Shoutbox

Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) (/showthread.php?tid=16675)

Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 06:56 AM

Not wanting to over shadow Shady's upcomeing X-Box skin, but IVE FINALY FINISHED MY MSN SKIN!! :D .. and ive called it "IsWag".. weird name, but if ya get the skin, u'll see y its called that.
its made for MSN Messenger 6.1 Beta.. ill update it to the final of 6.1 when it comes out.

Download here <-- main link now working

or download here

if ya have a skin site, ya can put it on ya site if ya want, just tell me about it though.

btw, the background used in the screen shots, is included in the installer, but u have to change it by ya self. the file will be in the programs main folder, so just look for it there.

< backup DL link >

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 06:57 AM

another screen shot of it, but this time with it tinted. the reason its all grey, is so that u can actualy use the colour tinting that msn 6.1 does.. but if ya like the grey, it also looks pritty good as that too.

Edit: Attachment fixed now, sorry bout that booghost.. - ranicx

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by DarKnight on 10-15-2003 at 07:32 AM

Looks cool. I hope you find a place to host it soon. :(

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by volkl on 10-15-2003 at 07:35 AM

looks awesome:) cant wait to download it

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by Underlord on 10-15-2003 at 08:24 AM

hope the link's working now :)

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 08:27 AM

[edit] ya can download it now.. link in first post [/edit]

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by Pipish on 10-15-2003 at 08:57 AM

wow nice work ill get that

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 09:11 AM

Ehm...

quote:
Sorry, but the page or the file that you're looking for is not here.
• Please check to see that you've entered the correct URL.
• The owner of this site may have chosen to delete their membership.
• The site may have been removed due to a violation of Tripod's Terms of Service.
• The site may have been moved to a different URL.

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 09:35 AM

yer.. sorry.. atm im trying to find sum1 elce to hoast it.. Tripod had a bitch at Underlord for remote linking a file and closed his account :s ... and i cant find anywhere elce to host it..

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 10:21 AM

Tochjo1987, ya can download it now from the link at the top of the first page. sorry about it not working b4

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
Tochjo1987, ya can download it now from the link at the top of the first page. sorry about it not working b4
Thanks! And I know Lycos (they closed my account for the same reason), so it's not really your fault it didn't work at first.
RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 10:36 AM

hehe i just sent ya a PM.. oh well..  it was underlords account that got closed cause he uploaded it to his account.. so hmm :undecided: feel kinda bad about that.

anyway, if ya have ne sujestions for new skins, just post it here, or pm me.

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Underlord on 10-15-2003 at 11:17 AM

Dont feel bad...
I'll just make another 1...
though i liked the address of that...
very easy to remember...:P
* Underlord goes to make a new account

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 01:26 PM

It won't work for me...
I get the following error message:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=16675&pid=146430]

Translation:
The application can't be started because the configuration of the application is incorrect. Reinstalling this application might solve the problem.

Well, it didn't. I installed three times (with the default settings) and it still didn't work.
Your skin works with MSN Messenger 6.0.0602, right?

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Stealth_X on 10-15-2003 at 01:49 PM

Well Tochjo1987, just for you I've made a quote, read it here:

quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
Not wanting to over shadow Shady's upcomeing X-Box skin, but IVE FINALY FINISHED MY MSN SKIN!! :D .. and ive called it "IsWag".. weird name, but if ya get the skin, u'll see y its called that.
its made for MSN Messenger 6.1 Beta.. ill update it to the final of 6.1 when it comes out.

[edit] Download here [/edit]

if ya have a skin site, ya can put it on ya site if ya want, just tell me about it though.

btw, the background used in the screen shots, is included in the installer, but u have to change it by ya self. the file will be in the programs main folder, so just look for it there.

