Shoutbox

Plus! icon next to webcam icon - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! icon next to webcam icon (/showthread.php?tid=16365)

Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Tochjo on 10-06-2003 at 06:14 PM

Lots of people have requested this feature, and some have requested a poll. So, this is the poll :)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Tochjo on 10-06-2003 at 06:17 PM

Patchou's reaction:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
the "got Plus!" feature could be nice, I just considered it again and sorry but it's still a no. The only good way I would have would be to send a message to my server to say "this user@hotmail.com" has installed (or uninstalled) Plus!. If I do that, the week after you'll see posts saying that I'm collecting the emails of all my users to send spam.

However, as you are insisting a lot about that, I'm going to do something similar for the next version... I'll add a Ping command (a real one, built-in the software, not the plugin demo). If you use it, the other computer will respond automatically so you'll know if the user has Plus!. Plus! will then register this information in the special Contact Profile the new version of Plus! has (just type /info to see it).

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by martin on 10-06-2003 at 06:20 PM

me wants it, me needs it

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Daniel on 10-06-2003 at 06:27 PM

im always gettin illiterate computer ppl that dont know whether they have installed plus :s

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by martin on 10-06-2003 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shady090
im always gettin illiterate computer ppl that dont know whether they have installed plus :s
same here, some ppl dont even know wut OS they gots
RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Stigmata on 10-06-2003 at 06:58 PM

but still it helps i keep getting people saying why do you have numbers at the start of you screen name.......[ highlighted name]

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Daniel on 10-06-2003 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martin
quote:
Originally posted by Shady090
same here, some ppl dont even know wut OS they gots

:lol:

i just tell em to type (!VER) that usually tells me if they have it or not .. but its a pain in the ass to do !
RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by BooGhost on 10-06-2003 at 08:15 PM

I'ts great... but still won't be added, a similar ping-based feature will be created tough

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by reisyboy on 10-06-2003 at 08:57 PM

well somthing is better than nothing :)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by dom. on 10-06-2003 at 09:02 PM

Yeah patchou! the trouble is, people have relly old versions of plus.. or they dont know its compatible with msn 6.. well half the people on my list anyway.. :-/

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by dotNorma on 10-06-2003 at 10:42 PM

its great , but as it is described i dont think it will be added , i think it would be added in someway but not as an icon next to the webcam because if im correct it would be illegal

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by user503 on 10-07-2003 at 03:14 AM

removed

RE: RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by riley on 10-07-2003 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
haha when i try to tell me contacts to type (!VER) they always type !VER :P takes me ages to actually get em to type it.. and even then they are suspicious:S

Dan

haha sounds familiar, me too :p
RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by EvilSeph on 10-08-2003 at 11:04 PM

Patchou has had many reactions to this request and the answer is and will continue to be no. Many reasons include skins, privacy, its not very "nice" looking...etc..

This thread and poll are pointless...please close it Mods/Admins...

/info will suffice until Patchou finds an effective way of implementing this.

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Pipish on 10-11-2003 at 05:34 AM

yeh well it would be good but everyone doesnt have a webcam

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by DarKnight on 10-11-2003 at 05:58 AM

Privacy could be fixed by having a "Turn on/off Plus! notification" or something, that way people can't say they're being forced to use it.

Also that option would come in handy if you're using a skin.

It's not something major to be added, but would be nice.

It doesn't bug me if it's added or not.

I just want the other useful and cool features Patchou is adding. :)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by reisyboy on 10-11-2003 at 10:21 AM

I was looking what about this.

[Image: attachment.php?tid=16365&pid=144412]

NB I realise it wouyld cover the status so it would need to switch sides i'm just to lazzy to do it  :refuck:

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Vegeta on 10-11-2003 at 01:21 PM

GReat, hope that feature comes out

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by riley on 10-11-2003 at 09:57 PM

he i was thinking... somebody who uses skins can find such a icon ugly, indeed, it may look nasty, but if we can choose which icon we prefer (just like in boss protection) and an on/off option it should be ok with everybody isn't? :)

RE: RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by DarKnight on 10-11-2003 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riley
he i was thinking... somebody who uses skins can find such a icon ugly, indeed, it may look nasty, but if we can choose which icon we prefer (just like in boss protection) and an on/off option it should be ok with everybody isn't? :)

I like your idea about changing the icon like is boss protection. That way every one could be 100% happy about it. :)
RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by BooGhost on 10-12-2003 at 03:55 PM

he won't but he'll include something similar :p

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by BooGhost on 10-12-2003 at 04:01 PM

btw check here, that's what Patchou said bout that feature

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Mippo on 10-12-2003 at 05:27 PM

I'd love this feature :gfdrin: Sometimes when ppl have annoyed me, I come online later and send them sounds like a mad man... and then, in the end, it seems they don't have MsgPlus!... man, that sux :tongue:

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Chris.1 on 10-12-2003 at 05:58 PM

Another way this could be implemented is by changing the "credit card" warning at the top to something like "this contact has plus installed" or some thing similar.

The only limitation I can see with this is if you have multiple contacts in one conversation.

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by reisyboy on 10-12-2003 at 06:56 PM

Nope because thats just a reg key and after the first 5 convos on MSN6.0 doesn't display :)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by jordanspringer on 10-13-2003 at 06:33 AM

you know how there was talk about right clickin on the user to ping them to find out whether or not they have plus installed? well this would be nice if u could do the same, only ping them to see whether or not the contact has blocked you somehow, maybe using something similar to mess.be's Triople-extened block checker technology....that would be sweet

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Tochjo on 10-13-2003 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jordanspringer
to see whether or not the contact has blocked you somehow
Not going to happen. Patchou won't include things that could put people's privacy in jeopardy.
RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by miguy2k on 10-13-2003 at 02:37 PM

I dont think there will be a way to check the presence of older Plus! versions...

We'll only be able to check if the other person has Plus! if he/she has the new (Plus!-Ping Enabled) Version...

As for the poll: As long as it doesnt hide / enlarge something (especially while using webcam feature), I go for "YES" :-)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by lopardo on 10-14-2003 at 04:36 AM

I like the idea :) It would be cool if it could be deactivated too.

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by reisyboy on 10-14-2003 at 03:43 PM

yeh it would be nice :)

However Patchou's not going to make it next to the webcam icon. However we can expect somthing similar (ping function)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by miguy2k on 10-15-2003 at 11:47 AM

hey, I just got another idea: since Plus! will be able to determine if contacts are using Plus! aswell, it could do an away msg query on them to see why they're away (the auto-response string..)

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by frog on 10-16-2003 at 05:44 AM

i like the sound of it.. i think :|

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by dom. on 10-16-2003 at 06:36 AM

ohhhhhhhhh.. how about you dont double post. :p

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by frog on 10-16-2003 at 06:39 AM

god.. sorry [Image: plzdie.gif]  :d   i love that guy :P...    ohhh.. theres an edit button.. amazing :P

RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by BooGhost on 10-16-2003 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stickmanbob
i like the sound of it.. i think :|
yeah but you vote no way :refuck: :P
RE: Plus! icon next to webcam icon by Tochjo on 10-16-2003 at 07:04 PM

As we all know by now, there will be a ping feature in Plus! 2.50, so I guess this thread could be closed now... Any admin/mod willing to? Or can't you be bothered... :rolleyes: