thnx.

It IS out:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/2/0/920b...5be270/MPSetup.exe

That's for 98 SE, ME and 2000...

i dont have the 98 se version but the normal 98 version.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Sypher on 10-25-2003 at 10:35 AM

quote:

For The First Edition there will be no WMP I'm afraid..

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 10:38 AM

quote:
quote:

For The First Edition there will be no WMP I'm afraid..

so no upgrade for wmp 7.1+ :(:(:(:(:(because i have 7.1+.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Sypher on 10-25-2003 at 10:40 AM

quote:
so no upgrade for wmp 7.1+ :(:(:(:(:(because i have 7.1+.
I don't think they go further in developing the 'old' version..
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Sypher on 10-25-2003 at 10:40 AM

You cán try upgrading to SE... :)

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Walter on 10-25-2003 at 10:41 AM

quote:
You cán try upgrading to SE... :)

how i dont have the cd of se, and this is my parents pc.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Sypher on 10-25-2003 at 10:45 AM

quote:
how i dont have the cd of se, and this is my parents pc.

Try www.windowsupdate.com :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 10-25-2003 at 03:17 PM

To see if you have WMPlus running click:
Tools >> Plug-ins >> Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin
or
Tools >> Options >> Plug-ins >> Background >> Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin
or
[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=151299]

(for Windows Media Player 9)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Patchou on 10-25-2003 at 05:43 PM

ouhaaaa... thats cool!
* Patchou installs the plugin

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by lylesback2 on 11-13-2003 at 08:23 PM

this doesn't work in nicknames?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 11-13-2003 at 08:58 PM

The (!XMP) tag should work in the /nick command (just tried it)... but no automatic changing of nicknames, explained that earlier in the thread...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by lylesback2 on 11-13-2003 at 09:59 PM

ohh... thats cool tho... but i'd have to type /nick (!XMP) all the time :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Tochjo on 11-13-2003 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback
ohh... thats cool tho... but i'd have to type /nick (!XMP) all the time :P
Create a quick text :P
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by lylesback2 on 11-13-2003 at 10:10 PM

already did... it's /mynick lol... i seen it somewhere on the forum :P i'll create a /mynick2 but i'll get lazy one day and not type it anymore lol

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Tochjo on 11-13-2003 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback
already did... it's /mynick lol... i seen it somewhere on the forum :P i'll create a /mynick2 but i'll get lazy one day and not type it anymore lol
Use the shortcuts :P
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 11-14-2003 at 08:57 AM

I'm not supposed to say this, but you guys are the best ;)

Nothing's official yet, but a friend of mine was interested in this nickname project. We've discussed it a bit, and the best way would be for WMPlus to have an extra interface which applications can use to query it for media information. This enables his application to watch for changes and automatically update your nickname. Once this is working and stable I'll write some documentation so anyone is able to use the WMPlus "engine"...

Best of both worlds, I don't have to spend my time on features I don't like, and you get a nickname changer :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 11-14-2003 at 04:14 PM

:)

Great :D

Although it would be nothing for me, but oke... Still great :D

Someone will do this one day ;) :D

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by LeCastor2001 on 11-24-2003 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Nothing's official yet, but a friend of mine was interested in this nickname project.

GREAT ! I can't wait for it (H)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 11-30-2003 at 05:57 AM

Is there anyway that WMPlus will be able to detect the auto rating on WMP and transfer that into the little thumbs because all my songs use the media player 9 auto rating thing thanks alot:D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 11-30-2003 at 05:32 PM

Hmmz... I dont actually get how auto-rating thing works... why does WMP9 rate one file 4, and another one -- 2?? :S

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BooGhost on 11-30-2003 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Is there anyway that WMPlus will be able to detect the auto rating on WMP and transfer that into the little thumbs because all my songs use the media player 9 auto rating thing thanks alot:D
yeah same here.....
quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
Hmmz... I dont actually get how auto-rating thing works... why does WMP9 rate one file 4, and another one -- 2?? :S
i don't gete it neither but i use it :O
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 11-30-2003 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
i don't gete it neither but i use it :O

LOL!!!! :gfdrin:

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by slang123 on 11-30-2003 at 08:12 PM

quote:
LOL!!!! :gfdrin:
There are 2 types of rating in WMP9, manual and auto. The auto rating system works on the number of times u play a song i think, if u quickly switch to the next song its gets a low rating etc.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 11-30-2003 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slang123
The auto rating system works on the number of times u play a song i think, if u quickly switch to the next song its gets a low rating etc.
Aha, thats pretty cool :P
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 11-30-2003 at 09:08 PM

absolutely correct but i still want it to work on WMPlus

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by LeCastor2001 on 12-02-2003 at 09:01 PM

Any news, about the nick changer ?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BooGhost on 12-02-2003 at 11:55 PM

Some suggestion:
[*] make the Rating work with autorating
[*] make an option to stop sending the "Rating:(Y)(Y)(Y)" (!WMPnr) :P or i don't know :P

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-03-2003 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
Some suggestion:
[*] make the Rating work with autorating
[*] make an option to stop sending the "Rating:(Y)(Y)(Y)" (!WMPnr) :P or i don't know :P

You could always just make quick texts to have ratings on an off. Just change your (!XMP) tag format to not show the ratings by default. Then you can turn them back on with the quick texts if you wanted to.
Goto the commands page to see how to change them.

I like changing the format :D
This is the format i'm using right now
[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=171121]
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BooGhost on 12-03-2003 at 03:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xsRush
You could always just make quick texts to have ratings on an off. Just change your (!XMP) tag format to not show the ratings by default. Then you can turn them back on with the quick texts if you wanted to.
Goto the commands page to see how to change them.

I like changing the format :D
This is the format i'm using right now
[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=171121]
:o thanks a lot i didn't know this :(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-03-2003 at 02:12 PM

Yeah, this plug-in really kicks ass :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-05-2003 at 04:45 PM

when is it going to be updated?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-05-2003 at 10:05 PM

Dunno... At least the features already got to the top of what you can wish i think... At least i cant understand what more should you want from such a plug-in :P

Well, the only thing that can be improoved, is to have a better interface for all the formathing, but yo, you do that only 1 time, and than you just enjoy the perfect plug-in

Other question is... When is the source gonna be released?!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-06-2003 at 10:39 PM

i think we should start this thread over so n00bs don't have to read through it al and then post shitey comments. anyway hope a new version is released soon:D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-06-2003 at 10:42 PM

yeah... I'm going to post a FAQ or something like that on the website, then place a nice big link on the first post in this thread... that should be a nice place of information without having to read 14 pages :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-07-2003 at 07:25 PM

thanks alot. Any news on WMPlus 2 or 3?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-08-2003 at 08:19 AM

Yesterday I picked up WMPlus 2.1, which features some minor bug fixes, mostly in regard to the WMP plugin and updating the current song. The other major change won't affect many people, COM support. As I mentioned before in this thread, it will enable people (and in particular a friend of mine) to use WMPlus' features for other purposes, such as nickname changers. I can not yet say when it will be released, but if anyone has any more feature requests or players they'd like to see supported, now would be a good time to suggest those :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-08-2003 at 03:50 PM

I think you should add more tags, like (!XMPartist), (!XMPalbum), etc.... It will be fun in a QuickText :)

And yeah... To have a better interface for customizing command and tags of course :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-08-2003 at 03:56 PM

Excellent idea! It means a whole lot of tags will be available for each player, but who cares :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-08-2003 at 04:07 PM

haha, i'm glad you like it :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-09-2003 at 04:27 PM

yeah i still not sure how to edit them please help me i read your site but i couldn't figure it out. you probably think i am a dumbass. Any help would be great thanks :D like a tutorial on your webpage with pictures (like the one a page or 2 back) and the code to get it to work like that.:D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-09-2003 at 04:53 PM

I'll note down to use pictures in the FAQ :). I'm probably going to introduce an editor for the settings, though I'll step away from using WYSIWYG and just use an instant preview window...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-10-2003 at 06:00 PM

ok cool thanks alot mark. any idea on the release date because this plug in kicks official ass!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-10-2003 at 06:03 PM

No, no idea... got little spare time so I've given up on setting release dates a long time ago :). I am however actively working on it, so I'm hoping to release it soon...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-22-2003 at 03:44 PM

And... Any news about updates so far?

I'll make sure new version will appear on Mess.be ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-22-2003 at 03:47 PM

Sorry, not really. I've been caught up in work mostly, don't have many days off either... but after this project is over I'll have some more time to spare... mess.be sounds good though ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-22-2003 at 04:10 PM

Hmm, if new version will not come very soon, i can also put this version to mess.be...[Image: huh.gif] What you think?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-22-2003 at 04:44 PM

Be my guest :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-22-2003 at 05:53 PM

http://www.mess.be ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-22-2003 at 06:01 PM

Nice! Thanks! (Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-22-2003 at 11:41 PM

looks cool at the top of the page aswell i believe WMPlus is the best plugin...(the only plugin i have actually) because i use it every day i just wanna know how to make it like it was on that picture posted in this thread whats the code/s to make that work?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-23-2003 at 12:52 AM

To Fukafly: Huh? What do you mean?

to PsychoMark: thank yourself, your plugin deserves that ;)
Btw, what about this icon as logo for your program?

