Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! (/showthread.php?tid=16350)

Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Patchou on 10-06-2003 at 08:01 AM

Hello!

as you may know, I'm currently working on Messenger Plus! 2.50. This version will require several important language updates (for the new features) so any language file that won't be updated in time won't be included in the public release.

If you want to help to update the script of your language, please send an email to mplus-trans@patchou.com and tell me for what language you want to sign-up. The update work won't take more than a couple of hours of your time and ten of thousands of people speaking your language will be thanksful to you for this work. Note that if you are already on the official translator mailing list (it means you received emails when Messenger Plus! 2.20 were released 2 month ago), there is no need for you to email me; you'll receive the usual instructions as soon as a beta version is ready to be translated.

Some languages (like Arabic but it's not the only one) still exist but need more updates to be included back in the next release. If your language is not distributed with Plus! 2.21 and you still want to participate, please email me! you may have the good surprize to see that you only need to update an existing file already containg 90% of the work done.

I'm counting on you to spread the word! (mess.be? :)). If languages are not updated, the multi-language interface of Messenger Plus! will be completely useless in a matter of monthes :).

Thank you for your time and support,
Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by s7a5 on 10-06-2003 at 09:47 AM

good newz but u forgot to list some of the new features !

:banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Choli on 10-06-2003 at 10:20 AM

New version to translate :banana:!! :D

Yes, tell us some new features...

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Mnjul on 10-06-2003 at 11:40 AM

New translations!

* Mnjul remembers that Patchou was asking for Plus! 2 translation around the same date last year..:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm ready;)
Translators always are ... the pioneers that get the taste of new functions:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Ramoonus on 10-06-2003 at 12:42 PM

Im ready 2

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by FrEaKyLeGeNd on 10-06-2003 at 02:02 PM

Hope I can help...
Just send the mail..

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Nastyboy_druk on 10-06-2003 at 02:03 PM

I will help ill send you a email i'am from holland:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by ShunterAlhena on 10-06-2003 at 02:24 PM

Hi all,
i'm the only Hungarian translator, but i don't know if i'm on that mailing list. anyway, glad to help.

Shunter

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by x2zen on 10-06-2003 at 03:03 PM

Hope I can help with the danish translation, i have send the email :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by KnightieBoy on 10-06-2003 at 03:37 PM

Just sent an email, hope I can help with dutch translation, hmm saw so many dutch translators already :undecided: oohh well *crosses fingers* :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Tochjo on 10-06-2003 at 04:16 PM

I'd help translating in Dutch too if necessary, haven't sent an email though (just as Knightieboy said, so many Dutch translators already...). If the Dutch translators need any help, just PM me.

Mendor: I don't know what you were planning on doing with your Esperanto translation; you're probably a much better Esperantist than I am, so it's probably best if you keep working on the Esperanto translation. If you still want to, that is.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Patchou on 10-06-2003 at 05:24 PM

no, I didn't forgot to talk about new features.. I just imagine you'll have a biggest interest if I keept them secret (and if you check my answers on the forum, you can already know about f the new features).

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by robjones2003 on 10-06-2003 at 06:15 PM

I will do the Welsh Tanslation.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by FrEaKyLeGeNd on 10-06-2003 at 06:32 PM

Hehe.. My life is boring @ the moment so I wanna start a.s.a.p. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by user13774 on 10-06-2003 at 06:49 PM

I would like to help with fixing the Dutch translation for :plus2: 2.50, though there are many translators. I have send you an email. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by FrEaKyLeGeNd on 10-06-2003 at 06:57 PM

hmmmz... I've already counted 4 or 5 people (including me) for the Dutch translation :D

Great country ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Stigmata on 10-06-2003 at 07:00 PM

i can do most translations??? english, galic[ spelt wrong of corse] austrailian, american, canadian

hehehehehe get the joke, but ill help out with whatever translations

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Mike on 10-06-2003 at 07:58 PM

Well...I might try to be a greek translator;)
Well my english isnt so good but im one of the few greeks here....
Ill sing up!:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by JIOB on 10-06-2003 at 09:08 PM

I can help you with spanish translation ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by paperless on 10-06-2003 at 09:14 PM

i can help with portuguese.. but you already have translatos for it.. but if u need me.. Portuguese of Portugal as you know its  diffrent in some parts that make diffrence from portuguese of brazil

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Chrono on 10-07-2003 at 12:20 AM

Here i am to translate it into spanish latin... again... :dodgy:

* Chrono slaps Patchou around a bit with a large trout.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by BooGhost on 10-07-2003 at 12:56 AM

me can help...... i think :S

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by ben_b on 10-07-2003 at 01:04 AM

I can translate to Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, German, French, or Chinese.

P.S. Posted on Mess and on its way to Neowin.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by sock on 10-07-2003 at 05:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ben_b
I can translate to Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, German, French, or Chinese.
You speak all that stuff? :S

Anyway, I'd be happy to update my Hebrew translation for the new version. :banana:
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Rush on 10-07-2003 at 12:07 PM

I can translate to  Chinese Trad.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Hidea on 10-07-2003 at 01:31 PM

I can do the Indonesian translation (infact, I'll update the current indonesian version)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by ben_b on 10-07-2003 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
quote:
You speak all that stuff? :S

Anyway, I'd be happy to update my Hebrew translation for the new version. :banana:

I can speak a few of them and with the help of friends, teachers, and the internet I can do the other ones.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Choli on 10-07-2003 at 02:36 PM

quote:
I can speak a few of them and with the help of friends, teachers, and the internet I can do the other ones.
You need a very good knowledge of the languages you're interested in to make the translation, preferably you should translate into your main/mother language
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Menthix on 10-07-2003 at 10:37 PM

Hey Patchou, i signed myself up :D Hope you don't bother about that :p... I'm getting the translator database back at the moment (read my email for more info on that). Nice to see so many people intrested in helping free softwre get better.

