Shoutbox

manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? (/showthread.php?tid=15862)

manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by rh on 09-23-2003 at 05:04 PM

hi!

we want to write a plugin that will transmit a certain information to another user, but "sNotifyCode" is too small (5 bytes) for transmitting the info we need.

therefore we have used "sText" for these data, but then the receiving user will see the contents of "sText", which looks ugly. is there a way to manipulate "sText" in the "ReceiveNotify" event, so that the ugly data can be removed?

thank you!

regards,

rh

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by wipey on 09-23-2003 at 07:09 PM

you could probs add a colour code to it, making it white, but then they'd see a blank message8-) unless u tagged it at the end of anuther message (the extra text)....am I makin it too complicated?

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by Whacko on 09-23-2003 at 07:43 PM

put another notify code inside the resulting notification, this will call ReceiveNotify again, i think :P also on the receiving user side tho:P

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by rh on 09-23-2003 at 08:06 PM

thanks for your idea whacko; it was promising but i tried and it did not work.

i think that notify codes are just being evaluated once, not recursively.

any other ideas? thanks!

rh

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by Choli on 09-23-2003 at 09:26 PM

Currently there's no beeter solution. First of all, you have to send the data in sText and make sNotifyCode constant, and second, when the other user recieves the message, he/she will see the ugly data. The best thing you can do is, as wipey said, put that ugly data in white, with white background.
Whacko, I think you aren't right.
Other thing you can do is this: I the user who recieves the info is allowed to know he/she has recieved it (even if he/she isn't allowed, he/she will see that you have sent him/her a message), put a text like "Info recieved" before the white ugly data that I said before.

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by wipey on 09-24-2003 at 07:26 AM

jus what I said:D:P

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by rh on 09-24-2003 at 11:33 AM

too bad... :(

i hope patchou will extend the plugin-possibilities appropriately in the next plus! release...

regards,

rh

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by Predatory Kangaroo on 09-24-2003 at 01:44 PM

I had this problem a while ago, when i was experimenting with making a game as a plugin...
I had it send the IP for winsock in 3 parts - first off the client computer sent "pkr01", the server replied with "pk127", the client sent "pkr02", server "pk000", etc. etc. until i had the four parts of the IP address (127.0.0.1 in this case), then I established a winsock connection.
theoretically, you should be able to do this, then send all the data you want thru winsock, or u can just do that same back and forth thing for ages if you don't want to let ppl find IP addresses with netstat.
Either way, it can be a bit tedious to figure out, but once you've done it, you can reuse the code in many ways

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by rh on 09-24-2003 at 02:01 PM

hi!

thanks for the idea.

will there be displayed a lot of textless postings in msn chat? or will this procedure make the excahnge completely invisble?

thanks a lot!

rh

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by wipey on 09-25-2003 at 03:59 PM

I'm gonna try it out sometime:)

btw, using the white text wud mean the info would still show up, as with custom backgrounds the convo bg is very unlikely to be white8-)

RE: manipulating sText in ReceiveNotify? by Choli on 09-25-2003 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wipey
the convo bg is very unlikely to be white

Use the feaures that Plus offers to make white bg:
(!FC0)(!FG0)This is white text over white background
or
0,0This is white text over white background
but I have just noticed that the white background doesn't work. If I type
(!FC1)(!FG1)This is black text over black background
I can see it as it should be (a black rectangle where I can't see the text unless I select it), but if instead of that I try to use the white bg I see the default bg of MSN 6 but not a white rectangle.
Well, you allways can use (ans this does work):
(254,255,255),(254,255,255)This is 99% white text over 99% white background