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=181665]

I was bored so made it for you, maybe you like it, hehe

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by kwebbelke on 12-23-2003 at 01:36 AM

is there a command for putting what your wp is playing it into your nick?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-23-2003 at 01:36 AM

quote:
i just wanna know how to make it like it was on that picture posted in this thread whats the code/s to make that work?

I'm not sure if you meant the picture i posted, but this is the code for how it is in the picture.
code:
/xmpcommand (*) 10{artist}
(8) 2{title}
(o) 14{length}, 3{status} {params}
(i) 5Rating: {rating}
Also visit the command page HERE on PsychoMark's WMPlus 2 site.

quote:
Btw, what about this icon as logo for your program?

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=181665]

I was bored so made it for you, maybe you like it, hehe
I like it Shady (y), looks nice.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-23-2003 at 02:52 AM

thanks again rush i was looking for a 'CD' emoticon because i remember there being a picture of an open cd case somewhere which woulda been perfect for the job. i am liking the new logo by the way;) keep up the hard work.

Thanks for the code i finally got the idea now before i had it like

/xmpcommand /xmpc
blah-blah-blah

because i thought you made your own shortcut things

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-23-2003 at 06:46 AM

Awesome slim! I believe we got ourselves a new logo! I will put it in the next version, and at least mention you in the about box...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-23-2003 at 11:19 AM

Thanks rush now my /xmp command looks well cool i used a few custom emoticons in it aswell. Take a look at it if you want to :D thanks man(b) have one on me

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 12-23-2003 at 02:24 PM

how do you do that? ^o)
When I choose the "Currently Playing Song" thingie it just writes what I have copied eg: Curently Playing: MartinKapserosv" but I am actually playing Alizee - Moi Lolita?! :s
Also when I choose: Playing song 2 nick it just makes my nick to "Bragging"? ^o)
Whats wrong here?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-23-2003 at 02:31 PM

"Playing song 2 nick" ? There's no such option in WMPlus...

To configure it the way he has it:

code:
/xmpcommand :wmp: I am currently listening to :wmp:

(*) Artist - {artist}
(8) Title - {title}
(I) Album - {album}
(co) Current Status - {status}
(o) Current Position - {position}/{length}
:clock: Time Remaining - {remaining}
:D Rating - {rating}

...:wmp: is the code for the custom WMP icon emoticon he used, and :clock: for the reversed clock. Along with some color codes to spice it up (except for {status}, which already does the color) that's it...
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 12-23-2003 at 03:05 PM

I ment Nick 2 Playing Song?
But when I copy and paste the code you said It just says: This command is unknown, is the text not a command please remove the /
What am I doing wrong?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-23-2003 at 03:08 PM

I think you've fallen into the wrong thread here :). First of all, the only nickname stuff currently available is by using something like "/nick (!XMP)" manually. Secondly, it seems you haven't got WMPlus installed, otherwise you wouldn't get that error...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 12-23-2003 at 03:18 PM

I was wrong... you were right...
now its installed and running.. Just the problem is when i write /xmp it just writes: (no song currently playing) even that I have a song playing!? ^o)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-23-2003 at 03:21 PM

First of all ensure the plugin is active in WMP, meaning the green icon will appear in the bottom lower corner. Secondly, there are times when it won't update the current song correctly, mostly when the plugin is loaded when a song is already playing. When that happens and you're sure everything else is correct, select another song and go back to the one you were playing, that'll solve it...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 12-23-2003 at 03:25 PM

What icon? And can it have something to do with that it said "Windows Media Player was shut down by accident so it has removed all 3rd party programs" ? :S
Yes I am stupid

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-23-2003 at 03:31 PM

Yeah, when WMP crashes it closes all plugins and points the finger to them ;). Seriously though, not a bad idea. But in this case it's not likely WMPlus caused the crash, so turn it back on... on this page you can see a screenshot which shows how to do it...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-23-2003 at 03:36 PM

Wow, it seems I missed some posts as well. That's what you get for big-ass threads... so to set things straight:

Slim Shady asked when the source will be released, my answer is: not. I'm willing to help people out if they have specific programming questions or provide my version of the MsgPlus plugin for Delphi, but I don't want anybody messing with the WMPlus source :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-23-2003 at 03:47 PM

good i wouldn't want that either:D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Animefan on 12-23-2003 at 03:51 PM

Animefan is happy now that the plug-in works! Thanks! PsykoMark!

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BlackHoriZoN on 12-23-2003 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Yeah, when WMP crashes it closes all plugins and points the finger to them ;). Seriously though, not a bad idea. But in this case it's not likely WMPlus caused the crash, so turn it back on... on this page you can see a screenshot which shows how to do it...

I dont have the same Icons as that picture :S
And there is no Plug-in option at all on my wmp tools menu.
I have wmp 9 but i dont kno what version, where can i find out??

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-23-2003 at 10:40 PM

Goto Help >> About  Windows Media Player.
It will say what version you have in there.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-24-2003 at 07:05 AM

You can also go to the Options, select the Plug-ins tab and select WMPlus in the Background list...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-24-2003 at 07:51 AM

quote:
You can also go to the Options, select the Plug-ins tab and select WMPlus in the Background list...
Who are you talking to Mark? :D
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-24-2003 at 08:15 AM

To BlackHoriZoN, who said he couldn't find the menu :) I'll use the quote feature next time :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-24-2003 at 09:15 AM

That doean't show any version though....
Please tell me if i'm wrong.
I'f i'm wrong i'm sorry.

Also if i missed something i'm also sorry.
(It's christmas, so i might be..........) :D something :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-24-2003 at 09:33 AM

Well, he said he had WMP9, so I just offered a solution not involving the popup menu at the bottom... had nothing to do with version numbers, if you need that it is in the About dialog indeed, so you were right :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-24-2003 at 10:38 AM

Ok Mark.
Sorry, just got lost i think, my bad.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 02:31 PM

hey mark have you got any ideas as to what new commands you will add???

I wouldn't mind

{genre} {playlist} {type} {autorating/rating} {status + emoticon}

(Type for Video, Online Radio or Audio if thats possible)

(Status + Emoticon so that if it was playing i could have 'playing |>' or 'paused ||' or 'stopped |_|' and the emoticon could be anything you wanted like you set it somehow i dunno how to but i am sure you would know ;). so i duno a customiseable bit like 'IF {status= playing} = 'text green' Playing |>' and you could edit what colour and what you wanted the wording to be)

also if you need BETA testers i am offering my services to you

*EDIT* Would anyone like WMP emoticons?

They would all have transparant backgrounds and would include

(WMP) - The windows media player logo
(band) - The 'artist image'
(cd) - The 'album image'
(genre) - The 'genre image'
(video) - The 'video image'
(vgen) - The 'video genre image'
(play) - The 'play' |>
(pause) - The 'pause' ||
(stop) - The 'stop' [_]
(plist) - The 'playlist image'
(radio) - The 'radio image'
(pserv) - The 'premium services image'
(audio) - this would be the <)) loudspeaker image used for sound recorder [I use this at the begining of my status command]

Any offers??? thanks alot

Nile

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-24-2003 at 02:43 PM

I could do the emoticons.. :)

But... You can only send 5 of them in 1 message :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 03:03 PM

lay off slim they are mine, i already made most of them and its my idea

BUT good point o well i would just use them when i felt like it and release it like any other emoticon pack :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 03:05 PM

:|eek i am already using 5/5 custom emos in my /xmp command

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-24-2003 at 04:00 PM

Fukafly, nice ideas. Since WMP supports a lot more than other players I'll rewrite my code a bit to support anything for any player (which is one of the reasons for the update, the internals are way too hardcoded). I'll make all text customizable, including the status (which includes the color codes of course), so you can use any custom emoticon you want. While the two of you fight over who gets to make those neat emoticons ;), if you've got a package of 'em I'd be willing to include them in the setup so people don't have to search for it... with all credits of course...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 04:12 PM

lol hehe ok mark

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-24-2003 at 04:43 PM

I didnt fight... O_o

I thought he asked for someone who can do it... So I said i could... that's it...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 05:15 PM

sorry mate its ok have a (b) beer would you prefer to have Green stop & pause or Orange Pause and Red Stop?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-24-2003 at 05:42 PM

Orange pause / red stop of course :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 06:21 PM

hmmm i made them in green and they look good in green. I shall try them in orange and red though :) if i can't decide i include them both green and the alternative:)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 06:49 PM

'The Windows Media Icons Pack'

Is complete take a look at what you get

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-24-2003 at 07:28 PM

Its good, only cut in rather "sharp" way, make edges a bit "softer"... And as for play / stop / pause, it'll be much nicer to have WMP buttons, like these: [Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=182434]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-24-2003 at 11:27 PM

ok updated play pause and stop. I had a bit of trouble with the pause but it looks ok when actually used in messenger;)

Mark and SLim could you PM me your E-mail addy's i want to send you the images in a .ZIP file in private.