MsgPlus! Translators Database Admin welcomes the new translators, have a nice stay on my harddisk.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by :No-Frost: on 10-07-2003 at 11:01 PM

mmm if you need translation help (for spanish) I can help ^^

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Chrono on 10-08-2003 at 12:15 AM

:o Jae :banana:

Ill surely ask u for help if i need 1it :No-Frost: (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by BooGhost on 10-08-2003 at 02:27 AM

what bout me Chromo :(

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by :No-Frost: on 10-08-2003 at 03:32 AM

Lo que sucede es que con Chrono somos del mismo pais por lo que el espaņol latinoamericano no es un problema ^^

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by BooGhost on 10-08-2003 at 03:54 AM

yeah i know that, by the I'm Peruvian ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Chrono on 10-08-2003 at 04:17 AM

El pisco es chileno!! Nah just kidding :P

Anyway, of course ill ask u too :P ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by AustinM1983 on 10-08-2003 at 07:30 AM

OK ill do the Oz and the band engrish and the real bad engrish if u want:P  :lol::lol::banana::lol::lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Choli on 10-08-2003 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
Hey Patchou, i signed myself up :D Hope you don't bother about that :p... I'm getting the translator database back at the moment (read my email for more info on that). Nice to see so many people intrested in helping free softwre get better.

MsgPlus! Translators Database Admin welcomes the new translators, have a nice stay on my harddisk.
MsgPlus! Translators Database? Can you tell us more things about it? What's that? I'm a bit lost. *-)
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Mnjul on 10-08-2003 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777

MsgPlus! Translators Database? Can you tell us more things about it? What's that? I'm a bit lost. *-)
Jae was originally in charge of the whole thing about the translations for Plus!...but he was too busy to see to it, so Patchou then, took over:)

Welcome back, jae:P
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by nus on 10-08-2003 at 11:23 AM

Mail sent
As sock I'd be happy to update my catalan version for the new :plus2: version.
Patchou we :many: want work, too.
:type:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Kryptonate on 10-08-2003 at 11:29 AM

If a dutch translator needs help, you can ask me :) (ohw yeah, how about a dutch translator from The Netherlands and one from Belgium?:tongue:)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Anio_pke on 10-08-2003 at 03:55 PM

I want traduce messenger plus! into galizian

Sorry, because my other post is in general translation forum

:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by ShunterAlhena on 10-08-2003 at 08:23 PM

Hi Patchou and MsgPlus bosses!

Could you please create a worksheet, or table, or database, where someone can review who's on his/her language, and the translators can signal that if they need help or not. (and of course the translators can review if they are officially translators. :) )

Sorry if there's already any, haven't found it yet...

Shunter

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Choli on 10-09-2003 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shunter
Hi Patchou and MsgPlus bosses!

Could you please create a worksheet, or table, or database, where someone can review who's on his/her language, and the translators can signal that if they need help or not. (and of course the translators can review if they are officially translators. :) )

Sorry if there's already any, haven't found it yet...

Shunter
When we were translating 2.20, Patchou put our emails at http://files.msgplus.net/temp/trans220.htm but now the url doesn't exist. Can you, Patchou, put it again (and make it permanent, so all people can see it when they want)?
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Stigmata on 10-09-2003 at 07:25 PM

has anyone recieved a reply yet, does no reply mean that they dont want your or that its already taken

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Tochjo on 10-09-2003 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
In a week or two you'll receive an email with Plus! 2.50 beta, [...] and the instructions to update it.
Quoted from another thread. I think Patchou wants to wait until most translators have sent an email, and then do it all at once.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by jpg050 on 10-09-2003 at 10:29 PM

Ready when you are...

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Menthix on 10-09-2003 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
When we were translating 2.20, Patchou put our emails at http://files.msgplus.net/temp/trans220.htm but now the url doesn't exist. Can you, Patchou, put it again (and make it permanent, so all people can see it when they want)?

Well, i have a database which has all names/emailadresses/languages up and running for Patchou, he uses it to send all the emails to you people. It would be very easy to modify that script and give you all an online dynamic database with the names/emailadresses and stuff from the people in your language group....

...i'll talk to patchou about it, the only problem for me is that i can't promise that much uptime (i host from my own home pc and my bandwith is sometimes low because i download alot.... i see if i can host the script a Patchou's deticated server... if he allows me to do that it won't be any problem to make that permanent and keep it up to date all the time.

EDIT: Just had a quick talk to Patchou. My script will be transferred to Patchou's server soon, which allows way more bandwith, there i can easily set up a page that Choli described. You'll here about it when it's there.

Ow, i think nobody recieved an official reply yet, i guess he will email everybody at once which will probaly be somewhere next week.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by built on 10-17-2003 at 02:46 PM

patchou, could u send me old thai_lang.ini flie please. i need it to do my 2.5 thai translation. (bulit_2001@hotmail.com)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by ben_b on 10-18-2003 at 05:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by built
patchou, could u send me old thai_lang.ini flie please. i need it to do my 2.5 thai translation. (bulit_2001@hotmail.com)

It's Lang_Thai.ini but it does apear not to be there.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.50 Translation - SIGN UP! by Patchou on 10-19-2003 at 03:20 AM

Translators for the Thai language have been emailed with special instructions as this language requires more updates than the others.

Translations have started! thank you all for your participation :)