So, as you can see, it's intended to work for MSN 6.1 BETA. But, now MSN 6.1 (final) came out, so now it's for that version.
Hope this tells you enough.
RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 02:13 PM

just to conferm that, the skin will only work with MSN Messneger 6.1.0114 that i know of, as it, its self, is that version.. can get the beta of msn messenger 6.1 here im not sure what version of 6.1 that is. so i cant be sure that it will work with it, but worth a try.

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 02:47 PM

Sorry I didn't read careful enough... I'm not very fond of beta versions (except betas of Plus! of course ;)), so I'll wait for the final version to come out.

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth_X
But, now MSN 6.1 (final) came out, so now it's for that version.
It did? As far as I know, only leaked betas are available.
RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-15-2003 at 02:54 PM

i havent herd of a leaked version on the final.. although i havent been looking too hard. 1 thing that seems a bit weird, y would they hold back the release of sumthing that they have finished :undecided:.. ill just wait till the official release of 6.1 and then port everything to that version.. 

anyway.. time for sleep, very |-)|-) havent spelt in days.. been working on this skin so ppl can use it, hehe ;)

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Sk3tch on 10-15-2003 at 03:02 PM

ranicx!
finnaly the long awated skin is made! Looks great (y)
Downloading..  thx ranicx :)

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by BooGhost on 10-15-2003 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo1987
It won't work for me...
I get the following error message:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=16675&pid=146430]

Translation:
The application can't be started because the configuration of the application is incorrect. Reinstalling this application might solve the problem.

Well, it didn't. I installed three times (with the default settings) and it still didn't work.
Your skin works with MSN Messenger 6.0.0602, right?

you need to have 6.1 (any 6.1) installed
RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Tochjo on 10-15-2003 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost

you need to have 6.1 (any 6.1) installed
Yes, I already knew, from Stealth_X's post. I'll wait for the official MSN Messenger 6.1 release, I don't like Microsoft betas.

Edit: It was kinda obvious you'd need MSN Messenger 6.1 (see directory path in my error message, it contains MSN Msger 6.1...)
RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by volkl on 10-16-2003 at 06:42 AM

when i click the link it says:

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 404
www.feer.co.uk
Thu 16 Oct 2003 07:41:19 AM BST
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

i tried right clicking and choosing 'save target as' but it still didnt work :-/

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-16-2003 at 06:51 AM

mm yer.. bugga. well theres another link there now, so use that 1 till the other link gets fixed.

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by volkl on 10-16-2003 at 07:16 AM

hurrah hurrah it worked :D downloading now :banana:

*cough* its goin at 4kb/sec and i hav 128k :-/

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Underlord on 10-16-2003 at 07:28 AM

:banana:
This host lets you remote download
:refuck: @ tripod

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by The_Thief on 10-16-2003 at 06:03 PM

I agree some beta's are pretty bad but MSN betas are good.  On the subject of the skin it was cute.  But not fantastic.

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-17-2003 at 12:43 AM

i actualy cut short the makeing of this skin, so i could just finish it off and start on a newer 1. was getting kinda sick of it. the new 1 should be good if all turns out well. but i wont be starting on it for a wile.. got alot of other things to do b4 i can start on a new skin

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Guido on 10-17-2003 at 02:16 AM

Very nice (Y)

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Underlord on 10-17-2003 at 07:06 AM

I've changed my host of ranicx's skin to...
http://underlord.bur.st/IsWag%20Skin%20Setup.zip
but the main one is working now so it is not really needed :-/
anyway ran should update it soon :)

[Edit] The link has been updated now [/Edit]

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by ranicx on 10-20-2003 at 02:15 AM

ok, well as far as i know there hasnt been anymore problems with that skin. if there has .. pleeeeszzzzzzzzzzzzzzz post about it!!
anyway, as sum ppl know, ill be starting a new skin, which i hope will be different from any other skin made. :wink:

RE: Finaly, ive finished my MSN Skin! (download here) by Shadows_death69 on 10-20-2003 at 11:50 AM

good luck ranic