I don't want to soften the images because that is how WMP shows them and also all of my test subjects said that they were really good and asked if i got them off of www.mess.be

I have gotten rid of the old play pause stop buttons and the alternate coloured ones so if you liked them. tough. ~LoL~

And here is another preview for you lot

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-28-2003 at 08:42 PM

well what do you guys think now???

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-28-2003 at 08:52 PM

yea, i like new plya/pause/stop buttons!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-28-2003 at 08:56 PM

i finally figured out how to add downloads to my site so i put these in a zip file on it. I made it V0.5 because i wanted to know if we (Mark, Slim & msgplus guys) liked it if we do and make it official it will be renamed to Version 1

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-28-2003 at 10:37 PM

here you go then if no one has been onto my website ( http://www.fukafly.tk ) [recently the .tk service has been dodgey so sorry if it doesn't work].

Enjoy WMIset V0.5

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by lylesback2 on 12-28-2003 at 11:16 PM

i wish there was away to get rid of the rating in your nickname..

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-29-2003 at 01:09 AM

If you are to add the emoticon pack, Could you please make it an option to install it or not. Because i myself wouldn't use them.

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
i wish there was away to get rid of the rating in your nickname..
Goto the command page and see how to do it
http://www.x2software.net/wmplus/commands.html
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-29-2003 at 01:16 AM

as far as i know the emoticon pack is just going to come with the new WMPlus in a seperate folder of the .ZIP package so that people can add the emoticons themselves if they wish.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 12-29-2003 at 02:15 AM

quote:
as far as i know the emoticon pack is just going to come with the new WMPlus in a seperate folder of the .ZIP package so that people can add the emoticons themselves if they wish.
Ok thanks Fukafly. I didn't know how it was going to be done.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-29-2003 at 04:26 AM

no problem i think it is just going to be added so that people don't have to go hunting for them online. As long as something reminds you that they are there when your installing, to stop speed clickers installing and just being n00bs really

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-29-2003 at 08:50 AM

Fukafly, they look good, only one problem: you've used single-color transparency. Most obvious ones are the play/pause/stop buttons. They look good on a white background, but with black you can see it aliasing clearly... I know, you shouldn't use a black background ;), but since MSN can do full alpha PNGs (while IE still can't, grmbl) it would be nice to use it and look great no matter what the settings are...

That aside, my plan is to install the images to My Documents\WMPlus Icons\ by default (I don't think it would be wise to tell newbies to look in Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\WMPlus\), though it should be customizable of course, and turned off if you don't want it. Along with that I will mention it on the website.

I'm also thinking about having a way to load predefined "packages", which contain information on the commands/tag and optional custom emoticons used. These can then be made available for download and installed from WMPlus easily. I mean, if some Visual Basic guy can make an application to add custom emoticons using SendKeys and charge for it, I sure as hell can make one much more reliable, free and integrated into WMPlus :). It will be as easy as downloading "Fukafly's Amazing WMPlus Output.wmp", I could even link the files to an install application so you can press Open in IE and not worry about anything else...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-29-2003 at 08:29 PM

Good

Only i thing, Fukafly: WMP9 displays those icons and stuff in much more clear way in library. Icon has a bad quality on the upper right corner where you can select what you wanna listen to, but if you go to licrary you'll see that icons are much smoother.

Problem is, that it uses transparency, so you cant just "cut" the "emoticon" out... You'll have same result as normally

It would be nice if someone will "steal" those "emoticons" from wmplayer.exe ...

Check the screenshot:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=183590]

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-30-2003 at 11:33 AM

quote:
but with black you can see it aliasing clearly... I know, you shouldn't use a black background ;)

ok i am using a big black block as my background and editing all my emoticons right V 0.6 coming soon ~LoL~

I use PSP 8 how do i make them ALPHA transparancy? i will muck about
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-30-2003 at 11:42 AM

File -> Export -> PNG. This will give you several options. If you've been using the transparency in PSP correctly you can select "Alpha Transparency" and "Use existing image transparency" and export them that way...

Looking forward to 'em! :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-30-2003 at 12:44 PM

ok i have already been using that alpha transparancy for :p thicko me but i usually use the 'filter this colour' option i am sure you know what i mean with a tolerance of usually 32 or 61

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-30-2003 at 02:12 PM

Yeah, then it creates a PNG with either full or no transparency (on a per-pixel basis that is)... using the Alpha option makes it much smoother...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-30-2003 at 05:04 PM

i used your version and sorry to say it made absolutely no difference whatsoever but fear not i have made them look slightly better using a mixture of paint and PSP 8 i will include a screenshot of them both to compare

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-30-2003 at 09:09 PM

ok they look slightly worse now but not a great deal different from the originals (i am talking about a couple of pixels here) but i still dunno what you mean by a black background because this is what happens on my msn with a pure black background [see enclosed pic] it shows up the actual message window with the greyish bit in it. thus making no difference what so ever

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-30-2003 at 09:53 PM

It's possible by customizing the Windows system colors... or using themes or WindowBlinds... take a look at the attachment...

...plus, I'm kind of a perfectionist, so if I know it can look good on any setting I'd go for that... nothing personal :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-31-2003 at 12:44 AM

i feel like a perfectionist when it comes down to non school or tidy room stuff aswell (I think its got to me!)BTW i finished those emoticons then i got a BSOD [Blue Screen of Death] and lost all my work :@ should be back soon

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by CookieRevised on 01-01-2004 at 03:42 AM

quote:
It would be nice if someone will "steal" those "emoticons" from wmplayer.exe ...

It's not in any of WMP's files and/or directories. It is in some windows resource file. I ripped it before so I can't remember which one, but here it is:

-----------
EDIT
It seems that it is found in \Windows\System32\wmploc.dll
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-01-2004 at 01:17 PM

Aaaaight man, you the best!! :)

THANKS SOOO FUCKING MUCH!!!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-01-2004 at 01:33 PM

so whats happening now?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-01-2004 at 01:34 PM

Emoticons are getting much smoother and look much better! :p

Also, they can be 19X19!!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-01-2004 at 01:44 PM

well this one which was ripped still has the black whiteness thing.

*EDIT* the picture on the right is the current (band) emoticon

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-01-2004 at 01:56 PM

Nah, i will show you... They look perfect on MSN with any background :)

And about that 100% black thing by PsychoMark... I also use custom window themes, used them long before MSN 6 came out, and NEVER had anything like that :|

I think its a bug or summttin'... :-/

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-01-2004 at 02:10 PM

So, this is a small preview of what it can be...

Not all the icons can be 19x19 though  :(

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-01-2004 at 02:34 PM

quote:
And about that 100% black thing by PsychoMark... I also use custom window themes, used them long before MSN 6 came out, and NEVER had anything like that :|

It all depends on the theme you're using, and what I did on the screenshot was just go to my display configuration, advanced and chose a color for the "Window" background... it's that easy. I don't think many people will have it completely black, but it's possible, so if MSN supports the option to blend emoticons nicely into the background we should stick to that I think :)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-01-2004 at 02:56 PM

I agree with you, but i still belive that its a bug, as i did exactly the same as you did and got normal thing happening on MSN"

<edit>
traxor, stop spamming!
</edit>

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-01-2004 at 04:45 PM

I don't think you did the same... you used a completely black background image, right? I changed the Windows system color for the "Window" element.... a screenshot:

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-01-2004 at 07:09 PM

i understand what you mean mark. slim done exactly the same as me :p

so whats happening to all my emoticons i spent ages on????

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-01-2004 at 08:29 PM

yes i did exactly the same, AND tried with different backgrounds, you see black one on screenshot

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-01-2004 at 08:31 PM

Do you have XP themes enabled? If so, the system colors you set won't affect it :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-01-2004 at 10:06 PM

so is someone now ripping all the emoticons from WMP :( i spent ages on those fucking things

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-02-2004 at 12:08 AM

ok now i like these new ones ok. I know you're all gonna moan 'They're too sharp they're not soft enough' but just take a look
[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=184725]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by CookieRevised on 01-02-2004 at 11:58 AM

I dunno what the problem is... just use an icon ripper or something to take out the icons.... They'll show up correctly with ANY background as they all have an alpha-channel.... just use the right ripper (which rips the whole icon) and use the icons in the right way.
Every icon can consist of different icons in different sizes and colors...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-02-2004 at 12:28 PM

Too late, already tried that, and also checked every other resource using ResourceHacker... they don't appear to be embedded that way... unless you can prove me wrong.

However, I took a look at fukafly's new icons and they look good. With a bit of eraser-work on the button edges they look pretty freakin' smooth :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-02-2004 at 03:16 PM

I also tried with ResHacker, and wasn't too happy with result... if you right-click>copy icon, it won't copy transparency... you will get the same result as if you just PrintScreened it...

I think CookieRevised means something else by "icon ripper", not Res Hacker....

Cookie, tell us pls...??

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-02-2004 at 03:26 PM

Try Axialis IconWorkshop, supports XP icons and can export those to transparent PNG's. But you can only get the WMP icon that way, not the play buttons etc, which are the main problem...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-02-2004 at 03:30 PM

Yeah, play icon and stuff are not "separate" components... they only exist with "a peace of player around"... Too bad

But you can as well steal album, artist, etc icons i think... :-/

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by CookieRevised on 01-02-2004 at 05:19 PM

check out the other files that are from WMP; I think for example of \Windows\System32\wmp*.dll, and there will be more somewhere else...

