Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE (/showthread.php?tid=16550)

Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Patchou on 10-11-2003 at 10:55 PM

Hello,

translations for the next version of Messenger Plus! will start soon, however, a recent crash of the server where the translators database was installed forced us to put back an old backup of the database. All of you who joined since last june are not listed anymore so I need everyone who want to translate the new version to email me at mplus-trans@patchou.com . If you already emailed me last week there's no need to send an email again, however, everyone else must send me a message with their name and the language they want to translate.

Thank you for forwarding this message everywhere you can (like mess.be). Note: if you do not receive any news from me it's simply because there are already too many people assigned for your language (example: Dutch... judging from the emails I received so far, half of my users must speak this language, I'll have to learn it someday :p).

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Chrono on 10-12-2003 at 12:08 AM

* Chrono slaps Patchou around a bit with a large trout.

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Mnjul on 10-12-2003 at 01:17 AM

* Mnjul slaps Patchou around a bit with a large trout.

As far as Patchou already knows English and French, I think he should learn German, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Arabic, Thai, blah blah etc.:P

Mail (E) sent.

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Menthix on 10-12-2003 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Dutch... judging from the emails I received so far, half of my users must speak this language, I'll have to learn it someday :p).
Nahhh... you really don't want to, belive me.. it's a crazy language :D
RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by nus on 10-12-2003 at 04:29 PM

Well, I know that it's not necessary, but, email sent again....
Mnjul: Patchou also should learn catalan :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Choli on 10-12-2003 at 07:14 PM

Mail sent for Spanish (Spain) (E) (i'm not sure if i'm on the list, is there any site where I can check it?)

* Choli slaps the server where the translators database was installed around a bit with a large trout.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Menthix on 10-12-2003 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
...i'm not sure if i'm on the list, is there any site where I can check it?...
No, not yet... but i'm working on it, when it's done i'll make sure every translator recieves the URL.

- If you're not mailed today you were not on the old list...
- if you already sended an mail to mplus-trans@patchou.com last week you will probaly be on the new list OR there are already enough translators for your language... just wait and see if you recieve a mail next week(s).
- Only if you were not mailed today and you didn't mailed to mplus-trans@patchou.com last week: If you want to translate you can send an email to that adress (include your name / language and emailadress).

quote:
* Choli slaps the server where the translators database was installed around a bit with a large trout.
Please don't slap my server :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Mike on 10-13-2003 at 11:17 AM

Well i sent the email when i saw the post on www.mess.be ....
Should i sent an email again??
Thanks.

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Mnjul on 10-13-2003 at 11:40 AM

Mail received. :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
Please don't slap my server:P
* Mnjul slaps jae's server around a bit with a large trout.
Oh no, I won't be removed because of slapping jae's server..will I? :P
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Menthix on 10-13-2003 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Avon
...i saw the post on www.mess.be ....
Should i sent an email again??...
In that case, no. You have either already been added and will recieve an email in a days. Or we already have enough translators for your language and you won't be contacted.
RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by KnightieBoy on 10-13-2003 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Dutch... judging from the emails I received so far, half of my users must speak this language, I'll have to learn it someday :p).
Nahhh... you really don't want to, belive me.. it's a crazy language :D
Crazy language? :P Naaah its funny... :P You really should learn it :P I wonder how the translators are atm of Dutch
* KnightieBoy is going to check :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by jpg050 on 10-16-2003 at 06:30 PM

Mail sent...

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by ShunterAlhena on 10-18-2003 at 05:34 PM

hi boys, i have a question.
i received the email from Patchou, stating that there are two co-workers. now, these guys never wrote to the forum, they never helped me, they never contacted me. i did the translation totally alone, in about 5 hours. also i can do the update totally alone, and i require no help. and now i should accept these unwanted helpers, who will do a few minutes' work, and will have their names in the About... box? a bit selfish, yeah, but anyway, if i need assistance, i'll ask for it...
so, is there any way to politely, and officially reject them?

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by jpg050 on 10-18-2003 at 05:40 PM

If they don't contact you, you can go alone... if they do, that will be to be discussed among yourselves.

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Choli on 10-18-2003 at 05:46 PM

Shunter: Tell them that they won't help you due to the reasons you posted (they never helped, they aren't on the forums...) and ask them to review your translation once you finish it. That way, they'll do something (as Patchou puts in the email) but the credits will go for you.

At the spanish spain translation we have the same problem. jpg050 and me are who translated all, but there are 5 people more who didn't do anything (in fact I don't know them, never saw posts of them...) In this case, what I did was: I sent an email to all of them and ask the 5 to revise the translation and said jpg050 and me will do the new part. Also I said that if anyone has anything to say then they should reply, but we didn't get any response (and I din't think we'll do)

Summarizing: I suggest to do the same we did.

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Stigmata on 10-18-2003 at 05:51 PM

email sent.........................hope i get picked

RE: Messenger Plus! Translations - EVERYONE by Patchou on 10-19-2003 at 12:17 AM

Translations have started! thank you all for your participation :)