Shoutbox

MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) (/showthread.php?tid=15789)

MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-21-2003 at 07:56 PM

I've just made a Tweak for the current version of Plus! (2.21.55). It supports all the settings listed at http://www.msgplus.net/?view=help_registry. I'll update it if Patchou adds new registry settings in furute versions of Plus!

BTW, I hope you like the interface.

Thanks.
Choli.

Updates:
Sep. 21st 2003. 21:56 First version: 1.0.3 for Plus! 2.21.55
Sep. 21st 2003. 23:52 Version 1.0.4 for Plus! 2.21.56

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by BooGhost on 09-21-2003 at 08:09 PM

actual version: 2.21.56 :-/

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Stealth_X on 09-21-2003 at 08:12 PM

Is it safe? Is it possible to uninstall?
I don't want my MSN to be messed up.

Thank you.

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by dotNorma on 09-21-2003 at 08:14 PM

half of whats on the menu to chose to do makes no sense ,lol

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Stealth_X on 09-21-2003 at 08:24 PM

Yeah, but is it safe and uninstallable?

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by lylesback2 on 09-21-2003 at 08:40 PM

very very nice :D and it's also very easy to use, without installation.

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by reisyboy on 09-21-2003 at 08:41 PM

It doesn't install its just a executable

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by lylesback2 on 09-21-2003 at 08:51 PM

at least someone made a Plus tweak :P

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Chrono on 09-21-2003 at 09:12 PM

could u make a spanish version ? :lol:

Well doe Choli :grin:

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by lizard.boy on 09-21-2003 at 09:35 PM

does anybody have comctl32.ocx? it says its missing

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-21-2003 at 09:47 PM

About Plus! 2.21.56: I didn't know that there was that version. When I finish posting this, I'll update the file at the first post with support for .56.

Safe and uninstalable: Yes, it's safe and doesn't require installation. It's just an only exe.

MSN messed up: No, msn no; but Plus! may act strange if you modify some settings. Read this:

quote:
Note: no support will be given on these functionalities... they are brought to you as is. If your Messenger does not behave correctly or crashes after you have edited the registry manually, then you should reset your preferences using the "Default" button in the Preferences panel (it will simply delete the "HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences" key).

at least someone made a Plus tweak: some other people made other tweakers, but they dissapeared :P

spanish version: it's a bit difficult because there are many texts to be translated and tomorrow i begin my university classes (i'll have less free time), but don't rule out.

comctl32.ocx: search it in www.microsoft.com
RE: RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Chode on 09-22-2003 at 04:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
does anybody have comctl32.ocx? it says its missing

Right here
RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Wabz on 09-22-2003 at 08:33 AM

Cool feature well done

There was one at www.msgplus.net but this ones a bit better thanks

Wabz

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by lizard.boy on 09-22-2003 at 09:11 PM

it too old. thanks anyway chode (1995 version)

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Patchou on 09-23-2003 at 05:44 PM

very nice :)

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-23-2003 at 08:53 PM

Thanks Patchou. If you want you can put it in your web ;)

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by bigru on 09-25-2003 at 10:57 PM

i searched for comctl32.ocx and downloaded it on micro soft and a black screen came up and went away but it still dosent work please tell me how to get it to work

thanks

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by lizard.boy on 09-25-2003 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bigru
i searched for comctl32.ocx and downloaded it on micro soft and a black screen came up and went away but it still dosent work please tell me how to get it to work

thanks

same here

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by msnlee on 09-26-2003 at 12:05 AM

RUNTIME ERROR!

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by bigru on 09-26-2003 at 12:14 AM

I just did it again and it says i allready have it but when i run the tweak it still says that i do no have comctl32.ocx
please help

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-26-2003 at 06:11 PM

About comctl32.ocx: Where do you put that file? It should be in the same folder as the program or in your system folder (usually c:\windows\system or c:\windows\system32) And the black screen, can you make a screenshot? Btw, you can donload that file (and two more) here: MPTF.exe (894 Kb). It's a self-extracting RAR compressed file which I uploaded for other program I made (read more)

About runtime error: Can you describe which and when do you get that error? Tell me how to reproduce the error.

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Huuf on 09-26-2003 at 08:18 PM

I wanted too create something like this but had no time, had other projects so thanks for creating it :p

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by bigru on 09-28-2003 at 04:43 AM

i got a runtime error 372 "failed to control slider version of the thing u told me to get may be out of date" but i got it from microsoft so how could it be? also the site u gave a link to dosent work

help

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-28-2003 at 05:30 PM

Sorry, the link is correct but it seems like the server where the file is (the one of the my university) has sometimes problems with the files to be downloaded. :(

quote:
error 372 "failed to control slider version of the thing u told me to get may be out of date"
:| what? how do you gt that error?
RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by dotNorma on 09-28-2003 at 06:11 PM

if only somebody could bring the share button back to life!

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-28-2003 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
if only somebody could bring the share button back to life!
The share button of Plus! in MSN 6? Patchou said it's very difficult to do that and it won't look like the others buttons exactly.
RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by dom. on 09-28-2003 at 09:50 PM

quote:
---------------------------
Messenger Plus! Tweak!
Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'Slider' from comctl32.ocx.  Your version of comctl32.ocx may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
OK   

I downloaded MsgPlusTweak.exe then it said i need comctl32.ocx, so i used the one Chode posted, then put it in the same dir as the .exe and that msg box came up..

Just to answer your questions of how bigru got that :)
RE: RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Vhailor on 09-28-2003 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
quote:
Messenger Plus! Tweak!
Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'Slider' from comctl32.ocx.  Your version of comctl32.ocx may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
OK   

I downloaded MsgPlusTweak.exe then it said i need comctl32.ocx, so i used the one Chode posted, then put it in the same dir as the .exe and that msg box came up..

Just to answer your questions of how bigru got that :)

same problem here and i downloaded the last version from microsoft but still the problem
RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by kao on 09-28-2003 at 10:32 PM

Wont work at all, tried downloading comctl32.ocx from a few different sites, put it in the same folder as the exe and nothing, same error message saying:

---
Messenger Plus! Tweak!

Run-time error '339':

Component 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
---

If it helps (maybe, maybe not) i got:

Windows Version: Windows XP Professional, 5.01.2600

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-28-2003 at 10:56 PM

Chode's comctl32.ocx seems to be a bit old. Try this one. This file is the one that I have.

BTW, why can't I upload .rar files? MyBBB says that kind of file isn't allowed and I have to remove or change the attachment

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by bigru on 09-28-2003 at 11:42 PM

Thanks i got it working. Is there anything there that u cant do with plus?

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Alamarco2 on 09-29-2003 at 12:19 AM

when i use it, it doens't change anything, it lik doesn't work, :S

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-29-2003 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Is there anything there that u cant do with plus?
There are several things you can't do with plus, like know when a person opens or closes an im window to talk to you.
quote:
Originally posted by Alamarco2
when i use it, it doens't change anything, it lik doesn't work,
It changes the registry Make sure you have selected your account and note that several settings won't affect you (ie if you don't have 2 monitors, the SpecialMultiple Monitor setting won't work)
RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Vhailor on 09-29-2003 at 11:33 AM

same error with last ocx:(

runtime error 372

failed to load control 'slider' from comctl32.ocx. your version of comctl32.ocx may be outdated. make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your aplication

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-29-2003 at 12:38 PM

do you have 2 or more comctl32.ocx? make sure you only have 1

RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by kao on 09-29-2003 at 02:00 PM

Thank you Choli, it worked with the comctl32.ocx you supplied (Y) gonna have a little fiddle about now :D

EDIT: Just want to point this out, i have seen quite a few spelling mistakes already :undecided:

RE: RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Vhailor on 09-30-2003 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
do you have 2 or more comctl32.ocx? make sure you only have 1

i have downloaded some c...ocx
one from microsoft, another two from this thread
and all give me the same problem,
and not, i'm not using more that one ocx at the same time^o)
and..... i dont know how to use more that one:S
RE: MsgPlus! Tweak! (yes, another more :P) by Choli on 09-30-2003 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vhailor
i dont know how to use more that one
You might have one in the folder of the program and other in c.\windows\system other in c:\windows\system32 etc......
Make sure that doesn't happen