Don't think of ResHacker as the holy grale ;)
Just use one of the bezillion (free) icon editors you'll find on the net.... For example IconXP on http://www.iconutils.com....

And as said before an icon (.ICO file) can consist of different icons for each resolution and with different number colors. Not all resolution support alpha-channels. Read up on some docs on what an icon really is and what a good .ico-file consist of ;)

A good and complete .ico-file in XP will consist of 9(!) different formats in a specefic order:
48 x 48 at 24-bit, 32 x 32 at 24-bit, 16 x 16 at 24-bit, 48 x 48 at 8-bit,  32 x 32 at 8-bit, 16 x 16 at 8-bit, 48 x 48 at 4-bit, 32 x 32 at 4-bit, 16 x 16 at 4-bit... Only the 24-bit (you're right, I meant 32-bit ;)) icons support alpha-channeling....

Remembering this, if you want to save the true icon you can use ResHacker. But you don't want the Icon Resources, you want the Icon GROUP resources. select one and then choose "Save [Icon Group]"...

And Icon is also not a PNG, nor a BMP, these are different things....
You can open a .ico-file as a BMP, but you will loose A LOT of information.

The buttons, etc. in WMP are not icons but actually BMP's, you 'll find them in \Windows\System32\wmploc.dll as I mentioned in my previous post ;-)

Don't use Paint for handling images with transparency. Use Photoshop or PaintShopPro...

Anyways, try IconXP and search for \Windows\System32\wmp*.dll

enjoy ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-02-2004 at 05:40 PM

ResHacker is no holy grail, but it can at least provide a preview of the files in there, and also PNG's (which might have also been used, don't think ICOs have been used for the play button for example)... also, I have a legally purchased version of IconWorkshop, which can do a whole lot more than most freeware Icon applications, specifically when dealing with 32-bits icons (not 24-bit as you said, they only contain RGB information, not the alpha channel)...

And I think I know what an ICO consists of, I have written an XP Icon loader by looking at the ICO specs myself because Delphi's TIcon didn't load the 32-bits icons.

As for the System32 icons, I did not notice those before (and haven't looked very far as Fukafly was working on the icons already), so thanks for that. Again however, no single ICO of the play button, and like I said before, those are the only real problem as the rest can be ripped easily. wmploc.dll does have bitmaps containing the buttons, but they're not transparent, so they're of little help... there's simply no other way than manual editing of those buttons...

[Edit]

I see you've updated your post. Anyways, my point still counts: the buttons still can't be ripped without some manual erasing...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-03-2004 at 01:49 AM

right i think i done what you said mark....

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-03-2004 at 01:51 AM

they need a little tidying up but i can do that easily now so are we happy with these ones?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-03-2004 at 11:59 AM

edges of Play/pause/etc. buttons look perfect

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-03-2004 at 12:56 PM

i will make them look better so they all the same as play one

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-03-2004 at 02:12 PM

Great work! I see you've started to figure out how PSP works ;). In fact it's the Stop one that looks best on all colors (including black) in my opinion, perhaps except the lighter edge, although I personally don't mind at all. One problem with the stop button though, put it on a big white field and notice how, especially the upper right part, looks like it's been in the washing machine... if that's erased it might be better than the play button... I know I love it...

I attached a zoomed in version so you can clearly see it...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-03-2004 at 04:32 PM

Version 0.7 coming out. Now that most have been smoothed out and made nicer

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-03-2004 at 05:44 PM

Here ya go any comments will be welcome again.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-05-2004 at 09:38 PM

so what do you lot think now????

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 01-05-2004 at 09:42 PM

Don't think anyone has anything to add ;). I like 'em...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-05-2004 at 10:32 PM

do they work fine on any colour background?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by slang123 on 01-05-2004 at 11:39 PM

i love the emoticons!!!! one of them is 16*16 tho. Other than that perfect. Brilliant job

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 01-05-2004 at 11:43 PM

which one?????:S

*EDIT* yes the band one was not done by me so that is nothing to do with me, anyway it still looks great in MSN

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-10-2004 at 12:08 PM

Hmmmz... What's up to plug-in?? *-)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 02-10-2004 at 08:01 PM

i talked to mark and he is having a crisis at work and is having very little time to work on WMPlus 3. but he also added that he was working on a few new codes to make it better :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 02-10-2004 at 08:05 PM

slim could you pester mess.be to change the MSN Plus thing at the bottom of their page because people will get confused when MSN releases their subscription service MSN PLUS

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-13-2004 at 01:14 PM

Crisis is the correct word :). I won't bother you with company problems, but hopefully it'll all be better at the end of the month. Either way, I'm still here, and I haven't forgotten any of the feature requests, just didn't have any time to really work on WMPlus. In the spare time I had I've been working on the website though, so once that's been released (hopefully at the end of this weekend) another burden is gone... plus, I'll have a shiny new vBulletin running so there can be a forum dedicated to WMPlus making it easier to ask and find :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-13-2004 at 03:17 PM

Aight cool :)

Well, i really hope it'll go better wit you on your job/whatever, hope shit'll get better soon ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-16-2004 at 03:14 PM

The beginning of the new website is up. I say beginning because I'm not at all happy about the look of it yet, but at least it's functional and running, that's what mattered :). WMPlus also got it's place here now, along with a FAQ containing a screenshot similar to the one posted in this thread earlier so people have a better reference when installing, a forum and Slim Shady's excellent icon on the Products page (on a sidenote: I will add proper credits later when I redesign all of the pages :))...

So for any comments, requests or feedback you are more than welcome on the WMPlus forum. I'll try to add a "todo-list" one of these days with all the requests in this thread in it...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-16-2004 at 04:10 PM

aaight, this is cool :D :gfdrin: (Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by CookieRevised on 02-16-2004 at 05:32 PM

quote:
The beginning of the new website is up. I say beginning because I'm not at all happy about the look of it yet, but at least it's functional and running, that's what mattered :). WMPlus also got it's place here now, along with a FAQ containing a screenshot similar to the one posted in this thread earlier so people have a better reference when installing, a forum and Slim Shady's excellent icon on the Products page (on a sidenote: I will add proper credits later when I redesign all of the pages :))...
It is already an excelent example for many other dedicated plugin-pages. Very clean, to the point, informative... wel done (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-19-2004 at 08:39 PM

I've been doing some research, and changing the nickname in Messenger 6 is not nice. It involves opening the options screen and all, and even though I would probably be able to do it whilst keeping it hidden (got some hooking experience :)) I don't think I'll try that at first...

However! I did have another idea, which I think is even better. Display Pictures. I just did some tests, and thanks to the interface Plus! provides (wasn't able to do it with an external application) I can set the display picture to anything I want. Combined with song-change-monitoring and some graphics skills, it's possible to have the current song displayed as a display picture. Of course that would involve some skin settings to customize it :). I was also thinking about an option to show the WMPlus DP (display picture) for an x number of seconds, then revert back to the old, though I haven't experimented with going back yet. Either way, I've Paintshopped a small example of what it could look like. Even the shadow of the text is easily done... in fact, I might even implement monitoring code for Winamp and Sonique as well, polling every 5 seconds isn't that bad and DP changes take some time transferring to contacts anyways...

[Edit]
Oh, and of course the Play button would change into a Pause button when the player is paused, etc :). Just a general background change in such cases, so anything is possible...
[/Edit]

Here's the faked screenshot:

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-19-2004 at 09:07 PM

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME :|

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BooGhost on 02-19-2004 at 09:56 PM

quote:
THIS IS F**KING AWESOME :|
YEAH
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-19-2004 at 09:57 PM

LOL, guess that's a "yeah, we would appreciate such an option :)". Good news is, I like it too! It'll be released in WMPlus 3...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Hah on 02-19-2004 at 10:59 PM

PsychoMark, your website is looking good, WMPPlus2 is great, and the next verison is looking brilliant. What more could you want from life :D

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Me cant spell :(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 02-19-2004 at 11:03 PM

we could want it to give us free money and download songs for us, but thats asking too much i think :p

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by BooGhost on 02-20-2004 at 03:12 AM

quote:
LOL, guess that's a "yeah, we would appreciate such an option :)". Good news is, I like it too! It'll be released in WMPlus 3...
:drool: that's gonna be mad :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 02-20-2004 at 12:47 PM

when is it coming when is it coming [Image: drool.gif]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-20-2004 at 01:18 PM

As always, I stopped announcing release dates a long time ago, unlike certain game companies lately ;). It's done when it's done. I'm currently working on the display picture rendering; the skin format has been defined, my code already loads the ZIP file, reads the skin's PNG images and information and outputs a display picture. Now working on the text rendering, the antialiasing was easy since I'm using the excellent Graphics32 library for Delphi, problem is: it doesn't support text wrapping, so I'm solving that with a bit of custom code... as soon as the first computer rendered display picture is out I'll let you know (got a test-app set up which can also be used to preview skins), so people can already start working on skins if they want (and any feature requests related to that can be included immediately)...

After that WMPlus itself will require some rewriting, building it on top of my plugin framework and of course features like (!xmpartist) and a configuration dialog will be added as well. For this reason I dropped WMPlus 2.1 and went straight to WMPlus 3, way too many additions to use minor version numbers :)

And thanks for the words of praise everyone, they make it all worth double :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-20-2004 at 08:05 PM

Text wrapping done. Finished the test application, made two skins and zipped it all up... so anyone interested in making skins / just seeing it in action, you can view the screenshots and download it on my forums (since it supports multiple attachments and the announcement is there anyways, didn't want to pollute this forum)...

If there are any comments, I'm sure I'll hear about it :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 02-23-2004 at 11:31 AM

wow i like the default skin best but well done a very good program. so this is going to automatically do all that data and figure out if it is playing paused or stopped wow! your very clever mark and how about the emoticons i made? Are you going to make an installer like you said? Anyway i would really like to test this plug-in when you are at testing status.

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-23-2004 at 12:09 PM

I will include your emoticons, don't know about the installer yet. I don't like the way current installers work; SendKeys/SendMessage. I've already figured out how Messenger stores the emoticons, but after changing it it might need a restart or another way to trigger a refresh... that's not clear to me at this point, I will however at least include them and instructions/examples on how to use 'em...

Yes, WMPlus will figure it all out and call the Display Picture generator. Speaking of which, I made quite some progress yesterday. The new core is much more flexible and completely player independant. For some quick testing I reimplemented the Winamp player, which works 100% (including tags like (!xwaartist)). As updated in the Delphi framework I posted on this forum, all output can now include tags like (!N) and (!IP) as well. Monitoring support for Winamp and Sonique players has been added, basically it's just a thread which polls the player every 5 seconds to see if something has changed... which works quite well... WMP will be instant, since I can monitor it from inside the WMP plugin...

Then, the display picture. I can say it's awesome, the tests with Winamp turned out excellent. But (yeah, there's a but :(), whenever the DP changes it adds it to the list, so you can imagine how it'll grow after a day of listening music. Nobody seems to have the cure, except one guy simply cleared the whole list every time (blegh), so I'll need to run some tests on the decrypted files (thanks MS! really like my display pictures to be encrypted so we have a hard time accessing them! I mean, my picture might contain my password or something, yeah! can you smell the sarcasm?)... I think I'll be able to pull this off, just need to check how well it'd work...

I'm not sure whether or not I'll release a beta, since it wouldn't include a configuration dialog and support for /xmpcommand and the likes has been dropped (figured they wouldn't be needed anyways with a configuration dialog and the (!xmpartist) tags, unless someone really really wants those commands available :))...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user27089 on 02-23-2004 at 12:55 PM

i downloaded it and it did nothing for me, sum1 please help me **unleash it**

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-23-2004 at 01:11 PM

I guess you're talking about WMPlus 2 now? Did you follow the installation instructions in the FAQ on the website?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user27089 on 02-23-2004 at 07:56 PM

yeah i followed the instructions, but when i type in the command, it just say -windows blah blah*- when it actually is

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-23-2004 at 08:04 PM

oh! windows blah blah! yes of course, get that message all the time...

In other words, please post the exact message you got ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-23-2004 at 11:53 PM

I think he's talkin' about "Windows Media Player is currently not running" or something-like-this message...

Make sure plug-in is also loaden in Windows Media Player:

Go to Tools > Plug-ins and make sure Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin is checked ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-24-2004 at 07:25 AM

Which is of course already detailed (along with a screenshot) in the FAQ ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 02-24-2004 at 08:36 AM

good old FAQ's you heard it people go to his site for the answers!!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Dj Zeraja on 02-27-2004 at 12:13 PM

|-) gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-27-2004 at 12:15 PM

Errr, right. Was there any reason for yawning? :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Dj Zeraja on 02-27-2004 at 12:18 PM

yes there is the plug dont working anymore thats why i yawning but i working on it to get it working :D if i dont get it working you here from me oke ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Concord Dawn on 02-27-2004 at 06:18 PM

I've noticed that the WMPlus 2 plugin seems to work with Winamp 5.02 without any compatibility plugins. Just a heads-up so you don't stress yourself out. I know your busy...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-27-2004 at 06:21 PM

The website already indicated so :). I'm running Winamp 5 at work, and got it at home for testing as well... at least thanks for confirming ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 12:49 AM

Yo, good to know! Updated info in mess.be's database ;)

Cant wait 'till you make new version... It will be great if it will launch about same time as Plus! 3 :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-28-2004 at 09:44 AM

Don't know what the schedule is for Plus! 3, or if Patchou will change the way plugins work... but I'll continue on the "when it's done" schedule. Started work on the configuration dialog, and as soon as I fix a crash in the player monitoring code that part can be integrated as well... the display pictures are pretty cool (no, no beta yet, it's all manual and hardcoded for testing :)), and it can also restore the display picture set before WMPlus changed it. Using that for when WMPlus stops monitoring the player, and I think a "show playing song in DP for x seconds, then go back" option would be cool too :)

Anyone interested in player control btw? I was thinking about it, I know at least Winamp and WMP would be able to support it... /xmpnext would go to the next song for example. Not too sure if I'd use it, but if you guys want it WMPlus would probably be the best platform to build it on :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by xsRush on 02-28-2004 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Anyone interested in player control btw? I was thinking about it, I know at least Winamp and WMP would be able to support it... /xmpnext would go to the next song for example. Not too sure if I'd use it, but if you guys want it WMPlus would probably be the best platform to build it on :)

I wouldn't use it. I have WMP in the taskbar an find it easy enough to just click the buttons on the player.
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Dj Zeraja on 02-28-2004 at 11:09 AM

it's working agian :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xsRush
I wouldn't use it. I have WMP in the taskbar an find it easy enough to just click the buttons on the player.
Same here.

That will be cool, is /wmp command to open WMP, but this can be ealisy done by creating a quicktext /run wmplayer.exe with alias /wmp :)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 02-28-2004 at 02:58 PM

True :). Got multimedia keys on my keyboard myself, so I'd have no use for it either. Ah well, I'll keep it open... for now, no demand means no code :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 03:09 PM

Concentrate on DP's :P

Btw, this might be a skin if you want, standart WMP9 icon...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 03-08-2004 at 08:37 AM

Any more news? Shouldn't we make a new thread for WMPlus 3??? It would be very cool if this was released just after msgplus 3!!!!!!!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 03-08-2004 at 02:52 PM

Makin' a new thread for plugin that still has to come? 8-)

:D

Nah i think its good like it is, and about time... well, lets just wait... I have enough cool stuff and excitment coming soon: new D-12 album, new Prophecy (of Slay Mafia) album, Messenger Plus! 3, WMPlus! 3, etc...

If everything comes in 1 day its not that cool as of they come lets say a week after each other :P

And you probably habe some other events to enjoy too :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 03-08-2004 at 04:24 PM

thats why i said just after msgplus 3. :). as for thread for new plug-in not out yet, what about the countless msgplus 3 threads???? ~LoL~ anyway yes i am excited about stuff aswell.

*I'm still phsyced over the display picture feature:D*

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 03-08-2004 at 06:10 PM

quote:
as for thread for new plug-in not out yet, what about the countless msgplus 3 threads???? ~LoL~
:P
Btw, just posted a news about upcoming plug-in myself: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22362 :gfdrin:
Well, the difference is, I already have it, and its functioning perfect, thats why i decided to post ;) :P

quote:
anyway yes i am excited about stuff aswell.
*I'm still phsyced over the display picture feature:D*
So am i :P :)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 03-20-2004 at 07:29 PM

how much longer will it be i can't wait its all so cool messenger plus 3 so many gigs i am going to and my favourite plug-in gets updated

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 03-21-2004 at 09:17 AM

I honestly have no idea :). Haven't done much work on it lately, only yesterday I had the chance to continue (company I work for still isn't stable, bringing a lot of stress). Schedule for today is at least finishing the WMP/Sonique parts so it'll function like WMPlus 2 again...

I doubt I'll release a beta version of it without the Display Picture changing. Though it adds some tags, it doesn't add that much to WMPlus 2 (apart from the internal reorganisation and a configuration dialog)...

Sorry to keep you all waiting :)

Quick thought: if Messenger 6.2 is released before WMPlus 3 and it supports animated GIF DPs, I might implement that into the skins as well... not only the background animating, but perhaps scrolling text for long titles as well...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 03-21-2004 at 09:33 AM

wow even better display picture skins :D:D:D:D:D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 04-14-2004 at 07:52 AM

sorry to double post but what about this as an idea being implented?

The idea was that someone wanted to send a song to a contact that they were currently playing, but they couldn't find the song in their folders.

"[08:24] <Haggard> no look in WMP's media library you get the option to display the filename. i'm sure there could be an option possibly a tag that you could type say (!XMPSHARE) that will copy the filename then do a msgplus file share tag and paste the filename"

I'm sure that this could be done don't you think?
Good idea bad idea?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 04-14-2004 at 08:14 AM

Mhhhh, now that's an interesting idea... would be a command then instead of a tag, like /xmpshare, /xwashare, etc.

In fact, I got an idea for extending that; I don't share my files with Messenger but with my Apache webserver (Messenger seems to slow down dramatically after a while whereas Apache gives me the full 120 kb/sec upload throughout the file)... my MP3 folder is directly linked to that, so /xmpshare could be configurable; either send the file through MSN or (if available) map the filename to an URL (be it HTTP, FTP or whatever)... if WMPlus allows multiple path->URL "rules" and falls back on Messenger-sending in other cases it'd make for quite a nice automated system...

Don't think many other people will benefit from that added option, but I know I would for sure :D

Btw, I think I owe you all an apology. It's been ages since I last worked on WMPlus. I haven't been motivated at all lately, mainly due to the recent events in my job (been going up and down for the past 3 months, and unless a miracle happens we'll be all unemployed within two weeks)... the next job is waiting in line fortunately, so it'll just be a matter of time before things settle...

In the meantime, bring on the ideas!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 04-14-2004 at 08:32 AM

sorry to hear about your job status but you need to earn money and live a life. i thought it was a good idea anyway. but i think you should have a defualt msn filesharing (filename finder thingymabob) in there because other users may not have apache or whatever

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 04-14-2004 at 08:35 AM

Yeah, that was the idea; have the file->URL mapping under a seperate tab in the options or even hidden under an Advanced button, and if none are defined or none match fall back on sending it through Messenger filesharing... and yes, it's a good idea :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 04-23-2004 at 11:59 PM

how's that file sharing going?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by sparkymcg on 04-24-2004 at 12:39 PM

No its not that
Its What other people have it rated and an average is taking if other people has the same song they take there rating and then they take an average

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 04-24-2004 at 02:05 PM

What are you talking about? I was refering to a new feature of WMPlus 3 a command that will send the file you are currently listening/watching to the contact you are talking to

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Martijn. on 04-25-2004 at 10:03 AM

I don't want to be picky, but could it be posible to use the album cover as background of the DP :D (you can place images in the ID3 tags (at least with WMP))

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 04-25-2004 at 10:21 AM

Good idea, I'll take a look at it... well, once I get started again that is. Again, sorry for the delay, but with the end of the month coming getting a new job has a higher priority :). Like I said, don't let that stop you from posting new ideas, just don't expect them to be implemented the next day :p

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Maniac on 04-26-2004 at 08:07 PM

Question, i just downloaded this, is there any way i can make it have the title in my nick? :(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 04-26-2004 at 08:09 PM

answer...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Maniac on 04-26-2004 at 08:15 PM

Kewl, thanx :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by georges000 on 05-04-2004 at 12:19 PM

Hey,
first of all, great work!! but i have a question...
it doesn't want to show the album, i always get a blank space... I'm using Winamp5

code:
/xwacommand (8)(!FC5){artist} - {title} - {album}(!FR) [(!FC14){position} of {length}(!FR), {status}] (8)
i use this command
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by trentsteel on 05-14-2004 at 03:21 PM

In case you didnt know, Windows Media Player 10 (or new WMP9 build) beta is out, 2nd edit: doesnt work ok with the plugin, colour tags do not work for people without Messenger Plus!.
Any info on WMPlus 3?

PS 1st post just to let you know (H)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-14-2004 at 03:58 PM

georges000: Winamp doesn't publish the album information through it's API. Might be able to work around it by parsing the ID3 tags from the file myself, but that's something for the future... for now, the album tag simply doesn't work...

trentsteel: I heard about the WMP 10 beta (thanks fukafly :)), but I won't take a look yet. With such early betas it just isn't worth the investigation time :). In theory it should be backwards compatible with the plugin, as WMP 8 was to 7 and 9 to 8...

As for WMPlus 3, nothing new basically, same story as before. Still don't have a new job, although the last interview went well... some day WMPlus 3 will be finished, I do not intend to abandon it at all, but don't expect any overnight releases ;)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-14-2004 at 04:03 PM

WMP10 is in ALPHA testing it is mainly GUI changes its not amazing. Only new features i see are the ability to view pictures or TV if you have a TV card, it also has bugs in the library section and isn't as user friendly as WMP9 was this is why you shouldn't download the beta's/alpha's becasue you get buggy crap software. WMPlus 2 does work with WMP10 i should know. WMPlus 3 is on hold at the moment because mark's company went bankrupt so he is looking for a new job i wish him all the best of luck in finding one (mainly so he can earn some money and get down to WMPlus 3 :p)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-16-2004 at 07:47 PM

Good day today! Had time and motivation, so WMPlus 3 was up for some development... so it's time for a little status report.

Current status

• Windows Media Player and Winamp re-implemented
  • Communication with WMP plugin more stable (no registry used, although it still writes the info there for legacy purposes)
  • Usual commands, as well as tags like (!xmpartist) working
  • Internal support for full output customization
  • Display Pictures generation and restoring is stable
  • Album Art as background for DP
  • File sharing (/xmpshare starts a file transfer with the media file currently playing)

What needs to be done

• Making the configuration dialog actually work (all it does now is look pretty :))
  • Get rid of the manual test code and make the DP auto-update
  • Add an option to restore the original DP after X seconds

Though it might not seem like it, that's actually quite some work (the interface is just tedious, and relatively boring, but it just needs to be done). Just glad the base of it works and is stable *finds some wood to knock on*.

Below you'll find a screenshot of the manual test I did with Display Pictures (not auto-updating that is). Skins will soon support two extra options; background color and album art transparency. For the test it was hardcoded; black background and 50% transparency. I think I'll also add an option to change the text position/style when using album art, so it can use the full area where the regular skin might restrict that area...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=244369]
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-16-2004 at 08:00 PM

Aight, cool! I also found a way to rip da icons directly from wmploc.dll to *.PNG's, so they look just 100% good with 0% editing :D

Good work on plugin, I can't wait :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Martijn. on 05-16-2004 at 08:12 PM

Great work :D, the feature list looks awsome (Y), I use WMPlus 2 a lot, so I'm realy gonna like MWPlus 3:D.

Keep up the good work:)

(I didn't even think the "Album Art as background for DP" was possible, incredible job:))

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-16-2004 at 08:32 PM

Pure_BY: excellent! Any day you feel like sharing, I could use 'em for the default skin, and I'm sure Fukafly could use 'em for the emoticons set (credits to both of ya!) :)

Martijn: thanks!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-16-2004 at 08:37 PM

Yep, just say when you so far with WMPlus 3 that you need 'em, and i'll rip and attach 'em to a zip

Btw, if you forgot, my previous name was "SLim Shady", i was that big WMPlus 2 lover, hehe

Still love it btw, and lookin' forward to WMPlus 3 :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-16-2004 at 10:49 PM

i hope to see these emoticons i'm guessing that the play one isn't 19x19 because i had to edit that one down to size with a skin i made. although i fele like i have wasted alot of time editing those pics i hope that the everyone enjoyed using my pack obviously i'm not going to go hacking into files to get icons i'll just learn how to code in VB and make my one and only plan to make a money converter plugin

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-16-2004 at 10:55 PM

The play icon? Ahm... u mean the play button? Well it is impossible to rip buttons from wmploc.dll, as they are not saved there as separate componetns... The way it looks like is just the same as screenshot of Play button, cropped to 50x50 or summttin'

What I was talkin' about, were icons... Like Album, Artist, Playlist, etc. Those can be ripped without any problems

I will rip en post 'em tomorrow.

So, see, not all your work is for nuttin' :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-17-2004 at 12:02 AM

ok just checked out some image rippinf programs using AT mole i discovered that the images your talking about are still in need of slight editing afterwards I've already done this so whats the point in doing it again?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-17-2004 at 05:36 PM

Ahm... No point... I was not talkin' about that play and pause images...

I was talkin' about artist, album, etc. images... THey way i rip em requres no editing at all, besides makin' 16x16 icons 19x19 by adding some transparency..

They must look beter than edited ones, no matter what way they were edited :/

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-17-2004 at 07:11 PM

well go for it then upload em

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-17-2004 at 08:23 PM

This is pack with icons I ripped, that I thought anyone might ever want to use...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-18-2004 at 04:18 PM

ok shame i dunno what program you used to rip the emoticons because there are a few ones i wouldn't mind being taken from my version of WMP (T.V. Picture and Year) picture is just a square so that easy to edit TV I'm not so sure i think it could be better because it may have been blended with the background colour (black) and year is quite shapey (like the genre icon) so your method would come in handy

ANYWAY here is the next version of WMPlus Icons includeing a .txt of a popular xmp format

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-18-2004 at 04:51 PM

I use ResHacker to save Icon resources, and AWIcons Pro ( http://www.awicons.com ) to transform them to 100% quality PNG's. Photoshop CS to resize PNG's :P

Btw, in credits... That "a.k.a. SLim Shady" thingie can be removed... And.. the "y" of "Pure_By" in capital pls :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-18-2004 at 06:55 PM

you picky so and so :-p

EDIT: OK then all done thanks for that took a while to find the images but i found them :)

Best version of WMPlus Icons is now available here

[Image: WMPicons.png]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-18-2004 at 08:42 PM

(Y) perfect, thanx!

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-18-2004 at 11:11 PM

Looking great!

