Shoutbox

Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names (/showthread.php?tid=15912)

Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by gregggggg1 on 09-25-2003 at 01:58 AM

I am after a plug in. 

I currently use meenger 3.6, because of a feature once in there, that let you right click the little guy in the tray, select Send an Instant Message, and from that menu would apprear a list of name of people you could click on to send a message to.

Not you have to open that window to send a message, and I dont like that, especially at work.

Anyone able to help?

THanks
Greg

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by chris on 09-25-2003 at 02:03 AM

DAMN ur still on 3.6 for somethign small like that o^) thats crazy well i dont think its posible as a plugin but umm i dunno if its posible mabey a hotkey that will bring up the window that appears when you click action send message. man i sugest you upgrade u gotta soon anyways and i bet you will like 6.0 - 6.1Beta

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by scowling on 09-25-2003 at 02:08 AM

damn straight greg.. I miss that.

I moved on, because well.. you have to.. this is the world of computers and if you don't move on you'll live in the past, and start getting crusty scabs.... heheh

It's a good idea.. now I have no idea how it could be done, but someone out there has the skills..

It was always a nice quick way to see who was online.. less mouse clicks... so if it can be done for version 6 of msn I'll be happy, and I guess Greg will finally move on.....

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by BooGhost on 09-25-2003 at 02:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gregggggg1
I currently use meenger 3.6, because of a feature once in there, that let you right click the little guy in the tray, select Send an Instant Message, and from that menu would apprear a list of name of people you could click on to send a message to.
Greg
That feature is already on MSN Messenger 4, 5, and 6 :P

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by dotNorma on 09-25-2003 at 02:09 AM

lol , that was made a feature in 5.0 :P just get 6.1 beta :S

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by Sk3tch on 09-25-2003 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
lol , that was made a feature in 5.0 :P just get 6.1 beta :S
lol yeah... or 6.0  there both good (y) :)
RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by scowling on 09-25-2003 at 02:15 AM

think you guys misunderstood what he's after..

one click to see who is online.
ie. right click tray, mouseover Send Instant Message > and have it show a list of names who are online....

now if that exists in recent versions, then color me blue and call me bluey, I want to know how to get it back...

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by BooGhost on 09-25-2003 at 02:17 AM

well blue, you just install Messenger and there it is ;)

[edit]:dodgy: it's kinda dodgy having 2 newbies posting for 1st time asking the same thing :dodgy:[/edit]
[edit2] and even more dodgy if they both are wrong [/edit2]
[edit3] BooGhost wonders if they have a look-like IP [/edit3]
[edit4] They registered just today... both of them dodgy [/edit4]

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by gregggggg1 on 09-25-2003 at 02:42 AM

Thanks all for your help, but I dont think you understand what I mean.

Please see attached.

Thanks

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by BooGhost on 09-25-2003 at 02:54 AM

o well, the new one has this:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15912&pid=136559]

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by xsRush on 09-25-2003 at 05:53 AM

If you look at the picture he posted, you will see he mean he does not want a window to pop up with the names. The names are in the right click menu.

Picture he posted ->
[Image: attachment.php?tid=15912&pid=136551]

You can see it has an arrow next to it.

Sorry if i didn't get what he means, I think i got it right though 8-)

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by BooGhost on 09-25-2003 at 05:56 AM

yeah i know..... but well.......

i don't know if it could be changed :S

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by chris on 09-25-2003 at 06:18 AM

that feature was in an older version of msn. probaly when it wasnt so popular and they figure that there might be alot of people online so it would be a big menu. so in that version they figured o 3-4 contacts online but now there could be 20-30 so that could be why. just a thought

RE: RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by xsRush on 09-25-2003 at 06:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hereyougo420
that feature was in an older version of msn. probaly when it wasnt so popular and they figure that there might be alot of people online so it would be a big menu. so in that version they figured o 3-4 contacts online but now there could be 20-30 so that could be why. just a thought

I think you have it right there, hereyougo420.
That is what i was thinking also.
RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by Sk3tch on 09-25-2003 at 06:33 AM

hmm...  well its possible to make a plugin for it which would be pretty easy im sure. But it wouldnt be exactly the same as that :-/

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by wipey on 09-25-2003 at 11:55 AM

why dont u lazy ppl accept what's there?8-) I mean it still shows ya everyone who's online

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by Pure_BY on 09-25-2003 at 03:36 PM

You know what? If you dont like to open main window because of your boss walkin' around, install MSN Messenger 6 with Plus! and use CTRL+SPACE to hide all MSN Messenger windows and even change the tray icon.

Anyways, you have 20 days to upgrade to MSN Messenger 5.0 or higher, otherwice you wont be able to connect to MSN Messenger service :)

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by BooGhost on 09-25-2003 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
Anyways, you have 20 days to upgrade to MSN Messenger 5.0 or higher, otherwice you wont be able to connect to MSN Messenger service :)
:lol: i forgot saying that :P

It shouldn't be THAT hard to do isn't it :S. I'd preffer it :-/

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by wipey on 09-25-2003 at 05:33 PM

put it this way, it would require some coding in asm just to add the list then some more code to get a list of who's online......but it should be easy to a cracker/reverser;)

[edit] oh btw, it would most likely be illegal too:( [/edit]

[edit2] easy? oh oh I meant easier:P[/edit2]

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by tomfletcherman on 09-25-2003 at 05:41 PM

trying 2 reshack it now dont think ill get far

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by Huuf on 09-25-2003 at 05:45 PM

I will never use it, but maybe you can create a plugin that share's the current plugins with a selected client

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by BooGhost on 09-25-2003 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
trying 2 reshack it now dont think ill get far

but how are you planing to get the list of online ppl. i doubt this can be done with reshack....
RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by wipey on 09-25-2003 at 06:24 PM

Res Hacking really isn't the way to go

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by Wouter on 09-26-2003 at 04:48 PM

i think that you can just hook it

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by tomfletcherman on 09-26-2003 at 06:29 PM

cant find the lsit part, i did get the menu 2 open in2 another though:P im so gd @ this lol

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by wipey on 09-26-2003 at 06:31 PM

if u use the messenger api u shud be able to get all online contacts now yay:)

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by matty on 09-26-2003 at 07:38 PM

i tried editing the the 6 dll 2 do the same as the 3.6 but for what i did , it still opens the window :S

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by Shadows_death69 on 09-26-2003 at 10:07 PM

guess what... im using msn 6.1 beta and i realized that this option click the little guy and the instant messenger thingy is there so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreggg update now... dont be stupid ;).. i just noticed booghost was smart like me ;)

RE: Right Click, Send an Instant Message, list of Names by EvilSeph on 09-27-2003 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadows_death69
guess what... im using msn 6.1 beta and i realized that this option click the little guy and the instant messenger thingy is there so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreggg update now... dont be stupid ;).. i just noticed booghost was smart like me ;)

Urm...no its not? where?

There is something similar, but not what he wants.