Shoutbox

Profile Viewer 1.3 released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Profile Viewer 1.3 released (/showthread.php?tid=16439)

Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 10-08-2003 at 02:33 PM

Profile Viewer has finally been released!  Some users are having errors, so i have now added a Error Log, so if you have a problem with the program, email me the ProfileViewer.log file in your temp folder.

Any ideas or suggestions then email me or reply to this thread.

Dempsey

Click Here to Download

Edit: I have now fixed a bug which caused a few problems for some people.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-09-2003 at 11:15 AM

1. It still says "Version 1.2" in the installation program.

2. The size of the picture is always the same, which means that sometimes the picture is "streched" to another shape than the original shape.

3. Special characters like é and û aren't displayed correctly.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 10-09-2003 at 01:50 PM

it now says 1.3 in the install program.  i'll try and sort the picture stretching and the characters not showing correctly. 

The program now also gets the users website if they have one.

If anyone has any ideas for features to add then let me know.

Dempsey

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by chris on 10-09-2003 at 02:49 PM

im still getting runtime error out of memory...

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-09-2003 at 05:37 PM

this should be a plugin, not a...a...um....an unplugged:S

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-09-2003 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wipey
this should be a plugin, not a...a...um....an unplugged
Yes, I thought so too, it's just a seperated program, which confused me a bit in the beginning as well.
RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-09-2003 at 06:58 PM

surely dempsey could make it a plugin:$?

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 10-09-2003 at 08:01 PM

it originally was a plugin, but then i couldnt get threads working so it froze messenger while it was downloading and then you had to restart messenger, so unless anyone can help me get threads working in vb, i dont think there'll be a plugin.  Unless the plugin just calls the standalone program.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-09-2003 at 08:28 PM

threads in vb, they err, don't exist8-) you could make it timeout though and restore control to msn

yea actually the plugin could call the standalone prog with a command line arg, maybe put the exe in a dir inside the plugins dir.....I dunno, I didn't like how it ran in systray either, can you make this optional?:$ and maybe a command to get the profile of the person who's chat window you typed the command in cos that wud be great:) don't think msgplus does that and it's annoyin typin in long emails:P
haha damn msgplus does do that, but it would still be great in your plugin:)

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-09-2003 at 09:49 PM

Blah StuffPlug N-G will have this feature. It has screenshot sender for full screen or just active window and u can choose the percent veiw to save it as and the file type to save it as.... example... /xscreenshot .png 100% (and it works cuz i use it all the time)

Sincerely stuffplug NG spokesdude

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-10-2003 at 08:13 AM

wtf you seem to not even know what this thread's about and it seems that stuffplug ng has every feature you could think of when at the moment it only has around 10 features, most from the old stuffplug (I'm using a beta:P) no offence but it's quite annoying the way you dismiss everyone else's plugins8-)

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by chris on 10-10-2003 at 06:36 PM

yea also just to add ya know mabey djm wants to have at least a couple surpises when it releasees lol... i think that would be better than heraing about them then getting to check em. cuz then when i get it i can be excited and look at the menu and not know what to expeact but if ya keep on tellin im gonna know what to look for so i just gotta find it!
Sorry this is offtopic

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-10-2003 at 09:25 PM

Blah , I;m not dissmissing everyones plug-ins. All these are good plug-ins but StuffPlug just has the same features. and also wipey DJMystic has done a lot of editing in stufplug NG and the only features so far the same are Counter , ToastFlood , and Talkers (dodgy) so I dont know what u r talking about , lol. There are lots of commands in StuffPlug that have not yet been added to the menu yet also that are in it like /xdpclock and so on.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-10-2003 at 10:19 PM

so tell me, what's this thread about lol?

I talked to DJMystic today and he was like wtf? lol and agreed wit me:P well, he said he didn't have enough time to include everything ever thought up lol
I'd say more like, (from the old stuffplug)
talkers,
counter,
calculate
toast flood
random line from file
and yes the clock has been added along with other features:P I'm sitting here using them lol maybe you should try not to get so obcessed with stuffplug ng, I mean it is great but it won't be out just yet.  either that or stop taking speed, your choice:)
...joke lol, but u seem eager to post anything anywhere:P

RE: RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-10-2003 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hereyougo420
yea also just to add ya know mabey djm wants to have at least a couple surpises when it releasees lol... i think that would be better than heraing about them then getting to check em. cuz then when i get it i can be excited and look at the menu and not know what to expeact but if ya keep on tellin im gonna know what to look for so i just gotta find it!
Sorry this is offtopic

btw good comment:P
READ THIS Messenger_Plus!
RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dom. on 10-10-2003 at 10:29 PM

nice :P

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-10-2003 at 11:04 PM

Blah , All the features that are made so far are on his site under the StuffPlug NG section. Ok , we are way offtopic so lets get off the subject. And DJMystic keeps up to date with what is said here by being geust and not posting. It gives him the oppertunity to see the requests and so on. Now back to TOPIC

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-11-2003 at 12:07 AM

btw, u spelt generation wrong:P
I'm jus taking the piss now:$

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by DarKnight on 10-11-2003 at 12:10 AM

It's ok, but I just can't seem to like it a lot. :(

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Xerxis on 10-11-2003 at 08:17 AM

ok, and now back on topic. dempsey if you want to create threads in vb (yes that is possible, i do it a lot) read this article

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Type_Librari...eading/article.asp

should help you out :)

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-11-2003 at 04:10 PM

oooo , NG will not have this feature , lol I thought this was screenshot sender :P

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-11-2003 at 04:29 PM

Yay , Well I really don't see what the point of putting it in the system tray is I think it should be optional like in the pic attached. The reguarlar close button closes it

RE: RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 10-11-2003 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxis
ok, and now back on topic. dempsey if you want to create threads in vb (yes that is possible, i do it a lot) read this article

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Type_Librari...eading/article.asp

should help you out :)

thanks for that, but do u have an actual example with source code i could look at?