Just so you guys know, someone made an excellent suggestion on the WMPlus forum, which will definitely be implemented...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-19-2004 at 04:42 PM

Idea about DP is good

But I also agree with the dude, that WMPlus should not show song rating if it's not set! I rate about 80% of songs i have, but it really annoys me, when I play a song that is not rated and it shows the rating of 3 stars :S

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-19-2004 at 04:44 PM

Sidenote: WMPlus 3 correctly reads the rating assigned by WMP when you haven't set it yourself... WMPlus 2 would get confused by that...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-19-2004 at 04:46 PM

Cool, but... What do you mean by "reading a rating that you did not set by yourself"? Will it display correct number of automatically given stars, or will it display nothing?

I prefere the last option, cuz' WMP sometimes gives 4 start so songs i literally never played... So.. :-/

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-19-2004 at 04:51 PM

It displays the auto-rating. When leaving out the rating some additional text would need to be left out as well (like "Rating: "), which means it either needs a completely seperate output format, or have some kind of obscure tagging mechanism to indicate which parts to leave out...

[no subject] by Jorris on 05-19-2004 at 05:18 PM

Hey real tight PlugIn homie but every time I try to run a command it says I aint runnin a song, while I am.
I didn't read all the 33 pages so it might have been stated before, while I didnt read.
You got any idea what's up?

RE: by Martijn. on 05-19-2004 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jorris
Hey real tight PlugIn homie but every time I try to run a command it says I aint runnin a song, while I am.
I didn't read all the 33 pages so it might have been stated before, while I didnt read.
You got any idea what's up?

Activate the plugin in WMP, go to Extra>Plugins>, and make sure "Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin is checked...

(I don't know the exact english names of the menu, but I hope I'm clear enough...)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Jorris on 05-19-2004 at 05:32 PM

Martijn sounds like dutch, send me a pm if you are.
so ya can state the dutch names

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by sparkymcg on 05-19-2004 at 05:51 PM

will the new version of this plugin work with WMP10
because the latest version doesnt work with it

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-19-2004 at 05:54 PM

last post on this page...

And I may have said it as well, not sure, but I will not even look at WMP10 until it is out of beta and into release, so compatibility issues with it will have to wait once most bugs are out of WMP... no point in "fixing" WMPlus otherwise :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 05-19-2004 at 06:40 PM

it works for me :-/ I dunno whats wrong with everyone elses

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by trentsteel on 05-19-2004 at 07:12 PM

quote:
it works for me :-/ I dunno whats wrong with everyone elses

My contacts dont see it correctly, no colours and such, but i do
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-19-2004 at 07:17 PM

Jorris, if ya problem is not solved bu solution Martijn gave u, it's also possibele that plugin is not activated in WMP itself.. Go to your Windows Media Player, than Tools > Plugins > Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin, make sure it is acrivated. Than start playin' a song (if you are already playin' one, replay ot or play another one...)

Here is screenshot.. Go to Now Playing (Afspelen in Dutch version), and than just do da same as on this screenshot:

[Image: screenshot2.png]

Hope that helps

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-19-2004 at 07:40 PM

The contacts not seeing color is because they don't have Plus!, and WMPlus assumes they do by outputting the status and such in color... you can change everything with WMPlus 3, including the status text/colors, so that would solve it...

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by trentsteel on 05-20-2004 at 08:19 AM

quote:
The contacts not seeing color is because they don't have Plus!, and WMPlus assumes they do by outputting the status and such in color... you can change everything with WMPlus 3, including the status text/colors, so that would solve it...

Even people with Plus! did not see it properly, with both the Ctrl + K and (!FC*) formats
RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Martijn. on 05-20-2004 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Jorris, if ya problem is not solved bu solution Martijn gave u, it's also possibele that plugin is not activated in WMP itself.. Go to your Windows Media Player, than Tools > Plugins > Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin, make sure it is acrivated. Than start playin' a song (if you are already playin' one, replay ot or play another one...)

Here is screenshot.. Go to Now Playing (Afspelen in Dutch version), and than just do da same as on this screenshot:

Hope that helps

Jorris didn't have WMP9, he has now and it works:)
RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Jorris on 05-20-2004 at 10:26 AM

quote:

Hope that helps

Thanks, but I got it solved :)
RE: RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-20-2004 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by trentsteel
Even people with Plus! did not see it properly, with both the Ctrl + K and (!FC*) formats

That is very weird indeed. However, I still don't believe it is related to WMP10; the WMP plugin does nothing but write status information to the registry (well, at least WMPlus 2 did it that way). It's the Messenger Plus! part of the plugin which outputs the color tags... and that works for sure...
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by sparkymcg on 05-20-2004 at 02:40 PM

thanks for the screenshot Pure_BY i just got WMP10 and fought that the plugin didnt work but it does just i forgot to click on it in the plugins bit your screenshot reminded me thanks(y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-20-2004 at 02:59 PM

You welcome, and screenshot is not mine, its from official WMPlus website FAQ  :P

But good that it worked (Y)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Kilomil on 05-26-2004 at 04:11 PM

I really like this program, except it doesnt work anymore!
Everytime I type /xmp (yes I use mediaplayer and yes it did work before) it always types the same song... and it says it has been stopped...
What is wrong? It just suddenly didn't work anymore! :|
Best Regards
Kilomil

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by sparkymcg on 05-26-2004 at 04:41 PM

did you happen to reinstall it at all

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-26-2004 at 04:43 PM

Have you made sure the Media Player plugin is loaded correctly? As indicated in the first post on this page (the quote that is)...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-26-2004 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kilomil
I really like this program, except it doesnt work anymore!
Everytime I type /xmp (yes I use mediaplayer and yes it did work before) it always types the same song... and it says it has been stopped...
What is wrong? It just suddenly didn't work anymore! :|
Best Regards
Kilomil
Your plugin is disabled in WMP9!!!

Enable it:

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Kilomil on 05-26-2004 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Have you made sure the Media Player plugin is loaded correctly? As indicated in the first post on this page (the quote that is)...

quote:
Pure_BY
Your plugin is disabled in WMP9!!!

Enable it:

Yeah you are both right...
It's working now after enabling and changing track...
I just think it's wierd that it has been disabled, but wtf... now I know, Thanx guys
Best Regards
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 05-26-2004 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kilomil
I just think it's wierd that it has been disabled, but wtf... now I know, Thanx guys
Best Regards
If WMP9 is not shut down correctly (for example, when your PC crashes while WMP9 was running), all the plugins are disabled. That might have been the reason ;)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by RebelSean on 05-27-2004 at 08:36 PM

Is there anything special you have to have for the plugin to work?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-27-2004 at 08:39 PM

Just Messenger Plus! and either WMP, Winamp 2 or 5 or Sonique...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by RebelSean on 05-27-2004 at 09:08 PM

I'm using WMP and wene I'm listening to a song, and I use the command it dont tell the person what I'm listening to :'(help?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-27-2004 at 09:12 PM

Is the WMP part of the plugin activated? Take a look at the previous page of this thread, or read the WMPlus FAQ for instructions...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by RebelSean on 05-28-2004 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Is the WMP part of the plugin activated? Take a look at the previous page of this thread, or read the WMPlus FAQ for instructions...

Does it matter what WMP I have?I think I have 7.0
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 05-28-2004 at 10:35 AM

Yes, we have determined before that WMP 7 will not work correctly :(. An upgrade to WMP 9 is recommended... I will list this as a requirement...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by RebelSean on 05-28-2004 at 12:53 PM

Daym, I gotta upgrade that again?? I just upgraded that from 5.0 to 7.0 lol dern

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 06-04-2004 at 12:08 PM

So, WMP10 Beta is officially out, and WMPlus 2 works perfect.

Because of this new release, here is also a new logo. Now it looks much smoother (same smooth on any cbackground), and I replaced WMP9 play button wit WMP10 play button. Hope you like it!

[Image: attachment.php?pid=257978]

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 06-04-2004 at 01:14 PM

HOWEVER! Mark says he is still not prepared to adjust WMPlus 3 to suit WMP10 until it is out of its BETA period ;-)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 06-04-2004 at 02:33 PM

There is nothing to ajust... :P

Btw, i dunno if u spoke to him or not, but when he was sayin in this thread he wont do anything about plugin until WMP10 is ready, he meant the leaked (alpha?) version that was not supposed to be installed on other peoples PC's.

The release of public Beta is already next step of paying attention to compability wit WMP10 :P

But, as I said, it functions perfectly on my PC so far, so no need for worry :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 06-04-2004 at 08:06 PM

i did speak to him and it was as I said out of its beta period whether it is leaked or not

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 06-04-2004 at 09:01 PM

hmm ok than... But i am pretty sure, if plugin works now, it will also work in final version. Later WMPlus 3 might make use of some of the new WMP10 features or whatever, but i am pretty sure that current engine for displayin main media information (so, in fact all the WMPlus 2 fearures, besides customization, but thats a Plus! part) will work stable without changes on WMP10 final. At least lets hope so :P

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 06-04-2004 at 10:09 PM

yes it looks like WMPlus 3. whatever (when WMP10 is released) will need to display TV but i don't really care about the pictures part of it

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by DiegoCJ on 06-12-2004 at 03:21 PM

Where is the readme file with the commands?

I need to know how to put a song and artist on my nick (thru WinAmp) ... can anyone post all the commands here?

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Martijn. on 06-12-2004 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DiegoCJ
Where is the readme file with the commands?

I need to know how to put a song and artist on my nick (thru WinAmp) ... can anyone post all the commands here?

*sigh* How about doing a search;)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 09-02-2004 at 03:29 PM

so WMP 10 has been officially released now.

Best start working again Mark :-p

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/pla...load/download.aspx

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by AeN0 on 09-02-2004 at 03:54 PM

It does not work with WMP 10 Final (10.00.00.3646) French ... I just installed the version from the website.

Windows Version : Windows XP, 5.01.2600 SP1 French
Messenger Version : 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version : 3.01.0094

NowPlaying v2.0 by DJMystic && Lareamond
StuffPlug-NG
WMPlus 2

EDIT : Nevermind It works ! Must restarted WMP after installation...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-02-2004 at 04:23 PM

Great, let's see if they added some of the suggestions I made :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 09-03-2004 at 07:31 AM

all the icons are different :( new WMP icon pack maybe

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 09-03-2004 at 07:53 AM

To be honest; I've dumped it and went back to Winamp 5... some things I like, and it's certainly faster and more stable than the beta, but the new icons are ugly and lack contrast and it's hard to navigate the library without having to look twice in every step... I'm keeping it installed for WMPlus, but other than that I'm disappointed...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by ~INVASION~ on 09-16-2004 at 12:28 AM

when i go to say my current media there is some songs and now that i have windows media player 10 its says  (no song currently playing) and i have reinstalled the newest version from the owners site and plus site the plugins menu is checked on in the media player and plus preferences

any ideas as to what is going on??

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-06-2004 at 11:03 PM

Is this project dead? :/ :(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2004 at 12:21 PM

You could definitely say it's dying slowly... not using WMP anymore so it's hard to find motivation to carry on with all the other stuff I've got going...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user13774 on 10-07-2004 at 12:46 PM

So you won't make it WMP 10 compatible?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2004 at 12:59 PM

What's not WMP10 compatible about it? So far the only complaints I had regarding WMP10 could be solved by making sure the plugin is active...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 10-07-2004 at 02:14 PM

quote:
You could definitely say it's dying slowly... not using WMP anymore so it's hard to find motivation to carry on with all the other stuff I've got going...
:O :| :'(

Ooohh no... :(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 10-07-2004 at 03:00 PM

i know this project was great :( you did so much with the Display pictures and everything

you must have nearly completed it anyway, it would be great if different versions of this were released for iTunes and stuff

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 10-07-2004 at 04:04 PM

Note that I didn't say the project died yet. I still like the idea and all, it's just that with all the other stuff it hasn't been given much priority... so it basically has a floating time-frame at this point...

If someone has a problem with WMPlus I'll still provide support.
If anyone has info on getting iTunes song information I'd be more than happy to know. And if someone knows how to get Foobar2000 song information that might just be the spark to get it running again (since that's the player I currently use until I find a better one)... but again; it all depends on my available time and motivation :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user13774 on 10-07-2004 at 07:10 PM

quote:
What's not WMP10 compatible about it? So far the only complaints I had regarding WMP10 could be solved by making sure the plugin is active...

Sorry, maybe I'm wrong. I though I read that it wasn't compatible.

quote:
Note that I didn't say the project died yet. I still like the idea and all, it's just that with all the other stuff it hasn't been given much priority... so it basically has a floating time-frame at this point...

If someone has a problem with WMPlus I'll still provide support.
If anyone has info on getting iTunes song information I'd be more than happy to know. And if someone knows how to get Foobar2000 song information that might just be the spark to get it running again (since that's the player I currently use until I find a better one)... but again; it all depends on my available time and motivation :)

Isn't this plugin able to show the song information from Foobar. (I don't know Foobar, so correct me if i'm wrong :))
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user13774 on 10-18-2004 at 04:22 PM

Found a bug with WMP 10. Already mailed it to PsychoMark. My friend also has the same problem so it's not because of me :):

If you open a file (ie. you double click on a file in windows exlorer) and you do the xmp thing in msn it says '(no song currently playing)'. If you reload the plugin (in WMP) it still says it. If you then click next, or you double click on the song again it do works... It looks like it always happens with the first song you play when you start WMP 10....

Sys:
XP Prof SP2
WMP 10 (Dutch)
MSN Messenger: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus!e: 3.21.0104

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-01-2004 at 12:43 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry to keep you all in the dark. I read some posts; got a few mails after Markus' call to the community, and Fukafly was right about me picking up WMPlus 3 a few days ago, so very slow progress has been made. I would still like to note there's no way it's beta-material; all hardwired to run on my system, once that's stable I can make it all dynamic and configurable. The fact that I stepped away from WMP10 didn't help my motivation much either.

Anyways, I'll try to work on it and get a working version for you guys, it seems there's just too many happy WMPlus2 users to ignore :). Winter season's here so I should be at home more in the weekends and all... no promises, but again wanted to let you all know I still appreciate all the positive things I hear so I do honestly intend to finish WMPlus3 once and for all...

And yes, the first-song bug has been in there for quite a while. I think WMP9 also suffered from it, should be fixed in the WMPlus3 plugin (which features more fancy techniques than the registry, though the old method is still there for compatibility in case anyone was relying on that information)...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by user13774 on 12-01-2004 at 12:57 PM

Hey PsychoMark... good to hear from you, a namesake (thnx to Van Dale dictionary), again :O (y).

Sounds good (y). I hope you will be able to finish WMPlus 3.

I'm still using WMPlus 2, but never had any problems with WMP9... only with 10. Can't you make a bugfix version, before working on WMPlus 3, which fixes this little bug :$?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-01-2004 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Hi everyone!

Sorry to keep you all in the dark. I read some posts; got a few mails after Markus' call to the community, and Fukafly was right about me picking up WMPlus 3 a few days ago, so very slow progress has been made. I would still like to note there's no way it's beta-material; all hardwired to run on my system, once that's stable I can make it all dynamic and configurable. The fact that I stepped away from WMP10 didn't help my motivation much either.

Anyways, I'll try to work on it and get a working version for you guys, it seems there's just too many happy WMPlus2 users to ignore :). Winter season's here so I should be at home more in the weekends and all... no promises, but again wanted to let you all know I still appreciate all the positive things I hear so I do honestly intend to finish WMPlus3 once and for all...

And yes, the first-song bug has been in there for quite a while. I think WMP9 also suffered from it, should be fixed in the WMPlus3 plugin (which features more fancy techniques than the registry, though the old method is still there for compatibility in case anyone was relying on that information)...
WOW!!! These are the greatest news of the day!!! Man, thanks a lot!!! I am really looking forward to see the new version... It's been so long (A) :P

Thanks!!! :happy:

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Hidea on 12-02-2004 at 12:30 AM

thinking of foobar support?

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-02-2004 at 05:57 AM

I got foobar and used it for a while, so I'll check out some of the other plugins to see how they're doing it. Maybe not in v3.0 (unless it has a Winamp-compatibility-plugin like iTunes, but I don't call that "WMPlus supporting foobar" ;)), but it's on my wishlist...

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Hidea on 12-08-2004 at 01:50 AM

nice :D please make it foobar friendly! :D

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 12-08-2004 at 06:56 AM

Btw, that cool feature you wanted to add... DP changing to album cover of album you're listenin' to... Will that work or MSN Messenger 7?

and also, dunno if I've posted this already, here is a new logo for your program:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=344944]

And can you give us some more info about development? Thanks! :)

RE: RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by PsychoMark on 12-08-2004 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Btw, that cool feature you wanted to add... DP changing to album cover of album you're listenin' to... Will that work or MSN Messenger 7?

Depends on how much Microsoft fucked up this time... on the visual part they sure did, looking at some beta screenshots, but we'll see when it's officially out :)

quote:
And can you give us some more info about development? Thanks! :)

Well, bad news for the next few... who knows. My water pump broke down, which is related to development since my computer is watercooled. Have to wait for Innovatek to replace it... so the only computer time I get is basically at work, which poses some obstacles for personal programming of course ;)
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by giken on 12-31-2004 at 12:42 AM

hi psycho, any news about development? :)

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-31-2004 at 11:01 AM

well i talked to him the other day and he appears to be making some development, hopefully the development emails will start coming out again. YAY

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by giken on 12-31-2004 at 05:12 PM

very happy to hear that :)
hope we will see a messenger 7 compatible version soon...
now i'm using mpwinamp plugin now and it works good but I really want song2avatar feature and it hasn't that

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by aNILEator on 12-31-2004 at 07:29 PM

use song2nick that has the avatar option if your going to use it to do iTunes you need multi plugin for itunes if your going to use it for WMP you need WMPlus

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by giken on 01-01-2005 at 01:40 PM

I want song2avatar with winamp 5, song2nick has it but it doesn't work with messenger 7 beta and it doesn't seem wouter is going to update it ... :(

RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin by Pure_BY on 01-10-2005 at 12:21 PM

So... How's the progress? :(