Dempsey
RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 10-11-2003 at 04:58 PM

I have now removed the systray icon.  Some small bugs have also been fixed.  And the picture should be in the right proportions now.

Also if you click on the Messenger icon, your contact list pops up and you can select one to view their profile.

Dempsey

ps - download link in first thread

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-11-2003 at 05:19 PM

[*]The special characters like é still don't show correctly.
[*]Web site address can be so long, it will not be visible completely. When you click the link, the page will be shown correctly, but I think it would be nicer if you can see the entire web site address in the Profile Viewer.
[*]The version number is still 1.3, though some things were changed since the "first" 1.3 version I tested. Shouldn't the version number change?
[*]Now you have fixed the image streching, but now there is another problem:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=16439&pid=144516]
How about fixing this? ;)

Nice program though!

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Pure_BY on 10-11-2003 at 05:56 PM

Profile viewer? :/

What is that? Can you post more description + some screenshots?

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-11-2003 at 06:04 PM

Profile Viewer lets you view a part of your contacts user profile, including picture and web site address. You can choose a user directly from your MSN Contact List, but also just type an email address.

Edit: Besides that, profiles are also stored on your computer so you can review them later.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-11-2003 at 06:05 PM

Another screenshot is attached with this post. The profile is from Fraisie (hope she won't mind ;)).

Edit: note that her name isn't displayed correctly. It should say "Véronique".

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by DarKnight on 10-11-2003 at 07:31 PM

It's getting better. :)

Too bad you can't edit the background of the profile viewer box. I don't like the white for some reason. :(

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-11-2003 at 07:35 PM

Picky arent we :P

(I shouldnt be talking I told Dempsey to get rid of the system tray thing)

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 10-11-2003 at 08:20 PM

that's what I suggested:@ lol
I 'd still like to see it as a plugin:):$ btw it's workin really good:D

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by JaymachRalTir on 10-11-2003 at 11:16 PM

I like the system tray thing...so I'm sticknig with the version I got...wouldn't it be possible to have a tick box to say whether you want it in the systray or not?

EDIT: Fixing bad grammar.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-12-2003 at 01:35 AM

like in the picture i posted before?

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by JaymachRalTir on 10-12-2003 at 02:02 AM

Sort of...only I want it to be in the system tray all the time...that would only put it there when I'm not using it...I have a nice little order to everything in my system tray lol

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-12-2003 at 02:11 AM

hmmm...Like a checkbox under the options window?

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by chris on 10-12-2003 at 03:22 AM

Hey here is a couple sugestions..

1. Download Evryones Profile if your really bored so you can look at them all... (maby by haveing you save your contact list and using the email inbetween the <contact>Emial@here.com</contact> and then you can just click an arrow and browse through them all.. would take awile to downlaod but i htink it owuld be better than right clicking everyons name and finding there email or clicking view profile..

2. Option to save Peoples picture.. Note:Didnt make image full size..

3. Save there info so if they update it you can see what was on there before.

4. Cant Think of a 4th one  for now but will post if i can think of one.

btw im on xp now and im not getting any errors. i think it must have had something to do with win98/ME and windows messenger cuz alot of things that didnt work before wint 98 or ME work now:D

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-12-2003 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hereyougo420
2. Option to save Peoples picture.. Note:Didnt make image full size..

I like that :) But it saves it as the same file it was uploaded as :)
RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-12-2003 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
I like that But it saves it as the same file it was uploaded as
This could be solved if Dempsey would also include the current date in the filename.
RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by reisyboy on 10-12-2003 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wipey
surely dempsey could make it a plugin:$?

yeh sothin like

/xprofile email@domain.com

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-16-2003 at 08:32 PM

Just a question: what's the use of the Templates that are installed with the program?

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by dotNorma on 10-17-2003 at 12:39 AM

I think dempsey mastered the /xprofile <e-mail here> command :) He spent a while in a convo with me testing it everyonce in a while and he finnaly got it to work. I think he is just fixing some stuff up :)

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 10-17-2003 at 09:33 AM

yea Messenger_Plus is correct, the plugin now works, but i'm just sorting out a few things before i release it as Profile Viewer 1.4

The templates are for the exporting, which i have now got working, but im using a new template system and an template editor, so you can make your own templates.

You can now right click on a picture to save it.  But im still working on the unusual characters and downloading whole contact list.

Hopefully it should be ready in a few days.

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by qune on 10-17-2003 at 06:27 PM

excellent work...:)

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Tochjo on 10-27-2003 at 07:19 PM

Is there any date set for Profile Viewer 1.4 to be released?

RE: Profile Manager 1.5 by Dempsey on 11-03-2003 at 04:27 PM

Profile Viewer has now been renamed to Profile Manager, as it now includes a Profile Editor. 
I am also working on adding Yahoo profile viewing.  The exporting also seems to be working now. 

Hopefully it will be ready for beta release in a few days.  If anyone has any other ideas for features to add then let me know.

Dempsey

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by wipey on 11-03-2003 at 06:12 PM

urrm....I'd like to see the extra bits of the profile, like fave quotes and interests and that:$

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by chris on 02-18-2004 at 11:29 PM

... what happend to this? supost to be a couple days a? lol well its been a couple months.. well im not too worried about the update but could someone gime a working link or pm and send it to me through msn

RE: Profile Viewer 1.3 released by Dempsey on 02-19-2004 at 09:06 AM

I'll either try and find the old version and sent it to you, or see how far Profile manager is, i havent worked on it for a while.

Dempsey